Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 38  All

Author Topic: M97: intrigue and treason and stuff (schadnd II) (it ended)  (Read 96986 times)

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
Re: M97: intrigue and treason and stuff (schadnd II) (D2)
« Reply #450 on: March 31, 2017, 03:38:12 pm »

Jake, why do you think SA has been scummy? I just reread trying to find your reasons, and one mention of it was that you disagreed with one of their posts about Robz and the other you just quoted a post and said this is scummy but didn't explain why you thought so.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 31, 2017, 04:00:37 pm »

Jake, why do you think SA has been scummy? I just reread trying to find your reasons, and one mention of it was that you disagreed with one of their posts about Robz and the other you just quoted a post and said this is scummy but didn't explain why you thought so.
The post about robz was SA saying that he is scum because he disagreed with the everyone claiming results thing and whereas I thought that showed robz as more towny. Another thing was when the space wagon was going space's main defense was that he was towny because he was "not the biggest scum threat" and then when i replied with this

So I just reread Joseph and Robz, and there isn't a whole lot from either. Robz came off slightly scummier, but he is VLA, so unless more people think he would actually be a good lynch right now, unvote.  I would vote for Joseph, but I am comfortable waiting for his promised post tonight to give him a chance, since it was mostly just a lack of content.  Andrew's last post is slightly scummy. I don't know why town would be comfortable with a slow pace most of the time. Gkrieg's case on Jake makes sense too. Jake, post more.

It is also strange that Jake hasn't posted since I explained my vote on him, when he has been online.
Well I just jumped online although my computer is always on which might explain why but just because I'm trying to play a more slower game so that I'm not lynched D-1.
Oh and sorry for the unannounced L-1, I didn't notice. I keep forgetting there are only 7 of us in this game right now.

... so you're celebrating the nice slow pace of the game as an excuse not to engage, and just to leave your vote at L-1? Like you genuinely believe I'm the biggest scum threat here right now?

And since there are only 7 of us in the game, it means people have to talk more, not less!
ummmm just because your not "the biggest scum threat in this game right now" (not sure about this) doesn't mean your not scum. Also gkrieg your case is true but just because I've been scum the last two games since i changed my play style doesn't mean I'm scum this game so really the case is invalid.

he then says that any town players who are voting for him are playing bad

ummmm just because your not "the biggest scum threat in this game right now" (not sure about this) doesn't mean your not scum.

I'm the person who's one vote away from being lynched right now, thanks specifically to Andrew. He can just about get away with putting me to an unannounced L-1 by claiming this is his careless laid-back game-play and he didn't realise. However leaving me there now that he's admitted he's fully aware that it's L-1, is not good play for town at all unless he actually thinks I'm really a threat. OTOH, if he's scum waiting for a derphammer, it makes much more sense.

Also, I think gkreig's point about your retort not coming from a very towny-seeming place is also accurate.

Also he and gkrieg (my main scum read) have agreed on almost every issue or topic of conversation in the game. Seems like the main possible gkrieg scum partner to me.

Also when you go back to D1 SA at the start was one of the main pushers toward the PPS wagon but toward the end he tryed to distance himself from the wagon

You guys really want to hammer right this second? This game has been going for like 2 days.
we should just get D1 out of the way asap and if PPS wants to volunteer to end it then he can go ahead and do it.

How much information do you think PPS's flip will give us now, compared to letting D1 run its course more completely and generating a bunch more interactions between players who may or may not then get flipped later?

How likely do you think it is that he'll flip scum if someone hammers now?

Right after it seems like he's distanced himself enough his scum buddy gkrieg hammer's PPS while SA is still on wagon
That is why I think he is scum
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 31, 2017, 04:19:53 pm »

The post about robz was SA saying that he is scum because he disagreed with the everyone claiming results thing and whereas I thought that showed robz as more towny. Another thing was when the space wagon was going space's main defense was that he was towny because he was "not the biggest scum threat" and then when i replied with this

So I just reread Joseph and Robz, and there isn't a whole lot from either. Robz came off slightly scummier, but he is VLA, so unless more people think he would actually be a good lynch right now, unvote.  I would vote for Joseph, but I am comfortable waiting for his promised post tonight to give him a chance, since it was mostly just a lack of content.  Andrew's last post is slightly scummy. I don't know why town would be comfortable with a slow pace most of the time. Gkrieg's case on Jake makes sense too. Jake, post more.

It is also strange that Jake hasn't posted since I explained my vote on him, when he has been online.
Well I just jumped online although my computer is always on which might explain why but just because I'm trying to play a more slower game so that I'm not lynched D-1.
Oh and sorry for the unannounced L-1, I didn't notice. I keep forgetting there are only 7 of us in this game right now.

... so you're celebrating the nice slow pace of the game as an excuse not to engage, and just to leave your vote at L-1? Like you genuinely believe I'm the biggest scum threat here right now?

And since there are only 7 of us in the game, it means people have to talk more, not less!
ummmm just because your not "the biggest scum threat in this game right now" (not sure about this) doesn't mean your not scum. Also gkrieg your case is true but just because I've been scum the last two games since i changed my play style doesn't mean I'm scum this game so really the case is invalid.

ummmm just because your not "the biggest scum threat in this game right now" (not sure about this) doesn't mean your not scum.

I'm the person who's one vote away from being lynched right now, thanks specifically to Andrew. He can just about get away with putting me to an unannounced L-1 by claiming this is his careless laid-back game-play and he didn't realise. However leaving me there now that he's admitted he's fully aware that it's L-1, is not good play for town at all unless he actually thinks I'm really a threat. OTOH, if he's scum waiting for a derphammer, it makes much more sense.

Also, I think gkreig's point about your retort not coming from a very towny-seeming place is also accurate.

Also he and gkrieg (my main scum read) have agreed on almost every issue or topic of conversation in the game. Seems like the main possible gkrieg scum partner to me.

Also when you go back to D1 SA at the start was one of the main pushers toward the PPS wagon but toward the end he tryed to distance himself from the wagon

You guys really want to hammer right this second? This game has been going for like 2 days.
we should just get D1 out of the way asap and if PPS wants to volunteer to end it then he can go ahead and do it.

How much information do you think PPS's flip will give us now, compared to letting D1 run its course more completely and generating a bunch more interactions between players who may or may not then get flipped later?

Right after it seems like he's distanced himself enough his scum buddy gkrieg hammer's PPS while SA is still on wagon

Disagreeing about a read isn't really enough to justify a scum read.

I think gkrieg would actually be less likely to agree with a partner on most things, so I would be more likely to assume at most one of gkrieg and Space are scum, in the case that I'm wrong about both being town.

If town doesn't think Space is the most likely person to be scum, I agree that carelessly being put and left at L-1 really early in D2 after the crappy D1 that we had is kind of bad play for town, so whether Space is scum or not, they had a point there. If you do think Space is the most likely person to be scum, then there wouldn't really be anything wrong with your play there.

Space has already discussed their positioning and stuff on the wagon, so go back and read it and see what you think.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 31, 2017, 04:30:03 pm »

Disagreeing about a read isn't really enough to justify a scum read.

I think gkrieg would actually be less likely to agree with a partner on most things, so I would be more likely to assume at most one of gkrieg and Space are scum, in the case that I'm wrong about both being town.

If town doesn't think Space is the most likely person to be scum, I agree that carelessly being put and left at L-1 really early in D2 after the crappy D1 that we had is kind of bad play for town, so whether Space is scum or not, they had a point there. If you do think Space is the most likely person to be scum, then there wouldn't really be anything wrong with your play there.

Space has already discussed their positioning and stuff on the wagon, so go back and read it and see what you think.
They disagreed early D1 and then did agree later on
I still think he's scum after rereading that.
Baseball For Life

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 31, 2017, 04:40:34 pm »

I actually think I was the one to diffuse both the SA and the Joseph wagons IIRC.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 31, 2017, 04:42:06 pm »

I actually think I was the one to diffuse both the SA and the Joseph wagons IIRC.

I don't remember about SA, but you definitely were the one that stopped the Joseph wagon, which I still am not sure was a good thing.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 31, 2017, 04:52:51 pm »

I don't remember about SA, but you definitely were the one that stopped the Joseph wagon, which I still am not sure was a good thing.

I'm still pretty certain that he isn't scum.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 31, 2017, 05:01:18 pm »

Request: Vote Count
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 31, 2017, 05:01:46 pm »

So you want to mislynch me? Seems scummy.
No actual reasons given

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 31, 2017, 05:04:32 pm »

Some thoughts:

1. pingpongsam - dead town
2. Joseph2302 - definitely town
3. JaketheBaseballGod22 - not sure
4. Robz888 - posting is lacking
5. Dylan32 - leaning towards scum as intent to mislynching me it seems
6. gkrieg13 - I think town. I'm such an easy mislynch, and he's not taking that option.
7. LaLight - dead town
8. SpaceAnemone - not sure, now leaning marginally town
9. AndrewisFTTW - not sure

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 31, 2017, 05:10:42 pm »

Some thoughts:

6. gkrieg13 - I think town. I'm such an easy mislynch, and he's not taking that option.
7. LaLight - dead town

Uh, those aren't very strong reads, and they are all based off if people wanted to vote for you or not...

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 31, 2017, 05:12:21 pm »

Some thoughts:

7. LaLight - dead town

Uh, those aren't very strong reads, and they are all based off if people wanted to vote for you or not...
Pretty sure Space spent about half of D2 wanting to lynch me?
And I'm literally a bit clueless right now.
Not much has actually happened in this game, so what the hell am I meant to be basing stuff off?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 31, 2017, 06:55:06 pm »

@Jake: I am not a he!!!

Also @Jake: my early case on Robz had a lot more to it than just not being happy about him refusing to involve himself in the claiming exercise. For instance, he kept accusing me of being against/hesitant on the PPS wagon (!), and ignored at least two requests by me to back up his position with examples -- and that was before he disappeared entirely from the game.

@Andrew: I did say several things about set-up earlier in the game, and nobody joined in a conversation. I can't throw setup ideas back and forth all by myself (well, not with much success or any rapid successions of new insights), though.

@gkrieg & @Dylan: if you two both feel like Jake and Robz are the lynch pool for today, I'm willing to vote either one, though I'd readout like to see Robz back in the game first!!
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 31, 2017, 06:57:10 pm »

No actual reasons given

On the contrary, this^ is scummy. I agree with Jake on SA as well but disagree about gkrieg. Just because gkrieg supposedly sheeps/agrees with SA isn't an indication he's scum. He's pretty null for me actually and I'd rather lynch one of SA or Joseph.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 31, 2017, 07:22:05 pm »

Also @Jake: my early case on Robz had a lot more to it than just not being happy about him refusing to involve himself in the claiming exercise. For instance, he kept accusing me of being against/hesitant on the PPS wagon (!), and ignored at least two requests by me to back up his position with examples -- and that was before he disappeared entirely from the game.

@Andrew: I did say several things about set-up earlier in the game, and nobody joined in a conversation. I can't throw setup ideas back and forth all by myself (well, not with much success or any rapid successions of new insights), though.

@gkrieg & @Dylan: if you two both feel like Jake and Robz are the lynch pool for today, I'm willing to vote either one, though I'd readout like to see Robz back in the game first!!
sorry but your still scum Vote: SA only because it looks like gkrieg is not happening.
SA role?
Baseball For Life

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: March 31, 2017, 07:28:42 pm »

No actual reasons given

First, you trying to act like I haven't given reasons for wanting to lynch you is scummy.
Second, if gkrieg had convinced me that you were actually town, I would not still support lynching you. However, he did not. He just made enough people seem to think you weren't the best lynch that I decided to consider other people since lynching you seemed unlikely to happen right now. Despite this, I still see you as scummy.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 31, 2017, 07:32:26 pm »

sorry but your still scum Vote: SA only because it looks like gkrieg is not happening.
SA role?

Unannounced L-1 and demand for claim right here ^

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 31, 2017, 07:39:17 pm »

SA role?

Isn't that what you ask for at L-1 before you lynch someone and sorry but i thought it was L-2 but i guess not (which i'm fine with)
Baseball For Life

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 31, 2017, 07:42:53 pm »

SA role?

Isn't that what you ask for at L-1 before you lynch someone and sorry but i thought it was L-2 but i guess not (which i'm fine with)

I really haven't seen many people actually ask for the claim in the same post that they voted.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 31, 2017, 07:44:45 pm »

SA role?

I really haven't seen many people actually ask for the claim in the same post that they voted.
Why not it saves cluttering the thread. Also why does that matter?
Baseball For Life

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 31, 2017, 07:49:01 pm »

SA role?

I don't know. I was just pointing it out. I was going to call you out for the unannounced L-1 and noticed the request for a claim so I included that.  Anyway, claims are just sort of assumed to happen at L-1 when someone intends to hammer, so to vote and immediately be like "claim now" before you even know if anyone would actually hammer now seems slightly off.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 31, 2017, 08:00:54 pm »

SA role?

I don't know. I was just pointing it out. I was going to call you out for the unannounced L-1 and noticed the request for a claim so I included that.  Anyway, claims are just sort of assumed to happen at L-1 when someone intends to hammer, so to vote and immediately be like "claim now" before you even know if anyone would actually hammer now seems slightly off.
While I mean deadlines tomorrow so kind of urgent circumstances.
Baseball For Life

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 31, 2017, 08:10:11 pm »

SA role?

Most lynches are pretty close to the deadline and aren't several calendar days early like D1 of this game, so this isn't anything unusual.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 31, 2017, 08:14:16 pm »

SA role?

Most lynches are pretty close to the deadline and aren't several calendar days early like D1 of this game, so this isn't anything unusual.
It's not unusual but still urgent.
Baseball For Life

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 31, 2017, 10:50:21 pm »

I would advise to wait for intent before you claim.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 38  All

Page created in 0.648 seconds with 20 queries.