Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 75  All

Author Topic: Mafia XV - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS  (Read 161769 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XV - Day 3 - Spec QT available w/mini game
« Reply #1600 on: December 03, 2012, 05:00:21 pm »

Translation:

oh god my argument that frisk's plan wasn't "lynch yuma if axxle flips town" is completely refuted by the evidence.  and my argument that i wasn't agreeing to frisk's plan is completely refuted by the evidence also.  maybe if i ignore the evidence, don't respond, and attack volt instead, then no one will listen to volt or the evidence

Your "responses" have convinced me you are Qvist's scumpartner.  We are done talking, man.

I await Frisk's evaluation.  If Frisk has questions for me, I'll respond.  As I think yuma is town, I'll also respond to his (yuma's) questions.  There is no reason for me to respond to your - or Qvist's - "questions" as all you are trying to accomplish therewith is to push yuma or Frisk to vote for my lynch.

There, in your fake translation.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: December 03, 2012, 05:02:26 pm »

Well CRUD I mistyped, argh!

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: December 03, 2012, 05:02:37 pm »

I clearly meant Qvist.  Man.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: December 03, 2012, 05:04:07 pm »

The argument stands 100%, just with Qvist's name substituted in for yuma's.  But if Frisk or yuma reject my argument now because I mistyped yuma's name for Qvist's name, I'm going to be really pissed at myself.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: December 03, 2012, 05:06:56 pm »

Well CRUD I mistyped, argh!

Mistyped?  Yuma is 4 letters, Qvist is five.  They share exactly zero letters in common.  The first letter are at different locations on the keyboard.  Mistyped is not valid.  Messed up your lie?  Yes, that's a valid excuse.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: December 03, 2012, 05:09:39 pm »

Man, I was thinking one name and typed another.  Tell me you've never done that in your life.

Or, y'know, seize on it and parade it around as "evidence" that I'm "scum," as good scum should do.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: December 03, 2012, 05:13:43 pm »

Ugh, this is ridiculous, terrible, and embarrassing.  Inb4 comparisons to frisk's "0% chance of flipping town."  Even worse because (1) the supposed "slip" doesn't even make any sense as a sentence, and (2) I'm freakin' town!

Frisk, yuma, if one of you wrongly decide that I'm scum because of this "slip," well, I will blame the town's loss solely on myself.  Blargh.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: December 03, 2012, 05:27:44 pm »

Borrowing a friend's phone to write this after seeing this conversation in my email so I won't be able to do a quick response. First during today I have given some thought to this that

a. ash is confirmed scum to me due to not enough vts...
b. that ash and jot (both confirmed scum to me were on my wagon) along with volt whose alignment I do not know.
c. for volt to be scum that would require all three scum to have been on my wagon at the start w/o any preplanning as volt joined in mid day 2.
d. And that for volt to be scum he would have had to express scum suspicion and cases onto both axxle and qvist (frisk already brought up this point)
e. as such I think it highly unlikely at this juncture for volt to be scum
f. this corresponds to my own personal scum reads before the cop claims came out.
g. at this point I am willing to vote for qvist but would willingly change my vote to ash if qvist did as well. In fact I prefer an ash lynch and will now vote himvote: ashersky

volt I do not believe your mistake was a slip. Instead I believe that ash's behavior is evidence if caught, frustrated and despairing town.  I'll see you all tonight.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: December 03, 2012, 06:33:00 pm »

I hope we're all right, yuma. Vote: ashersky

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: December 03, 2012, 06:47:20 pm »

Much as I appreciate scum!Qvist voting for the person who I think is most likely his partner, I am NOT about to drop a hammer while Frisk is on V/LA.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: December 03, 2012, 06:52:55 pm »

Much as I appreciate scum!Qvist voting for the person who I think is most likely his partner, I am NOT about to drop a hammer while Frisk is on V/LA.

Yeah, I forgot that CF is V/LA. So we just have to wait.
But this reads still like an excuse of someone who is afraid to do the hammer on his partner.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: December 03, 2012, 06:59:50 pm »

Of course you'd say that, scum!Qvist.

I have to keep in mind that the only person who I know with 100% certainty to be scum, is Qvist.  I think ash is scum, and I feel very confident about that; but I - and Frisk - and "ash" (if he is town) - felt very confident about Axxle yesterday as well, and we were wrong. 

There is a chance that Qvist just tried to tempt me into hammering ash because his scummate is actually yuma, and mine and ash's fightin' reads against each other are misguided town v. misguided town.  I don't think it's likely, but it's possible.

I await Frisk's analysis upon his arrival, as he's the only person in this town I can 100% trust besides myself.  We have plenty of time, even if it means this turns out to be a slow week.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: December 03, 2012, 07:45:16 pm »

I was about to be suspicious that ash hadn't responded to my post, but turns out he logged out of the forum exactly one minute before I posted it...

But sure, wait for Frisk.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: December 03, 2012, 08:13:30 pm »

I was about to be suspicious that ash hadn't responded to my post, but turns out he logged out of the forum exactly one minute before I posted it...

But sure, wait for Frisk.

Have been away from the computer, and will continue to.  I think we need to take out the fake cop, because I think he's the cop switch.  Then Qvist can read me or Yuma and ensure the win tomorrow

Vote: Voltgloss, as I will be away for awhile again.  And now we await Frisk, which is the pro-town thing to do.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: December 03, 2012, 08:16:20 pm »

was just thinking about this because town needs to lynch twice to win. We need to prepare for tomorrow...

Because of this it would be better to lynch the cop today (unfortunately I don't know which claim is true...) because if we lynch the mafia claim then the cop tomorrow can potentially investigate and be sure about their read (for example, he can investigate either me or ash and be sure that which ever he investigates is scum or town) for the win.

I have to stake the game on this, because if we lynch non-claim tomorrow we are back in a tricky situation tomorrow.

vote: Qvist

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: December 03, 2012, 08:18:45 pm »

Ninjad by ash...

But!

this post further shows that I am right about him and about Qvist.  Because ash is staking the game on us mislynching volt.

Because if he is bussing volt here the game is over for scum because cop Qvist would be able to use the cop powers to investigate and know for sure who is town and who is scum.

Yeah, I vote Qvist and will not be deviating from that.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: December 03, 2012, 08:34:17 pm »

Ninjad by ash...

But!

this post further shows that I am right about him and about Qvist.  Because ash is staking the game on us mislynching volt.

Because if he is bussing volt here the game is over for scum because cop Qvist would be able to use the cop powers to investigate and know for sure who is town and who is scum.

Yeah, I vote Qvist and will not be deviating from that.

Except Qvist voted me, so if he's bussing me, doesn't the same hold true?  If he is scum and I am scum, killing each other loses the game, since Volt cop finds the right person, right?  Scum volt is banking on the Qvist mislynch, and you are helping him, as his scum partner.  That's why you are not willing to vote for Volt, your partner, even though in your theory, Qvist is ready to vote for his.

As it is, we agree on what has to happen, which is lynch the fake cop and let the real cop investigate either of us to clear one.

Looks like it is up to Frisk.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: December 03, 2012, 08:37:46 pm »

No....

If we lynch you, and you are scum, we are left with me (town) tomorrow not knowing which of the two cops to believe.

You will be dead. Frisk will be NK. And I will have to choose between Qvist and Volt. So I guess I am making that decision now.

But if we lynch the fake cop today (I think Qvist), town has a surefire win because there will be a cop investigating either me or you, Frisk again is likely to be NK. The cop will know both of our alignments and will vote accordingly, I will vote for you and you will die and then town will win. Simple.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: December 03, 2012, 08:39:23 pm »

wait... I am dumb... frisk might not be the nk... the cop likely will.... sorry.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: December 03, 2012, 08:45:49 pm »

wait... I am dumb... frisk might not be the nk... the cop likely will.... sorry.

Your entire theory is correct, just replace your name with mine.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: December 03, 2012, 08:47:10 pm »

Gah!

I was really excited since I thought we were likely to have this down pat. Now I see that it will take a bit more. So I guess from my point of view either today or tomorrow I am going to have to make an educated guess and the other I will be 100% sure.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: December 03, 2012, 09:30:06 pm »

Ok

So first:

I'm sorry.  I should have seen that munch / joth needed to be doctor, and thus lyching one guaranteed the doctor kill.  I had kindof forgotten somehow that the other 2 had claimed VT.  I still think that Axxle was kindof scummy in his response, and I probably would have wanted to kill him anyway.

Second: FOS everyone else for not noticing it / calling it out either.  Volt - this looks especially bad for you.

I will not be voting while I"m on V/LA

Qvist / Volt

Please analyze asher and yuma.  Who do you think is the most likely scum and why?

Asher / Yuma.  Obviously you both think the other is scum.  Tell me why you think the other is lying.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: December 03, 2012, 09:34:34 pm »

Ok

So first:

I'm sorry.  I should have seen that munch / joth needed to be doctor, and thus lyching one guaranteed the doctor kill.  I had kindof forgotten somehow that the other 2 had claimed VT.  I still think that Axxle was kindof scummy in his response, and I probably would have wanted to kill him anyway.

Second: FOS everyone else for not noticing it / calling it out either.  Volt - this looks especially bad for you.

I will not be voting while I"m on V/LA

Qvist / Volt

Please analyze asher and yuma.  Who do you think is the most likely scum and why?

Asher / Yuma.  Obviously you both think the other is scum.  Tell me why you think the other is lying.

No Frisk.

I know that ash is scum. 100%. No doubt about it. There are 6 vts in this game, you are one, I am one. There isn't room for ash, so he must be scum. Case closed. Obviously you don't know that. But I do.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: December 03, 2012, 10:23:38 pm »

Ok

So first:

Frisk, do you mean that either "Axxle or Munch" needed to be doctor?  You said in your opening post of Day 3 that you figured Munch was the doctor - and you also said your plan would likely result in the doctor dying.  I thought you were assuming that risk - you seemed to have noticed it and taken it into account.

Qvist / Volt

I explained why I think asher is more likely scum upthread.  Leaving aside ash's scummy responses today and reneging on the plan to lynch Qvist if Axxle flipped town, the fact is that one of the two scenarios is true:

(1) If ash is scum:  On Day 2, scum!joth and scum!ash jumped 1-2 on the yumawagon I started, in an effort to lynch yuma.  Scum!Qvist was unwilling to be the hammer on a wagon made predominantly of scum.  Then the wagon fizzled out (no thanks to joth's and ash's efforts to keep it going).

Or:

(2) If yuma is scum:  On Day 2, scum!joth bussed yuma and allowed his wagon to stay at L-1 for an extended period of time, during which there was significant risk of yuma being lynched.  This at a time when the lynch of any scum player would break scum's stranglehold on the town's power roles.

I think (1) is significantly more likely than (2).  So I think ash is more likely than not the last scum.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: December 04, 2012, 02:29:16 am »

Qvist / Volt

I already answered this.

After trying to get an insight about yuma vs. ashersky from yesterday's behaviour, I think I have an idea what might going on. Voltgloss tried the bandwagon on day 2 to kill yuma what ended in yuma claiming VT after nobody wanted to do the hammer. He realized that it won't work and was actually the first to unvote what I just looked up.

Yesterday he tried to start a bandwagon on me what ended in us both claiming cop. But he always accused both Axxle and me and then the bandwagon on Axxle started. This was like this.

@Volt, I think I'm good with you coming in now... I'm solidly convinced that Axxle is scum and we're going to win.

This was the sign for ashersky who was really quiet until then.

Popped in to catch up and a new plan is there.

I said Volt/Axxle or Q/Axxle, and I still think that.  I like Frisk's plan, and think he understands I had this plan as well.

I am okay with Vote: Axxle with Frisk's plan.

Voltgloss was the next to vote and then:

Ill read through but beer friday started at the office and wereI headed toto a bar later so i cant guarantee a good response

L-1 and we get this?  I say hammer.

I'm pretty confident with a Voltgloss / ashersky scum pair.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 16 queries.