Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 36 [All]

Author Topic: Dominion Live Streams  (Read 144874 times)

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3793
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
Dominion Live Streams
« on: January 29, 2014, 08:21:51 am »
+10

The purpose of this thread is to give people a way to get notified when someone is going to live-stream Dominion. If you're going to stream or you plan to stream at a certain point, post it here to let your adoring fans know about it so they can come watch!

Here's the Twitch Dominion Online page You can visit it or follow it to be notified whenever someone is streaming Dominion (you can only get E-mail/text notifications for individual channels, but this page is a quick reference for people who are streaming Dominion at any particular moment). Be advised that if you're streaming, you won't show up on there unless you set what you're playing to "Dominion Online".

Also, you may want to check out the Tournaments board and sub-boards -- usually they have their own specific threads like this one for people who stream their tournament matches.

If you want to get started streaming Dominion (or making your own videos), check out the resources thread for useful links on how to get started with the software that's right for you.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 02:51:12 pm by AdamH »
I respond to PMs.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
Re: Dominion Live Streams
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 08:50:38 am »
+2

Why would I want to watch a Dominion live stream?

Well, why do you want to watch Dominion videos? There are several reasons for this that are also shared by watching live streams:

- You want to learn how to play the game: so you understand the mechanics and how to play Dominion, but how do you play effectively? what kind of decisions are the things you should be thinking about when you approach a particular game of Dominion? Seeing a deck function and watching a game from a different perspective can provide a perspective that's very helpful for understanding basic strategy and familiarizing yourself with how kingdom cards can interact and be used in many unique ways.

- You want to get better at the game: usually the people streaming are very high-level players who have some experience communicating their strategy to their viewers. It's no secret that watching these players build their decks, while understanding the thought process that goes into it and the reasons for non-trivial tactical and strategic decisions will help you think about and understand lots of aspects of Dominion. The most extreme case of this is watching recorded tournament matches, when top-level players are completely focused on maximizing their chances of winning in a competitive environment, particularly high-profile tournaments like the DS Championships or GokoDom.

Does watching videos actually help you get better at Dominion? of course it does!

- You enjoy the commentary/they're fun to watch: there are several different styles of commentary that go along with each individual who is making videos. Yes, the commentary can often be insightful, but it can also be entertaining to watch at the same time.

- You feel like watching rather than playing: for some people, playing a game of Dominion can require intense focus and can be mentally (even emotionally) taxing. Sometimes you'd rather just let someone else take the driver's seat and see what they can do with it. Sometimes you're eating your dinner or doing something else with your hands and you'd like something else going on in the background to capture some of your attention.

These are reasons why you would want to watch recorded videos of Dominion games, and it's true that watching live streams of Dominion fits all of these reasons as well. In fact, it's possible to watch archived videos of live streams and get all these benefits. But what does live streaming offer that's so far unique to the world of Dominion videos?

- Tournament matches: people watch football matches live all the time and they love it, there's something about knowing that anything could still happen because the game literally hasn't been decided. You're supporting your favorite team, etc. Many people will be streaming their tournament matches, and for games with something actually on the line, watching a live stream of it is a way to be a part of the action.

- Interaction through chat: ever watch a video and see the player make a decision that you didn't understand? Sure, you can post a comment and they'll (hopefully) get back to you eventually, but with live streaming you can have instant feedback, either from the streamer or from other people in the chat, and you can have a dialog with them until everything is clear. For some people, chat is the main reason they show up to the streams, even if they hardly know anything about the game being played, just so they can be part of a type of "community".

- The stream can be tailored for the wants of those watching: ever watch a video and wish the player would explain things in more detail? Ever wish they would shut up and just play faster? Ever wish they would explain certain specific things in more detail, such as rationale for their decisions? In a video, you get what you get, but if people in the chat want to hear a specific type of commentary, all they have to do is ask the streamer and it will be done. Live streams can be a highly customized way of bringing Dominion to lots of different audiences.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 02:02:08 pm by AdamH »
I respond to PMs.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4355
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 05:34:49 pm »
+1

Going to start a stream in the next couple minutes.

SirD

• Bishop
  • Life is supposed to be fun
  • Respect: +55
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 08:19:46 am »
+3

I'll be starting my weekly Tuesday night stream in... like... now.

Why can't there be Tuesday twice or thrice a week...
Greetings,
SirDagen

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 08:52:34 am »

I'll be starting my weekly Tuesday night stream in... like... now.

Why can't there be Tuesday twice or thrice a week...

I wish there was. I stream as much as I can but unfortunately this week the stars just aren't aligning :-\ Hopefully next week I'll be able to do a couple more streams on top of Tuesday...
I respond to PMs.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1074
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 12:53:14 pm »

Would it be possible to have a thread where you guys post with some advance notice when you plan on streaming? Or has this become that thread?
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 12:56:08 pm »

I was hoping this would be that thread. I post here before I stream as soon as I know, but unfortunately most of the time (not Tuesdays) I don't have much advance notice, it's like "Oh, I have some time now. I'll stream."
I respond to PMs.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4280
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 01:15:36 pm »

I post in here (and delete the posts when finished, otherwise the thread would just get silly).  The thing is, I can't schedule streams far in advance because I don't always know when I'll be able to.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 01:16:48 pm »

I post in here (and delete the posts when finished, otherwise the thread would just get silly).  The thing is, I can't schedule streams far in advance because I don't always know when I'll be able to.

Ooh, hey, that's a good idea. I should do that too  :)
I respond to PMs.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 01:41:45 pm »

I understand, I meant more like a day in advance or something if possible but it's not a big deal. Life happens, I understand that. I love your videos by the way!

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 04:10:12 pm »

The thing is, I can't schedule streams far in advance because I don't always know when I'll be able to.

This.

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +346
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 01:20:33 pm »
+1

i'm planning to start streaming Hitting Five Live with Flies in about an hour!  (link when it becomes available)
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3238
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2014, 01:40:03 pm »
+1

i'm planning to start streaming Hitting Five Live with Flies in about an hour!  (link when it becomes available)

I salute you.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

flies

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2014, 02:39:40 pm »

Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.

flies

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2014, 02:44:30 pm »

having connectivity issues...

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4018
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2014, 02:45:19 pm »

having connectivity issues...

Ah, I wondered. And you might want to zoom in the browser window, but video quality is excellent.

flies

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2014, 04:55:00 pm »

looks like i failed to set it to record.  too bad cuz I don't really know what the video looked like.  I'll probably use a different streamer next time, on Hitting Five Live with Flies.

amalloy

• Witch
  • Respect: +619
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2014, 04:35:29 am »
+3

I just watched your Possession comeback game and noticed something I thought was interesting. Around 20:00, you were seeding his hand with one bad card by using Courtyard, but with all his excess draw+actions+vaults, you had perfect control over his shuffle. At the instant I linked, you could discard 5 copper, Estate, and Province for 7 coins, then play another Vault and discard another junk card. Now his discard pile is just 10 junk cards, and his deck is two cards. Play a Catacombs, discarding whatever you reveal, and you trigger a shuffle with only bad cards in it! Top it off by playing a Courtyard, and you'll leave him with a 6-card deck of junk, so he's guaranteed a useless turn. After his useless turn he'll reshuffle, and be ripe for Possession once again. Then you can build or green at your leisure: his deck is so good he'll almost never have a dud on hands where you possess him, and you can guarantee he'll never get a good turn of his own.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 04:37:35 am by amalloy »

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2014, 06:27:36 am »

I just watched your Possession comeback game and noticed something I thought was interesting. Around 20:00, you were seeding his hand with one bad card by using Courtyard, but with all his excess draw+actions+vaults, you had perfect control over his shuffle. At the instant I linked, you could discard 5 copper, Estate, and Province for 7 coins, then play another Vault and discard another junk card. Now his discard pile is just 10 junk cards, and his deck is two cards. Play a Catacombs, discarding whatever you reveal, and you trigger a shuffle with only bad cards in it! Top it off by playing a Courtyard, and you'll leave him with a 6-card deck of junk, so he's guaranteed a useless turn. After his useless turn he'll reshuffle, and be ripe for Possession once again. Then you can build or green at your leisure: his deck is so good he'll almost never have a dud on hands where you possess him, and you can guarantee he'll never get a good turn of his own.

Yeah, I wondered while playing, but I was kind of nervous and couldn't think clearly. I saw it in the rewatch that I could have timed it better. This was a crazy game though and I recommend everybody to watch it. One of the craziest I ever had. I should link it in the best moments thread.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2014, 01:10:23 pm »
+2

So I was thinking about stuff, and flies' catchy name for his stream is really, really, super-good. I kind of want to make a catchy name for my live streaming channel stuff. Man, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?

For me, how about "Making my own shuffle luck" or "Trashing Coppers" or "ABCD with Adam", the possibilities are endless!
I respond to PMs.

flies

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2014, 12:46:43 pm »
+1

Adam the Alchemist/Apothecary/Apprentice/Adventurer/Advisor/Ambassador or Adam's Armory/Altar or what have you

Adam and the Dominion serpent in the Garden of Eden (wow that's a mouthful, really want the adam and eve thing to work but I don' think so)

was going to suggest "AdamH dominionates" cuz of the rhyme, but... well, see below.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2014, 12:54:55 pm »

Mmm, out of those I like Adam the Advisor the best. It would be nice if there was something that worked well with my name (that's where I was going with "ABCD with Adam" but that one isn't very good). I also like making my own shuffle luck. This is hard!
I respond to PMs.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2014, 01:41:49 pm »
+2

"Adaominion"

flies

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2014, 01:55:46 pm »
+1

I also like making my own shuffle luck.
I like that too.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2183
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2014, 02:21:34 pm »

Adam the Alchemist/Apothecary/Apprentice/Adventurer/Advisor/Ambassador or Adam's Armory/Altar or what have you

Adam and the Dominion serpent in the Garden of Eden (wow that's a mouthful, really want the adam and eve thing to work but I don' think so)

was going to suggest "AdamH dominionates" cuz of the rhyme, but... well, see below.
"Adam in the Eve-ning" is the best I can come up with so far with Eve in there.

How about "AdamH's Garden in the Shade"?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 02:30:02 pm by markusin »

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2014, 02:40:05 pm »

Adam plays Dominion?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (ī。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +11071
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2014, 02:41:26 pm »
+1

Adam plays Dominion?
Yeah, he does. You didn't know?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The Twitch channel where I stream DominionThe YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's albums for free

amalloy

• Witch
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2014, 02:44:55 pm »
+2

I don't think you need a clever name. "Dominion with Adam" will get you some new viewers who were looking for Dominion, because it says what it is. If I happened upon a link to "Hitting five live with flies", I would skip it because it sounds like fly fishing or something. And the people who already know about your stream don't need a clever name to draw them back in.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2014, 03:27:44 pm »

Well now it's all complicated  :P I'll give it some more thought I guess.

...but in other news, if Goko and Twitch will allow it, Qvist and I will be streaming momentarily  :)

http://www.twitch.tv/adamhorton
http://www.twitch.tv/davqvist
I respond to PMs.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2014, 03:53:42 pm »

Adam plays Dominion?

Wait... do you play Dominion too?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (ī。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2014, 04:02:34 pm »
+1

Adam plays Dominion?

Wait... do you play Dominion too?
No, I wait, as you told me to do.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The Twitch channel where I stream DominionThe YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's albums for free

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2014, 04:08:14 pm »

shraeye

• Minion
  • Respect: +272
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2014, 06:37:48 am »
+1

neato

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2014, 04:47:07 pm »

I think I'm going to try to stream this afternoon if nothing comes up (something roughly on the order of 9 hours from the time I post this).

Going live in the next couple of minutes.

Unfortunately your stream is blocked again here in Germany. :(

Ponton

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2014, 05:22:35 pm »

Qvist, try http://www.unblocker.yt/. I'm using it right now and can watch the stream. I'm also from Germany. The only problem is I can't comment on Youtube right now.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2014, 05:11:26 pm »

Going live

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2014, 08:24:40 am »
+1

1. My normal Tuesday stream this week will be on Monday (tonight), I'll post here again before going live.

2. My GokoDom match will be at 2PM on Tuesday, I'll probably just post in the GokoDom streaming thread for that one.
I respond to PMs.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1371
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2014, 11:13:12 am »
+1

1. My normal Tuesday stream this week will be on Monday (tonight), I'll post here again before going live.

2. My GokoDom match will be at 2PM on Tuesday, I'll probably just post in the GokoDom streaming thread for that one.

I'll try to watch the stream tonight a bit. watching deathwing was fun, made we want to tune in for more people's streams.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2014, 08:27:15 pm »

I respond to PMs.

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1744
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2014, 08:28:23 pm »

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2014, 10:26:28 pm »

I respond to PMs.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2014, 11:57:14 pm »

My Tuesday night stream this week will be my tournament match for this week of GokoDom, and it will start at 9PM instead of 8PM. Hope to see you there!

I respond to PMs.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2014, 12:55:18 pm »

I'm planning to stream Saturday afternoon if everything goes well.
I respond to PMs.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2014, 12:57:31 pm »

I think I'll stream for a bit

I respond to PMs.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2014, 04:31:36 pm »

Looks like me and Marin are going to play our Gokodom match in about 20-30 minutes. If I can figure out how to stream on Twitch before that, I will actually stream it!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2014, 04:33:10 pm »

Oh, uh, this is my channel, I think: http://www.twitch.tv/robz888

??

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2014, 04:34:17 pm »
+1

Okay first question: How do I make it go online?

Remember: Explain it as you would to a small child.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2014, 04:34:47 pm »

Oh, I have to download something, yes?

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2014, 04:35:26 pm »
+2

Get this: https://obsproject.com/

I'll edit this post with more instructions, but you might as well download it and play around first.

First thing you need to do is get your Twitch Key.  Log in to Twitch and go to the Dashboard (it's on the black sidebar on the left).  Go to the "Stream Key" column.  In OBS, you will need this.

After installing, open OBS and go to Settings.  Every now and then, the menus may tell you to change a setting for Twitch to work correctly.  Do the things it asks.

- Under Encoding, I suggest changing Max Bitrate to half of the default (should be 500 then).
- Broadcast Settings.  Mode: Live Stream, service: justin/twitch, Server: pick the one closest to you, Stream key: paste in the key you got earlier.  Check Auto Reconnect. In the save file options, only save files if you plan to edit them.  (If you want to download them later, Twitch will back them up if you go to Dashboard-> Recorded and set it to.)
- Video: I'd go with 30 FPS. 
- Audio: Make sure it's using the correct microphone

Now, once you have tweaked the settings, you need to create a scene.  First, open Goko and start a game with bots so you'll have a reference point. 
- In the main OBS window, go to "Global Sources."   Add a new Window Capture.
- Inner/Entire window doesn't seem to matter for me but might for you.
- Check to capture mouse cursor.
- Check sub region, then click on 'select region' and try to get the full play area in that.  You need to have your Goko window maximized to do this correctly, and you can drag and drop the sides.  Alternatively, manually enter the dimensions of the box.

After you do all that, try to Preview the Stream and see if the preview looks good.  Then, try "Start Streaming and check your twitch window.  I suggest muting it. 

If you have problems getting OBS to keep your settings, try "Run as Administrator" on the program.  That works for me.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 04:44:44 pm by jsh357 »
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2014, 04:39:04 pm »

Okay I found the key and am downloading stuff

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2014, 04:46:02 pm »

I will leave your twitch window open to respond if it ever pops up.  Good luck.  If there are issues, we can try and hammer them out.  I should probably make a tutorial for this.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2014, 04:48:22 pm »

I think I did everything right, although I probably didn't.

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +570
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2014, 04:48:37 pm »

http://skyride.org/2013/09/obs-streaming-tutorial/ - it's quite long, but search for "delay" and it shows how to do it with OBS.
You should also set delay 2 min.

EDIT: only for GokoDom
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 04:50:11 pm by yed »

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2014, 04:51:47 pm »

Hmm. I can't get my computer's camera to turn on. Might be an issue...

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2014, 04:52:05 pm »
+1

It says I have no video adapter.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2014, 05:00:22 pm »

Okay it's hopeless but maybe in the future!

amalloy

• Witch
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2014, 07:27:04 pm »

Okay first question: How do I make it go online?

Remember: Explain it as you would to a small child.

You need to download some broadcasting software: OBS is popular, free, and sufficient. Once that's installed, Twitch has a very detailed set of instructions for setting up OBS. A lot of it is not really necessary, but if you're totally clueless you can probably follow each step and be up and streaming at the end of it. For "quick start", I'd say to just skip to Broadcast Settings, do all that stuff, and then go to Window Capture to see how to select what part of your screen to stream. The rest of the settings have defaults that are probably viable, so that might be all you need. If it doesn't work yet, go back through the sections related to whatever's not working.

Edit: Okay apparently I missed all of page 3 of this thread when posting this. So it looks like you may not need all this information, but hopefully it helps you, or someone, anyway.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 07:28:26 pm by amalloy »

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2014, 12:51:40 am »
+1

I/we should put together a thread with information about how to stream/record/edit videos for those people wanting to get into it. Maybe a link to OBS, CamStudio for Windows, other software that people like to use that's free and people can use to get started. Links to tutorials on how to use them? Then maybe get it stickied? Or maybe a wiki article is better for this?

If I get some time I'll try to put some information together on this. It's really awesome that more and more people are wanting to stream their tournament matches so this could be very useful.
I respond to PMs.

RTT

• Minion
  • Respect: +548
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2014, 06:23:00 am »

iīm gonna do a little bit of streaming right now to get more familiar with it. If anyone wants to play me message me.
http://www.twitch.tv/rtt_29

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2014, 08:14:04 pm »

I'm going to start my weekly Dominion stream shortly

I respond to PMs.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2014, 11:28:19 pm »
+1

If I get some time I'll try to put some information together on this. It's really awesome that more and more people are wanting to stream their tournament matches so this could be very useful.

Here's an outline of all of the references I want to give for this:

----------------------------

Video recording software
CamStudio (for Windows, I don't know of any free recording software for Linux)
   video tutorial
      Don't worry about codecs, it will almost certainly work right away
      Gives you a lot of flexibility on audio inputs and such
Will likely not require any editing for most of your video recording needs

Streaming software
Open Broadcasting Software (OBS)
   You can also use this to save videos instead of (or in addition to) streaming them if you want
   OBS text tutorial for Windows
   OBS text tutorial for Linux
   OBS video tutorial for Windows
      I've never had trouble with my stream key like this guy has
The only setting you should use that isn't what Twitch prefers is to uncheck "Use CBR" -- if not you're going to get terrible lag on lots of things, including Goko (it's not Goko's fault, don't worry)
Twitch allows cropping ("highlighting") videos, and can upload directly to YouTube.
Twitch doesn't save your past broadcasts by default, you'll want to enable this on your account.

Video editing software
Windows Movie Maker (comes with Windows)
   v2.6 for Vista/Win7
   video tutorial
CamTasia Studio
   Costs money to use, but there's a 30-day free trial. CamTasia is more powerful if Windows Movie Maker isn't doing what you want (like split-screen videos, most notably)
   Comes with its own video capture software as well, which is quite nice.

----------------------------

EDIT 2: The only thing I think this outline is lacking is some kind of tutorial for Mac users. I'm going to be completely useless here so if anyone else has good resources to add to this, let me know here and I'll update this outline and all of the places it ends up.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 01:48:32 pm by AdamH »
I respond to PMs.

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1742
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2014, 02:29:24 pm »

Does anyone know of a good option to stream from Linux (Ubuntu specifically)?

amalloy

• Witch
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2014, 02:35:19 pm »
+1

No, but https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/how-to-stream-on-linux.4594/ and http://www.maartenbaert.be/simplescreenrecorder/ look like they might be viable? http://www.creativetux.com/2012/11/streaming-to-twitchtv-with-linux.html looks similar to one of those, so it's sorta corroborating evidence that it might actually work.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2014, 02:36:20 pm »
+1

https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/how-to-stream-on-linux.4594/

ragingduckd

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +3525
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2014, 02:56:43 pm »
+3

AdamH, could I persuade you to create and maintain a brief version of the information here for the online resources sticky thread?
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2014, 04:01:25 pm »

AdamH, could I persuade you to create and maintain a brief version of the information here for the online resources sticky thread?

Sure, whatever seems useful. I had envisioned a separate sticky thread at the top of this forum (like what this post will become when I finish it) but if it's better there instead of linked-to-from-there then I'll do that.

My goal is to finish it this weekend by making an OBS tutorial video. I mean I'm not that good with OBS myself so it might not be the best but ya know...
I respond to PMs.

flies

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2014, 05:12:04 pm »

planning to stream in an hour or so.  http://www.twitch.tv/Flies1

flies

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2014, 05:36:13 pm »

or right now.  need techinical feedback if it's not working!

edit: technical difficulties. restarting...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 05:42:53 pm by flies »

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2014, 10:40:17 am »

streaming a bit with MarkowKette and whoever wants to join

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2014, 07:23:06 pm »
+1

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2014, 02:19:56 pm »
+1

It was fun yesterday. Here we go again...

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2014, 01:48:14 pm »

It was fun yesterday. Here we go again...

I demand all of you stop streaming exactly when I can't watch. It's starting to feel like it's intentional.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2014, 08:29:44 pm »

I'm going live for my normal Tuesday night stream. Finally it's just a regular stream instead of being my tournament match or cancelled or moved or something!  ;D

I respond to PMs.

RTT

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2014, 09:19:45 am »

some streaming on saturday ;)

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2014, 08:33:16 pm »

Starting my Tuesday night stream:

I respond to PMs.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1273
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2014, 04:33:04 pm »
+1

Joining the party.  Live now

http://www.twitch.tv/the_number_e
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2014, 01:04:44 pm »

Still having troubles and trying to figure out the optimal settings, but I'm going to play for a little bit. Let's hope the quality isn't that bad.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2014, 07:35:38 pm »

Going live for my weekly stream:

I respond to PMs.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +552
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2014, 06:43:38 am »
+1

Let's jump on the bandwagon, coz why not?

Planning to broadcast some Dominion around 2000 UK Time tomorrow (30 hours, 20 minutes from this message, 1500 Eastern time, 1200 Pacific time, I believe), should be a good experience. Looking for opponent(s), PM me if interested. I'm not the best (5000 Goko rating, 23ish on Isotropish rating), but think it'll be fun to stream some games, get told my strategies are rubbish etc..

EDIT: Put some trial running games against Lord Bottington on there (http://www.twitch.tv/joseph2302), am aware of the fact you can't see the province/duchy/estate piles in the first 2 games, it's sorted now :)

EDIT 2: I know I type loudly, can't help it, sorry. Also, currently using my laptop's own microphone, but getting a headset soon, so should be better.

EDIT 3: Decided to postpone til I get a headset in a couple of days.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 06:58:17 pm by Joseph2302 »
Mafia Stats:
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2014, 12:36:35 pm »

Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2014, 03:44:35 pm »

Is anyone using twitch on linux? I am not happy with the quality of my hangout/youtube streaming.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2420
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2014, 07:09:18 pm »

Looked into it a little bit, and Open Broadcaster Software doesn't have a Linux version. There's a guide at https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/how-to-stream-on-linux.4594/ which may help?
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2014, 12:44:53 pm »

I've followed the guide and was able to use a program to record a video of my screen and my voice, but when followed the instructions to play that on twitch, it did not play anything for some reason (although it said it was receiving). I will try some more from a better computer later. In the meantime, I will continue to stream using hangout, at least it is something.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2014, 04:05:36 pm »

I'm doing my usual Tuesday Dominion stream a little early today, partially because I have plans, and partially because jsh and AI are playing their tournament match tonight and I want to watch that.

So anyways, I'm going live now.

I respond to PMs.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2014, 06:40:24 pm »

Hi, I'm going to stream some Dominion now (http://www.twitch.tv/joseph2302), probably for an hour tops. Looking for people to play, PM me if interested?
Mafia Stats:

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2014, 01:44:51 pm »

I think I'll stream for a little bit

I respond to PMs.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2014, 04:15:44 pm »

I'm going to be streaming. Looking for people to play (will start streaming once I find opponent)

EDIT: Streaming in about an hour instead, opponents needed :)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 04:19:54 pm by Joseph2302 »
Mafia Stats:

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3211
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2014, 04:25:09 pm »

Joseph2302 is streaming now! And I'm playing him!

And he doesn't know how to sound!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 04:38:29 pm by Tables »
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.
I hereby declare myself the best dominion player in the world. Obviously.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2014, 05:27:51 pm »

Looking for players..
Mafia Stats:

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2014, 01:13:31 pm »
+1

Going to stream again tonight, 10PM UK time (4 hours from this message being posted). If you're interested in playing, please PM on here, or come find me on Twitch (http://www.twitch.tv/joseph2302).

EDIT: Going online now.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 04:51:28 pm by Joseph2302 »
Mafia Stats:

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2014, 05:22:55 pm »

Going to stream again tonight, 10PM UK time (4 hours from this message being posted). If you're interested in playing, please PM on here, or come find me on Twitch (http://www.twitch.tv/joseph2302).

EDIT: Going online now.
Mafia Stats:

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2014, 07:10:40 pm »
+1

Going to stream a bit myself.  I want to play some 3 player games in case I need to in the future for reasons.

http://www.twitch.tv/jsh357

Edit: Kind of a bust, I think for 3 player it's probably better to plan times in advance since arranging matches is so difficult.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 08:00:24 pm by jsh357 »

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2014, 11:18:36 am »

Going to stream a bit myself.  I want to play some 3 player games in case I need to in the future for reasons.

Edit: Kind of a bust, I think for 3 player it's probably better to plan times in advance since arranging matches is so difficult.

Id be interested to play some 3 player games. But yeah, arranging the time would be easier.

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1744
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2014, 11:56:40 am »

Id be interested to play some 3 player games. But yeah, arranging the time would be easier.

Same here.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +673
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2014, 04:04:44 pm »

Same here.

Pm me if you need a third player. I can't promise I can make it, but I like 3p.

SirD

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2014, 08:35:52 am »

I want to play some 3 player games in case I need to in the future for reasons.

Dear jsh,

I really liked your 3 player stream. I find it wonderful that somebody puts the focus on 3 player Dominion. Great stream.

I would also play. It's great fun.
Greetings,
SirDagen

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2014, 02:37:48 pm »

I am going to play for a little while with anyone interested. 

I am also willing to do 3 player games, so just PM me here or comment at my channel if you want to try to play a 3 player match. 

amalloy

• Witch
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2014, 09:46:51 pm »

I'm going to stream a set with my occasional sparring partner Temron, at around 7:30 Pacific time tonight - that's 45 minutes from now.

Edit: Just starting. http://twitch.tv/amalloy

Edit: Stream concluded, archive at http://www.twitch.tv/amalloy/b/528069401.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 02:06:31 am by amalloy »

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2014, 12:29:54 pm »

Streaming tonight, 10PM UK (4.5 hours from this message). Going to be last stream for a while (have exams coming up), opponents welcome :) http://www.twitch.tv/joseph2302

Going live in a minute :)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 04:46:58 pm by Joseph2302 »
Mafia Stats:

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7120
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2014, 05:36:06 pm »
+2

I'll be test streaming a bit as well: http://www.twitch.tv/shecantsayno

I'd appreciate any and all feedback in the chat about video and audio quality. I'm starting out with a bitrate of 3500, which is supposed to be at the higher end, so let me know if anyone experiences trouble.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (ī。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2014, 06:15:03 pm »

I'll be test streaming a bit as well: http://www.twitch.tv/shecantsayno

I'd appreciate any and all feedback in the chat about video and audio quality. I'm starting out with a bitrate of 3500, which is supposed to be at the higher end, so let me know if anyone experiences trouble.
:o You don't sound like I had imagined.

Works well for me and I have a mobile connection in the middle of nowhere.

hvb

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +154
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2014, 01:53:32 am »
+5

I am planning to stream my Dominion League games and will try to get familiar with twitch. So i will make my first stream. All players are welcome to join me in outpost. Going live now

http://www.twitch.tv/hvboedefeld

SirD

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2014, 05:17:06 am »
+1

Greetings,
SirDagen

hvb

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2014, 05:29:22 am »

Good morning. What wonderful news. But no past broadcasts of you? :(

http://www.twitch.tv/hvboedefeld/profile/pastBroadcasts

Haven`t figured out how to record the stream. Probably i will make at least one other stream the next days and will take care that i know how to do it til then.

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2014, 05:31:09 am »
+2

Good morning. What wonderful news. But no past broadcasts of you? :(

http://www.twitch.tv/hvboedefeld/profile/pastBroadcasts

Haven`t figured out how to record the stream. Probably i will make at least one other stream the next days and will take care that i know how to do it til then.
I think it is some Twitch option, you need to enable.

lespeutere

• 2012 German Champion
  • Respect: +389
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2014, 06:49:11 am »
+1

I'm so sad our ugly possession caused estate slog is not saved for eternity.  ::)

hvb

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2014, 07:12:26 am »

I'm so sad our ugly possession caused estate slog is not saved for eternity.  ::)

Me too  :'(   But hey, i build the deck again in the deck builder and we can play it once a week for endless fun. Every Sunday 6 pm sounds fine for me. I suggest streaming it, so we can share our luck and enrich the world with those games
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 07:16:35 am by hvb »

SirD

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2014, 08:52:06 am »

Me too  :'(   But hey, i build the deck again in the deck builder and we can play it once a week for endless fun. Every Sunday 6 pm sounds fine for me. I suggest streaming it, so we can share our luck and enrich the world with those games

I am so happy that I am not the only one who sometimes writes strange posts (without intending to).
Greetings,
SirDagen

hvb

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2014, 09:23:45 am »
+2

I am so happy that I am not the only one who sometimes writes strange posts (without intending to).

That wasnt strange. Thats normal  ;)

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2014, 05:28:07 pm »
+1

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2014, 08:59:21 pm »

I respond to PMs.

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2014, 05:20:01 am »
+5

Direct links to my two streams so far, for whoever missed them (shame on you!):

Stream I
Stream II

I'm particularly pleased with my play and commentary in Stream II, although it's pretty embarrassing how in the first game I noticed E's Navigator only half-way through the game even though he had opened with it (my excuse is that I was still settling down and distracted by setting up the stream).

There's an even more ridiculous moment in the Intro to Stream I (restarted to lower the bitrate), where I'm talking about how I'm opening Potion/Black Market while I actually open Potion/Forager, and then say I'm getting a 2nd Black Market while it's actually my first. I obviously agree with my actions and not with my words, so I'm at least glad that my play isn't affected by the nonsense I sprout :D

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2014, 08:07:39 am »

Ooh! Second stream! I'll watch that today!

It's difficult to give good commentary and I've just accepted that the times when I misspeak and say ridiculous things will be there and I try to laugh at them. Just wait until you have the chat to interact with :P
I respond to PMs.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2014, 10:08:02 am »
+1

Live now:

running into some technical difficulties.  will try to be back up shortly

back up
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 11:10:30 am by 2.71828..... »

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2014, 02:42:21 pm »

Going to do some streaming later, starting between 2230 and 2300 UK (1800 EDT, 1500 PDT, about 3 hours from this message). http://www.twitch.tv/joseph2302
Mafia Stats:

SirD

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2014, 04:13:07 pm »

Live now:

running into some technical difficulties.  will try to be back up shortly

back up

Dear e,

I do love your stream, but there still is some technical problem. On the "Past Broadcasts" page there are many short clips from your single broadcasts and even the long 1:58:12 video has already two dropouts in the first Goons game where the video suddenly jumps ahead and something is missing:

http://www.twitch.tv/the_number_e/profile/pastBroadcasts

Since I do not stream myself I cannot help you with this.
Greetings,
SirDagen

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4197
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2014, 05:13:57 pm »
+1

I am going to try and stream for a little bit at:

http://www.twitch.tv/mic_qsenoch/

No promises on quality of video/commentary/play. My internet connection can be quite unreliable, so it may cut out suddenly. Please let me know if the video is watchable.

edit: I've stopped momentarily, by request of my opponent.

edit2: I've resumed
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 05:26:47 pm by Mic Qsenoch »

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 17, 2014, 05:58:23 pm »

Going to do some streaming later, starting between 2230 and 2300 UK (1800 EDT, 1500 PDT, about 3 hours from this message). http://www.twitch.tv/joseph2302

Streaming now (if anyone wants to watch) :)
Mafia Stats:

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +862
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2014, 07:42:37 am »
+1

Direct links to my two streams so far, for whoever missed them (shame on you!):

Stream I
Stream II

I'm particularly pleased with my play and commentary in Stream II, although it's pretty embarrassing how in the first game I noticed E's Navigator only half-way through the game even though he had opened with it (my excuse is that I was still settling down and distracted by setting up the stream).

There's an even more ridiculous moment in the Intro to Stream I (restarted to lower the bitrate), where I'm talking about how I'm opening Potion/Black Market while I actually open Potion/Forager, and then say I'm getting a 2nd Black Market while it's actually my first. I obviously agree with my actions and not with my words, so I'm at least glad that my play isn't affected by the nonsense I sprout :D
Wow, that last game of the first stream was amazing. Both streams were fun to watch, I'll definitely be watching if you stream more in the future.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2014, 04:45:43 am »
+1

I will be streaming my first (and in my opinion, most important) Dominion League match tonight:

Joseph2302 vs Tables (my friend/frenemy/ex-housemate) from Dominion League D6, starting at 2000 UK Time (1500EDT, 1200PDT). twitch.tv/Joseph2302 as usual, hope to see people there :)

On another note, I also made a new topic in the Dominion League thread for Dominion League streaming:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=11140.new#new

EDIT: This match is no longer happening, Tables has major internet troubles and has withdrawn from the tournament :( might still do some streaming at a similar time (8-9ish), just not Dominion League.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 10:42:22 am by Joseph2302 »
Mafia Stats:

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2014, 02:33:52 pm »
+1

Joseph and I are going to play anyway, even though it won't be a tournament match. Place your bets on how many games we finish before my internet forces a disconnect! (I'm going to say 1..)
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Co0kieL0rd

• Minion
  • Respect: +839
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2014, 04:36:15 am »

HELP!

Under my Stream I video it says:

This video is marked for deletion. It will be deleted soon.

It was also hidden from public view, though I just unhid it. Can someone please tell me what's going on and how I prevent its deletion? I don't think I made any changes and I definitely didn't delete it myself.

I don't know what's going on with Twitch, but my computer crashed two times during watching your stream records. When I watch live streams, it's fine - so perhaps there is a problem specifially with this record? If your other videos aren't marked for deletion this might be the explanation. But as I said, I have no idea about Twitch.
Check out my fan cards!
Dominion: Seasons - a small set Asper and I made that revolves around a unique and original mechanic
Roots and Renewal - this set is about interacting with the Supply and manipulating your opening turns
Flash cards - trying out a new concept

amalloy

• Witch
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #122 on: May 20, 2014, 04:42:46 am »

HELP!

Under my Stream I video it says:

This video is marked for deletion. It will be deleted soon.

It was also hidden from public view, though I just unhid it. Can someone please tell me what's going on and how I prevent its deletion? I don't think I made any changes and I definitely didn't delete it myself.

I don't know what's going on with Twitch, but my computer crashed two times during watching your stream records. When I watch live streams, it's fine - so perhaps there is a problem specifially with this record? If your other videos aren't marked for deletion this might be the explanation. But as I said, I have no idea about Twitch.

I can't find the post where scsn asked about this question, buthttp://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/questions/608311-why-i-am-losing-my-old-videos-has some suggestions. My understanding is Twitch encourages you to make shorter "highlight" videos, eg one for each game rather than a whole match in one video. I don't think they ever delete highlights, so that would be one way to rescue a video pending deletion.

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 20, 2014, 04:55:52 am »
+1

I deleted the post because shortly after making it I found out that I could just save it myself by selecting "save forever" under the video. Apparently videos that you just archive will get deleted after a week or so unless you deliberately save them.

kipkoan

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 20, 2014, 09:37:44 pm »

EPIC MATCH tonight at 7pm PDT (UTC-7).  kylar (iso rank # 185) and kipkoan (iso rank # 380).  Don't miss these two up-and-coming Dominion pros!  The stream will be here:  http://www.twitch.tv/kipkoan

(Seriously, though... if anybody would like to watch and give us constructive criticism, that would be much appreciated.)

kipkoan

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 20, 2014, 10:01:05 pm »

kylar & I are starting our League, division D2 battle NOW!!   ;D

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2420
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 21, 2014, 04:14:09 am »

I'm not sure if there exists a Dominion audience at 1 AM Pacific time, since I think this corresponds to late morning for European players, but I'm going to stream for a bit (no mic, whatever music I feel like.)

http://www.twitch.tv/titandrake

Edit: After some pretty embarrassing play, I've probably stayed up long enough.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 05:22:20 am by Titandrake »
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 21, 2014, 01:27:24 pm »
+1

Going to test a streaming method w/soulnet shortly.  Won't be long, but any feedback on it appreciated:

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 21, 2014, 02:33:47 pm »

Going to test a streaming method w/soulnet shortly.  Won't be long, but any feedback on it appreciated:

Please post the link to the recorded video whenever you can. I want to see how it worked.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #129 on: May 21, 2014, 02:36:48 pm »
+1

Please post the link to the recorded video whenever you can. I want to see how it worked.

http://www.twitch.tv/jsh357/b/530857414
I respond to PMs.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 21, 2014, 02:52:12 pm »

I wasn't a fan of this while recording it, but I do think it actually works well while watching it now that I've listened to it.  The only real improvement that I'd go for is making both players' hands visible, but it would require the opponent also having a twitch account working, which might not always be feasible.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #131 on: May 21, 2014, 02:52:22 pm »
+1

Twitter.

So I guess a bunch of speedrunners use Twitter as a way to alert people to when they're streaming. I guess this is really popular since you can have Twitter groups or something that people can just subscribe to if they want to know when people are streaming a particular game. Like, I dunno, Dominion.

As you can tell, I'm not familiar with Twitter at all. I don't have an account.

But this does sound more elegant than using a thread here on the forums, and I know a lot of people don't like to use Twitch's built-in following notification thing because it doesn't work a lot of the time. I think we can use it to post notifications of when we'll stream in the future, as well as when we're going live (much like the threads do here)

Is this a good idea? Should we do this? Will it actually work the way I think it will? I mean, a lot more people are starting to stream now and we may be outgrowing these forum threads. I'd really like to find ways to expand the audience we reach with our streams, now that there's a decent and refined amount of content out there.
I respond to PMs.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 21, 2014, 03:00:41 pm »
+1

I hate Twitter but I do use it constantly.  I brought up this idea once and it was met with 'what is this Twitter?' by the community.  This kind of thing IS the perfect use of Twitter, though.

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 21, 2014, 05:51:59 pm »
+3

I don't like the idea to be forced into Twitter or Facebook. Thos guys are evil and social networks are annoying with all their noise. I would not mind to have some info mirrored, of course, but that seems to miss the point. Maybe a shared calendar? That seems to go more to the point. And keep the thread for extra discussion or something.

amalloy

• Witch
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #134 on: May 21, 2014, 10:00:31 pm »
+1

Twitter.

So I guess a bunch of speedrunners use Twitter as a way to alert people to when they're streaming. I guess this is really popular since you can have Twitter groups or something that people can just subscribe to if they want to know when people are streaming a particular game. Like, I dunno, Dominion.

As you can tell, I'm not familiar with Twitter at all. I don't have an account.

But this does sound more elegant than using a thread here on the forums, and I know a lot of people don't like to use Twitch's built-in following notification thing because it doesn't work a lot of the time. I think we can use it to post notifications of when we'll stream in the future, as well as when we're going live (much like the threads do here)

Is this a good idea? Should we do this? Will it actually work the way I think it will? I mean, a lot more people are starting to stream now and we may be outgrowing these forum threads. I'd really like to find ways to expand the audience we reach with our streams, now that there's a decent and refined amount of content out there.

I'd be happy to have a more robust notification mechanism than these forums, but not twitter. Email is the only "push notification" I let into my life; I'm not going to keep up with a twitter feed so that I can avoid missing a stream. I'm just following the users I care about on Twitch, for just-in-time notifications; it's nice to hear ahead of time via a forum thread, but if I miss it, oh well.

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2014, 09:50:22 am »

Maybe there are public calendars that can set up email or twitter alerts? That way, each person can have his or her choice of alert and also check it out "manually" if he or she prefers.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #136 on: May 22, 2014, 09:59:00 am »

If something like this were possible, I'd certainly prefer it to Twitter. I don't have any desire to sign up for Twitter or to use it, I only suggested it because I know it's in use by other people.

Ideally, subscribers could choose how they're notified (E-mail, text message, tweet? I dunno), including the ability to only be notified when certain streamers post. Also, there would be some mechanism for an administrator to control who gets to post there. I don't know where to start looking for things like this.
I respond to PMs.

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 22, 2014, 02:35:20 pm »

If every streamer creates his own thread in this forum and posts whenever he's going online, you can get e-mail notifications by using the "Notify" option (located at the top right of a thread). I do post each time I'm going live (a post I'll remove afterwards to avoid cluttering), so by all means sign up :)

The only issue is that you'll get some false positives if someone else posts in the thread, but I don't think that's a big concern. In case people feel that it is, we could solve this by creating a "Streaming Notification" subforum with threads exclusively dedicated to these notifications. I'd be happy to moderate that forum in case that would be a concern.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 02:38:26 pm by SheCantSayNo »

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #138 on: May 22, 2014, 02:40:27 pm »

It would be really great if signing up for the forums (or Twitch) was not a prerequisite for getting the notifications -- just enter your information (E-mail) into a form or something. For a single person, you can always follow their channel and get notified (though Twitch is not exactly the best at having their notification system work).
I respond to PMs.

hvb

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 22, 2014, 05:07:10 pm »

going to stream a bit. unfortunately my microphone broke. so not sure if the laptop-micro works. go live now

http://www.twitch.tv/hvboedefeld

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 23, 2014, 10:05:27 am »

http://www.livestream.com/eevertti

After some technical difficulties, I'm attempting to stream my match with emeric, happening right now.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 30, 2014, 05:03:29 pm »

Will be doing some late tonight, starting around 2230 UK (6.5 hours from this message), just for fun (not Dominion League) :)

Doing this, will be starting at 2230 :) twitch.tv/joseph2302
Mafia Stats:

amalloy

• Witch
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #142 on: May 31, 2014, 05:47:36 pm »

Gonna be playing against WW in a minute here, just for fun after my league match. Both of us are streaming, but not on skype. He's at http://www.twitch.tv/wanderingwinder, and I'm http://www.twitch.tv/amalloy/

Edit: Stream over. You can see the whole stream from my point of view at http://www.twitch.tv/amalloy/b/534146684, or highlights of each game:

It looks like he kept streaming for a fair while after me and either hasn't had time to make highlights or doesn't plan to, but you can see the whole set from his perspective here: http://www.twitch.tv/wanderingwinder/b/534146194
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 09:05:26 pm by amalloy »

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 01, 2014, 01:46:14 pm »
+1

I am going to attempt to stream some games starting now.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 06, 2014, 11:19:47 am »

Streaming now, twitch.tv/joseph2302.
Mafia Stats:

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 06, 2014, 05:18:51 pm »

Not sure if best stream ever or worst stream ever. Feel free to watch it to hear Joe and I at each other's throats in pretty much the same way we are IRL.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 11, 2014, 03:37:47 pm »

Going to play some Dominion now.  Feel free to come and watch

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 11, 2014, 07:18:11 pm »

Mafia Stats:

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 13, 2014, 11:06:51 am »

Since my League match was cancelled, I am going to stream some random games for a bit. Going live now.

twitch.tv/mic_qsenoch

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 15, 2014, 12:43:12 pm »

streaming D-level league play, starting at 1pm (20 minutes); http://www.twitch.tv/shraeye

shraeye vs. rspeer

Pause in the action...will get back to it later.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 03:47:25 pm by shraeye »

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 15, 2014, 08:05:24 pm »

And here's the second half.  http://www.twitch.tv/shraeye/b/538836139

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2014, 04:01:49 pm »

I'm bored, so streaming some Dominion now. twitch.tv/Joseph2302.
EDIT: Ended, Goko was too slow.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 04:56:16 pm by Joseph2302 »
Mafia Stats:

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 16, 2014, 04:40:10 pm »

Streaming League match vs liopoil tomorrow at 10am US-EST.

amalloy

• Witch
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #153 on: June 25, 2014, 12:58:40 am »
+1

Probably most of the forum is asleep at this hour given my timezone, but I figured I might as well stream for a bit. The league season is over, but I don't need to let that make me stop streaming. This'll just be a casual session, and if anyone wants to play me you're welcome too.

www.twitch.tv/amalloy

Edit: stream over. Looks like I had some internet connectivity problems which split the stream up into two, but the two streams are available at http://www.twitch.tv/amalloy/b/541626845 and http://www.twitch.tv/amalloy/b/541633287
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 03:05:22 am by amalloy »

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 25, 2014, 05:14:46 am »

Probably most of the forum is asleep at this hour given my timezone, but I figured I might as well stream for a bit. The league season is over, but I don't need to let that make me stop streaming. This'll just be a casual session, and if anyone wants to play me you're welcome too.

I'm going to do some streaming too in about an hour (1115 UK), all of the above is also true for me :)

EDIT: On now.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 06:15:15 am by Joseph2302 »
Mafia Stats:

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 25, 2014, 07:44:36 am »
+1

wrapping up some League play with game #4 against jerni; going live in just a bit

www.twitch.tv/shraeye

all done, highlights will be up in a bit.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 08:24:01 am by shraeye »

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 05:09:00 pm by 2.71828..... »

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 12, 2014, 01:06:55 pm »
+2

WanderingWinder just started streaming in case anyone is interested.

http://www.twitch.tv/wanderingwinder

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #158 on: July 28, 2014, 09:48:29 pm »

I think I'll stream for a bit. Going live now.

I respond to PMs.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #159 on: August 17, 2014, 04:59:43 pm »

Looks like I have some time, let's play some Dominion!

I respond to PMs.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 26, 2014, 12:42:10 pm »

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #161 on: August 26, 2014, 05:42:44 pm »
+1

I respond to PMs.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 28, 2014, 03:44:13 pm »
+2

Streaming some Prince games

RTT

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 29, 2014, 05:34:23 am »

Streaming my first Prince Games

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #164 on: August 29, 2014, 07:46:40 pm »

After failing at Hearthstone, let's play some Prince games!

I respond to PMs.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 11, 2014, 11:00:35 pm »
+2

Twistedarcher just informed me he is one spot above me on the iso leaderboard, which is of course unacceptable so we are playing some games now to show him who's the man.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 11:02:53 pm by Eevee »

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 13, 2014, 07:09:47 am »

Thursdays mission of passing TA turned out to be an utter failure. I'll do a short stream again, hopefully with better success. If anyone wants to play, pm me or tell me in the livestream chat!

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 13, 2014, 02:09:07 pm »

League match against AHoppy!  Going live in just a tick.  This'll be our third match together, so it's like a rivalry or something (past results favor AHoppy)

www.twitch.tv/shraeye

EDIT: league stream over for now, but we're still just playing around in multiplayer.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 05:01:34 pm by shraeye »

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #168 on: September 15, 2014, 09:31:26 pm »

I feel like streaming.

I respond to PMs.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #169 on: September 21, 2014, 06:40:11 pm »

Yeah I have some time, let's stream Dominion!

I respond to PMs.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 27, 2014, 11:08:30 am »

Haven't done this in a while.  Seems like as good a time as any to stream some dominion though.

i think i have some tecnical issues.  bear with me

Ok, I don't think the stream will work, but I will record the games and put them up on youtube later.  You can try to watch, but I think there will be some pretty bad buffering for the stream
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 11:32:37 am by 2.71828..... »

SirD

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 27, 2014, 01:04:46 pm »

Oh boy, that is a shame. I do love your streams. Hope you had a good match. See you.
Greetings,
SirDagen

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #172 on: September 29, 2014, 10:04:48 pm »

Streaming for a little bit. Megan wants to play Dominion. I don't think you want to miss this...

I respond to PMs.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #173 on: October 10, 2014, 06:30:47 pm »
+2

Streamin is fun, yeah? Let's do that!

I respond to PMs.

azadin

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 11, 2014, 11:12:05 am »
+1

So I decided to start streaming myself! I am not at nearly the level of play as most of the streamers here, but maybe people could come and hang out and help me get better!

http://twitch.tv/mazadin

Streaming for a little while today.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 13, 2014, 06:01:07 pm »

After getting through a couple bugs earlier i think i am up and running.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #176 on: October 14, 2014, 07:59:48 pm »

I'll stream a bit before bed tonight

I respond to PMs.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 16, 2014, 10:28:42 pm »

Hey, feeling like streaming.

www.livestream.com/eevertti

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 25, 2014, 05:50:38 am »

Seems like a good time to stream, so I will. In about 30-45 minutes :) twitch.tv/Joseph2302.

EDIT: ended
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 07:32:20 am by Joseph2302 »
Mafia Stats:

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #179 on: October 26, 2014, 02:17:09 pm »
+1

How about some Dominion with Assemble Meme?

I respond to PMs.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (ī。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: October 27, 2014, 03:58:12 pm »

Going live for my match against Fergesser in a minute.

http://www.twitch.tv/awaclus_

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 30, 2014, 07:34:22 pm »
+2

Polk and I will be playing some IGG games at 24:00 UTC, about half an hour from now.

http://www.twitch.tv/mic_qsenoch/
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 07:58:08 pm by Mic Qsenoch »

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1879
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 30, 2014, 07:42:35 pm »
+1

Polk and I will be playing some IGG games at 24:00 UTC, about half an hour from now.

htttp://www.twitch.tv/mic_qsenoch

Typo in the url, FYI.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 31, 2014, 12:44:15 pm »

Got some spare time, so could do some streaming, does anyone want to play some games (in the next 3 hours)?

Streaming now with Hugovj.

EDIT: Finished.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 03:05:02 pm by Joseph2302 »
Mafia Stats:

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 02, 2014, 02:15:46 pm »

www.livestream.com/eevertti Streaming time! If anyone wants to play with me on the stream, pm me or let me know in the chat.

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hugovj
  • DFTBA
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 04, 2014, 09:12:57 am »
+2

I'll stream tonight around 7:30 PM CET (6:30 PM UTC, 1:30 PM Eastern), if anyone wants to play, send me a PM. This will be my first one, so do comment on the overall quality ;)

www.twitch.tv/hugovj

EDIT: I'll play Joseph2302 :)

EDIT2: Going live!

EDIT3: Ended.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 03:29:19 pm by Hugovj »

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 06, 2014, 08:01:35 pm »

Mic's match is live

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (ī。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 08, 2014, 10:21:58 am »

Going live for my match against Burning Skull, link in my signature.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2472
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 08, 2014, 11:18:39 am »

Mic_Qsenoch and I will be playing a for fun match this Friday, at 5pm EST, with watchtower in every kingdom! We will both be streaming.

www.twitch.tv/mic_qsenoch
www.twitch.tv/liopoil
http://www.multitwitch.tv/mic_qsenoch/liopoil

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (ī。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 10, 2014, 07:45:53 am »

Playing some Dominion just for fun and streaming because why not. http://www.twitch.tv/awaclus_

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #190 on: November 11, 2014, 08:45:51 pm »
+1

Hey how's about a little streaming, eh?

I respond to PMs.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (ī。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 12, 2014, 02:57:13 pm »

Going live for my match against Meguchan.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (ī。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 13, 2014, 09:41:50 am »

Playing some Dominion just for fun and streaming because why not. http://www.twitch.tv/awaclus_

Doing this again.

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +527
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 15, 2014, 04:34:35 pm »

I'm going to try my hand at streaming for the first time tomorrow (Sunday) at 1:30 forum time.  I will be streaming my Forum Survivor Dominion match against Eevee.  He has to win 2 games and I have to win 3.  It's going to get intense.  Also, advice is always welcome, but I don't think my school's internet likes the chat system on twitch much, so I'm not sure I'll be able to hear from the viewers at all :(  anyway, here's the stream
http://www.twitch.tv/ahoppy

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Prepare to be boarded!
  • Respect: +9236
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 15, 2014, 07:57:35 pm »

Okay - I'm planning on streaming as soon as I figure out how to.  Let's say 10ish minutes?  8:10 EST?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1006
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 15, 2014, 08:00:00 pm »

Okay - I'm planning on streaming as soon as I figure out how to.  Let's say 10ish minutes?  8:10 EST?
Aw, dangit, I was going to start soon.
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
  • Respect: +109
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 15, 2014, 08:05:00 pm »

what better way to start both your streams then to have a battle! winner takes all! best of 348 matches to make sure we know who is better.

For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Prepare to be boarded!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 15, 2014, 08:05:11 pm »

Aw, dangit, I was going to start soon.

Sorry!  And I forgot, channel is http://www.twitch.tv/werothegreat
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Prepare to be boarded!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 15, 2014, 08:14:42 pm »

And I'm live!  Going to awkwardly look at chat while playing.

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 15, 2014, 08:15:08 pm »

Eh, I guess I'll wait until later tonight. I have an assignment that I need to do anyway. I'll pop in on your stream though (and I might just play you if you take low level players).
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Prepare to be boarded!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 15, 2014, 08:49:58 pm »

And apparently my sound was distorted and weird.  Any ideas on how I can get rid of that?

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 15, 2014, 08:57:45 pm »

TwitchYouTubeMusic

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Prepare to be boarded!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 15, 2014, 09:49:00 pm »

I think it's fixed now... going to do one more stream now!  Probably play one or two games, depending on how long they go.

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 15, 2014, 10:05:59 pm »

I guess it's my turn then?
Well, uh, my sound decided to not work. I have no idea why - Xsplit was picking it up just fine, so something was happening between my capture and Twitch.

TwitchYouTubeMusic

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 16, 2014, 01:48:13 pm »

Streaming my match against Ahoppy for the survivor game, live now. He has had some connection/goko issues, but hopefully it'll work.
www.livestream.com/eevertti

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 16, 2014, 01:48:49 pm »

Well I was streaming and goko froze on me.  I think it might have something to do with my computer/streaming settings since it's never frozen that bad before.  Sorry for whoever was watching

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 16, 2014, 02:18:07 pm »

Stream is back online for game 2

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 16, 2014, 02:27:06 pm »

If anyone is watching, can you confirm if my stream is working? it appears to have frozen and I can't check the chat

SirD

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 16, 2014, 02:55:57 pm »

Greetings,
SirDagen

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 16, 2014, 06:27:55 pm »

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Prepare to be boarded!
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: November 16, 2014, 09:36:57 pm »

Starting my stream now!  www.twitch.tv/werothegreat

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 16, 2014, 10:13:24 pm »
+2

« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 10:18:12 pm by Elanchana »

TwitchYouTubeMusic

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 17, 2014, 07:18:09 pm »

Streaming my match vs theblankman

SirD

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 18, 2014, 05:38:53 am »

Streaming my match vs theblankman

Did twitch change something? I cannot find the stream(s) recorded. It's only this 30 second bit:

http://www.twitch.tv/jsh357/profile/past_broadcasts
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 05:40:25 am by SirD »
Greetings,
SirDagen

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #214 on: November 18, 2014, 06:00:36 pm »
+2

I respond to PMs.

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 19, 2014, 03:52:27 pm »

TwitchYouTubeMusic

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 21, 2014, 05:05:49 pm »

Me again! I'm live right now for some laid-back games with Snute.

TwitchYouTubeMusic

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 21, 2014, 07:52:37 pm »
+1

Don't forget the 5-player games, and IWB revealing their true identity. Would thoroughly recommend watching this stream.
Mafia Stats:

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • DFTBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 22, 2014, 05:20:49 am »
+1

Don't forget the 5-player games, and IWB revealing their true identity. Would thoroughly recommend watching this stream.

Also, Hovel is the new party place, and a lot of trolling. And bad Dominion. It's pretty awesome.

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 22, 2014, 08:25:27 am »

Also, Hovel is the new party place, and a lot of trolling. And bad Dominion. It's pretty awesome.
Shut up, everyone knows I was the worst player there and I was even trying to be good.

TwitchYouTubeMusic

theblankman

• Tactician
  • Respect: +369
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 22, 2014, 02:41:02 pm »
+2

Shut up, everyone knows I was the worst player there and I was even trying to be good.
We were playing five-player games with swingy attacks and Masquerade.  Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good :)
it's a shame that full-random is the de facto standard

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 22, 2014, 03:08:57 pm »

We were playing five-player games with swingy attacks and Masquerade.  Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good :)
I guess you didn't catch my epic fail in the last game of that stream then.

TwitchYouTubeMusic

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 22, 2014, 03:17:22 pm »

I'm looking to play some Dominion, if you guys wanted to stream a bit

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • DFTBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 22, 2014, 03:20:08 pm »

Does it include 5-player games?

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 22, 2014, 03:25:00 pm »

If that's what you're streaming, I'm game

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • DFTBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: November 22, 2014, 03:26:51 pm »

Maybe later tonight, I'm busy with the League ^^

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 22, 2014, 04:21:02 pm »

I'd be up for it in about an hour-ish.

TwitchYouTubeMusic

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • DFTBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 22, 2014, 04:34:49 pm »

So, I'll start streaming, now.

www.twitch.com/hugovj

If Ahoppy, Ela or anybody else wants to play, great

Rabid

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Rabid
  • Respect: +628
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 22, 2014, 04:39:35 pm »

So, I'll start streaming, now.

www.twitch.com/hugovj

If Ahoppy, Ela or anybody else wants to play, great

Typo in link?
http://www.twitch.tv/hugovj
Twitch
1 Day Cup #1:Ednever

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Prepare to be boarded!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 23, 2014, 03:40:41 pm »

I'm going to stream at 4 - http://www.twitch.tv/werothegreat
Anyone who wants to play me, feel free to post here, we'll set something up!

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 23, 2014, 03:49:17 pm »

I could play 1 game at 4, I might even be able to stream it too

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (ī。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 23, 2014, 03:57:26 pm »

I might want to play some games, depending on when "at 4" is.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Prepare to be boarded!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 23, 2014, 04:02:30 pm »

"4" means now.  I'm currently in Outpost.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 23, 2014, 04:04:14 pm »

Huh.  I don't see you there.  But my stream is
http://www.twitch.tv/ahoppy

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Prepare to be boarded!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 23, 2014, 04:58:57 pm »

I'm apparently still having audio trouble and it's starting to irk me.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 23, 2014, 05:08:34 pm »

I actually was able to fix my audio looping.  You have to mute twitch so that it doesn't feed back into your streamed audio.  Still can't figure out why my video pauses.  My bet is my computer is too crappy

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • DFTBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 24, 2014, 04:33:16 pm »

So, more streaming from Ela vs. me!

www.twitch.tv/elatalkstoherself for all the live hot action!

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • DFTBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 30, 2014, 03:55:05 pm »

And yes, even moaaar streaming from Ela vs. me! It'll be crazy! Be there. In about thirty minutes, www.twitch.tv/hugovj

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • DFTBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 01, 2014, 04:45:51 pm »

So, more awesomeness happening at www.twitch.tv/elatalkstoherself

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1763
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 02, 2014, 07:10:31 am »

Hangover! Emptiness! Despair! Missed job!
Let's stream some dominion!

Going live in about twenty minutes.
www.twitch.tv/burningskull88

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Prepare to be boarded!
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: December 03, 2014, 04:32:52 pm »
+1

Hangover! Emptiness! Despair! Missed job!
Let's stream some dominion!

Going live in about twenty minutes.
www.twitch.tv/burningskull88

We should do a game together sometime.  Practice my по-русски.  Sometime after the next two weeks, though.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #241 on: December 04, 2014, 02:24:00 pm »
+1

Going live with the Season 4 Dominion League Champion match now!

I respond to PMs.

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • DFTBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 04, 2014, 05:03:49 pm »
+1

Crazy afterparty with Stef, Ela and me! Come and join at twitch.tv/elatalkstoherself

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • DFTBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 06, 2014, 05:56:21 pm »

MOAR STREAMING! Happening live at www.twitch.tv/elatalkstoherself

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • DFTBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 07, 2014, 02:47:39 pm »

And, why not? More streaming! www.twitch.tv/hugovj

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 07, 2014, 09:20:55 pm »

TwitchYouTubeMusic

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 08, 2014, 08:45:33 am »

Streaming for fun for an hour or so.

twitch.tv/Joseph2302

EDIT: Internet went down, so stream ended.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 09:31:34 am by Joseph2302 »
Mafia Stats:

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 09, 2014, 12:04:36 am »

TwitchYouTubeMusic

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They can't all be the best personal text ever
  • Respect: +1932
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 11, 2014, 09:11:07 pm »

Just some streaming

Edit: might be a League Match actually
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 09:19:59 pm by A Drowned Kernel »
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

twitch.tv/a_drowned_kernel

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
    • View Profile

TwitchYouTubeMusic

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1763
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 14, 2014, 08:50:57 am »

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 19, 2014, 06:31:50 am »

I'm bored, so going to stream.

twitch.tv/Joseph2302
Mafia Stats:

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 19, 2014, 05:46:09 pm »

TwitchYouTubeMusic

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Seprix
  • luck is a glitch
  • Respect: +3365
    • View Profile
    • The Border Village
« Reply #253 on: December 22, 2014, 12:30:40 am »

www.twitch.tv/Seprix

Streaming live now.
WOWIE I GUESS I HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING AROUND HERE
Join Dominion Discord

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 28, 2014, 09:58:18 pm »

Going Live

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • luck is a glitch
    • View Profile
    • The Border Village
« Reply #255 on: December 28, 2014, 10:03:43 pm »

Going Live

No link for where you're going live? Is it Twitch? Is it YouTube?
Join Dominion Discord

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #256 on: December 28, 2014, 10:45:32 pm »

I respond to PMs.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 28, 2014, 10:48:18 pm »

Going Live

No link for where you're going live? Is it Twitch? Is it YouTube?
Sorry, it was twitch.

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 28, 2014, 11:28:23 pm »

TwitchYouTubeMusic

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 29, 2014, 09:55:33 am »

Going live at http://www.twitch.tv/wanderingwinder/ in about 1 hour from this post for a league match with Adam.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • luck is a glitch
    • View Profile
    • The Border Village
« Reply #260 on: December 30, 2014, 12:30:04 am »

Join Dominion Discord

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #261 on: December 30, 2014, 05:02:02 pm »

Let's stream for a bit:

I respond to PMs.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • luck is a glitch
    • View Profile
    • The Border Village
« Reply #262 on: December 30, 2014, 11:49:29 pm »

Join Dominion Discord

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 31, 2014, 12:49:53 pm »

TwitchYouTubeMusic

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • DFTBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 31, 2014, 07:53:52 pm »

Streams on New Year's Day? Sure.
twitch.tv/hugovj

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 01, 2015, 10:07:34 pm »

Remember when I said I would get all the cards on New Year's Day? Well, aside from the ones that I have to adventure grind for, I have! Theme boards go global - watch now!

TwitchYouTubeMusic

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 03, 2015, 08:10:19 pm »

Does anyone know if it's possible to watch twitch streams (or past broadcasts specifically) from ipad?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (ī。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 03, 2015, 08:45:20 pm »

Does anyone know if it's possible to watch twitch streams (or past broadcasts specifically) from ipad?

I'm pretty sure someone knows.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 03, 2015, 08:51:53 pm »

Would anyone tell me if I can watch twitch streams from my ipad, and if so, how?

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #269 on: January 03, 2015, 10:31:11 pm »

Would anyone tell me if I can watch twitch streams from my ipad, and if so, how?

I've never used and iPad, so I can't be sure, but my suggestion is just to to go their Twitch page in a web browser and see if it works. Sorry I can't be more useful.  :-\
I respond to PMs.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • luck is a glitch
    • View Profile
    • The Border Village
« Reply #270 on: January 03, 2015, 11:39:00 pm »

Twitch app, yo.
Join Dominion Discord

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 04, 2015, 06:42:26 am »

Neither the site or the app work. :(

edit: for me, don't know if that's by design or something on my end.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 06:51:48 am by Eevee »

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 04, 2015, 05:57:50 pm »

Neither the site or the app work. :(

edit: for me, don't know if that's by design or something on my end.
I use Android Twitch app.
It works for online streams but it is not possible to replay older stream with it.

Also I am unable to watch SCSN's stream on my Android phone's Twitch App, but that i probably because of his big resolution / frame rate. Other Dominion streams work fine.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 06:00:04 pm by yed »

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 04, 2015, 09:09:33 pm »

Streaming now. And I give my solemn promise to be happy, fun, and 100% breakdown free. ;D

TwitchYouTubeMusic

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (ī。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 05, 2015, 12:00:27 pm »

Going live

EDIT: going live now

EDIT: no longer live, Internet connection doesn't work well enough to stream
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 12:18:00 pm by Awaclus »

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 06, 2015, 09:15:58 pm »

TwitchYouTubeMusic

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • luck is a glitch
    • View Profile
    • The Border Village
« Reply #276 on: January 07, 2015, 10:40:23 pm »

I'll play people tonight in a Dominion Deathmatch! 5 games, first to 3 wins.

Tonight at 11 PM EST.

That's 20 minutes from now.

www.twitch.tv/seprixinc
Join Dominion Discord

flies

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #277 on: January 08, 2015, 01:08:35 pm »

There'll be another episode of Hitting Five Live With Flies this saturday around 2PM EST.  I'd love to have some skype/google hangout action during the stream, so if you're interested, you can PM me or contact me via G+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/+GeorgeLocke/posts

(Re the long, long gap since my last stream/youtube activity, my microphone setup got disrupted after I did a cross-state move, and it's fixed now.  huzzah!)

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 08, 2015, 02:27:34 pm »

TwitchYouTubeMusic

flies

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #279 on: January 10, 2015, 11:00:40 am »

this is just a reminder that Hitting Five is Going Live in 3 hrs.

flies

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #280 on: January 10, 2015, 02:03:41 pm »

goko's not letting me log in to my account... help? plz?

flies

• Minion