Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 190  All

Author Topic: M31: Modern Community - Mafia + Survivor wins!  (Read 401720 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
Re: M31: Modern Community (Day 2!)
« Reply #2675 on: October 01, 2013, 09:57:11 pm »

Yes. I hope you guys explain post-game if you don't now.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: October 01, 2013, 10:00:07 pm »

Vote Count 2.17:

Walrus (1): AHoppy
EFHW (1): Walrus
faust (4): Jorbles, mail-mi, Twistedarcher, Archetype
mail-mi (5): Galzira, sudgy, chairs, Voltaire, Eevee
Archetype (1): Voltgloss

Not Voting (4): dsell, EFHW, bocaJ, Robz, faust

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Day 2 ends on October 6th at 9:30 p.m.

Will Dede be at Haley's Party?

Invite Dede (9): Twistedarcher, Archetype, bocaJ, sudgy, chairs, Jorbles, Robz888, mail-mi, Voltgloss
Not Invite Dede (5): Walrus, AHoppy, Voltaire, EFHW, faust

Not Voting (3): Eevee, Galzria, Dsell

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: October 01, 2013, 10:00:47 pm »

Yes. I hope you guys explain post-game if you don't now.

Of course.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: October 01, 2013, 10:29:48 pm »

I am a STUDY GROUP 1-shot Roleblocker.

Vote: mail-mi Vote: mail-mi Vote: mail-mi Vote: mail-mi Vote: mail-mi

My PM says that I'm a "hospital administration intern (3-shot captained doctor [I just noticed that I was 3-shot, eep!])" (I'm assuming this is okay to quote this, it's in my role name).  It NEVER mentioned Study Group other than in my win condition.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: October 01, 2013, 10:31:06 pm »

I think mail-mi left it out on purpose, hoping that everybody wouldn't care and he wouldn't have to try to make something up.

Also, it actually would make a lot of sense for him to only get a single flavor name, no last name.  It's his fakeclaim.

bocaJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: October 01, 2013, 10:33:26 pm »

My PM says that I'm a "hospital administration intern (3-shot captained doctor [I just noticed that I was 3-shot, eep!])" (I'm assuming this is okay to quote this, it's in my role name).  It NEVER mentioned Study Group other than in my win condition.

I'll admit, I'm just confused, but I read his "STUDY GROUP" line as a reply to my suspicion over him never actually claiming to be study group.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: October 01, 2013, 10:36:06 pm »

I'll admit, I'm just confused, but I read his "STUDY GROUP" line as a reply to my suspicion over him never actually claiming to be study group.

Including his whole role name made it seem like he was saying what his role was.

I am 98.36% sure mail-mi is scum.  Let's lynch him.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: October 01, 2013, 11:06:14 pm »

No. I NEED an explanation before I can move on. This is a debacle and I am tired of the hiding information. Someone explain what is going on. I cannot see an explanation as to why this needs to remain secret. If mail-mi is scum, he (and his buddies) probably know EXACTLY what you are talking about, while the town members don't. The only people this is going to cloud the vision of is town members.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: October 01, 2013, 11:11:02 pm »

Players:
1.  Eevee--Is a survivor or scum.
2.  Robz888--Is horribly wrong on me, have a null-to-slightly-scummy read.
3.  Voltgloss - Lily Tucker-Pritchett, Innocent Child
4.  mail-mi--TOWN (this clear enough for ya, bocaJ?)
5.  chairs--Actions don't make sense, explanations do. Mostly town.
6.  Twistedarcher--Different than normal, and semi-defending me, like in RMM8, where he was scum and I town. Slight scum.
7.  shraeye - Luke Dunphy, Magician (Enabled Ninja Mafia Goon) - Killed N1
8.  Galzria--Done some good things, done some bad things (hidden case on me.) Nullish
9.  Voltaire--My read fluctuates here all the time. Null
10. Mcmcsalot - Jeff Winger, Study Group Leader (Day Lynchproofer and Night Captain) - Lynched D1
11. Sudgy--Doctor claim makes no sense, most likely liar out of claimers. Slight scum.
12. EFHW--Nullish-to-slight-scummy
13. WalrusMcFishSr-- Townie-nullish, mostly becasue of claim and high-content posts.
14. ahoppy--Lurking a lot, but just moved and very high in content. Townish
15. Archetype--Null
16. nkirbit - Jay Pritchett, Mean Father-in-Law (Macho Townie) - Killed N1
17. Dsell--2nd highest scum read, comes from Voltaire stuff.
18. bocaJ--Null, claim was believable, but of course that could still come from scum, and lurking.
19. Faust--IS SCUM.
20. xeiron - Shirley Bennett, Moral Compass (Forced-Claim Cop) - Modkilled D1
21. Liopoil >>> Jorbles--Jorbles is null, and liopoil wasn't very scummy, a little bit.

You really only have 3 town reads?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: October 01, 2013, 11:14:46 pm »

Vote: Robz

Robz is scummier to me than Galzria, and I am not okay one bit with what just went down.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2685 on: October 01, 2013, 11:15:09 pm »

Players:
1.  Eevee--Is a survivor or scum.
2.  Robz888--Is horribly wrong on me, have a null-to-slightly-scummy read.
3.  Voltgloss - Lily Tucker-Pritchett, Innocent Child
4.  mail-mi--TOWN (this clear enough for ya, bocaJ?)
5.  chairs--Actions don't make sense, explanations do. Mostly town.
6.  Twistedarcher--Different than normal, and semi-defending me, like in RMM8, where he was scum and I town. Slight scum.
7.  shraeye - Luke Dunphy, Magician (Enabled Ninja Mafia Goon) - Killed N1
8.  Galzria--Done some good things, done some bad things (hidden case on me.) Nullish
9.  Voltaire--My read fluctuates here all the time. Null
10. Mcmcsalot - Jeff Winger, Study Group Leader (Day Lynchproofer and Night Captain) - Lynched D1
11. Sudgy--Doctor claim makes no sense, most likely liar out of claimers. Slight scum.
12. EFHW--Nullish-to-slight-scummy
13. WalrusMcFishSr-- Townie-nullish, mostly becasue of claim and high-content posts.
14. ahoppy--Lurking a lot, but just moved and very high in content. Townish
15. Archetype--Null
16. nkirbit - Jay Pritchett, Mean Father-in-Law (Macho Townie) - Killed N1
17. Dsell--2nd highest scum read, comes from Voltaire stuff.
18. bocaJ--Null, claim was believable, but of course that could still come from scum, and lurking.
19. Faust--IS SCUM.
20. xeiron - Shirley Bennett, Moral Compass (Forced-Claim Cop) - Modkilled D1
21. Liopoil >>> Jorbles--Jorbles is null, and liopoil wasn't very scummy, a little bit.

You really only have 3 town reads?

And like 3 scum reads, and a whole lot of null. It's a big game.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: October 01, 2013, 11:23:38 pm »

TA, you're just going to have to deal with it, sorry. Just because you can't see a reason doesn't mean that there isn't a good one. Voltgloss knows it, and he's agreed that this is the case. You know he's town and not misleading you, so you'll just have to accept it, even if you don't like it.

unvote, Vote: Archetype as promised.

Voltgloss, I haven't done the things you asked me to do yet, but I trust Robz judgement on his agreement. I know what you're saying though. My only question is, do you believe, in THAT MOMENT, given word for word exactly what was said, Mail Mi's response was within reason? If so, then I'll accept that. I would HATE for him to be scum that gets away though. :P
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: October 01, 2013, 11:26:50 pm »

Ok, whatever, but this is seriously going to cloud my ability to have anywhere close to a decent read on mail-mi for the rest of the game. The fact that there's an entire case on him that I didn't know that happened then isn't true is going to make this damn difficult. If we lose this game because I don't lynch mail-mi over what happened eventually, I am going to be so upset.

This game is difficult enough when I have scum hiding information from me. When town does it too, it's near impossible. You and Robz are so much scummier to me now. I have now wasted my life re-reading mail-mi 4 times today because someone couldn't freaking say what was going on and I am NOT happy about it.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: October 01, 2013, 11:27:51 pm »

Just seriously really pissed off and put off by what happened and my will to scumhunt is 100% gone.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: October 01, 2013, 11:29:47 pm »

Ok, whatever, but this is seriously going to cloud my ability to have anywhere close to a decent read on mail-mi for the rest of the game. The fact that there's an entire case on him that I didn't know that happened then isn't true is going to make this damn difficult. If we lose this game because I don't lynch mail-mi over what happened eventually, I am going to be so upset.

This game is difficult enough when I have scum hiding information from me. When town does it too, it's near impossible. You and Robz are so much scummier to me now. I have now wasted my life re-reading mail-mi 4 times today because someone couldn't freaking say what was going on and I am NOT happy about it.

Dude, it will hurt town for us to explain it. Sorry! I promise you, once the game is over, you will get why we thought what we thought, 100%.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: October 01, 2013, 11:31:12 pm »

Does anybody else have a character with no last name? Does mail's character in the show?

My PM does not specify Study Group in the role name either. It's just part of my wincon. If Mail added it, I want to know exactly why.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: October 01, 2013, 11:40:04 pm »

he added it b/c someone accused him of not being specific enough in his claim, mentioning his role and not his alignment.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: October 01, 2013, 11:41:54 pm »

backwards jacob/mail-mi scumbuddies?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: October 01, 2013, 11:45:14 pm »

Does anybody else have a character with no last name? Does mail's character in the show?

My PM does not specify Study Group in the role name either. It's just part of my wincon. If Mail added it, I want to know exactly why.
Nope.

Do you want me to flavor claim right now? It'll save more time than running me up to L-1, having me full claim, everyone going OH SHOOT and then unvoting (Or Volt being stubborn and suggest a hammer). It won't confirm what power I am (I don't think so anyways), but if someone else claimed this flavor name, I'd be surprised if they were scum.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: October 01, 2013, 11:47:19 pm »

Voltgloss, I haven't done the things you asked me to do yet, but I trust Robz judgement on his agreement. I know what you're saying though. My only question is, do you believe, in THAT MOMENT, given word for word exactly what was said, Mail Mi's response was within reason? If so, then I'll accept that. I would HATE for him to be scum that gets away though. :P

Galz:  Yes.  I do think town!mail-mi could reasonably have responded specifically as he did.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: October 01, 2013, 11:51:14 pm »

TA, if you are town, I need you to trust me on this:

1.  It is important that nothing further be disclosed about the "secret case."

2.  In reading mail-mi going forward, you should disregard the "secret case."  It should neither make you view mail-mi as more likely to be town, nor should it make you view mail-mi as more likely to be scum.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: October 01, 2013, 11:52:56 pm »

Nope.

Do you want me to flavor claim right now? It'll save more time than running me up to L-1, having me full claim, everyone going OH SHOOT and then unvoting (Or Volt being stubborn and suggest a hammer). It won't confirm what power I am (I don't think so anyways), but if someone else claimed this flavor name, I'd be surprised if they were scum.

Arch, what in the world prompted this?  Did your name become "mail-mi" when I wasn't looking?

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: October 01, 2013, 11:55:35 pm »

The Modern Family wiki does not give a last name for mail-mi's character.

http://modernfamily.wikia.com/wiki/Dylan

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: October 01, 2013, 11:59:53 pm »

I read mail-mi's "STUDY GROUP" comment the same way bocaJ does:  as a (fairly annoyed) response to bocaJ's "hey he didn't specifically claim to be town so maybe he's scum" suggestion.  mail-mi referred to himself as a "STUDY GROUP 1-shot roleblocker" the same way that, in a usual game, one would refer to themselves as a "TOWN 1-shot roleblocker."

sudgy, I get that it's really exciting to feel like you've caught scum in an inexcusable slip.  But this isn't that slip.  Any more than nkirbit's "slip" was a slip on Day 1.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: October 02, 2013, 12:03:29 am »

Nope.

Arch, what in the world prompted this?  Did your name become "mail-mi" when I wasn't looking?
Unless theory is playing tricks on us, then no. Still Archetype.

What prompted this is me not wanting a repeat of what happened here with mail-mi( but I do still think he could be scum, but this mysterious case on him apparently says otherwise). People vote, I go to L-1, I full claim, people realize I'm Town and them we end up lynching me because we don't have enough time to go to someone else. What I'm saying is that I flavor claim. I don't think it will implicate my role, but the flavor name is so unlikely to be scum that I'm hoping it'll get my lynch off the table so that we can focus our efforts on catching scum.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 190  All

Page created in 0.28 seconds with 20 queries.