Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 190  All

Author Topic: M31: Modern Community - Mafia + Survivor wins!  (Read 401705 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: M31: Modern Community (Day 2!)
« Reply #1875 on: September 27, 2013, 01:27:36 pm »

Actually maybe it's better if it's not Voltgloss who answers so it can be analyzed by others. I repose my question to anyone who feels like answering who is not Voltgloss.

Of the top of my head...

read starting around 288 for Galz's claim/sudgy's almost-claim, then keep reading for some reactions
read nkirbit's "slip" and the reactions
read where xeiron gets modkilled (it's at the end of the nkirbit stuff)
read bocaJ's claim and the response
read the end of the day/look at those wagons

and then otherwise it's up to you for what interactions you've seen referenced today look like they could be compelling.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: September 27, 2013, 02:20:42 pm »

A quick google search seems to say I'm from Community.  (I'm showclaiming now because of Voltgloss' request)
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: September 27, 2013, 04:20:30 pm »

Not caught up, on phone, but saw the instructions to show claim.  I am from Community.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: September 27, 2013, 04:37:45 pm »

Dsell, your turn to showclaim.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: September 27, 2013, 05:01:24 pm »

The wagon on nkirbit, known town, at various times drew 10 unique votes.
mail-mi, xeiron, EFHW, bocaJ, Robz888, faust, sudgy, Walrus, chairs, mcmc

I also went back and looked at the Galzria wagon. He had 6 unique votes.
chairs, nkirbit, mcmc, lio, mail-mi, EFHW

I also looked at the shraeye wagon:
Voltaire, sudgy, mail-mi, Walrus, faust, chairs

and the wagon on Walrus today:
Archetype, AHoppy, faust

I honestly don't know what this means. I guess I just want it easier to reference later since it's probably important.

The more I think things through the more I think I want to put EFHW back into my lynch pool. I've looked at Galz's point every way, and I think that EFHW's Galz vote came in so late it can't be used to clear her. Galz clearly wasn't going to be lynched at that point, and I think it easily could have been made for cover/towncred down the line.

I think I also want to remove Robz from the lynch pool for today. Galz's reasons are plausible and though I actually disagree with much of his reasoning and actions, I don't see how he's not town due to shraeye's flip. (sidenote: who made the point that Galz would be a great SK candidate? I want to consider that). However, I think today the right thing to do is look for shraeye's partner, and that being Galz just doesn't make sense to me.

Eevee, EFHW, Twistedarcher, WalrusMcFishSr, Dsell

If Eevee is who he says he is, we can decide later if we need to lynch him.

EFHW, Twistedarcher, WalrusMcFishSr, Dsell

Out of this pool, I'd want to vote: Dsell or Walrus the most, I think. Walrus's post count dropping off today is a red flag, and Dsell made that fishy comment about nkirbit's "slip". Walrus avoided taking stands, though (in a townie this-is-confusing sort of way), and I did have a true town read on him yesterday (that is quite diminished today).

I do see the case on TA, but I do not want to lynch him today I do not think.

/all this pending finishing the showclaims, chairs's result, etc.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: September 27, 2013, 05:11:35 pm »

I do see the case on TA, but I do not want to lynch him today I do not think.

I'm sorry, what case? All I see is me being PoE'd by Galz. Did I miss a case being made on me?

It's very odd to me that you're already distancing yourself from a non-existent case...Unless I'm missing something, no one's made a case on me?

I can also claim now or I can wait for Dsell. I mean, it doesn't matter since everyone should know anyways.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: September 27, 2013, 05:14:25 pm »

I could get on board with a Dsell lynch as well. There were several downright scummy posts from him yesterday that I saw -- the two that stick out are his view on Nkirbit (who we now know is town), and him being completely ok lynching both Jorbles and Mcmc, but not budging towards EFHW.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: September 27, 2013, 05:14:37 pm »

I'm sorry, what case? All I see is me being PoE'd by Galz. Did I miss a case being made on me?

Note that I am also POEing you. That's the case on you.

I don't want to lynch you today because shraeye came after you. Could have been an attempt to give both of you cred. But in a 5-man scum team (my assumption until something proves otherwise), not everyone on the team will have bussed everyone.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: September 27, 2013, 05:15:37 pm »

I could get on board with a Dsell lynch as well. There were several downright scummy posts from him yesterday that I saw -- the two that stick out are his view on Nkirbit (who we now know is town), and him being completely ok lynching both Jorbles and Mcmc, but not budging towards EFHW.

Wouldn't it make more sense to lynch EFHW then?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: September 27, 2013, 05:16:43 pm »

Wouldn't it make more sense to lynch EFHW then?

Yes, it would. But I'd be happy to look at Dsell as an alternative, since, once again, no one is talking about EFHW again.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: September 27, 2013, 05:17:37 pm »

I will not lynch EFHW.
I will not lynch Dsell.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: September 27, 2013, 05:19:09 pm »

You are so frustratingly wrong about EFHW, Galz. I don't know why you are giving her so much town credit but it's completely undeserved.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: September 27, 2013, 05:20:18 pm »

I will not lynch EFHW.
I will not lynch Dsell.

Galz, I just don't understand your playstyle. Can you please give reasons for these two statements.

Right now, I think it is most likely that we are on the same side. Shraeye's flip really has me thinking you're town. But I don't follow your reasoning (your first post about EFHW just had weird jumps in it), you're clearly actilurking, you're giving posts without reads, you waited forever to vote yesterday, you didn't follow your own D1 advice, etc. etc.

Suffice to say I am flummoxed.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: September 27, 2013, 05:29:53 pm »

I will not lynch EFHW.
I will not lynch Dsell.

Galz, I just don't understand your playstyle. Can you please give reasons for these two statements.

Right now, I think it is most likely that we are on the same side. Shraeye's flip really has me thinking you're town. But I don't follow your reasoning (your first post about EFHW just had weird jumps in it), you're clearly actilurking, you're giving posts without reads, you waited forever to vote yesterday, you didn't follow your own D1 advice, etc. etc.

Suffice to say I am flummoxed.

They're both townreads.

A) "I'm clearly acti-lurking"
- Baseless and untrue.

B) "Your giving posts without reads"
- Blatantly false, my reads are very well established. Further, at least I've made reads with reasons, unlike most of your "reads" which just exist for the sake of existing and have no explanation.

C) "You waited forever to vote yesterday"
- I voted within one of my first couple of posts, arguably one of the earliest non-RVS votes of the game. The fact that it was on you has clearly escaped your memory.

D) "You didn't follow your own D1 advice"
- Nope, you're right about that. I developed reads instead. But you were more than happy to sheep right along with our IC and that "method". Look what it got us. Voltgloss has done some things well, and he's done some things terribly. I'll be happy to discuss where his mistakes were after the game.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: M31: Modern Community (Day 1!)
« Reply #1889 on: September 27, 2013, 05:32:00 pm »

This was the peak of the EFHW wagon. She was tied with our eventual lynch, mcmc. I've colored our flips.

Vote Count 1.33:

liopoil (7): Robz888, shraeye, AHoppy, Dsell, faust, sudgy, Galzria
nkirbit (1): bocaJ
sudgy (1): Eevee
mcmc (5): EFHW, Walrus, mail-mi, Archetype, chairs
chairs (1): nkirbit
EFHW (5): Voltgloss, Voltiare, mcmcsaolot, liopoil, Twistedarcher

Not Voting (0):

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on September 23 at 9:22 p.m.

OneHalf hour to deadline.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: September 27, 2013, 05:35:06 pm »

They're both townreads.

A) "I'm clearly acti-lurking"
- Baseless and untrue.

B) "Your giving posts without reads"
- Blatantly false, my reads are very well established. Further, at least I've made reads with reasons, unlike most of your "reads" which just exist for the sake of existing and have no explanation.

C) "You waited forever to vote yesterday"
- I voted within one of my first couple of posts, arguably one of the earliest non-RVS votes of the game. The fact that it was on you has clearly escaped your memory.

D) "You didn't follow your own D1 advice"
- Nope, you're right about that. I developed reads instead. But you were more than happy to sheep right along with our IC and that "method". Look what it got us. Voltgloss has done some things well, and he's done some things terribly. I'll be happy to discuss where his mistakes were after the game.

Ugh. I hesitated to even make that post because I knew you would come back attacking me. It's what you've been doing all game, except for that wonderful window after my mega-post today.

1. I think this is clearly true (usually a scummy trait, can easily be done by town as well who have nothing to say, I understand that). I've seen you reading the thread at various points without posting, and you showed up right away today when asked a question.

2. Then can you please direct me to your post that contains your read of Dsell. I am willing to trust you that it's out there. I cannot find it. This thread is huge.

3. I meant at the deadline, I was unclear.

4. It's stuff like this that makes you come across as so scummy to me. What do you mean, "look what it got us?"

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: September 27, 2013, 05:39:24 pm »

You are so frustratingly wrong about EFHW, Galz. I don't know why you are giving her so much town credit but it's completely undeserved.

Amazing how confident you are, when your only case on her has been that she was "lurking but not receiving attention" and "OMG 1 hour to deadline and we couldn't force her lynch through!".

You couldn't force her lynch because there hasn't been a legitimate case made on her, and every point you've "established" is either untrue (she wasn't lurking, she had almost 50 posts D1. They came in groupings because that's when she was available) - (she had plenty of content, asked questions, developed her reads, took stances, etc.), or equally true of others (She hadn't received much suspicion. Neither had AHoppy, who had 1/3 her posts and less content overall).

The fact that she was obviously a bad deadline lynch has no impact (and certainly not anything like you're trying to paint) on her alignment. People (excepting you and Voltaire) reread her and came to a pretty basic conclusion. She was a bad lynch choice.

Further, while you may disagree, her stance on my lynch came at a time when there was still very much a possibility of it going through. I'm not judging just when she voted, I'm judging based on when she first commented, and the conversation that resulted after. The entirety of her play just doesn't point towards partners with Shraeye.

Mafia Record:

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: September 27, 2013, 05:41:19 pm »

4. It's stuff like this that makes you come across as so scummy to me. What do you mean, "look what it got us?"

More importantly, why didn't you point these things out/prevent them from happening etc.?

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: September 27, 2013, 05:43:17 pm »

Voltgloss has done some things well, and he's done some things terribly. I'll be happy to discuss where his mistakes were after the game.

Love you too, Galz.  :p

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: September 27, 2013, 05:43:42 pm »

Voltaire, you obviously have no experience with me, but I spend about 90% of my vast amount of time on the forums viewing from my phone. I've almost 50% again the most active f.ds user. I keep up with all my games from my mobile, but I only post when I need to. Even with that, must of my posts are made from my mobile. That's been the case since M-II, and it's not likely to change.

If I'm reading, it's to not fall behind. Much of the time I'm doing other things in other Apps and the browser is open in the background. Hardly even close to "actlurking".

Mafia Record:

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: September 27, 2013, 05:44:17 pm »

Voltaire, you obviously have no experience with me, but I spend about 90% of my vast amount of time on the forums viewing from my phone. I've almost 50% again the most active f.ds user. I keep up with all my games from my mobile, but I only post when I need to. Even with that, must of my posts are made from my mobile. That's been the case since M-II, and it's not likely to change.

If I'm reading, it's to not fall behind. Much of the time I'm doing other things in other Apps and the browser is open in the background. Hardly even close to "actlurking".

Fine fine whatever. Most importantly, please direct me to your read on Dsell.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: September 27, 2013, 05:44:52 pm »

Voltgloss has done some things well, and he's done some things terribly. I'll be happy to discuss where his mistakes were after the game.

Hey, you abandoned me in Mafia Noir. I never forget. ;)

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: September 27, 2013, 05:46:00 pm »

More importantly, why didn't you point these things out/prevent them from happening etc.?

Umm, I tried very hard to prevent mcmc's lynch....

Mafia Record:

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: September 27, 2013, 05:46:20 pm »

Man, I typed this response flippantly but the more I think about it the more this comment makes me legit angry.  Like, unrelated-to-alignments and unrelated-to-the-game angry.  Just angry.  Like yuma-spiritbears angry.

I'll be back Monday.  No, this doesn't mean Galz is scum.  It does mean he's making me not want to play.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: September 27, 2013, 05:46:53 pm »

Man, I typed this response flippantly but the more I think about it the more this comment makes me legit angry.  Like, unrelated-to-alignments and unrelated-to-the-game angry.  Just angry.  Like yuma-spiritbears angry.

I'll be back Monday.  No, this doesn't mean Galz is scum.  It does mean he's making me not want to play.

Join the club.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 190  All

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 20 queries.