Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 75  All

Author Topic: Mafia XV - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS  (Read 161762 times)

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XV - Night 1 - Spec QT available w/mini game
« Reply #275 on: November 12, 2012, 03:41:37 am »

Sorry, I couldn't post the last hours before everyone hammered Galzria.
I wouldn't have thought that he's the Serial Killer. And that he died is pretty bad for us.
Mafia has now full control over the switches.

And now they killed eHunt. Like most have thought he was town.
We really have to find one of Mafia today to get one PR back or we're in a pretty bad shape.

So, why eHunt? I'm still not sure what he meant / was trying to say, but let's see who voted for him.
Captain_Frisk was the first who voted for him and they both had a ongoing controversion.
Galzria also voted for him after eHunt voted for Galzria, but he was the SK.
And after the thread was locked ashersky voted for him. I don't know why he's done that.

CF and ashersky are the obvious candidates for Mafia although it might be a little too obvious. Maybe Mafia is just trying to frame one of them.
I don't know how likely that is.

Let's look at the votes:
Captain_Frisk, eHunt, Galzria, Jotheonah, TheMunch and yuma killed Galzria.
Galzria and eHunt are out.
That leaves us with CF, jotheonah, TheMunch and yuma as suspects.

CF appears in both lists. So I start and Vote: Captain_Frisk

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 12, 2012, 11:26:00 am »

Umm... bump?

Qvist, I have to say I'm getting a scummy vibe out of that post. We thought Galzria was scum and HE WAS. It is unfortunate that he was the wrong kind of scum. Maybe more unfortunate in this setup than in others. But still, it's not like our reads were wrong.

I guess the question is, how do you analyze a serial killer's wagon? Like a scum wagon or like a town wagon? Qvist seems to want to analyze it like a town wagon, because he was town as far as the mafia knew. But it seems odd to say "Frisk is scummier because he helped us kill scum." Thoughts?

Also, what kind of a serial killer self-votes day 1? Oh wait, I think I did that in M3.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 12, 2012, 11:55:46 am »

Oh yeah #1 take from this, we should ALWAYS AND ALWAYS lynch self voters vehemently. At least stop giving them any town credit. It's just annoyinggg.

I guess I'm glad my town read on ehunt was correct, albeit highly useless.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XV - Day 2 - Spec QT available w/mini game -- Replacement needed!
« Reply #278 on: November 12, 2012, 01:58:33 pm »

I look forward to talking with Galz when this is over.  Was he just tired from the election - because that was some poor play (got defensive about tunneling very very very early), and continued to look super scummy.

I think he could have survived that if he had just shrugged it all off as RVS and not gone on a self voting crazy rampage.

Going to go re-read ehunt to see what he is or is not onto, but my guess is that most scum were off the wagon - hence the "on the wagon" kill.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 12, 2012, 02:02:08 pm »

Couple other notes:

#1: With the night start double townie death, we're down to 6 on 3.  We have exactly 1 mislynch.
#2: Our PRs are effectively named townies.

As such we may want to discuss a massclaim to create 2 ICs.  If there are any counter claims, then we know we can focus on them.  I'm not 100% sure on this yet, but we should all think about it.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 12, 2012, 02:19:30 pm »

Frisk, our PRs are only named townies until we lynch scum. Then, depending on which switch we get, we might get a PR back. SO I think massclaiming them would be a VERY BAD idea and I'm a little suspicious of you for suggesting it. Especially after your position in the last memorable f.ds mass claim, which was a huge fiasco that cost town the game.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 12, 2012, 03:01:52 pm »

My mistake.  I didn't realize that the switches always reset to "On" at the start of night.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 12, 2012, 03:04:10 pm »

Where is everybody? This day 2 is proceeding absurdly slowly.

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 12, 2012, 03:32:06 pm »

How about some post counting:

1. Captain_Frisk - 44
2. jotheonah - 33
4. Eevee - 18
5. Grujah - 8
6. Axxle - 19
8. yuma - 13
10. ashersky - 12
11. QVist - 12
12. TheMunch - 12

What is our timeline for today?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 12, 2012, 03:44:47 pm »

Well Grujah is the lurker leader, but to be honest he's only marginally leading in front of a 3-way tie. ashersky, Qvist, TheMunch, get in here! Meantime, Vote: Grujah

He/him

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: November 12, 2012, 03:54:11 pm »

Where is everybody? This day 2 is proceeding absurdly slowly.
Vote: Joth

Threads only been open 12 hours.

You open the day by telling the one other person he's scum for presenting a case.

Your annoyance at the slow pace seems a bit forced. (I did something similar in my first mafiascum game as scum)
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 12, 2012, 04:29:06 pm »

Lynch All Talkers. Excellent policy. Definitely reinforces good behavior.

And all I said was I got a scummy VIBE from a post that suggested lynching scum was anti-town.

He/him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 12, 2012, 04:29:27 pm »

My mistake.  I didn't realize that the switches always reset to "On" at the start of night.

Vote: Frisk.  The "whoops I didn't know the set-up" excuse never flies for you, as you're a smart, good player.  Also, you were hard on eHunt on D1, so his death is suspicious, although just as much wifom as anything else.  Still, trying to fish up the PRs so early on D2 when they still have roles to play if we're able to lynch mafia?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 12, 2012, 04:41:43 pm »

Do you really think Frisk intentionally proposed that plan hoping no one would catch that? I'm positive it was a genuine mistake. One that scum or town could have made.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 12, 2012, 05:26:06 pm »

Do you really think Frisk intentionally proposed that plan hoping no one would catch that? I'm positive it was a genuine mistake. One that scum or town could have made.

He does know we have newbies in this game.  I could see him intentionally trying to take advantage of that, Robz style.  So I'm not positive it's a genuine mistake.  My vote was for emphasis more than expecting to start anything up.  I'd like to see a better response than "whoopsie!" from him.  This is Frisk, after all.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 12, 2012, 05:33:01 pm »

Vote: Frisk.  The "whoops I didn't know the set-up" excuse never flies for you, as you're a smart, good player.  Also, you were hard on eHunt on D1, so his death is suspicious, although just as much wifom as anything else.  Still, trying to fish up the PRs so early on D2 when they still have roles to play if we're able to lynch mafia?

Vote: Frisk both for this faulty logic equalling a vote and for similar faulty logic yesterday...

I thought you were accusing me of deflecting suspicion, which I found ridiculous since my choices were A) ignore everything Frisk has said, or B) defend myself as best I'm able.

If you're saying that Frisk's vote on me is deflection from himself? I disagree. I mean, it IS, but it's not like he hasn't been voting me since RVS. He's not deflecting to a NEW target, he's just coming back to things he's already said.

You seem to be trying to find excuses for voting for someone and pressing a case out of nothing to get on a wagon early.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XV - Day 2 - Spec QT available w/mini game
« Reply #291 on: November 12, 2012, 05:35:05 pm »

Sorry, bad quoting above, fixed below

Vote: Frisk both for this faulty logic equalling a vote and for similar faulty logic yesterday...

I thought you were accusing me of deflecting suspicion, which I found ridiculous since my choices were A) ignore everything Frisk has said, or B) defend myself as best I'm able.

If you're saying that Frisk's vote on me is deflection from himself? I disagree. I mean, it IS, but it's not like he hasn't been voting me since RVS. He's not deflecting to a NEW target, he's just coming back to things he's already said.

I had accused Frisk of deflecting suspicion toward you purposefully at the beginning of the day.  He came in very recently asking what I was talking about.  I was going to go quote, but then you responded instead.

I think he was trying to get folks' attention on others instead of himself.  I could definitely see him killing Robz, after all.

I think anyone that has payed any attention to mafia at all knows that 1. Robz is a great player and solid asset to town and 2. gets higher than his fair share of power roles and uses them effectively. To say that anyone is more or less likely to have killed Robz at night 0... makes me want to vote for you

vote: ashersky
You seem to be trying to find excuses for voting for someone and pressing a case out of nothing to get on a wagon early.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 12, 2012, 05:35:37 pm »

GRUJAH has replaced out, he has been replaced by Voltgloss. Welcome Voltgloss to the game!
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 12, 2012, 05:36:14 pm »

GRUJAH has replaced out, he has been replaced by Voltgloss. Welcome Voltgloss to the game!

Chickencurse: Voltgloss

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 12, 2012, 05:40:41 pm »

Welcome Volt!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 12, 2012, 05:42:01 pm »

yuma, should that vote be on ashersky?

ashersky, convincing a newbie or two is pretty useless, he'd need to convince EVERYONE. You really think scum-Frisk would think he could convince the whole town of that?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 12, 2012, 05:43:11 pm »

yuma, should that vote be on ashersky?

ashersky, convincing a newbie or two is pretty useless, he'd need to convince EVERYONE. You really think scum-Frisk would think he could convince the whole town of that?

yes, thanks vote: ashersky

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 12, 2012, 05:46:45 pm »

Hi folks.  Voltgloss here, swapping in for Grujah.  And I have something to say that I am surprised no one else has yet said.

1.  Galzria claimed "power role" (with no further details) in #246.
2.  yuma hammers in #265, four minutes after TheMunch put Galz at L-1, without Galz having been asked by anyone to actually claim.

Now, I'm not here to defend Serial Killer Galz's play.  It was incredibly erratic, "crazy" play, certainly.  But... but!...

I cannot understand why yuma, if he were town, would have hammered Galz without AT LEAST asking him to claim his power role first.

As I cannot ascribe yuma's behavior to town!yuma, I have to attribute it to scum!yuma.  I think yuma (correctly) guessed that Galz's erratic behavior + generic power role claim = Serial Killer, who could very well have been a mafia-immune Serial Killer, and decided that the benefit to scum for killing the SK early (i.e., complete control over the switches) outweighed the potential detriment of being called out for scummy quickhammering.

Well, I'm here to call yuma out for scummy quickhammering.

Vote: yuma

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 12, 2012, 05:48:38 pm »

To me scum-yuma is meticulous and above all suspicion (right until he fails the quickhammer). The quickhammer doesn't fit that model very well at all.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 12, 2012, 05:51:12 pm »

Eevee, what is your conception of the town-yuma model?

How does it differ from the scum-yuma model?

How does the quickhammer of a claimed PR, without asking that PR to actually claim a role, fit into your conception of the town-yuma model?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 20 queries.