Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 75  All

Author Topic: Mafia XV - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS  (Read 161779 times)

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XV - Day 2 - Spec QT available w/mini game
« Reply #400 on: November 13, 2012, 05:22:41 pm »

Day 2 Post Count

Qvist: 10
Joth:  12
Eevee: 26
CF:    13
Axxle: 1
Ash:   8
Yuma:  20
Volt:  13
Munch: 19

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 13, 2012, 06:54:13 pm »

Some thoughts about posts since I last posted....

- TheMunch - At first I was a little irritated with him, and started to develop a scumread on him, but when I actually analyzed what he was saying I changed my mind. Here was my thought process:

Fact:
1st - I am town
2nd - Munch is voting for me
3rd - TheMunch is either mafia or town
4th - TheMunch has basically FOSed Eevee and Qvist for not voting for me, or rather expressing hesitation in voting for me.

If themunch is mafia there is only one possibility: that from his point of view he knows that I am town. If I get lynched, his FOS on Eevee and Qvist go nowhere. In fact it has a high probability of backfiring on him tomorrow.

If themunch is town there are two possibilities from his point of view. 1. I am town - if I get lynched, again his FOS on Qvist and Eevee has the potential to backfire, but he doesn't really care about that. He only cares about lynching scum.  2. I am mafia - he is able to deduce that since I am mafia, those that expressed hesitation toward me have a high probability of being mafia as well.

The only scenario in which it makes sense for theMunch to FOS eevee and qvist so hard is if he is town. All of his later posts seem to show this as well, that he is town (mistaken and overly excited for thinking that he found scum), but still town.

jot you still have not answered me regarding this:
PPE: Jot, you are completely ignoring my response to that post... If you look you can see that I skimmed the posts for a vote count... that is very easily gone in 66 seconds.

your vote was based on "as good as catching me in a lie." I have offered the true explanation of what happened? Do you think I am still lying? Or are you voting me for other reasons? If other reasons, because I can't see you voting for me when I have a good explanation for this supposed lie, why haven't you explained them?

Frisk
8. yuma - Nervous.  Hit L-1 and didn't claim?
Do you want me to claim?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 13, 2012, 06:58:14 pm »

I think both Munch and yuma are town. Would look for scum in the Joth / Qvist / Axxle area.. oh and ashersky is playing? Him too.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 13, 2012, 07:40:22 pm »

I think both Munch and yuma are town. Would look for scum in the Joth / Qvist / Axxle area.. oh and ashersky is playing? Him too.

Why me too?  I agree on Munch probably being town.  Yuma / Frisk are my top scum reads.  Where is Axxle???
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 13, 2012, 07:46:20 pm »

Why me too?  I agree on Munch probably being town.  Yuma / Frisk are my top scum reads.  Where is Axxle???
Because I literally forgot you were playing until I looked at Munch's post count.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: November 13, 2012, 07:49:45 pm »

Because I literally forgot you were playing until I looked at Munch's post count.

You posted 30 minutes after my last post before turning in for the night--when I unvoted yuma.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 13, 2012, 08:05:56 pm »

Where is Axxle???

he was on about 1/2 hour ago... but I don't know if he viewed this thread or not...

I am not too concerned. Sometimes things come up and it is hard to post, and we do have time. The deadline is 13 days away

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 13, 2012, 09:25:19 pm »

I haven't really paid enough attention to this thread.  I'll reread it later tonight.  My home computer is busted so I have to stay late at work to catch up with things.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 13, 2012, 09:26:05 pm »

My initial thought as of a few pages back is that yuma is town.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 13, 2012, 09:29:13 pm »

PPE: Jot, you are completely ignoring my response to that post... If you look you can see that I skimmed the posts for a vote count... that is very easily gone in 66 seconds.

your vote was based on "as good as catching me in a lie." I have offered the true explanation of what happened? Do you think I am still lying? Or are you voting me for other reasons? If other reasons, because I can't see you voting for me when I have a good explanation for this supposed lie, why haven't you explained them?

I don't like that you hammered accidentally. If you're town and you're signing on and voting, and it's not close to a deadline, you should have read the whole thread.

Your explanation is believable, but I don't believe it. Volt's narrative of the whole thing, that you are scum who decided outing a power role/SK was worth the risk of derphammering, is still the most believable narrative to me.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 13, 2012, 09:55:54 pm »

I don't like that you hammered accidentally. If you're town and you're signing on and voting, and it's not close to a deadline, you should have read the whole thread.

Your explanation is believable, but I don't believe it. Volt's narrative of the whole thing, that you are scum who decided outing a power role/SK was worth the risk of derphammering, is still the most believable narrative to me.

sure, I should have reread the entire thread, but galz's selfvote made me mad, mad enough to vote for him. That is the story.

And now I am confused... So you think I was aware of the vote count and aware that my vote would put Galz over the top, but didn't care that others would view it as a derphammer, but you also think I hammered accidentally... which one is it?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 13, 2012, 10:07:24 pm »

No, I think it was intentional. When I wrote "I don't like that you hammered accidentally" I meant "I don't like this idea that you hammered accidentally." If it were true it would be bad town play, and I don't think you're a bad town player, so you must be scum.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 13, 2012, 10:14:35 pm »

Vote: jotheonah

Not voting is dumb, he has felt off to me from the beginning and really seems to want to make this yuma lynch happen which I don't like. I really hope I'm right about yuma now though.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 13, 2012, 10:29:19 pm »

I'm not in love with the yuma lynch, and if you have another case to present, by all means. So far, Volt's case on yuma is the only case I've seen that's based on hard evidence. That seems preferable to distrusting wagons just for being wagons or voting based on a gut read you refuse to explain. I am not loving this playstyle from you, Eevee.

He/him

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 13, 2012, 10:30:48 pm »

No, I think it was intentional. When I wrote "I don't like that you hammered accidentally" I meant "I don't like this idea that you hammered accidentally." If it were true it would be bad town play, and I don't think you're a bad town player, so you must be scum.

Ok... so basically what I am getting from you is this:

Either yuma is 1. mafia who made a "bad" play with a "derphammer," but didn't care because it meant that he was going to lynch a SK/PR and didn't care that it might mean he gets heat the next day

or 2. yuma is town who made a "bad" town play.

And you think that scenario 1 is more likely than scenario 2?

I guess I am ok with this logic. It is wrong, but if this is your train of thought I understand it.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 13, 2012, 10:31:37 pm »

Not voting is dumb, he has felt off to me from the beginning and really seems to want to make this yuma lynch happen which I don't like. I really hope I'm right about yuma now though.

Hedge much?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 13, 2012, 10:32:53 pm »

Hedge much?

that isn't a hedge...

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 13, 2012, 10:33:49 pm »

Hedge much?

that isn't a hedge...

It isn't a hedge if Eevee knows for sure you are town, I guess.  But "I really hope I'm right about yuma now" is clearly hedging.  Eevee can be like "look at this old post, I was second guessing myself" see?  Hedging.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 13, 2012, 10:35:50 pm »

Nah, it's just that my "case" against Joth is partially based on yuma being town. So if I'm wrong about yuma, then my joth-vote is pretty much random shooting.

@joth
I call them as I see them. I'd need to do a reread to build a proper case. Which I might one of these days if I get an energy boost. It's nice we are actively talking this long before the deadline though, good job people.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 13, 2012, 10:36:18 pm »

Hedge much?

that isn't a hedge...

It isn't a hedge if Eevee knows for sure you are town, I guess.  But "I really hope I'm right about yuma now" is clearly hedging.  Eevee can be like "look at this old post, I was second guessing myself" see?  Hedging.

man... no one does that... No one ever goes back and does this. and if they do they get called out about it then. Calling it out now... that just discourages open discussions and putting their thoughts out there.

If eevee is town, he doesn't know whether I am town or not. He had better hope I am town... and I don't fault him for saying so.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: November 13, 2012, 11:08:06 pm »

Hedge much?

that isn't a hedge...

man... no one does that... No one ever goes back and does this. and if they do they get called out about it then. Calling it out now... that just discourages open discussions and putting their thoughts out there.

If eevee is town, he doesn't know whether I am town or not. He had better hope I am town... and I don't fault him for saying so.

Dont worry, I have never been afraid to put my thoughts out there!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 14, 2012, 12:32:07 am »

Hedge much?

that isn't a hedge...

That's a fine belief to have, I guess, but then why do we discuss hedging at all?  This isn't the first time the topic has come up in mafia games on f.ds.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 14, 2012, 02:09:52 pm »

Bump?

Can we get a vote count up in here?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XV - Day 1 - Spec QT available w/mini game
« Reply #423 on: November 14, 2012, 02:11:41 pm »

There was one on PAGE 16 (and since all that has happened is eevee voting)

Vote Count 2-2

Captain_Frisk (1) - QVist
Jotheonah (1) - Axxle, Eevee
Ashersky (1) - yuma
yuma (3) - Voltgloss, jotheonah, TheMunch
Eevee (1) - Captain_Frisk

Not Voting (1) - ashersky

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch

"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 14, 2012, 02:16:17 pm »

I see you are on, Axxle.  Any further thoughts since your reread last night?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 20 queries.