Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 190  All

Author Topic: M31: Modern Community - Mafia + Survivor wins!  (Read 396229 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: M31: Modern Community (Day 2!)
« Reply #2650 on: October 01, 2013, 08:30:46 pm »

Robz, are you familiar with LOTR 2?

Nope, not remotely. Just played ROT1.

I mean LOTR1.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

bocaJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: October 01, 2013, 08:35:48 pm »

OK, Caught up.

I'm going to unvote (mail-mi still remains at L-1)

I'm fine with the mail-mi lynch. There's a lot already mentioned that could make him look scummy. I'll also point out that he himself threw the first scum accusation (at me!) - in fact, it was his very first post when the game started. I'll also just note that in his claim, he never explicitly stated if he was town or not, simple that he had a role blocking ability. When pressed, he doesn't deny being scum with that ability, but simply posits that scum!mail-mi would not have admitted the ability at all if he were scum. When I'm playing scum in a deception game like this, my favorite way to lie is to state half-facts, so actually I do think that this is an entirely plausible thing for scum to do.

My only hesitation is that all my other scum reads were also quick to get on this bandwagon.

Finally, I'll note that I would be OK with an EFHW lynch too, if we decide not to go with mail-mi.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: October 01, 2013, 08:43:34 pm »

I mean LOTR1.

Robz, go give LOTR 2 a targeted search (print screen, ctrl-F) for what's at issue here, and note that mail-mi, shraeye, and I were scumpartners.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: October 01, 2013, 08:51:03 pm »

I mean LOTR1.

Robz, go give LOTR 2 a targeted search (print screen, ctrl-F) for what's at issue here, and note that mail-mi, shraeye, and I were scumpartners.

Okay, anything particular to look at? Just kinda search mail-mi?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: October 01, 2013, 08:53:49 pm »

OK, Caught up.

I'm going to unvote (mail-mi still remains at L-1)

I'm fine with the mail-mi lynch. There's a lot already mentioned that could make him look scummy. I'll also point out that he himself threw the first scum accusation (at me!) - in fact, it was his very first post when the game started. I'll also just note that in his claim, he never explicitly stated if he was town or not, simple that he had a role blocking ability. When pressed, he doesn't deny being scum with that ability, but simply posits that scum!mail-mi would not have admitted the ability at all if he were scum. When I'm playing scum in a deception game like this, my favorite way to lie is to state half-facts, so actually I do think that this is an entirely plausible thing for scum to do.
1. RVS, man. (Stands for Random Voting Stage--It was a joke.) 2. I am a STUDY GROUP 1-shot Roleblocker. 3. I am NOT a scum 1-shot Roleblocker. Srsly, these are worse reasons than I usually come up with.

Reads coming soon.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: October 01, 2013, 08:57:43 pm »

I mean LOTR1.

Did the read. Voltgloss--I know what you mean, now. This might change things.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: October 01, 2013, 09:00:43 pm »

Players:
1.  Eevee--Is a survivor or scum.
2.  Robz888--Is horribly wrong on me, have a null-to-slightly-scummy read.
3.  Voltgloss - Lily Tucker-Pritchett, Innocent Child
4.  mail-mi--TOWN (this clear enough for ya, bocaJ?)
5.  chairs--Actions don't make sense, explanations do. Mostly town.
6.  Twistedarcher--Different than normal, and semi-defending me, like in RMM8, where he was scum and I town. Slight scum.
7.  shraeye - Luke Dunphy, Magician (Enabled Ninja Mafia Goon) - Killed N1
8.  Galzria--Done some good things, done some bad things (hidden case on me.) Nullish
9.  Voltaire--My read fluctuates here all the time. Null
10. Mcmcsalot - Jeff Winger, Study Group Leader (Day Lynchproofer and Night Captain) - Lynched D1
11. Sudgy--Doctor claim makes no sense, most likely liar out of claimers. Slight scum.
12. EFHW--Nullish-to-slight-scummy
13. WalrusMcFishSr-- Townie-nullish, mostly becasue of claim and high-content posts.
14. ahoppy--Lurking a lot, but just moved and very high in content. Townish
15. Archetype--Null
16. nkirbit - Jay Pritchett, Mean Father-in-Law (Macho Townie) - Killed N1
17. Dsell--2nd highest scum read, comes from Voltaire stuff.
18. bocaJ--Null, claim was believable, but of course that could still come from scum, and lurking.
19. Faust--IS SCUM.
20. xeiron - Shirley Bennett, Moral Compass (Forced-Claim Cop) - Modkilled D1
21. Liopoil >>> Jorbles--Jorbles is null, and liopoil wasn't very scummy, a little bit.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: October 01, 2013, 09:03:28 pm »

I'm waiting for Galz to say whether he concurs with me--I suspect he will--but yes, our specific, secret case against mail-mi seems to have been erroneous. Thanks for helping, Voltgloss.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: October 01, 2013, 09:04:20 pm »

I'm waiting for Galz to say whether he concurs with me--I suspect he will--but yes, our specific, secret case against mail-mi seems to have been erroneous. Thanks for helping, Voltgloss.
Good. Now will you please get off of this mislynch and vote for mr. scum, aka Faust?

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: October 01, 2013, 09:04:27 pm »

No problem, Robz.

Vote: Archetype

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: October 01, 2013, 09:05:02 pm »

Good. Now will you please get off of this mislynch and vote for mr. scum, aka Faust?

I still need to reread faust, and I will. 

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: October 01, 2013, 09:05:28 pm »

Unvote, although this does not mean mail-mi is acquitted.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: October 01, 2013, 09:06:19 pm »

Why are you so certain faust is scum?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: October 01, 2013, 09:09:31 pm »

Eh, unvote for now. That didn't exactly work out well.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: October 01, 2013, 09:12:05 pm »

It's scummy but I'm not scum! scumtell, he doesn't feel the same as NMIV, early-bus shraeye then townread, it's D2 of a 21 man game, he's our best shot. Why are (were) you so convinced of Voltaire?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: October 01, 2013, 09:12:23 pm »

It's scummy but I'm not scum! scumtell, he doesn't feel the same as NMIV, early-bus shraeye then townread, it's D2 of a 21 man game, he's our best shot. Why are (were) you so convinced of Voltaire?
Addition: jumping reads.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: October 01, 2013, 09:14:09 pm »

Addition: jumping reads.

Jumping reads is not scummy. Don't know about NMIV. The other stuff sounds solid.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: October 01, 2013, 09:18:22 pm »

Why are (were) you so convinced of Voltaire?

The evidence against Voltaire, based on his own statements, given here for the final time, because I'm sick of saying it.

Here is where he has his moment of truth driven by his frustration toward me:

Voltgloss, nay. I will not move to EFHW, given my re-read of her and VOltaire's support of it.

Seriously dude, what if there's two scum teams? Stop tunneling me. I think she's scum. Even if you think I'm scum that doesn't mean you shouldn't vote for her.

Day 2 begins, and he immediately starts gloating about how sure he was that shraeye was scum. Also some town cheerleading that seems fake and premature:

Hey, I'm always right about shraeye! (because of confirmation bias, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) so that's cool. Unfortunately I was also right about mcmc. But that's fine.

Is Galz an IC now? Unless someone else claims Enabler, that's how I see it.

I'll need to re-read with our flips now. I actually feel really freaking good about town's chances right now.

Oh and also, whats this "I was right about shraeye!" nonsense?

Directed at Voltaire^

Wasn't I the first to be suspicious of him? And then I pointed out he scumlurked his way out of suspicion? And Galz said I was changing the subject? It feels nice to be right. Not like I was 100% sure obviously.

I agree TA feels off. Disappointed we're moving even closer to full flavor claiming again.

Here's where he assumes a 5-man scum team, something you can really only assume if you are yourself the Serial Killer. I agree, by the way, that a 5-man scum team is a fine guess even to make even from a non-Serial Killer, by the way. So this would not be an incriminating statement in and of itself. However it fits the other things.

I'm sorry, what case? All I see is me being PoE'd by Galz. Did I miss a case being made on me?

Note that I am also POEing you. That's the case on you.

I don't want to lynch you today because shraeye came after you. Could have been an attempt to give both of you cred. But in a 5-man scum team (my assumption until something proves otherwise), not everyone on the team will have bussed everyone.

These statements come amidst a general strategy of relentlessly sheeping the IC and being pro-active and pro-town. This is, I think, a good strategy for the Serial Killer--always stay on the IC's good side, and do legitimate scum hunting. And Voltaire is a good player, he can do these things well and appear townie.

And again, we know that one of these three things are true:

1. There is a non-mafia scum faction
2. There is a Vig who shot on Night 1
3. Something weird and unpredictable killed shraeye, like a latent ability like bocaj claims to have

Option 3 is of course possible, but should probably just be discounted, because we already know of someone who does this, and that person admitted it publicly, and shraeye probably wouldn't have targeted him then.

So, Option 2 or Option 1. For Option 2 to have happened, someone ignored my oft-repeated insistence never to shoot night 1 as Vig. I wouldn't be surprised if someone did that but I would be surprised if Voltaire did that, because he's a fairly competent player. And I think Voltaire very likely to have killed shraeye for the reasons he himself pointed out.

Therefore, Option 1 seems exceedingly likely.

It's not ironclad. It's pretty strong though, I'm surprised it's getting like zero support.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: October 01, 2013, 09:19:53 pm »

Biggest thing I remember about NMIV is that the entire speccy (myself included) was convinced that chairs and faust were scum... and we were dead wrong.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: October 01, 2013, 09:24:28 pm »

Why are (were) you so convinced of Voltaire?

The evidence against Voltaire, based on his own statements, given here for the final time, because I'm sick of saying it.

Here is where he has his moment of truth driven by his frustration toward me:

Voltgloss, nay. I will not move to EFHW, given my re-read of her and VOltaire's support of it.

Seriously dude, what if there's two scum teams? Stop tunneling me. I think she's scum. Even if you think I'm scum that doesn't mean you shouldn't vote for her.

Day 2 begins, and he immediately starts gloating about how sure he was that shraeye was scum. Also some town cheerleading that seems fake and premature:

Hey, I'm always right about shraeye! (because of confirmation bias, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) so that's cool. Unfortunately I was also right about mcmc. But that's fine.

Is Galz an IC now? Unless someone else claims Enabler, that's how I see it.

I'll need to re-read with our flips now. I actually feel really freaking good about town's chances right now.

Oh and also, whats this "I was right about shraeye!" nonsense?

Directed at Voltaire^

Wasn't I the first to be suspicious of him? And then I pointed out he scumlurked his way out of suspicion? And Galz said I was changing the subject? It feels nice to be right. Not like I was 100% sure obviously.

I agree TA feels off. Disappointed we're moving even closer to full flavor claiming again.

Here's where he assumes a 5-man scum team, something you can really only assume if you are yourself the Serial Killer. I agree, by the way, that a 5-man scum team is a fine guess even to make even from a non-Serial Killer, by the way. So this would not be an incriminating statement in and of itself. However it fits the other things.

I'm sorry, what case? All I see is me being PoE'd by Galz. Did I miss a case being made on me?

Note that I am also POEing you. That's the case on you.

I don't want to lynch you today because shraeye came after you. Could have been an attempt to give both of you cred. But in a 5-man scum team (my assumption until something proves otherwise), not everyone on the team will have bussed everyone.

These statements come amidst a general strategy of relentlessly sheeping the IC and being pro-active and pro-town. This is, I think, a good strategy for the Serial Killer--always stay on the IC's good side, and do legitimate scum hunting. And Voltaire is a good player, he can do these things well and appear townie.

And again, we know that one of these three things are true:

1. There is a non-mafia scum faction
2. There is a Vig who shot on Night 1
3. Something weird and unpredictable killed shraeye, like a latent ability like bocaj claims to have

Option 3 is of course possible, but should probably just be discounted, because we already know of someone who does this, and that person admitted it publicly, and shraeye probably wouldn't have targeted him then.

So, Option 2 or Option 1. For Option 2 to have happened, someone ignored my oft-repeated insistence never to shoot night 1 as Vig. I wouldn't be surprised if someone did that but I would be surprised if Voltaire did that, because he's a fairly competent player. And I think Voltaire very likely to have killed shraeye for the reasons he himself pointed out.

Therefore, Option 1 seems exceedingly likely.

It's not ironclad. It's pretty strong though, I'm surprised it's getting like zero support.
K thnx

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2670 on: October 01, 2013, 09:40:31 pm »

Back to Vote:Faust

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: October 01, 2013, 09:45:24 pm »

OK, now can somebody explain what the hell happened? :P Or is still super-secret even if it was likely erroneous?
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: October 01, 2013, 09:53:12 pm »

OK, now can somebody explain what the hell happened? :P Or is still super-secret even if it was likely erroneous?

No.  Still secret, and staying that way.  Sorry.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: October 01, 2013, 09:54:11 pm »

/annoyed, not elaborating.   >:(

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: October 01, 2013, 09:54:41 pm »

not about the secret, about the way this all went down. 
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 190  All

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 16 queries.