Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14  All

Author Topic: Resistance II: The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 32045 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance II: The Empire Strikes Back
« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2012, 04:36:40 pm »

I will give Keeping A Close Eye on You to Qvist.
I will give Take Responsibility to Ftl.

### For Mission 2, I propose Robz888, Qvist, and Galzria.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 15, 2012, 05:14:21 pm »

Waiting for TR resolution.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2012, 09:17:59 pm »

Hm. That means I use "Take responsibility" to take a card, right?

Well, I don't particularly want to be Opinion Maker, and I'm the one that gave it to Galz in the first place. Soo... I can take KaCEoY from Qvist? And then next time we go on a mission, I get to look at one of the cards someone submitted, thus giving me a chance to catch a saboteur in the act?

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2012, 09:20:41 pm »

I think that's right, just double-checked, I think that's right.

##I use Take Responsibility to take Keeping a Close Eye on You from Qvist

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2012, 09:23:23 pm »

And then next time we go on a mission, I get to look at one of the cards someone submitted, thus giving me a chance to catch a saboteur in the act?

You can use it on any mission, not just the next one, but only on one mission.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 15, 2012, 09:35:17 pm »

While I don't have an issue with your vote ftl, I do wonder at "I really don't want to be Opinion Maker"... Why? As Resistance, it's pretty straight forward. Unless you've got something to hide?

Anyway, pretty easy here:

Vote: Yes

While there still exists two scenario's Qvist is a Spy, and one in which Robz is, I can't see this getting any better for me.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 15, 2012, 09:36:29 pm »

*don't have issue with you wanting KaCEoY* (Not *vote*)

Mafia Record:

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 15, 2012, 10:07:24 pm »

Okay. Some thoughts about this proposal.

Mainly, I'm pretty certain Robz is Resistance now. Remember that, if he's a Spy then Qvist is also a Spy. I don't think it's to the Spies' advantage to have more than one Spy on a mission (except mission 4): it runs the risk of having multiple Sabotage cards thrown, which will give the Resistance a ton of info. So, him proposing a team with himself and Qvist makes me think he's not a Spy.

Robz could be playing a very long con. I doubt it.

So, what to do about this team.

If it succeeds, we learn nothing concrete, and are one step closer to victory. Awesome.

I have a feeling that, if one of these three people is a Spy, they pretty much have to Sabotage. So it's a good thing we've got this KACEOY card.

So, if this mission fails with one Sabotage, ftl should probably check out someone's card. I suspect it should be Galzria, but maybe Qvist would be better.

If ftl investigates Galzria:
ftl reports that Galzria Sabotaged the mission: this means that AT LEAST one of ftl and Galzria is a Spy.
ftl reports that Galzria did not Sabotage the mission: this means that EITHER Qvist is a Spy and ftl is Resistance, or BOTH ftl and Galzria are Spies.

If ftl investigates Qvist:
ftl reports that Qvist Sabotaged the mission: this means that AT LEAST one of ftl and Qvist is a Spy
ftl reports that Qvist did not Sabotage the mission: we don't know anything for certain here. Robz and Qvist could be Spies and Galzria could be Resistance. Or Galzria could be a Spy and Robz and Qvist could be Resistance. Or Qvist and Galz could both be spies. Or ftl could just be lying! Yeah, investigating Qvist is the wrong move here.

Of course, the thing about this analysis is that Galzria's name could be replaced with any other.

Robz, why did you choose this particular team?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 16, 2012, 12:17:48 am »

Cayvie, I chose the team because Qvist and I already have a successful mission under our belts, and I think "if it ain't broke don't fix it" kind of works in this game. I thought about adding you, Cayvie, but I think Galzria is a better choice, because he has to vote publicly.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 16, 2012, 06:24:48 am »

Hm, strange move from ftl.
If I would be him, I would have taken Oponion Maker as Resistance.
I have one succesful mission, so I'm more trustworthy than him and only Spies have fear of the Opinion Maker.
I'm not a fan of this move.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 16, 2012, 07:14:20 am »

Huh? Why on earth would I take opinion maker? It gives me no benefit. I know I'm resistance, so why would I take away Opinion Maker from a potential spy?

Likewise with the taking KaCEoY. You're not more trustworthy than me to *me*. All I know about you is that you (and someone you called Resistance) passed Mission 1; I know my own role PM. If this mission is accepted, I'll be able to use my KaCEoY to check on either you or Galz. Not sure who to investigate, probably you since you're since you're sort of a linchpin since you gave us the info on Robz.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 16, 2012, 07:48:30 am »

I don't know what a linchpin is, but anyway. I can understand that you're not trusting me. But I think I have still a bonus compared to most others. So, I still can't understand why you took the card from me. Nevermind... So, with me and Robz as sure Resistance members, I have a hard time finding out who the remaining two members are. I'm a little bit worried we're hearing not much from Axxle and Grujah. But at that point cayvie has the biggest confidence so far for proposing me and Robz and a succesful mission. So, I'm not sure if I trust Galzria and don't know what I should vote. I'm the next leader and would likely propose me, cayvie and Robz for the mission. Any comments?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 16, 2012, 10:49:53 am »

I agree that taking Opinion Maker is better option.
Sure, ftl, you trust yourself more than others, but I do not have any reason to trust you over Qvist. We know nothing about you except that you have dealt Open Up randomly and that you proposed a team that included yourself.
On Qvist we at least know that he was on a passed mission, which gives him credit.
OTOH, on the other way Qvist would have a bit too much info only for himself (even though he was an OK choice) but I think that is a lesser concern if he is (generally) a more trustworthy.

Galz would (at least on this proposition) vote Yes by default as it is team that he Yes'd last time + himself, anyway.

As for the vote, I am not sure. Excluding me, and if I assume Robz is probably Resistance, there is only 2 resistance out of the rest of 5, so both would need to be on a team. Galz and cayvie are the same to me, cayvie made an obvious suggestion, doesn't really net him points. Also both voted the same and both like me.. But 2 that already passed + 1 other.. I don't know how much better I could get aside from team including me?

We have another day do decide, right?

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 16, 2012, 02:54:30 pm »

Yeah, we do. I voted already, probably a little too hastily because I was getting criticized for my stealing KaCEoY (which surprised me, I would have expected any Resistance or Spy to do the same) and because I was excited to use it. Should've waited. Maybe I should wait to use it and not just use it to investigate Qvist if this mission passes? Or maybe I should use it. Not sure.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 16, 2012, 03:11:06 pm »

Yeah, we do. I voted already, probably a little too hastily because I was getting criticized for my stealing KaCEoY (which surprised me, I would have expected any Resistance or Spy to do the same) and because I was excited to use it. Should've waited. Maybe I should wait to use it and not just use it to investigate Qvist if this mission passes? Or maybe I should use it. Not sure.

You can change your vote up until Tables posts the results.

Mafia Record:

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 16, 2012, 04:20:07 pm »

Sorry I've been at comic-con all weekend.

@ftl: You are correct, taking KaCEoY is a powerful move for both resistance and spies in a vacuum.  However, Qvist is a player who is second most likely to be resistance after Robz.  Taking it from someone like that is very suspicious.  I now consider you my most likely candidate for spy.

I'm not sure I trust Galzria.  He sounds very pushy to be on the team, but that might just be his playstyle.  I would be much more comfortable with me on the team.  I think I'll fail this.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 16, 2012, 04:21:33 pm »

You just made me super-jealous.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 16, 2012, 04:23:43 pm »

Bwahaha, perks of being in the industry!

@ftl: You are correct, taking KaCEoY is a powerful move for both resistance and spies in a vacuum.  However, Qvist is a player who is second most likely to be resistance after Robz.  Taking it from someone like that is very suspicious.  I now consider you my most likely candidate for spy.

I'm not sure I trust Galzria.  He sounds very pushy to be on the team, but that might just be his playstyle.  I would be much more comfortable with me on the team.  I think I'll fail this.
Expanding on this: If we do this right, we can win very easily in the next few turns.  Qvist/Robz/me, Qvist/Robz/me for back to back wins.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 16, 2012, 04:29:33 pm »

Wait, WHAT?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 16, 2012, 04:33:11 pm »

Wait, WHAT?

I'm a video game programmer, I'll probably write an introduction about myself in the Intro forum when I get around to it.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 16, 2012, 04:35:34 pm »

Wait, WHAT?

I'm a video game programmer, I'll probably write an introduction about myself in the Intro forum when I get around to it.

Oh, THAT industry. You are much less awesome now.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 16, 2012, 04:48:05 pm »

Wait, WHAT?

Oh, THAT industry. You are much less awesome now.
:'(

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 16, 2012, 05:31:03 pm »

@ftl: You are correct, taking KaCEoY is a powerful move for both resistance and spies in a vacuum.  However, Qvist is a player who is second most likely to be resistance after Robz. 

Again, how could likelihood compare to reading my own role PM and knowing I'm resistance? And I certainly don't want a case where Qvist turns out to be a spy and ends up giving us all the wrong info, not a fan of that concentration of power.

Like, I can see trusting Qvist a little, because he passed Mission 1 and because Robz hasn't betrayed us yet, but trusting him enough to let him have a power card you could have instead? Not seeing it.

Does the town somehow get more info from Qvist using that card, than for somebody else using that card on a mission that Qvist is in?

Taking it from someone like that is very suspicious.  I now consider you my most likely candidate for spy.

Well, that's your own judgment, I suppose. I disagree; I would have expected anybody to take it. (And I see absolutely no reason for anybody to have wanted to take Opinion Maker!)

True, Qvist and Robz should definitely go on this team since they passed D1, but I have no idea who the third person should be. I guess we have no real info on too many other people, I guess the stuff from the voting and the chatter. I'd prefer me, of course, but everyone would prefer themselves... ...and I have KaCEoY, so I guess I'm better on the sidelines looking in than as part of the mission.

Maybe Cayvie? She proposed the Robz/Qvist team, so that's a resistance point to her, proposing a successful team.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2012, 07:05:22 pm »

Expanding on this: If we do this right, we can win very easily in the next few turns.  Qvist/Robz/me, Qvist/Robz/me for back to back wins.

Um, what? Qvist is in no way cleared. Like, at all.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2012, 07:31:33 pm »

Um, what? Qvist is in no way cleared. Like, at all.
I consider him more cleared than everyone else.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14  All

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 16 queries.