Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14  All

Author Topic: Resistance II: The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 31726 times)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance II: The Empire Strikes Back
« Reply #150 on: July 16, 2012, 07:31:48 pm »

Expanding on this: If we do this right, we can win very easily in the next few turns.  Qvist/Robz/me, Qvist/Robz/me for back to back wins.

Um, what? Qvist is in no way cleared. Like, at all.
I consider him more cleared than everyone else.

*besides me and robz.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 16, 2012, 07:40:18 pm »

In order of public knowledge:
Robz is most cleared, since he was announced as resistance by Qvist and succeeded in a Mission with him and Qvist
Qvist is next cleared, since he passed a mission with Robz
Cayvie gets a little bit of clearance since she proposed the Qvist/Robz team

Not cleared to anybody but themselves - everyone else.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 17, 2012, 04:31:13 am »

That's really difficult. I really don't know how to vote, all sounds pretty reasonable.
I have no read on Galzria, that's why I'm doubting.
I still think cayvie is the better choice. When is the deadline? In 12 hours right? Anyone wants to convince me voting for or against it?

Sorry I've been at comic-con all weekend.

You just made me super-jealous.
Bwahaha, perks of being in the industry!

Wait, WHAT?

I'm a video game programmer, I'll probably write an introduction about myself in the Intro forum when I get around to it.

I'm jealous too  :-\

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 17, 2012, 04:57:58 am »

Why is cayvie so trustworthy? I really don't understand. Because she suggested a team that would work? Any team would do that.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 17, 2012, 05:15:48 am »

Nothing in particular about cayvie. But who else is trustworthy? As I said earlier, Robz, Qvist, and Cayvie are the only people with towntells, at least very ones in the last case.

I suppose you could always go on a fishing expedition and just pick someone  else random. Like me! :) (That's assuming Qvist is actually a resistance; if he's a spy, he'll have his own logic for figuring out who he wants to be on a team with.)

We have a lot of votes left until the deadly 5, and the team is mostly set anyway, no particular reason to hurry and accept the 1st one.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 17, 2012, 05:31:20 am »

Nothing in particular about cayvie. But who else is trustworthy? As I said earlier, Robz, Qvist, and Cayvie are the only people with towntells, at least very ones in the last case.

I suppose you could always go on a fishing expedition and just pick someone  else random. Like me! :) (That's assuming Qvist is actually a resistance; if he's a spy, he'll have his own logic for figuring out who he wants to be on a team with.)

We have a lot of votes left until the deadly 5, and the team is mostly set anyway, no particular reason to hurry and accept the 1st one.

[TootOwnHorn]I think my push for Robz getting to give away the power cards is at least as resistance friendly as Cayvie's suggestion for the team[/TootOwnHorn]

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 17, 2012, 05:40:08 am »

Fair enough, I'd buy that

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 17, 2012, 05:40:42 am »

Except then the numbers of resistance don't add up :(

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 17, 2012, 05:51:15 am »

So at least one, and probably more of you four are actually spies...

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 17, 2012, 01:44:00 pm »

I put Galzria on the mission because if it fails, we know he is a spy and to never put him on the mission again.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 17, 2012, 02:24:29 pm »

I put Galzria on the mission because if it fails, we know he is a spy and to never put him on the mission again.

That's... Completely faulty, not thought through, intentionally misleading logic - and what's worse, following it would cause a Resistance loss. If this mission fails, I know for a FACT that Qvist is a Spy, and Robz very well still could be as well.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 17, 2012, 02:29:19 pm »

Galzria could be a spy, but I'm not so worried because of the Opinion Maker. Of course he says "yes" if he's proposed to be in the mission, he would be as Resistance as he would be as Spy because you and I are Resistance. So, I rather have another one in the mission because we will have a read of Galzrias Opinion Maker and the vote of the person in the mission.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 17, 2012, 02:30:49 pm »

To elaborate on my post above:

Did you forget that Qvist could be a Spy who reported you Resistance (regardless of what your role really is)? And is the fact that he cleared a 2-man mission then really surprising? If he's a Spy, failing it would instantly reveal him (If he were Resistance, he wouldn't lie about your alignment, thus if the first mission failed, he was a Spy).

Given that, his credibility is only VERY slightly above null to me. Yours is the highest, but Qvist all but HAD to pass M1, regardless of alignment.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 17, 2012, 03:07:51 pm »

Mission 2.1 proposed by: Robz888:
Team Proposed: Robz888, Qvist, Galzria
Voting YES: Cayvie, Robz888, Galzria
Voting NO: ftl, Qvist, Axxle, Grujah
Result: Yes - 3, No - 4
Proposal Fails

Leadership passes to Qvist, who has 5 days to propose a team
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 17, 2012, 03:51:35 pm »

So, we have more info now. Exactly what I wanted.
And indeed cayvie voted yes, another sign for me to propose the team I had in mind.

### For Mission 2, I propose Robz888, Qvist, and cayvie.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 17, 2012, 04:08:45 pm »

I've got to Vote: No. I liked the last mission setup the best, as it had me over Cayvie (and I know that I'm Resistance). That said, I'm 5th leader, and if it gets down to me, my proposed team will be the same as M2:A1.

Mafia Record:

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 17, 2012, 04:16:23 pm »

Welp, if I liked the last one, I've gotta say I like this one even more ;) (I'm voting YES)
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 17, 2012, 04:18:35 pm »

I like this mission just as much as the last one, basically.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 17, 2012, 04:31:04 pm »

I've got to Vote: No. I liked the last mission setup the best, as it had me over Cayvie (and I know that I'm Resistance). That said, I'm 5th leader, and if it gets down to me, my proposed team will be the same as M2:A1.

Of course you don't like it. You are a Spy and know that there are 3 Resistance members on the team. So we have basically 3 times "yes" and only need one more yes for that team. Where is the other Resistance member?

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 17, 2012, 04:41:52 pm »

I'm not going to get in on this mission, pretty sure, nobody has any particular reason to trust me and I'm far along the food chain now.

I suppose before I vote yes to this, what missions would you be proposing if you got a chance at it, Axxle and Grujah? I'm leaning yes, since I did put cayvie as more likely resistance than any of you on first glance, but I suppose I'm willing to consider if there are any other reasonable options?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 17, 2012, 04:53:25 pm »

Let me see if I understand Qvist:

- Robz says something that isn't entirely true.

- I point out the oversight in his logic, and why you could still be a Spy

- You come out with "Galzria IS a Spy"

That about sum it up? What's wrong? Didn't like that I pointed out that you weren't in the clear? That nothing you had done would be out of place for a Spy? Really now. I'm correcting a hole in his logic. I think the M2A1 team WOULD have passed. But if it didn't, I would've known for sure who caused it.

Mafia Record:

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 17, 2012, 05:18:48 pm »

Wow, you're really in the defense, desperately trying to justify yourself.

But it's simple.
Robz is most likely Resistance for you, I'm sure he is.
I'm more likely Resistance than everybody else. I'm sure I am.
If anybody is most likely Resistance then it's cayvie.

I don't know anything about you yet. Voting "No", just to desperately get on the mission on your own is a pure Spy move. In a Resistance point of view the current mission has the best chances to suceed. Why voting no? It has nothing to do, that Robz said something not entirely true. It has nothing to do pointing that out and reminding everyone that I can still be a Spy.
It's the "No" vote, I really can't understand.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 17, 2012, 05:28:06 pm »

I'm defensive because you flat out called me a Spy, which is wrong! How do you EXPECT me to react? "Oh, that's ok. I'm really resistance but thinking otherwise is fine too I guess..."?:

Of course you don't like it. You are a Spy and know that there are 3 Resistance members on the team. So we have basically 3 times "yes" and only need one more yes for that team. Where is the other Resistance member?

Now, after I again call you out, you backpedal to say that really you don't know anything about my alignment. Really? That wasn't very clear from the above post!

As to wanting myself over Cayvie... Um, have you seen either of our PM's? Is there a reason you say I should trust hers more than my own? Because she proposed you and Robz when everybody here was in agreement that it was a fine choice? C'mon.

I know my PM. I find it ludicrous that you claim I'm scummy for wanting myself over an unknown. I want the mission to succeed. It had the best chance of doing so before. I know this to be true. The fact that I am in line this round to make it happen makes voting No to any other proposed mission the most logical thing to do.

Mafia Record:

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 17, 2012, 07:35:18 pm »

Welp, if I liked the last one, I've gotta say I like this one even more ;) (I'm voting YES)

Why did you YES the last mission when you knew that this one will be better from your point of view (Qvist announced it)?

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 17, 2012, 09:37:21 pm »

Why did you YES the last mission when you knew that this one will be better from your point of view (Qvist announced it)?

Because I was fine with the team. Also, I would have preferred to have Qvist hand out the cards than anyone in the next 4 after him.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14  All

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 20 queries.