Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 75  All

Author Topic: Mafia XV - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS  (Read 162992 times)

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XV - Day 1 - Spec QT available w/mini game
« Reply #200 on: November 08, 2012, 08:11:59 pm »

With that all said, I don't find the back and forth between Frisk and eHunt all that scummy. Frisk is a bit strong headed at times (See: Him tunneling me above), and once he gets something in his head he keeps pushing it. Sometimes he's right (See: BMMMMM, where his sixth sense knew I was scum and on which night to track both ftl and myself), but often he's wrong. In this case, I don't think it's a matter of being right OR wrong, it's just him not liking being told what he can or cannot do. And a threat of a policy vote is only going to push Frisk's buttons more.

Unvote.  I still think that talking the theory is a bad idea but this comment really makes me think that Frisk v. ehunt is just town on town.  I am still suspicious of anyone that does want to chat about theory out of the blue, but I could totally see how frisk is reacting to his buttons getting pushed.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 08, 2012, 08:29:07 pm »

Caught up!

First, Frisk's vote on me for "defending my lurking":

Bull****.

Second, Frisk's vote on me for "Not dying":

Actually, I don't have a good answer for you. Ask scum. I would suspect it has to do with another ongoing game that I can't talk about though. I'm in a bit of a lull since being wiped out of M-XI.

Third, Frisk's accusation that I would've killed Robz:

Holy smokes are you tunneling Frisk. But this is ridiculous. I'm the person who, in M-II, made the call to kill Bozzball, a serial lurker who was quite honestly not even playing at that point. Why? Because as scum I'm MUCH better at applying WIFOM to "Scum Galz would've killed the strong players". Basically, if I were scum, I would be focused on the weak, quiet players, while keeping the strong talkative ones alive so that I could blend in. My meta says that I post. A lot. Do you really think scum Galz wants a crowd of quiet people around him? I would draw so much effing attention to myself it's ridiculous.

This deflection...

Because I should just ignore it instead of resounding...? Riiight.

What does this mean, Galz?  I have no clue what you're saying.

My post that you are responding to was in response to Frisk's question in #190.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 08, 2012, 08:33:45 pm »

Caught up!

First, Frisk's vote on me for "defending my lurking":

Bull****.

Second, Frisk's vote on me for "Not dying":

Actually, I don't have a good answer for you. Ask scum. I would suspect it has to do with another ongoing game that I can't talk about though. I'm in a bit of a lull since being wiped out of M-XI.

Third, Frisk's accusation that I would've killed Robz:

Holy smokes are you tunneling Frisk. But this is ridiculous. I'm the person who, in M-II, made the call to kill Bozzball, a serial lurker who was quite honestly not even playing at that point. Why? Because as scum I'm MUCH better at applying WIFOM to "Scum Galz would've killed the strong players". Basically, if I were scum, I would be focused on the weak, quiet players, while keeping the strong talkative ones alive so that I could blend in. My meta says that I post. A lot. Do you really think scum Galz wants a crowd of quiet people around him? I would draw so much effing attention to myself it's ridiculous.

This deflection...

Because I should just ignore it instead of resounding...? Riiight.

What does this mean, Galz?  I have no clue what you're saying.

My post that you are responding to was in response to Frisk's question in #190.

I thought you were accusing me of deflecting suspicion, which I found ridiculous since my choices were A) ignore everything Frisk has said, or B) defend myself as best I'm able.

If you're saying that Frisk's vote on me is deflection from himself? I disagree. I mean, it IS, but it's not like he hasn't been voting me since RVS. He's not deflecting to a NEW target, he's just coming back to things he's already said.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 08, 2012, 08:38:22 pm »

I thought you were accusing me of deflecting suspicion, which I found ridiculous since my choices were A) ignore everything Frisk has said, or B) defend myself as best I'm able.

If you're saying that Frisk's vote on me is deflection from himself? I disagree. I mean, it IS, but it's not like he hasn't been voting me since RVS. He's not deflecting to a NEW target, he's just coming back to things he's already said.

I had accused Frisk of deflecting suspicion toward you purposefully at the beginning of the day.  He came in very recently asking what I was talking about.  I was going to go quote, but then you responded instead.

I think he was trying to get folks' attention on others instead of himself.  I could definitely see him killing Robz, after all.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 08, 2012, 09:14:01 pm »

Sorry ehunt, your reading is off today!

Do you disagree with my assessment that the SK wants as many town PRs on as possible?

chicken.

unvote because i am being a little bit ridiculous

but

i strongly want us to not talk about this anymore.

I really don't get what you all are talking about. So you do really suggest that we all should shut up?
I don't know the game enough, it could really make sense what you are saying and Axxle agrees with you, so fine.
But, what should we do? Keep random voting? I guess, just wait until Mafia makes an error?

So I am back... hello all, especially to Qvist who I haven't yet had the opportunity to play with. To whom I say: "Hallo. Willkommen in diesem wunderbaren Spiel, dass wir nennen Mafia. Hoffe es gefällt euch so viel wie wir es tun! Sind Sie mafia? Haben Sie zu töten Robz?" - partially from my 8th grade German class and google translate.

Wow, Google Translate is horrible. I know it, but I'm again and again surprised by it. But, no I haven't killed Robz, have you?
Vote: yuma for hiding his accusation in German.

I think part of it is that I was trying my hardest to use what German I can remember--obviously not very much--and then trying to use Google translate to fill in the rest.

No I didn't kill Robz. And I can't remember the last time I killed Robz... O yes I do. It was ZM2 but that was a lynch kill.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 08, 2012, 09:36:52 pm »

I had accused Frisk of deflecting suspicion toward you purposefully at the beginning of the day.  He came in very recently asking what I was talking about.  I was going to go quote, but then you responded instead.

I think he was trying to get folks' attention on others instead of himself.  I could definitely see him killing Robz, after all.

I think anyone that has payed any attention to mafia at all knows that 1. Robz is a great player and solid asset to town and 2. gets higher than his fair share of power roles and uses them effectively. To say that anyone is more or less likely to have killed Robz at night 0... makes me want to vote for you

vote: ashersky

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 09, 2012, 12:00:57 am »

Pretty defensive galz.  Some of my case is obvRVS.  I have agreed to shut up on theory, and look forward to discussing after.  I truly don't believe at there is optimal mafia strategy here.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 09, 2012, 12:38:19 am »

I think anyone that has payed any attention to mafia at all knows that 1. Robz is a great player and solid asset to town and 2. gets higher than his fair share of power roles and uses them effectively. To say that anyone is more or less likely to have killed Robz at night 0... makes me want to vote for you

sidenote: there was something gross in my frosted flakes while I was typing this, so if I'm dead tomorrow that's why (they were Aldi's brand of frosted flakes).

Separately, I completely disagree with Yuma here. It's absolutely the case that some people are more likely to kill Robz than others. And to boot if you are the type to be less likely to kill him there is WIFOM to be gained from killing him. I doubt the speculation is going to lead somewhere, but it's completely worth speculating on.

FWIW I don't think Frisk would have killed Robz, which is the opposite of what ashersky says.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 09, 2012, 05:47:28 am »

System crashed. Will take time to get it up running again.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 09, 2012, 07:04:12 am »

sidenote: there was something gross in my frosted flakes while I was typing this, so if I'm dead tomorrow that's why (they were Aldi's brand of frosted flakes).

Separately, I completely disagree with Yuma here. It's absolutely the case that some people are more likely to kill Robz than others. And to boot if you are the type to be less likely to kill him there is WIFOM to be gained from killing him. I doubt the speculation is going to lead somewhere, but it's completely worth speculating on.

FWIW I don't think Frisk would have killed Robz, which is the opposite of what ashersky says.

I would have killed galz.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: November 09, 2012, 09:20:07 am »

I would have killed galz.

I too would have killed galz as scum.  That man is a ninja scumhunter.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 09, 2012, 09:36:40 am »

I DEFINITELY would have killed Galz, given recent events and his propensity for always catching me more or less instantly as scum. (Ok, two times doesn't make a pattern, but when I'm scum, Galzria terrifies me.)
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 09, 2012, 09:43:03 am »

So the munch, why are you voting me instead of Galz?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 09, 2012, 09:57:49 am »

For being RVS Frisk, you sure are pushing this hard. I'm starting to think you are scum deflecting like mad after all with a crap case.

Tell me, since you seem to know so much about whom killed whom, when you killed Robz last night, was it with the plan of coming after me today? "Let's NK one, then claim we would've NK'd the other!" Seriously, back the eff off and stop tunneling so hard.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 09, 2012, 10:11:33 am »

I'm open to more compelling cases. 

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 09, 2012, 10:16:04 am »

I'm not voting for you.  I unvoted at the top of this page.  Almost makes me want to put my vote back.  I'm going to guess CF is SK.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 09, 2012, 10:23:28 am »

For being RVS Frisk, you sure are pushing this hard. I'm starting to think you are scum deflecting like mad after all with a crap case.

Tell me, since you seem to know so much about whom killed whom, when you killed Robz last night, was it with the plan of coming after me today? "Let's NK one, then claim we would've NK'd the other!" Seriously, back the eff off and stop tunneling so hard.

Translation: "I am annoyed that Frisk, on the basis of nothing, has successfully guessed that I am mafia."

vote: Galzria

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 09, 2012, 10:38:40 am »

I'm not voting for you.  I unvoted at the top of this page.  Almost makes me want to put my vote back.  I'm going to guess CF is SK.

Based on what, exactly?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 09, 2012, 10:39:02 am »

Translation: "I am annoyed that Frisk, on the basis of nothing, has successfully guessed that I am mafia."

This. Vote: Galzria

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 09, 2012, 10:41:50 am »

Translation: "I'm a little sheep who can't think of ANY OTHER reason Galz might be pissed at someone tunneling"

Mafia Record:

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 09, 2012, 11:04:11 am »

Actually, unvote. Pissy Galzria is usually town; friendly Galzria is usually scum.

He/him

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 09, 2012, 11:34:37 am »

Actually, unvote. Pissy Galzria is usually town; friendly Galzria is usually scum.

I've actually never played with with scumGalz. Before this game, I mean.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 09, 2012, 11:35:49 am »

I've actually never played with with scumGalz. Before this game, I mean.

He is a silver-tongued devil.

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 09, 2012, 11:45:18 am »

Is this our first game with night start?

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 09, 2012, 02:26:44 pm »

BMI had a night start :P
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 16 queries.