Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38  All

Author Topic: M97: intrigue and treason and stuff (schadnd II) (it ended)  (Read 97981 times)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: M97: intrigue and treason and stuff (schadnd II) (lesgo!)
« Reply #750 on: April 10, 2017, 01:18:11 pm »

Ya I think LaLight is town now.  unvote

I'm inclined to feel townier on you for this exchange, but tell me, were you deliberately putting pressure on LL given how he can get flustered, or did you genuinely think he'd slipped?

I wanted to put pressure on him to see if he really figured out that he couldn't slip that way.  I figured if he was town, he would try to defend himself before realizing it couldn't possibly be a slip, where if he were scum, he would instantly realize that it was impossible for it to be a scum slip.

I would conclude the opposite I think.

Okay, I maybe have read your thoughts not really carefully, but claiming is good only if we at 5th setup. If we are at 6th it is better to claim later so rc will have some result till then

But to kill the rolecop in 6, scum has to give up a person to the watcher.

That's true. But they won't have a choice, really, it's better to give up a person than to keep rc alive. So they will kill rc anyway although we can make rc even more useful by waiting for D2 to claim. Or even if we lynch scum D1 that would be just awesome

I disagree about scum killing the RC in 6. I think they both want to stay alive for as long as possible. Also, this just occurred to me: in 6 both scum are goons and will give the RC vanilla results which renders the RC's night action practically useless. Claiming would make him an IC I guess, but we wouldn't know for sure we were in 6. [insert more useless speculation]

Again, I don't know if it's worth taking the chance even if we knew there was a RC in this game. Ultimately it's up to the RC if there is one.

Honestly to me all of these votes are scummy. As scummy as I find Robz's vote, he is the ONLY ONE TO PROVIDE A REASON FOR VOTING PPS. Obviously not everyone on the wagon is scum. So I just want those who are town on the wagon to know that there is nothing about this wagon that was pro-town. It makes it more difficult for us to analyze the wagon and scumhunt and thus could very well lead to more mislynches. But enough berating, although I do hope you all feel bad now.

Out of all of these I find SA's and Joseph's votes to be the scummiest. SA's vote was RVS and they never even commented on pps's "claim" besides joking about it as a reason to join his wagon. So SA pretty much voted randomly, encouraged more random votes, and then just went along with the wagon because hey, as long as they're town it's totally cool if they get lynched right?

Joseph's vote.... uhhhh.... well there's nothing to go off of besides a vote. Also while rereading I found this:

Vote: LaLight
She's a bit scummy

This was before his pps vote obviously. Would Joseph NK LL after supposedly scumreading him?

Vote: SA

This is slightly scummy from Andrew.  Just saying that everyone on the PPS wagon was scummy because he can conveniently cast doubt on everyone on the wagon while keeping doubt off of Dylan.

I'm about to be VLA till after the deadline.

My vote on Robz isn't useful because he's still VLA himself. I'll vote: Joseph now. I hope to be on at least by phone from the place I'm going, but I'm really not sure how the data coverage will be...

Isn't this also unannounced L-1?

I posted my vote count immediately beforehand, so it's not like anyone should be super-surprised at the voting distribution. Not announcing it was am oversight on my part, though.. I was rushing to make sure I wasn't leaving a wasted vote when leaving for my holiday. (Hi from Wales!)

And yet YOU'RE LEAVING YOUR VOTE ON HIM! SCUM!

Ok, this is pretty townie from Andrew.

Ok, I'm stopping here and posting what I got.  I'm at the beginning of D3.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: M97: intrigue and treason and stuff (schadnd II) (D1!)
« Reply #751 on: April 10, 2017, 01:18:18 pm »

In all seriousness, I think you voting yourself is a pretty null PPS-ish thing to do, so I'm not going to get my logic in a twist over it.

Maybe, because you are relatively new. Or maybe you're scum trying to nix my town vibe because the truth is that scum!PPS would never claim to be scum on D1.

I don't see town narrative for intentionally attenuating anther's attempts at generating a town signal. It's really all town can do at this stage of the game.

This would have been a much townier thing if your sig wasn't what it is.  ;)

I think given his involvement with creating the setup, gkrieg would have probably started with the rc talk early as either alignment, especially since someone else in the game already knew some of his thoughts and would recognize it if he were to try to hide some info/insight he had. However, the way he has done it suggests town to me.

Vote: Joseph

PPE 1

In all seriousness, I think you voting yourself is a pretty null PPS-ish thing to do, so I'm not going to get my logic in a twist over it.

Maybe, because you are relatively new. Or maybe you're scum trying to nix my town vibe because the truth is that scum!PPS would never claim to be scum on D1.

I don't see town narrative for intentionally attenuating anther's attempts at generating a town signal. It's really all town can do at this stage of the game.

This would have been a much townier thing if your sig wasn't what it is.  ;)

I think given his involvement with creating the setup, gkrieg would have probably started with the rc talk early as either alignment, especially since someone else in the game already knew some of his thoughts and would recognize it if he were to try to hide some info/insight he had. However, the way he has done it suggests town to me.

PPE 1
Why?

Why are you not letting him react to it himself before you try to get a reason out of me?

Is this your master scumhunting plan? Vote people with no substance and arbitrarily decide whether or not it's scummy?

Nope. It was to vote with little (or none in this case) disclosed substance to gauge reactions that can be recalled later when there is more evidence to combine it with, whichever way the evidence points.

And Joseph, I would have liked a bit more than just copying Jake there. Want to try again for me, please?

Jake, this is why you don't answer for other people immediately, because then you give them an easy way out of pressure, which makes sense if you are trying to diffuse potential pressure on a partner or you have a night result which ICs them, which you don't.

In the interest of actually protecting PR identities, other people need to actually post results that are more than "vanilla" "saw nothing/no result" so in the event someone actually gets a non-vanilla/saw-nothing result, they aren't the only ones sticking out and basically revealing themselves. If everyone does the same thing except the actual PR, this is a self-defeating exercise. I know the plain results are the most likely outcomes, but we do need variety in our claims I would think.

If I were a rolecop, I would have targeted Joseph and gotten jailkeeper.
If I were a tracker, I would have targeted gkrieg and seen him target SA.
If I were a watcher, I would have targeted Robz and seen Jake target him.

In the interest of actually protecting PR identities, other people need to actually post results that are more than "vanilla" "saw nothing/no result" so in the event someone actually gets a non-vanilla/saw-nothing result, they aren't the only ones sticking out and basically revealing themselves. If everyone does the same thing except the actual PR, this is a self-defeating exercise. I know the plain results are the most likely outcomes, but we do need variety in our claims I would think.

I disagree with your analysis here. I think there are pros and cons with claiming non-null results for the PRs you have to fabricate. On the pro side, it makes the game more confusing the puzzle through if there's a lot of claimed activity. On the minus side, you go the other way and make the true results stand out because they're null in a forest of true-result noise! I think we actually want to move along something like the actual expectation of the PR results, maybe upping the hit-rate only slightly to account for people's reads... I mean, how often are anyone's reads really good as a PR on N1 anyway?

Accounting for the fact we lost a VT before going into N1, here's a breakdown for each scenario:

Game 1) No claiming PRs at all.
Game 2) RC has a 2/7 chance of hitting a non-null result, and a 1/6 chance of being RBd.
Game 3) RC has a 4/7 chance of hitting a non-null result, and a 1/3 chance of being RBd.
Game 4) Tracker has a 2/7 chance of hitting a non-null result. No RBing.
Game 5) RC has a 2/7 chance of hitting a non-null result. No RBing.
Game 6) RC has a 1/7 chance of hitting a non-null result (which is the Tracker). No RBing.
Game 6) Watcher has a 2/7 chance of hitting a non-null result. No RBing.
Game 7) Watcher has a 1/7-2/7 chance of hitting a non-null result (depending on ninja).
Game 7) Tracker has a 1/7-2/7 chance of hitting a non-null result (depending on ninja).

I see where you are coming from, but if you pay attention to the game state at the time I posted, 3 people had posted and essentially all results were vanilla/null to that point. I said what I said with the hopes that a couple of the remaining people including myself would give more creative results, which in turn would result in roughly an even split of boring vs exciting results (for lack of a better short description). This result would still lean slightly heavy on non-null results, but if one person after my comment went ahead and posted null results, then the proportion would be pretty close to what you are saying.

This is not something I see Dylan talking about with his partner in the thread.  Townpoints to Space.

vote: Robz. Space for president.

Vote Count 2.2

SpaceAnemone (3): Robz888, JaketheBaseballGod22, AndrewisFTTW
Robz888 (2): SpaceAnemone, Dylan32
JaketheBaseballGod22 (1): gkrieg13

not voting (1): Joseph2302

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Day 2 ends Saturday, April 1st at 6pm forum time.

But then he also has this vote which brings us to this vote count.  This seems pretty incriminating against Space.  Once again, if Space is town, then this looks good for Joseph, because that would mean that both scum are off-wagon if he is town.

So I just reread Joseph and Robz, and there isn't a whole lot from either. Robz came off slightly scummier, but he is VLA, so unless more people think he would actually be a good lynch right now, unvote.  I would vote for Joseph, but I am comfortable waiting for his promised post tonight to give him a chance, since it was mostly just a lack of content.  Andrew's last post is slightly scummy. I don't know why town would be comfortable with a slow pace most of the time. Gkrieg's case on Jake makes sense too. Jake, post more.

I'm not sure what to make of this from Dylan.

Joseph said the same thing about Space saying the cop should claim in #291, and Space replied to that same thing the same way in #296. Plus, Space's original post that Joseph is referring to isn't even that hard to understand.

vote: Joseph

Interesting that Dylan jumps on the Joseph scumslip thing.  Still not sure what to make of it.

For me, it is because of the scum slip.
Honestly I hadn't even read the setup, I assumed there was a rolecop since every discussion seemed to be about a rolecop

It would be easier for scum to go without reading the setup here I think, because depending on how descriptive the flavor names that schadd provided are, they might not have needed to even look at the setup post to know what exactly was in the setup, which could lead a busy scum to assume that everyone knew a rolecop was in the setup.

The fact that Dylan keeps pushing for Joseph just makes me think Joseph is town.

I disagree with you about Joseph. When you know it is this kind of setup you read it as scum and Joseph is more like this as town than scum.

I would vote Robz or Jake I think.

So which of the VLA-Robz or the not-all-that-scummy-Jake would you prefer? And do you have a better case on Jake than just he was like this is recent scum games?

And the fact that he defends Robz makes Robz scummier in my eyes.

Jake, why do you think SA has been scummy? I just reread trying to find your reasons, and one mention of it was that you disagreed with one of their posts about Robz and the other you just quoted a post and said this is scummy but didn't explain why you thought so.
The post about robz was SA saying that he is scum because he disagreed with the everyone claiming results thing and whereas I thought that showed robz as more towny. Another thing was when the space wagon was going space's main defense was that he was towny because he was "not the biggest scum threat" and then when i replied with this

So I just reread Joseph and Robz, and there isn't a whole lot from either. Robz came off slightly scummier, but he is VLA, so unless more people think he would actually be a good lynch right now, unvote.  I would vote for Joseph, but I am comfortable waiting for his promised post tonight to give him a chance, since it was mostly just a lack of content.  Andrew's last post is slightly scummy. I don't know why town would be comfortable with a slow pace most of the time. Gkrieg's case on Jake makes sense too. Jake, post more.

It is also strange that Jake hasn't posted since I explained my vote on him, when he has been online.
Well I just jumped online although my computer is always on which might explain why but just because I'm trying to play a more slower game so that I'm not lynched D-1.
Oh and sorry for the unannounced L-1, I didn't notice. I keep forgetting there are only 7 of us in this game right now.

... so you're celebrating the nice slow pace of the game as an excuse not to engage, and just to leave your vote at L-1? Like you genuinely believe I'm the biggest scum threat here right now?

And since there are only 7 of us in the game, it means people have to talk more, not less!
ummmm just because your not "the biggest scum threat in this game right now" (not sure about this) doesn't mean your not scum. Also gkrieg your case is true but just because I've been scum the last two games since i changed my play style doesn't mean I'm scum this game so really the case is invalid.

he then says that any town players who are voting for him are playing bad

ummmm just because your not "the biggest scum threat in this game right now" (not sure about this) doesn't mean your not scum.

I'm the person who's one vote away from being lynched right now, thanks specifically to Andrew. He can just about get away with putting me to an unannounced L-1 by claiming this is his careless laid-back game-play and he didn't realise. However leaving me there now that he's admitted he's fully aware that it's L-1, is not good play for town at all unless he actually thinks I'm really a threat. OTOH, if he's scum waiting for a derphammer, it makes much more sense.

Also, I think gkreig's point about your retort not coming from a very towny-seeming place is also accurate.

Also he and gkrieg (my main scum read) have agreed on almost every issue or topic of conversation in the game. Seems like the main possible gkrieg scum partner to me.

Also when you go back to D1 SA at the start was one of the main pushers toward the PPS wagon but toward the end he tryed to distance himself from the wagon

You guys really want to hammer right this second? This game has been going for like 2 days.
we should just get D1 out of the way asap and if PPS wants to volunteer to end it then he can go ahead and do it.

How much information do you think PPS's flip will give us now, compared to letting D1 run its course more completely and generating a bunch more interactions between players who may or may not then get flipped later?

How likely do you think it is that he'll flip scum if someone hammers now?

Right after it seems like he's distanced himself enough his scum buddy gkrieg hammer's PPS while SA is still on wagon
That is why I think he is scum

Disagreeing about a read isn't really enough to justify a scum read.

I think gkrieg would actually be less likely to agree with a partner on most things, so I would be more likely to assume at most one of gkrieg and Space are scum, in the case that I'm wrong about both being town.

If town doesn't think Space is the most likely person to be scum, I agree that carelessly being put and left at L-1 really early in D2 after the crappy D1 that we had is kind of bad play for town, so whether Space is scum or not, they had a point there. If you do think Space is the most likely person to be scum, then there wouldn't really be anything wrong with your play there.

Space has already discussed their positioning and stuff on the wagon, so go back and read it and see what you think.

Dylan once again defends Space.

Furthermore, @Andrew, how on earth were you reading Jake's explanation of L-1 as a townslip?

This does not seem like partner interaction.

And everyone goes silent.

Do you want to put forward a case on Andrew maybe?  When I was scum-reading him earlier, neither you nor Dylan seemed that interested, which worries me slightly.

He was null to me earlier, and now I'm trying to avoid just giving in to OMGUS. Do you remember where your case was? I'll go back and read it.

Going back is more sensible... no way can I quote a bunch of useful things in one post from my phone just now.

He was mostly scum-reading me for behaving in what I believed was a totally justified townie way and being super careless about leaving me at L-1.

How long now till deadline? Am about to be offline for a while unless it's really soon, if signal is even cooperating...

Ok, I just went back and read 5ish pages and didn't really see a case on him except for you defending yourself. I try not to base reads just on differences of opinions, and that seems to be the biggest thing I see with Andrew.

D2 ends 6 pm forum time this evening.
your entire scum read against me is based on opinions. If not then please say what it is based on because honestly I've asked everybody multiple times and no one can give me a response.

Literally every read in this game is based on opinions. Excluding PR gained info, literally everything everyone does in this game is based on opinions and interpretations of what has been said.  My opinion is that you have seemed somewhat scummy.  But personally, I am more motivated by the POE I laid out earlier that narrowed it down to Robz, Joseph, and you for today, because I think lynching one of the 3 of you is our best chance for hitting scum.  And since no one apparently wants to lynch Robz--who just showed up--because of his complete absence, you or Joseph seem like the best bets to me.

PPE 1

This once again looks townie for Joseph, scummy for Robz.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: April 10, 2017, 01:18:26 pm »

Wow straight into the setup talk.
That's unusual.
I'll try and contribute today, although my time management skills are poor.

Also, a few more people should vote PPS just in case he's bluffing about his conviction that PPS is scum this game.
Sure. Vote: PPS

Wagon

Ping?

Where is everyone?

Did schadd kill you all off and forget to tell me? :-(
I've been V/LA.
And well that hammer was confusing lol.
And why is LL the NK?

Will SA lynch SA? 

Anyway, I'll catch up on this later today. I hammered because I thought there was a high likelihood of PPS actually being scum but I guess was wrong. LaLight seems like a strange kill.

I also thought there was a high likelihood. I think hammering in that situation is pretty townie, actually.

I'm still not a huge fan of SA's naysaying. Vote: Space
Yh I'm not convinced that outing all our PRs is a good idea.
Space, why do you like this idea?

Both Robz and Joseph are against my claiming plan, which at this point is clear that it is a bad situation for scum if we do claim rolecop, and the fact that Dylan posted the way he did was probably pointing to his partner that I was the rolecop.  So I think people who were against the claiming plan are probably scummier.

So, D2:

#286- Space suggested rolecop claim, as people had suggested D2 was a good time for it. Possibly just scum trying to fish for info though.
Gkrieg & I both thought LL was an odd kill- although I posted more thought out thoughts about that now
#299 - scum do know the setup, but they don't know who the rolecop is. It'd be nice not to give scum an easy lynch
Some people then pseudo-claimed some results for last night. Robz didn't want to do it, which I think is possibly a tad scummy. I would have done it had I been paying proper attention at the time.
#320- Andrew notices that the D1 wagon was crap. Yes it was crap, but are you just trying to make yourself look good for not being on it?
#321- No I probably wouldn't NK LL after finding him scummy. Although I can't remember the last time I NKed anyone, so....

So the Space wagon is Robz, Jake, Andrew. Assuming Space is good, there's at least 1 scum there. And I'm kind of tentatively leaning towards Space being good right now.

I like my vote on Andrew for now.

PPE: 2-4

So if Joseph is scum, then this really was a scumslip.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: April 10, 2017, 01:18:33 pm »

Also the Rolecop claiming sounds fun and exciting but is probably not a good idea. I just looked at the setups and and it doesn't seem to have much benefit in any of them.

Also, I don't understand setup 6. Town gets a Watcher and a Rolecop, but there's nothing for the Rolecop to rolecop except the Watcher? These seems like a real bad one for town.

Vote: PPS

I did not realize it was L-1 when I voted for PPS.

I support hammering him.

If I were a rolecop, I would have targeted Joseph and gotten jailkeeper.
If I were a tracker, I would have targeted gkrieg and seen him target SA.
If I were a watcher, I would have targeted Robz and seen Jake target him.

Which is why this is a silly exercise and I'm not participating in it.

Intent to hammer Jake

And then Robz puts intent to hammer on Jake.  I think this is hard to read.  Robz's whole end of D2 reads townie to me.

Mehhh I really don't like the Jake lynch. What else can we do?

And then he does this and votes for Dylan.  Not something I see a partner doing honestly.

I'm fine with Dylan or Andrew. It's close but I probably narrowly prefer Dylan.

This is also not what I expect Robz to do to their partner.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: April 10, 2017, 01:18:39 pm »

Ok, so I stopped voting for WW every RVS because someone says it's boring and apparently I'm self-conscious.

You know what's even more boring? Voting for me, ever! You've done it so many times, and gotten me mislynched so many times that there's just no novelty value in it any more... :-P

Also, a few more people should vote PPS just in case he's bluffing about his conviction that PPS is scum this game.

She's a bit scummy

This was before his pps vote obviously. Would Joseph NK LL after supposedly scumreading him?

The post you're quoting is #155, which is early. Joseph later said at #254 (which is like twice as far into the game, given that the first game post was #53) that PPS and I were his top scumreads. I already explained my issue with how much logic-twisting Joseph must've had to do for that to make sense back at #301, but that's not relevant just here.

Anyway, combine that with the fact that LL had been townslipping to various degrees, and that several people had declared a town read on him (gkrieg@#131, Robz@#145), I think he's not that weird an NK even for a scum-team containing Joseph. After all, there are presumably two scums directing things in their QT, so the NK decision wouldn't be made by Josef in isolation anyway.

Space trying to take away from what I call a townslip from Joseph.

People, this game is sloooooow!

Let's take a look at the player list:

pingpongsam -- lynched. He has excuses for being quiet. Or for ranting at us all in the speccy.
Joseph2302 -- Is now missing long enough to be prodable, and was barely engaged earlier anyway.
JaketheBaseballGod22 -- Uncharacteristically quiet, which didn't actually imply good things in ZM23 (though I'd welcome it if this is a turn of events in which town!Jake is equally able to play maturely now).
Robz888 -- Appears to be genuinely VLA, but certainly has issues to account for when he's back.
Dylan32 -- Seems to be talking the most sense out of any of you lot.
gkrieg13 -- has promised some extra explaining later.
LaLight -- NKd. Several people did the "wow, weird kill" dance, but our vets were townreading him D1, so how weird is it really?
SpaceAnemone -- Spaaaaaaace :-)
AndrewisFTTW -- His posting history shows he's active elsewhere, but is choosing not to respond to me and to leave his unannounced L-1 vote on me.

Dylan is townie in their reads list...

ummmm just because your not "the biggest scum threat in this game right now" (not sure about this) doesn't mean your not scum.

I'm the person who's one vote away from being lynched right now, thanks specifically to Andrew. He can just about get away with putting me to an unannounced L-1 by claiming this is his careless laid-back game-play and he didn't realise. However leaving me there now that he's admitted he's fully aware that it's L-1, is not good play for town at all unless he actually thinks I'm really a threat. OTOH, if he's scum waiting for a derphammer, it makes much more sense.

Also, I think gkreig's point about your retort not coming from a very towny-seeming place is also accurate.

I don't really like Space's obsession with this unannounced L-1 thing.  I mean the same thing happened to PPS, where he was at L-1 a couple of times.

Ha, no way am I supporting a Dylan lynch just now.

vote: Jake to see whether there's traction there, since I'm still hesitant to push Robz in absentia.

Though with this little engagement in a game that's shaping up to be pretty shots so far, I do think replacement is an option Robz and schadd could maybe consider...

This is their reaction to Dylan quickly becoming a viable vote.

And everyone goes silent.

Do you want to put forward a case on Andrew maybe?  When I was scum-reading him earlier, neither you nor Dylan seemed that interested, which worries me slightly.

This is scummy from Space.

Archive.. here for ~10 mins. I'm willing to follow the claimed PRs of they agree on a lynch.. is Dylan a go?

Their response to the Dylan wagon.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
Re: M97: intrigue and treason and stuff (schadnd II) (D3)
« Reply #755 on: April 10, 2017, 01:28:11 pm »

First of all, I apologise. 64 posts in 3 game days is appalling from me. I think Space is town. Town that's annoyed because nobody has contributed that much this game. Which is a totally legit assessment of the game.

thread locked

D2 Final Vote Count

JaketheBaseballGod22 (2): Dylan32, SpaceAnemone
Dylan32 (4): JaketheBaseballGod22, Joseph2302, AndrewisFTTW, Robz888
AndrewisFTTW (1): gkrieg13

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Day 2 ends Saturday, April 1st at 6pm forum time.
So Space was off-wagon yesterday, Andrew was 3rd on it, and Robz hammered it. There's probably a bus there, which leans me towards Andrew, as he voted earlier, which scum tend to do.

I'm not sure how this long post seemed to go through Dylan not liking me into me being the goon. Logic seems severely flawed to me.

I was townie and around when it counted: lynching scum Dylan. You ended the day voting for the Doctor, if I remember correctly...

One townie act in the game, that would be super-easy for a bussing scum player to perform for town-cred... you can see why I'm sceptical, right?

I think it should be fairly straightforward to deduce that I am likely town at this point.

Why?  What townie things have you done?

Besides being a pivotal vote for Dylan instead of Andrew? I think you'll find my play here mirrors almost exactly my play from Mafia 96, which is now over, in which I was also a Vanilla Townie.
True but if you are good, you chose one scum over another. Or you could be scum choosing scum over town for the cred. Like I already suggested.

This could be taken a couple of ways:

If he's scum, he would've been testing the waters on a mislynch of Gkrieg and me. Gkrieg and me didn't work out, so he was about to hammer Jake until he claimed. He then votes his partner but switches back to me even after he says he narrowly prefers Dylan. So I guess he would be doing this so he could say he was one of the original people to push Dylan's lynch in case he gets lynched (which he did say today already), but he still wants to try someone else, hence the sheeping of Gkrieg and the vote on me. He only hammers Dylan when it's clear nobody else is getting lynched.

Town!Robz doesn't have any solid reads by deadline. He has changed his mind about SA, had a slight scum read on Gkrieg but no real case on him, and so it doesn't really matter to him who is lynched. He votes for Gkrieg but sees there's no support for a Gkrieg lynch, so he tries a wagon on me since Gkrieg is pushing it, etc. etc.

I think Robz is capable of either of these scenarios, but I think the town one makes a little more sense, especially since he wasn't around for most of the day and thus it would've been harder to create reads. And scum!Robz would still have to back up his reads with something. Scum doesn't just randomly pick a member of town and completely fabricate a case, there's usually some truth as to whether they think something is scummy or not and they go off of that. Instead, Robz just laid it out on the table and said he didn't really have any solid reads and the couple reads he did have weren't based on much. I believe him. I also think the way he acted towards Dylan at the end of yesterday doesn't really make sense if they were partners. I think he would either have a solid townread on him or a solid scumread. He would either be completely against the lynch or all for it. Instead he's kind of all over the place. So I don't see the scum narrative for it.
So Andrew think Robz is town? That's confusing, since I'm reasonably sure they aren't both town.

Last game, schadd read me really well and was town, though I didn't believe him. So in the spirit of making up for that, I'm going to town read Andrew for reading me well here.

If gkrieg's quite sure it's not Joseph, and decides to vote Andrew, would you sheep the IC?

Scum read: increasing.
An interesting question, and a decent enough response from Robz. Slight town read, as scum!Robz probably cares less about who is lynched (so long as it isn't him)

I really don't think Space is scum, by the way. Which means the only options are Andrew or Joseph.

I'll actually lynch either one of them, I guess, as long as we commit to lynching both of them in some order. We have enough days left to do that.
Ditto the same logic from my perspective. gkrieg & I are town, I'm reasonably sure Space is, so we lynch one of {Andrew, Robz} now, and lynch the other one tomorrow.

Right, so the first thing I did was to look at Dylan's play, and patterns of voting behaviour around him and the three unknowns (Andrew, Joseph, Robz).

In D1, Dylan voted Joseph at #189, and then didn't move his vote for the rest of the day. If he didn't take the opportunity to move onto the PPS wagon, I think it probably means that his partner was already on the wagon, since PPS sat at L-1 from #209 up to #279 (with a four-post break after PPS himself unvoted and before Jake joined)... if neither scum was on the wagon at that point, I think there's a strong chance one of them would have hammered. That kind of gives town points to Andrew, since Joseph and Robz were on the PPS wagon.

In D2, Robz voted for me right out of the box, and Andrew left me at L-1 from #321. I stayed there till Jake moved his vote at #379, and Dylan didn't hammer in that time. Now, Dylan, gkrieg and I had established a sort of mutual townread by then, so him hammering me might have been a bit too tricky to justify. I also think it's weak evidence for the other scum maybe also being on my tail at that point: that's either Robz or Andrew, so this time the possible-townpoints go to Joseph (who also didn't hammer me, which is also positive).

Dylan joined a Joseph wagon at #386, and I took Joseph to L-1 at #393. He didn't stop being on L-1 till gkrieg unvoted at #413, so I think that's also possibly a non-partner point for Joseph. The way Dylan moved to Jake at #439 also feels in hindsight very much like a scum looking for another mislynch opportunity now that the town wagon they're on is crumbling.

At #550, it's interesting, because Joseph puts Jake to L-1 on the wagon that Dylan started, and Jake doesn't get hammered by the other scum, so that's a bit of a scum-point for Joseph. OTOH, Robz does post intent in there at #553.

There's a lot going on after that, which is a deadline thing in general, but also a common thing Robz does to confuse town when he's scum. He's more noncommittal about the whole Andrew vs Dylan thing than he implies after the fact, really, because while he seems to say he's more open to lynching Dylan than lynching Andrew, his actions are kind of delay tactics, because he doesn't just pick Dylan and run with it, he comes in late and hammers.

Okay, so that ended up a bit more general than a pure Dylan voting re-read, but I feel pretty confident that my scumminess ordering goes Robz > Andrew > Joseph at this point.
So Dylan voted for me a lot, which makes me seem towny? Seems decent enough to me.

Okay, so this is going to be 10-min exercise in picking out things that make me uncomfortable about Andrew's play, since he's complaining there's no scum narrative for what he's done.

1) Ho opens with a load of nonsense stuff, like voting a non-existent player and voting his one stated townread. That kind of play is really just designed to signal that he's a player we might not get straight answers from, and to me it's a bad first impression.

2) There's also the "I'll be here making stupid comments in the meantime." thing at #83. Weirdly, he seemed to be talking some sense in between. Oh, and then #90: "And NOW I will resume the stupid comments." He's definitely working to establish himself as the type of person who won't let people take things too seriously, and as someone who prefers to take things seriously, he's really ringing my warning bells. None of this is directly scummy. Maybe it just explains some omgus on my part. I did deliberately say I'm looking for things that make me uncomfortable (rather than things that are definitely scum-indicative).

3) #127 -- talks about reading M88, which was covert affairs, and seems to be trying to bait Jake slightly. This is not pro-town.

4) He's making a few slight pushes at Jake. #219 is another one.

5) #252: backs Robz's entirely wrong interpretation of why I was trying to question Jake.

6) #294: still legitimizing Robz's lies about me!

7) #321: Makes up a whole narrative about why I was voting for PPS, which is utterly wrong. This was no case of "here's a scum narrative and here's a town narrative", it was a pure "SA did this set of things and look isn't it scummy" narrative. Votes for me, putting me up to an unannounced L-1.

8 ) #338: Tries to find a load of things to disagree with in what I've been saying. Seems to lose interest when I show that I'm making actual sense, but he doesn't move his vote.

9) #345: This is deliberate taunting! That post felt very annoying, because he's clearly flaunting the fact that he has the power to unvote, but has "chosen" not to pay any attention to my predicament. Then apologises about the L-1 without doing anything about the vote, which very much just rubs it in. The line a few posts later about "Speaking of slow, the line in this museum is ridiculous" (#351) seems designed for much the same effect of showing off about how much he's deliberately ignoring the fact I'm actually worried about being left at L-1. This is definitely not a pleasant or concerned townie way to play.

10) #371: Still deliberately voting.

11) #375: Now we add condescending to the list...

12) #400: partial case on gkrieg.

13) #427: Reacts with a snarky "sure, single me out" response when I ask why nobody was considering Andrew in the question of whether to lynch Robz or Jake. It genuinely seemed like both Dylan and gkrieg had just forgotten about Andrew's existence in their PoE. In Dylan's case, he's engineered his narrative so that he's only talking about the on-wagon set, so neatly gets to leave Andrew off. The fact that Andrew himself didn't see the clear fact that he was missing from any of this could actually be a bit of a scumslip, since in his mind as scum, he'd only be trying to frame people who're actually town.

14) #432: Urgh, why does he keep picking at me in a critical way. It's not like I don't justify every single thing he picks at. It just feels like he's trying to find something to frame me with, having realised that he can make me annoyed and defensive, since I already know I tend to get mislynched more often when I get defensive (but it's a hard habit to break).

15) #484: reads Jake's post as a townslip. This would be easier to do for a scum who knows for sure that Jake is town, since to town it actually doesn't look much like a townslip at all. Even Dylan picked up on that a few posts later.

Anyway, it's been way more than 10 mins, and I really have to go to bed now, so I'll finish this another time if more scumreadable things are required. I'm not going to be posting much tomorrow because I'll be in London restricted to phone posting while doing fun stuff for my birthday :-) Home on Sunday afternoon sometime.
Some pretty good arguments there. I kind of agree with a number of them. Andrew has been contributing a lot, but some of the posts have been leaning in the scummy direction.
And a lot of what Andrew has done in the last 2-3 days has been super-defensive.

PPE: 7? (all of gkriegs)
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: April 10, 2017, 01:28:48 pm »

Alright then, next time I'm town I'll make sure to not put any effort into the game whatsoever. Maybe everyone will townread me then!

That's not fair! Joseph is doing that and I'm scum reading him.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: April 10, 2017, 01:30:30 pm »

That might be one of the worst (as in least in-depth), quickest rereads of a game I've done.

However, I think the only 2 possible scum candidates are Andrew & Robz.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I prefer Andrew lynch today.
If I'm wrong, then Robz lynch tomorrow would win it for us too.

Alright then, next time I'm town I'll make sure to not put any effort into the game whatsoever. Maybe everyone will townread me then!

I'm not delibrately doing it.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: April 10, 2017, 01:31:10 pm »

Vote: Andrew is my preference

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: April 10, 2017, 01:32:30 pm »

The scumslip looks more like an actual scumslip in hindsight.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M97: intrigue and treason and stuff (schadnd II) (lesgo!)
« Reply #760 on: April 10, 2017, 01:32:43 pm »

Honestly to me all of these votes are scummy. As scummy as I find Robz's vote, he is the ONLY ONE TO PROVIDE A REASON FOR VOTING PPS. Obviously not everyone on the wagon is scum. So I just want those who are town on the wagon to know that there is nothing about this wagon that was pro-town. It makes it more difficult for us to analyze the wagon and scumhunt and thus could very well lead to more mislynches. But enough berating, although I do hope you all feel bad now.

Out of all of these I find SA's and Joseph's votes to be the scummiest. SA's vote was RVS and they never even commented on pps's "claim" besides joking about it as a reason to join his wagon. So SA pretty much voted randomly, encouraged more random votes, and then just went along with the wagon because hey, as long as they're town it's totally cool if they get lynched right?

Joseph's vote.... uhhhh.... well there's nothing to go off of besides a vote. Also while rereading I found this:

She's a bit scummy

This is slightly scummy from Andrew.  Just saying that everyone on the PPS wagon was scummy because he can conveniently cast doubt on everyone on the wagon while keeping doubt off of Dylan.

I guess what I should've said is "anti-town" instead of "scummy". I didn't find everyone on the wagon scummy, I just thought the votes themselves didn't give us any information that could help us find scum later.

No no no! This wasn't directed towards anyone else! I just meant for me personally.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: April 10, 2017, 01:34:18 pm »

And yes Joseph I'm super defensive. I can't help it! I even tried to not be so defensive this game and it didn't work, it's just how I play. I even linked to a couple games earlier where I was very defensive as town.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: April 10, 2017, 01:37:28 pm »

I don't think I want to lynch Andrew anymore.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: April 10, 2017, 01:37:41 pm »

So Space was off-wagon yesterday, Andrew was 3rd on it, and Robz hammered it. There's probably a bus there, which leans me towards Andrew, as he voted earlier, which scum tend to do.

??

You mean the rolecop thing? Still not really buying it.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: April 10, 2017, 01:39:23 pm »

??

You mean the rolecop thing? Still not really buying it.

Yes, the role cop thing. Also, looking again, Dylan's interactions with Joseph about the scumslip seem very scummy. Like, Dylan kind of obsesses over it, votes Joseph over it, argues that Joseph is scum, but Joseph doesn't really fight back against Dylan. That could just be because of how checked out Joseph was, I guess, but I'm betting not.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: April 10, 2017, 01:43:27 pm »

Gkrieg, can I ask you to read Dylan and Joseph's posts from #386 thru #439 and see if you pick up on them being partners?

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 10, 2017, 03:37:50 pm »

Request: Vote Count

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 10, 2017, 03:45:43 pm »

Request: Vote Count

Robz is voting for Joseph.
Joseph is voting for Andrew.
Andrew is voting for Space.

gkrieg and Space are not voting.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 10, 2017, 03:47:45 pm »

Time to get moving, people. Better to lynch wrong then not lynch at all. Not voting right now is not good.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 10, 2017, 03:49:07 pm »

Gkrieg, can I ask you to read Dylan and Joseph's posts from #386 thru #439 and see if you pick up on them being partners?

Can you look at his townslip on the LaLight kill and tell me he faked it as scum?

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
Re: M97: intrigue and treason and stuff (schadnd II) (N1)
« Reply #770 on: April 10, 2017, 03:55:54 pm »

Vote Count 3.5

AndrewisFTTW (1): Joseph2302
SpaceAnemone (1): AndrewisFTTW
Joseph2302 (1): Robz888

not voting (2): SpaceAnemone, gkrieg13

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch. Day 3 ends Monday, April 10th at 6pm forum time. this is in 2hr
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 10, 2017, 03:57:34 pm »

Can you look at his townslip on the LaLight kill and tell me he faked it as scum?

Where? What post?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 10, 2017, 03:58:25 pm »

Gkrieg, I have no idea what you are referring to, this alleged Joseph "townslip" relating to LL. I see you reference it later, but I can't actually find it.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 10, 2017, 04:01:55 pm »

I have looked and looked and I can't find a post where Joseph slips, in any way, regarding LL.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: April 10, 2017, 04:02:36 pm »

I don't know how much longer I'm going to be around, people.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38  All

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 17 queries.