Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 190  All

Author Topic: M31: Modern Community - Mafia + Survivor wins!  (Read 401717 times)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
Re: M31: Modern Community (Day 2!)
« Reply #1550 on: September 25, 2013, 10:15:40 pm »

I think Eevee was here during the final hour or so, and didn't post.  Doublechecking now.  (There were a few people in that category.)

Yes, but man, real life happens. Maybe people were reading on their phones but couldn't post.

Holding people responsible for not posting is gotta be insanely frustrating for people dealing with legitimate real life issues / obligations and we have so much better things to go after for finding people scummy.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: September 25, 2013, 10:16:17 pm »

I think Eevee was here during the final hour or so, and didn't post.  Doublechecking now.  (There were a few people in that category.)
I don't know how it works with cell phones, I wasn't ever on the forums but I'm sure I used my phone a couple of times. As I said, I would have contributed to the town lynch we got anyways, I'm admitting my responsibility in us lynching town.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: September 25, 2013, 10:29:17 pm »

I can't confirm whether Eevee was online or not.  liopoil said he was, but I didn't notice it one way or the other.  Nor can I confirm that, if he was online, he was reading the thread.

sudgy and walrus were both online during the last hour, appeared in "Who's Online" as specifically reading this thread, but did not post.  sudgy was there for the longest, then left.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: September 25, 2013, 10:31:58 pm »

I don't agree with finding people scummy for being alive. Scum have an incentive to kill the people who DON'T expect to turn up dead, since those people are the people who get doctored and watched. Finding people scummy for not turning up dead, especially when there's 19 people alive, seems pretty far-fetched to me. Who exactly are you talking about? You are the IC and know best, but I see no reason to withhold who you find scummy...

TA, in LOTR 2 when you were IC and I was scum, one of the things I felt was most important for me to figure out was who you found scummy.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: September 25, 2013, 10:37:57 pm »

Eevee, where does the townread on Lio come from?

I must say that I agree with Robz about Eevee being a bit suspicious for apparently being silently online, but it's not THAT huge an issue since it might look like you're online when you're not and because there were others doing the same. I am wondering why you're singling out Eevee on that?

TA feels highly contrarian to me, and while I like independent thinking in the town, it feels like he has a quota of posts and positions he must agree with. I was suspicious of him at the end of day 1 too but since EFHW's alignment is still unknown, his is still a question mark to me as well.

I am going to have to look back at Shraeye's interactions. Likely he didn't leave a lot of clues, but it's a bit jarring to see him flip scum as he was never a main suspect of mine. So maybe there is something I overlooked.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: September 25, 2013, 10:39:17 pm »

Vote: Invite Deedee

This is my secondary win condition. Anyone who helps me will have my support in fulfilling their secondary win condition later on.
Say you'll go to the poetry slam, and I'll vote.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: September 25, 2013, 10:39:50 pm »

Ugh, so many lies being spewed already by obvious scum.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: September 25, 2013, 10:43:42 pm »

Vote: Eevee

The man who should have gone down before deadline on Day 1.
To be more serious, I assume a big part of your suspicion on me is me being there a couple hours before but then missing the deadline. I'm sorry, I needed to go help a friend unexpectedly. Fwiw I would have spoken against a liopoil lynch, preferring either mcmc or efhw (whom I never got to rereading).

Yes. Other people who missed the deadline--like nkirbit--gave excuses. Just showing up for the deadline is I feel pretty townie, and they get some points that you don't.

Also, I was suspicious of you yesterday too, you big sheep. I really, realy wish that you had been the random person we landed on. You've taken zero heat so far.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: September 25, 2013, 10:45:00 pm »

Vote: Eevee

The man who should have gone down before deadline on Day 1.

Once again, I disagree with you on this. Someone being away from deadline has no impact on alignment. Hell, I would think scum would want to be here even MORE than town, just so they aren't called out and can make sure the lynch doesn't land on a partner. Why is Eevee scummy exactly? Just for not being here?

I know I've skipped deadline way more often as scum.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: September 25, 2013, 10:45:43 pm »

Good shot, Vig/SK.  Man, shraeye must be sick of rolling scum. 

nkirbit is an interesting scumkill choice.  I can see the logic behind it, but it's still not who I expected to turn up dead.  Which makes me a bit more suspicious of those who I did expect to turn up dead.  I'll say who... later.

Glad to see I did the right thing in turning the nkirbit lynch around!

I don't agree with finding people scummy for being alive. Scum have an incentive to kill the people who DON'T expect to turn up dead, since those people are the people who get doctored and watched. Finding people scummy for not turning up dead, especially when there's 19 people alive, seems pretty far-fetched to me. Who exactly are you talking about? You are the IC and know best, but I see no reason to withhold who you find scummy...

There are lots of reasons for him to at least hold off, and they are obvious, and what's the matter with you? This is not ultra pro-townie TA I am used to.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: September 25, 2013, 10:47:21 pm »

TA, in LOTR 2 when you were IC and I was scum, one of the things I felt was most important for me to figure out was who you found scummy.

I guess I can appreciate the desire to see the day unfold without your influence, but personally I'm not holding my breath on your scum reads (at least not the ones for this reason -- I mean, it seems like you're going to hold multiple people scummy for being alive, which is absurd when only one person can die). I just have so little faith in a scum read based on someone not being a night kill on the first night of the game that I don't think you saying it is going to dictate the day in any manner whatsoever.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: September 25, 2013, 10:47:59 pm »

Hey, I'm always right about shraeye! (because of confirmation bias, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) so that's cool. Unfortunately I was also right about mcmc. But that's fine.

Is Galz an IC now? Unless someone else claims Enabler, that's how I see it.

I'll need to re-read with our flips now. I actually feel really freaking good about town's chances right now.

Well, no, Galz could still be scum who enables scum, so that flip doesn't mean much in that respect. I do think he's town though, yes, but the flip didn't really impact it.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: September 25, 2013, 10:48:56 pm »

Yes. Other people who missed the deadline--like nkirbit--gave excuses. Just showing up for the deadline is I feel pretty townie, and they get some points that you don't.

Just being online gets townpoints? That's really an arbitrary reason to give people town points. I really do think it's more likely that a scum gets paranoid about being called out for not being here, and makes darn sure they're online. But honestly being online is pretty neutral of alignment, I would think.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: September 25, 2013, 10:49:09 pm »

Oh and also, whats this "I was right about shraeye!" nonsense?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: September 25, 2013, 10:49:21 pm »

Directed at Voltaire^

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: September 25, 2013, 10:50:20 pm »

Just being online gets townpoints? That's really an arbitrary reason to give people town points. I really do think it's more likely that a scum gets paranoid about being called out for not being here, and makes darn sure they're online. But honestly being online is pretty neutral of alignment, I would think.

Well you're wrong. USUALLy we don't lynch without giving a chance for a claim, so if you aren't around, you can't claim, and if we can't get your claim, we don't lynch you. This is far from universal or exact, but it happens.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: September 25, 2013, 10:53:25 pm »

Just compiled this list:

People to vote for Shraeye: Voltaire, Sudgy, Mail-mi, Sudgy, Walrus, Faust, Chairs, Chairs, Voltaire, Sudgy.

So yeah, Voltaire was right about Shraeye. He more seriously pushed Shraeye than anyone else.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: September 25, 2013, 10:53:28 pm »

Robz, I get that I'm a logical person to land on via PoE. I also know that you like to gauge reactions by appearing overly confident with your case. I don't know how to defend myself to these accusations however, I didn't intentionally miss the deadline because I'm not scum? My vote was on mcmc, who was my preferred lynch and I'm owning up to him bein town. Had I been there I would have defended liopoil and would have supported lynching mcmc.

I think the case against lio was pretty nothing, he has contributions, I found his contributions towny. He was sort of labeled as lurker lynch by some (I don't think he was even close to being the scummiest lurker) and I feel some people only voted for him because they disagreed with on theory stuff. And, well, he was online during the deadline chaos and seemed interested in helping town out.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: September 25, 2013, 10:53:47 pm »

I'm sure that I fall into the category of people who watched but didn't post in the final hours. For me personally, that was a case of "I'm at work and I can watch this drama unfold, but there's no way I can meaningfully participate right now."

Also, seriously, there were like 8 million posts being made per second. If I tried to reply, there would be 20 more before I would finish a draft. It was like the goddamn New York Stock Exchange with votes flying everywhere. I honestly couldn't keep up, and I kind of like to make long, measured replies that address all the issues of the moment. I was happy with my vote, although disappointed to see the flip of course. I wish he would have like claimed or something. I guess a good place to start looking next might be people who voted for mcmc (yes, I know that's me too but still), there was possibly scum on that train, maybe? But even now I'm on my phone and I gotta go, so I'll think about it and cast a vote later.

Oh, and I'm doing vote: no invite because I already lost my secondary wincon and I'm feeling bitter [/grumpycat]
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: September 25, 2013, 10:53:52 pm »

Directed at Voltaire^

Wasn't I the first to be suspicious of him? And then I pointed out he scumlurked his way out of suspicion? And Galz said I was changing the subject? It feels nice to be right. Not like I was 100% sure obviously.

I agree TA feels off. Disappointed we're moving even closer to full flavor claiming again.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: September 25, 2013, 10:54:30 pm »

Well you're wrong. USUALLy we don't lynch without giving a chance for a claim, so if you aren't around, you can't claim, and if we can't get your claim, we don't lynch you. This is far from universal or exact, but it happens.

How does this apply to town and not scum? Scum want to be around arguably MORE than town, since they want to have more control over the lynch (avoiding teammates).

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: September 25, 2013, 10:55:07 pm »

I really need to read that end of day. That was crazy, and I got on 10 minutes before deadline (after school, homework, FHE, etc.)
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: September 25, 2013, 10:55:46 pm »

The wagons on Nkirbit and Mcmc:

Nkirbit wagon at peak: Mail-mi, bocaJ, Robz, Faust, Sudgy, Walrus, Mcmc, Chairs [Xeiron]
Mcmc wagon at lynch: EFHW, Walrus, Mail-mi, Archetype, Chairs, TA, Liopoil, Dsell, Voltgloss, Voltaire

Intersection of the wagons: Walrus, mail-mi, Chairs

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: September 25, 2013, 10:56:49 pm »

Just compiled this list:

People to vote for Shraeye: Voltaire, Sudgy, Mail-mi, Sudgy, Walrus, Faust, Chairs, Chairs, Voltaire, Sudgy.

So yeah, Voltaire was right about Shraeye. He more seriously pushed Shraeye than anyone else.

For the part of the day that didn't matter.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: September 25, 2013, 10:57:42 pm »

I'm most suspicious of Dsell and EFHW right now. That end of day Mcmc vs. Liopoil push had the feeling to me that they were both completely town, and Dsell was willing to lynch either one, but was completely unwilling to move to EFHW. The EFHW wagon stalled because there were several people who were unwilling to move to EFHW, and I don't recall those people (Dsell and Robz stick out) giving any good defenses of EFHW. Going to go back and read the end of D1 now.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 190  All

Page created in 1.253 seconds with 20 queries.