Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 62  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXIX: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Dinner Party (Game Over! Universe Wins!)  (Read 141853 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXIX: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Dinner Party (Day 3!)
« Reply #1250 on: September 05, 2013, 01:56:34 pm »

We should be claiming our flavor too. I am jack harkness

Why? Scum have safe claims. I don't see what this accomplishes. (Though I also don't see what it hurts, so...Jackie Tyler.)

Not necessarily. Suppose there are two mafia still alive, and they killed chairs night 1. They only have 1 safe claim to make.
No, scum has a fakeclaim. Not necessarily a PR fakeclaim, but a fake claim nonetheless.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: September 05, 2013, 01:59:25 pm »

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: September 05, 2013, 02:03:21 pm »

crap
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: September 05, 2013, 02:04:17 pm »

Yes, I'm actually the roleblocker. I was keeping that secret, hoping scum would claim it. Was going to confess after shraeye's claim.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: September 05, 2013, 02:05:33 pm »

Also VT.

Mail-mi, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

vote: robz

Claimed to be a vt, then claimed his name was ood sigma, who is roleblocker per OP

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: September 05, 2013, 02:05:53 pm »

That was stupid. I didn't even remember my flavor name, and I certainly didn't remember that the power roles had publicly available names.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: September 05, 2013, 02:06:46 pm »

Here is my trying to goad my scum suspect into claiming RB:

Voltaire is now my preferred lynch. Likely the one I will vigorously press for. (Of course he'll likely claim roleblocker, and we'll go through this again.)

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: September 05, 2013, 02:07:33 pm »

Yes, I'm actually the roleblocker. I was keeping that secret, hoping scum would claim it. Was going to confess after shraeye's claim.

You think a scum would claim a pr they had not killed?

Not buying it, really

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: September 05, 2013, 02:09:34 pm »

Also VT.

Mail-mi, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

vote: robz

Claimed to be a vt, then claimed his name was ood sigma, who is roleblocker per OP
Yup. vote: robz
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: September 05, 2013, 02:10:25 pm »

Not buying it, really

I thought there was a chance. A small chance, but there was little reason not to take it. I just didn't realize the power role flavor names were in the OP.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: September 05, 2013, 02:11:08 pm »

Okay, woah. I mean, what else do you think could have possibly happened here? The mod provided the scum team fake claims, remember!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: September 05, 2013, 02:13:47 pm »

Why would I flavor claim Ood Sigma as scum, having claimed to be VT? Can you explain that to me?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: September 05, 2013, 02:15:24 pm »

Why would I flavor claim Ood Sigma as scum, having claimed to be VT? Can you explain that to me?

Because you killed the roleblocker and a vt and picked the wrong one?

Maybe you're right, though.

I will unvote for now to think about it, but I am still suspicious.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: September 05, 2013, 02:29:20 pm »

Not buying it, really

I thought there was a chance. A small chance, but there was little reason not to take it. I just didn't realize the power role flavor names were in the OP.

I am torn. There are two things that I am having problems with here the first is the quote above. Especially immediately after this conversation I had with voltaire.

:'(we're  really doing this? Fine. I'm the vig. Ash was a VT.

can we get a flavor claim with this?

Why did you ask for a flavor claim? If mail-mi were fake-claiming the info is in the second post.

Yes I know. But if mail-mi were scum there was a small chance he would forget and panic claim something else. It was a long shot... But if it worked, it would be a very simple way to out mafia.

Robz did you read it?

The second is that Robz hasn't told us what he did with his said power. This is enlightening especially after what he said about mail-mi:

You seem eerily brief, mail-mi. If I were making a PR claim, I would be like explaining myself here, not like offering quick one-liners.

Robz, WHAT ABOUT YOUR NIGHT ACTIONS ANSWER RIGHT NOW WITHOUT THINKING OR YOU GET LYNCHED.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: September 05, 2013, 02:30:00 pm »

Oh yeah! Fair fair.

Yuma Night 1, nkirbit Night 2

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: September 05, 2013, 02:31:17 pm »

Let's say mail-mi is scum.

Remember that ash claimed not-PR.

For scum mail-mi to safely claim vig, he has to kill the vig at some point
. The vig wasn't ash, assuming ash didn't lie as town (please no). So that gives him only one night to have killed the vig.

Why has your tune changed?  Before you had indicated that the only way scum!mail-mi would safely claim vig would be if he really killed the vig.  But now you think there's a chance that scum would fake claim a role they didn't have?

And not only did you think that there was a chance, you thought that chance was worth enough that you decided to lie as town to make it possible.

Lying as town is very dangerous, and can often lead to disastrous results.  See archetype in LOTR2 for a very recent example.  If you're lying as town, you better have a damn good reason to do so, and I just don't think that holding out a slight hope that Shraeye would claim roleblocker justifies that lie?

Surely, when Shraeye didn't claim as roleblocker and you come forward as the roleblocker, we get into this same conversation.  Maybe we lynch you, maybe we don't, but is it a conversation worth having the freaking day before the deadline?  I don't think it is.

Vote: Robz

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: September 05, 2013, 02:32:09 pm »

Sadly, there's nothing much to say about both of those. I went back and forth about blocking ash, and then decided instead to block someone at random that I wasn't even very suspicious of.

On Night 2 I was going to block Eevee and then changed my mind to nkirbit.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: September 05, 2013, 02:32:27 pm »

Haha Yuma, I was going to give Robz an hour or so before I called him out on it, and if he hadn't by that point... you know.

But yes, he did take his time, and that's somewhat hypocritical to do after giving mail-mi crap for doing the same thing.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: September 05, 2013, 02:33:27 pm »

. The vig wasn't ash, assuming ash didn't lie as town (please no). So that gives him only one night to have killed the vig.

Why has your tune changed?  Before you had indicated that the only way scum!mail-mi would safely claim vig would be if he really killed the vig.  But now you think there's a chance that scum would fake claim a role they didn't have?

And not only did you think that there was a chance, you thought that chance was worth enough that you decided to lie as town to make it possible.

Lying as town is very dangerous, and can often lead to disastrous results.  See archetype in LOTR2 for a very recent example.  If you're lying as town, you better have a damn good reason to do so, and I just don't think that holding out a slight hope that Shraeye would claim roleblocker justifies that lie?

Surely, when Shraeye didn't claim as roleblocker and you come forward as the roleblocker, we get into this same conversation.  Maybe we lynch you, maybe we don't, but is it a conversation worth having the freaking day before the deadline?  I don't think it is.

Yeah, but it wouldnt have been exactly like this, I wouldn't have looked "caught" in anything, it would have been me giving an unsolicited explanation. I thouht that would be fine,e specially since I never agreed to do this claim in the first place. As it turned out, yes it looks incriminating.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: September 05, 2013, 02:37:46 pm »

Sadly, there's nothing much to say about both of those. I went back and forth about blocking ash, and then decided instead to block someone at random that I wasn't even very suspicious of.

Why Eevee?  Why did you change your mind?  Why me?

What do your results tell you?  We seemingly have a missing kill now from N1, knowing that Mail-Mi shot Ash.  Do you think Yuma is the SK, given that you roleblocked him N1 and neither Ashersky nor Chairs seem like a logical target for the SK?

If I were the roleblocker and I had roleblocked Yuma night1, as soon as mail-mi revealed that he vigged Ash night1, I would be very, very suspicious of Yuma being the Serial Killer.  I think I would be right in that suspicion.  But even now, after your results have been claimed, you haven't shown any indication that you're more suspicious of Yuma than you were before.  Why not?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXIX: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Dinner Party (Day 1!)
« Reply #1270 on: September 05, 2013, 02:38:55 pm »

I think UoS is very likely to be town. If he was a SK, he for no reason just put himself out there to be killed by mafia, not good. Ditto for mafia (also could be counterclaimed). Frustrated town just makes the most sense. UoS, I really like your style of playing and I'm sure people finding you scummy is nothing personal, even if it feels a bit unfair. And fwiw, it IS sheeping when Robz does it.

It is NOT!

Anyway, well... okay. I do actually think maybe this is sort of a genuine reaction for UoS. In the abstract I would find it scummier, but he does seem like he usually wants to be perceived correctly, and gets frustrated when he thinks he's not. So, okay.

Robz did have this reaction to eevee finding UoS townie for claiming a PR. If Robz is a PR that decreases everyone's likelihood of being a PR thus making UoS's claim less believable for him. Everyone else VTs and mafia... I think are more likely to believe it. So I think this is a point in Robz's favor.

As is his willingness and slight push to claim starting day3.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: September 05, 2013, 02:40:41 pm »

What do your results tell you?  We seemingly have a missing kill now from N1, knowing that Mail-Mi shot Ash.  Do you think Yuma is the SK, given that you roleblocked him N1 and neither Ashersky nor Chairs seem like a logical target for the SK?

If I were the roleblocker and I had roleblocked Yuma night1, as soon as mail-mi revealed that he vigged Ash night1, I would be very, very suspicious of Yuma being the Serial Killer.  I think I would be right in that suspicion.  But even now, after your results have been claimed, you haven't shown any indication that you're more suspicious of Yuma than you were before.  Why not?

I do have that suspicion, and I was going to get into that when I fullclaimed, after shraeye had had the chance to fakeclaim RB. I still think it's perfectly plausible that scumteams duplicated the cop kill. But yes, this does lend credence to yuma suspicion. I also thought he reacted to mail mi's confession in a scummy way. I was going to say all this, after shraeye claimed. As is I'm flustered and caught off guard (and typing this from a work meeting!).

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: September 05, 2013, 02:44:01 pm »

Yeah, but it wouldnt have been exactly like this, I wouldn't have looked "caught" in anything, it would have been me giving an unsolicited explanation. I thouht that would be fine,e specially since I never agreed to do this claim in the first place. As it turned out, yes it looks incriminating.

Yeah, I know it's not as bad as this, but it does turn the topic of conversation to, "Do we believe Robz?", and gives us less time to analyze your results if we believe you.  If this had happened during the first RL day of day3, perhaps I would be more likely to believe you.

You had to decide that the potential benefits (Getting a scum to claim roleblocker), outweigh the costs (wasting towns time discussing whether you are town or not, giving us less time to analyze the roleblocker results) if you really are town.  You decided less than two days from the deadline that it was worth the risk, were you town.  Perhaps I could see a town member making that decision when we still have a week left until the deadline, but a town member deciding to hold back their true claim until there's just 1 day left until the hard deadline seems like suicide.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: September 05, 2013, 02:44:42 pm »

I do have that suspicion, and I was going to get into that when I fullclaimed, after shraeye had had the chance to fakeclaim RB. I still think it's perfectly plausible that scumteams duplicated the cop kill. But yes, this does lend credence to yuma suspicion. I also thought he reacted to mail mi's confession in a scummy way. I was going to say all this, after shraeye claimed. As is I'm flustered and caught off guard (and typing this from a work meeting!).

Finish your work meeting, haha.  I promise to not lynch you until you have time to defend yourself when you're focused on it.

Unvote

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: September 05, 2013, 02:45:47 pm »

Finish your work meeting, haha.  I promise to not lynch you until you have time to defend yourself when you're focused on it.

Unvote

Or perhaps not at all!  I am still thinking through it.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 62  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 20 queries.