Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 75  All

Author Topic: Mafia XV - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS  (Read 163064 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XV - Day 2 - Spec QT available w/mini game
« Reply #475 on: November 15, 2012, 12:45:52 am »

C'mon Mafia, join your buddy eHunt and hammer me, I dare you!

You aren't at L-1, so how is mafia going to hammer you?

Vote Count 1-5

Jotheonah (1) - Eevee
Captain_Frisk (2) - Ashersky, Axxle
Galzria (5) - Captain_Frisk, eHunt, Galzria, Jotheonah, TheMunch {L-1}
Yuma (1) - Qvist
Ashersky (1) - Yuma

Not Voting (1) - Grujah

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch

Deadline: Tuesday November 20, 2012. 7:30am PST (10:30am forum time)

What is this?  It's not a quote, and it's an old vote count.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 15, 2012, 12:53:27 am »

Reading... reading... lalalalalala...

Side note: I am really really really really really really really really really really really really.... *gasp* really really really really really really really really really really really really surprised I haven't been targeted that much yet.  Are our classic "lynch all lurker" players not in this game?  I don't remember who they are off the top of my head. I'm thinking if we have anyone that do that as town and they aren't doing so now, I think that would be a nice place to find mafia.  They're probably too scared to go for the "easy lynch".
Did a search for "Lurkers" by username.  Only one of us left that really cares about Lynch all Lurkers and he's been somewhat suspicious of us, although not too pushy.
I think both Munch and yuma are town. Would look for scum in the Joth / Qvist / Axxle area.. oh and ashersky is playing? Him too.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 15, 2012, 12:54:26 am »

Testing something in the next few posts
^

I was reposting some posts from earlier to see if yuma could have missed the votecount in the reply window.  I determined that it was very possible.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 15, 2012, 01:03:00 am »

you know, I could see the Eevee lynch too. Especially after getting all defensive at L4. But at this point, the inability of the town to lynch yuma is making him look even scummier. Like Eevee said, scum are hard to lynch.
Everyone is waiting for me to post, as they should.  There's no rush to lynch him, either wait for me to be replaced or lynch him at the deadline.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 15, 2012, 01:04:51 am »

you know, I could see the Eevee lynch too. Especially after getting all defensive at L4. But at this point, the inability of the town to lynch yuma is making him look even scummier. Like Eevee said, scum are hard to lynch.
Everyone is waiting for me to post, as they should.  There's no rush to lynch him, either wait for me to be replaced or lynch him at the deadline.
This reads to me as scum that thought they had a nice mislynch all lined up and then is surprised to see it not happen and is desperately trying to get it up and running again.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: November 15, 2012, 01:05:34 am »

This reads to me as scum that thought they had a nice mislynch all lined up and then is surprised to see it not happen and is desperately trying to get it up and running again.

@joth: Who is the scum that is stopping the lynch on yuma?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 15, 2012, 01:06:09 am »

There is a glaring Axxle-shaped hole in this discussion.
It's filling up quickly.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 15, 2012, 01:11:34 am »

And we're done.
Scum reads in order:
1) Ashersky
2) Jotheonah
3) Captain_Frisk
4) Eevee
Null:
TheMunch
Voltgloss
yuma
Town:
QVist
Axxle

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 15, 2012, 01:11:56 am »

And we're done.
Scum reads in order:
1) Ashersky
2) Jotheonah
3) Captain_Frisk
4) Eevee
Null:
TheMunch
Voltgloss
yuma
Town:
QVist
Axxle
This doesn't take into consideration scumteams.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 15, 2012, 05:22:21 am »

So Qvist, do you think I would be taking such controversial positions regarding town-yuma if I was scum?

Why not? For example to gain some trust.
I mean you played very townish at first, trying to defend everyone at first and slow things down.
But you didn't take up a position until I indicated that. It just seems you tried to adapt too much.
Now you play more offensive. So, I'm not sure what that means.
But, like I said. It's a not very strong read, more like a gut feeling.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 15, 2012, 05:23:33 am »

So Qvist, do you think I would be taking such controversial positions regarding town-yuma if I was scum?

Why not? For example to gain some trust.
I mean you played very townish at first, trying to defend everyone at first and slow things down.
But you didn't take up a position until I indicated that. It just seems you tried to adapt too much.
Now you play more offensive. So, I'm not sure what that means.
But, like I said. It's a not very strong read, more like a gut feeling.

I just noticed that offensive is ambiguos. I think "more aggresive" is more what I meant.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 15, 2012, 06:22:43 am »

Axxle, have you been playing kickball?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XV - Day 1 - Spec QT available w/mini game
« Reply #487 on: November 15, 2012, 06:24:49 am »

You can nominate for me for worst player of the year if you want (note - i do have the lowest win rate in regular games), but I'm sticking with it.

Naw CF, I think I am the worst with my 0% win rate (although 1 game is hardly a big enough sample size:P)

Oh, let's also add self-voting, which you habitually describe as anti-town. Boo.
This.

Also, all a breadcrumb proves is that you planned out your fakeclaim. And a breadcrumb that breadcrumbs a PR in general instead of a specific one? Seriously? That's much better for scum than town!
I'm with joth on this.  Vote: Galz.  This is all at best very anti-town behavior, and I know Galz to be better than this.  Plus his case in 225 is just super weak sauce.  And Galz is supposed to be teh Sauce Boss!

That being said I want to reiterate that I am still feeling CF is SK (although I'm sure that is going to get blown out of whack by confirmation bias) but he is really feeling to me to have a similar style to what happened to me in XV.  It explains my town on town feelings from him arguing with ehunt yet his overly defensive attitude towards a lot of suspicion floating around on him.  I'm probably wrong but mark my words...

TheMunch made it Very Easy (TM) to accidentally lynch Galz.  He places his vote in the middle of a paragraph and doesn't announce the L-1.

This is antitown and scummy.

I agree here. I think of all going on CFs Galzria wagon, TheMunch made it too easy.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 15, 2012, 06:26:21 am »

So I'm not sure if I should hear to my gut feeling or hear to all you more experienced players.

Typo
It's actually "Listen". They're similar meaning words but in this case you want to use "listen"

Yeah, I noticed this later too, but didn't to triple post only because of a typo. At least I clarified which word was missing.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 15, 2012, 06:30:00 am »

And we're done.
Scum reads in order:
1) Ashersky
2) Jotheonah
3) Captain_Frisk
4) Eevee
Null:
TheMunch
Voltgloss
yuma
Town:
QVist
Axxle

Why is TheMunch null? You pointed out that his bandwagon was scummy behaviour.
Ok, you also wrote that:

Voltgloss and Ashersky get town reads for slowing down the Yuma wagon. 

Eevee gets scum reads for defending Yuma and claiming no reads with the classic "I should do a reread."  I'm not holding my breath. 
I really like that TheMunch is making this distinction.  I would think as scum he'd lump them all in together (unless he's partners with Volt and/or Asher).

But I don't understand it. Could you clarify? What do you mean with "making this distinction"?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 15, 2012, 08:48:09 am »

Is that how you play scum? If it were me, I think I'd let that mislynch go and hop on the next one instead. Scum have lots of townies to choose from at this stage.

@joth: Who is the scum that is stopping the lynch on yuma?

Best guess? Eevee. Also maybe Qvist, who seems to have a town read on him that isn't well-explained.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 15, 2012, 09:54:42 am »

Thanks, Axxle.

I will circle back to the yuma case later, but first will give my thoughts on the rest of the town, as yuma requested.  I doubt I will have the opportunity to post at such length during the workday, but am aiming to get at least half of that analysis posted tonight.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 15, 2012, 10:03:52 am »

Eevee, I don't get your position about TheMunch. Here are some comments from you about him.

I guess I should vote for Munch, because unless he is willing to reconsider, his being alive is detrimental to town even if he is town himself, and the only way we can win is if he is scum.

Idk, it's just I think Munch and yuma are pretty much equally likely to be scum

I think both Munch and yuma are town. Would look for scum in the Joth / Qvist / Axxle area.. oh and ashersky is playing? Him too.

And I certainly don't want to lynch Munch if he is town, I was just pointing out he needs to not be boneheaded and stubborn for town to have a chance in this game.

The third quote totally doesn't fit. So what is your opinion about him? You think he is town, but you want to vote for him because he plays badly!?
I don't understand this. You have brought up several arguments against him and still don't vote for him. No, you even think he's town. I don't get it. Can you explain?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 15, 2012, 12:08:20 pm »

I would like to hear everyone else's views on if they think yuma's hammer was the work of scum or the work of town.

More likely scum than town.  Good points on yuma's timing, and his claims of not having noticed/read don't resonate.

Vote: Yuma

I do think Frisk is still worth a look.

vote: ashersky abandoning a crappy selfmade wagon to join one that he knows to contain a townie...

My sole vote on Frisk constitutes a wagon that I'm abandoning?  At least I've taken the time to build a case, which I actually pressed on D1, as well.  VG took the time to build a case on you.  You blithely lash out instead.

Semantics... wagon, single vote... whatever... the point is that you built a flawed case today and yesterday. You were pushing a lynch that had no substance. Sure Volt built a case, it has some merit. I am not blaming him for that. But I am saying that you are leaving your poorly built case on Frisk to join a relatively well build one on me... and voting for you.

Asher is not telling the truth here.  He was the 2nd person on me.  Even if it was empty when he left - he definitely turned my vote into a wagon, or tried to.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XV - Day 1 - Spec QT available w/mini game
« Reply #494 on: November 15, 2012, 01:46:54 pm »

Vote Count 2-4

Captain_Frisk (1) - QVist
Jotheonah (1) - Eevee
Ashersky (2) - yuma, Axxle
yuma (3) - Voltgloss, jotheonah, TheMunch
Eevee (1) - Captain_Frisk

Not Voting (1) - ashersky

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline: November 26 2012, Noon PST

"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: November 15, 2012, 02:14:57 pm »

I don't want to vote for Munch, I think he is town who is tunneling way too hardcore and to be blunt playing badly. Saying "he is town" is maybe an overstatement, rather "more likely than average to be town".-

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 15, 2012, 04:33:05 pm »

Bump?

The lack of traction on my eevee case makes me feel even better about it.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 15, 2012, 04:43:05 pm »

I don't want to vote for Munch, I think he is town who is tunneling way too hardcore and to be blunt playing badly. Saying "he is town" is maybe an overstatement, rather "more likely than average to be town".-

This sounds like town Eevee.  Scum Eevee is burned into my brain...
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 15, 2012, 05:42:26 pm »

Just because you don't have a hand of dominion cards doesn't mean you can ignore this thread folks.  Let's talk about eevee!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 15, 2012, 05:43:23 pm »

Just because you don't have a hand of dominion cards doesn't mean you can ignore this thread folks.  Let's talk about eevee!
I like the subject! Personally I think he is town, and doing a good job. Others?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 14 queries.