Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 62  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXIX: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Dinner Party (Game Over! Universe Wins!)  (Read 144054 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXIX: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Dinner Party (Day 3!)
« Reply #1300 on: September 05, 2013, 06:14:09 pm »

Yuma has done a good job addressing my conerns about him, which has made me more reluctant to want to lynch him. Still, I have the most "evidence" against him, even though he has quite successfully offered plausible explanations for everything.

Voltaire would really be a POE vote.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: September 05, 2013, 06:15:19 pm »

I'm between Voltaire and yuma right now.

and I am between nkirbit and voltaire. I will do a reread of them tonight (if baby will let me) and likely put down a vote. I may have slightly less availability tomorrow.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: September 05, 2013, 06:15:40 pm »

Thinking about it again, Robz's not-claim and then claim doesn't really make sense as scum.

If he's scum, he's killed the roleblocker for sure.  If he had been planning to claim roleblocker, I think he would have probably just done it initially.. if scum is going to fakeclaim, they want it to look as credible as possible, and this certainly didn't do that.

It's possible that Robz is scum who has killed both a roleblocker and VT, meant to claim VT, and when he went and looked up the flavor name to claim, he simply grabbed the wrong one.  This is possible... but is it likely?  I really don't think so.  It's definitely not more likely than Robz as the roleblocker forgetting or never knowing that his flavor name indicated that he was the roleblocker.

It does seem that Mafia are more likely to edit their posts to make sure that what they're saying makes sense.  So I think scum!Robz is much more likely to catch that he's putting in the wrong flavor name than town!Robz is to catch that his flavor name is tied to his role.  So on that count, Robz gets townpoints.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: September 05, 2013, 06:18:54 pm »

See? It was all a deliberate, brilliant move to make sure that my true RB claim was credible!  ;D

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: September 05, 2013, 06:28:55 pm »

Sadly, there's nothing much to say about both of those. I went back and forth about blocking ash, and then decided instead to block someone at random that I wasn't even very suspicious of.

On Night 2 I was going to block Eevee and then changed my mind to nkirbit.

Why Eevee?  Why did you change your mind?  Why me?

What do your results tell you?  We seemingly have a missing kill now from N1, knowing that Mail-Mi shot Ash.  Do you think Yuma is the SK, given that you roleblocked him N1 and neither Ashersky nor Chairs seem like a logical target for the SK?

If I were the roleblocker and I had roleblocked Yuma night1, as soon as mail-mi revealed that he vigged Ash night1, I would be very, very suspicious of Yuma being the Serial Killer.  I think I would be right in that suspicion.  But even now, after your results have been claimed, you haven't shown any indication that you're more suspicious of Yuma than you were before.  Why not?

I do have that suspicion, and I was going to get into that when I fullclaimed, after shraeye had had the chance to fakeclaim RB. I still think it's perfectly plausible that scumteams duplicated the cop kill. But yes, this does lend credence to yuma suspicion. I also thought he reacted to mail mi's confession in a scummy way. I was going to say all this, after shraeye claimed. As is I'm flustered and caught off guard (and typing this from a work meeting!).

Hm.  This is a little worrying though.  When I was talking about how Robz should suspect Yuma, I was mistaken.. I had forgotten that the SK was roleblockproof.  But Robz kind of jumped on it... despite it being wrong.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: September 05, 2013, 06:35:43 pm »

Sadly, there's nothing much to say about both of those. I went back and forth about blocking ash, and then decided instead to block someone at random that I wasn't even very suspicious of.

What do your results tell you?  We seemingly have a missing kill now from N1, knowing that Mail-Mi shot Ash.  Do you think Yuma is the SK, given that you roleblocked him N1 and neither Ashersky nor Chairs seem like a logical target for the SK?

If I were the roleblocker and I had roleblocked Yuma night1, as soon as mail-mi revealed that he vigged Ash night1, I would be very, very suspicious of Yuma being the Serial Killer.  I think I would be right in that suspicion.  But even now, after your results have been claimed, you haven't shown any indication that you're more suspicious of Yuma than you were before.  Why not?

I do have that suspicion, and I was going to get into that when I fullclaimed, after shraeye had had the chance to fakeclaim RB. I still think it's perfectly plausible that scumteams duplicated the cop kill. But yes, this does lend credence to yuma suspicion. I also thought he reacted to mail mi's confession in a scummy way. I was going to say all this, after shraeye claimed. As is I'm flustered and caught off guard (and typing this from a work meeting!).

Hm.  This is a little worrying though.  When I was talking about how Robz should suspect Yuma, I was mistaken.. I had forgotten that the SK was roleblockproof.  But Robz kind of jumped on it... despite it being wrong.

I had no idea the SK had RB until mail-mi mentioned it a few posts ago. I did indeed spend the early part of Day 2 wondering whether my RBing blocked a bill. I eventually decided I didn't block a kill, because I eventually presumed the vig had not shot and two scum kills were accounted for.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: September 05, 2013, 07:45:32 pm »

that seems consistent with what Robz was saying/theorizing about the vig on day2.  I'm getting the feeling that both PRs are believable.  This brings the lynchpool to nkirbit/yuma/Voltaire.

I'm still pro-nkirbit lynch, but I think we are dealing with either 2 or 3 scum outta that pool, so I'm not opposed to considering other cases.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: September 05, 2013, 07:59:44 pm »

well; I think we need to lynch one of nkirbit/yuma and have Robz roleblock the other one.  This is because Robz already roleblocked each of them once, so whether they are SK or if they are mafia with partner dead, he is sure to stop a kill.

If they flip town then it's likely that the other and Voltaire are both scum.  In this case, one of Eevee/Jorbles is likely to be the mafioso's partner and the other is SK.  Robz's roleblock on the living member of yuma/nkirbit is sure to stop a kill then.

If they flip mafia, then the other is either mafia-partner, or SK who already lost RB-protection.  If they flip SK is the one case that is more complicated, but then we'll learn whether there is 1 or 2 mafias left for sure.  So that's actually a really nice case.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: September 05, 2013, 09:16:42 pm »

well; I think we need to lynch one of nkirbit/yuma and have Robz roleblock the other one.  This is because Robz already roleblocked each of them once, so whether they are SK or if they are mafia with partner dead, he is sure to stop a kill.

If they flip town then it's likely that the other and Voltaire are both scum.  In this case, one of Eevee/Jorbles is likely to be the mafioso's partner and the other is SK.  Robz's roleblock on the living member of yuma/nkirbit is sure to stop a kill then.

If they flip mafia, then the other is either mafia-partner, or SK who already lost RB-protection.  If they flip SK is the one case that is more complicated, but then we'll learn whether there is 1 or 2 mafias left for sure.  So that's actually a really nice case.

I agree. This actually seems to have worked out sort of well, and we aren't in nearly as dire a situation as I thought.

So we need to decide on a lynch, and decide who I am blocking, and decide who/whether mail-mi shoots. And we need to do this soon.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: September 05, 2013, 09:24:04 pm »

tonight would be good.  I'm breaking out in hives, and if I benedryl up, I'm not going to be so useful tomorrow.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: September 05, 2013, 09:32:54 pm »

tonight would be good.  I'm breaking out in hives, and if I benedryl up, I'm not going to be so useful tomorrow.

Yeah. Well, I'm not a big fan of lynching nkirbit, to be honest. Why do you find him scummy?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: September 05, 2013, 09:34:03 pm »

I'm not a huge fan of lynching Robz!  I want to lynch Voltaire!

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: September 05, 2013, 09:38:31 pm »

another thing that makes me want to go with lynching nkirbit is this:

Want to lynch: Liopoil
Would lynch: Robz
Could lynch: Mail-Mi, Yuma, Voltaire
Don't want to lynch:  Jorbles, Shraeye, Eevee
The people who died last night were on his towny list, and starting today he immediately turned on me. 

yuma is right that he, Robz, Voltaire were all calling nkirbit scummy yesterday.  But none of those guys showed up dead, but nkirbit's opening posts today basically were saying "looks like scum liked how things were going, let's look elsewhere".

This just looks like he's opening himself to be able to jump onto any lynch that comes up and is favorable to him.

And this on top of the part that I said earlier.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: September 05, 2013, 09:40:37 pm »

nobody's saying stuff about Robz, why bring that up?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: September 05, 2013, 09:42:31 pm »

I thought you had said we should lynch one of Nkirbit/Robz and not one of Nkirbit/Yuma.  My mistake.

More of a fan of lynching Yuma than lynching Robz, but prefer Voltaire to both of them!

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: September 05, 2013, 09:43:41 pm »

The people who died last night were on his towny list, and starting today he immediately turned on me. 

yuma is right that he, Robz, Voltaire were all calling nkirbit scummy yesterday.  But none of those guys showed up dead, but nkirbit's opening posts today basically were saying "looks like scum liked how things were going, let's look elsewhere".

This just looks like he's opening himself to be able to jump onto any lynch that comes up and is favorable to him.

See, but you've said it yourself that I have a history of killing people who find me scummy.  None of those people who found me scummy are dead.  Why are you ignoring that piece of evidence?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: September 05, 2013, 09:44:18 pm »

I feel like I've been pretty upfront about my desire to lynch one of Shraeye/Voltaire today.  I don't think I've been leaving myself open.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: September 05, 2013, 09:49:06 pm »

I, on the other hand, see the fact that there are no other players advocating a yuma lynch as evidence that it's him.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: September 05, 2013, 10:02:11 pm »

Vote Count 3.4

nkirbit (1): shraeye
Robz (1): mail-mi
Not Voting (4): Robz888, Voltaire, nkirbit, yuma

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch.
Day 3 ends on September 6th at 6:15 PM Forum Time.

Added in the missing flavor.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: September 05, 2013, 10:06:26 pm »

See, but you've said it yourself that I have a history of killing people who find me scummy.  None of those people who found me scummy are dead.  Why are you ignoring that piece of evidence?
Because you yourself very specifically noted this at the very start of day3.  It makes for WIFOM and scumplay and all that.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: September 05, 2013, 10:12:13 pm »

Additionally this post above is very out of line with nkirbit's vote unvote revote unvote action on Robz based around his roleblocker claim.

That was all followed by #1302 where nkirbit said Robz's claim made sense.  But then followed AGAIN by this

That was nkirbit's last post before popping in to yell "Why would ANYBODY want to lynch Robz!"....which also happened immediately after Robz agreed to a roleblocky plan, but indicated that he wasn't thrilled about lynching nkirbit.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: September 05, 2013, 10:20:39 pm »

I totally wasn't connecting the dots that we still had Robz's roleblock, no matter what happens.

My preference is for nkirbit first, then yuma. Shraeye third. nkirbit over yuma because although I find it damning he's alive I'm more comfortable lynching the player who has been continually scummy since D1.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: September 05, 2013, 10:35:21 pm »

I think I am in favor of this (obviously I prefer nkirbit over myself)... my only concerns are twofold.

First. It is a wasted RB on me from my perspective... I mean you guys can't know this, but it means 100% guaranteed that the RB won't be used effectively to stop a kill. I guess that is a sacrifice we have to make. But maybe it isn't that big of a sacrifice because if mail-mi (again assuming mail-mi is the Vig, which I think we are basically doing until evidence points otherwise) doesn't kill in night and there are still two kills I am basically an IC? (that only works out if we lynch nkirbit and he is mafia. If he is SK and there is still 1 kill (again if mail-mi doesn't shoot) I am still an IC?)

Second. Is related to the second part of the first, is it something that mafia can manipulate to their advantage to place me in a scummy light come tomorrow? I haven't worked through any scenarios, but I think it is something we should at least consider before going through with this plan...

But regardless if I am the lynch today (I shouldn't be) nkirbit should absolutely be the RB tonight.

I still think the vig should only shoot if we mislynch tonight. If we hit SK or mafia I think he should withhold his shot, but we should check the math on that

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: September 05, 2013, 10:37:14 pm »

Additionally this post above is very out of line with nkirbit's vote unvote revote unvote action on Robz based around his roleblocker claim.

That was all followed by #1302 where nkirbit said Robz's claim made sense.  But then followed AGAIN by this

That was nkirbit's last post before popping in to yell "Why would ANYBODY want to lynch Robz!"....which also happened immediately after Robz agreed to a roleblocky plan, but indicated that he wasn't thrilled about lynching nkirbit.

To add to this I felt that nkirbit was extremely quick to get on the Robz wagon for his lie. I mean, yes it was a lie, but he seemed overeager to find a reason to vote for Robz and get something started for what (if robz is in fact the RB) nkirbit would likely know was town lie rather than a scumslip lie.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: September 05, 2013, 10:41:29 pm »

This recent spur of posts by nkirbit has made me reevaluate my town read on him and would totally prefer him over Yuma.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 62  All

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 19 queries.