Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62]  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXIX: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Dinner Party (Game Over! Universe Wins!)  (Read 140836 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXIX: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Dinner Party (Game Over! Universe Wins!)
« Reply #1525 on: September 10, 2013, 10:33:49 pm »

for shraeye it is. He would not do something like that as town I think. And I did somewhat believe that what SB did in B2B was scummy, and as surprised nobody bought it at all. I didn't follow LotR D1. In clue, well, that's ashersky.

I guess is what I am saying is that in the games above, everyone had a reason for hammering that made sense as to them town. Spiritbears... not as much, but he felt he had a reason. My interpretation of shraeye was that he also had a reason as town for doing what he did. I thought of a reason myself--in fact I had thought about suggesting that someone hammer you before you claimed because of this--and figured that he was on the same page as me.

In an average game, shraeye probably isn't going to hammer w/o giving someone a chance to claim. But in a game where claims may or may not be counterclaimed because of the hidden knowledge mechanism, I don't see it as out of the realm that he would. In fact I found him somewhat townier for it. Scum rarely wants to put themselves in that sort of a position.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXIX: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Dinner Party (Game Over! Universe Wins!)
« Reply #1526 on: September 11, 2013, 07:35:48 am »

for shraeye it is. He would not do something like that as town I think. And I did somewhat believe that what SB did in B2B was scummy, and as surprised nobody bought it at all. I didn't follow LotR D1. In clue, well, that's ashersky.

I guess is what I am saying is that in the games above, everyone had a reason for hammering that made sense as to them town. Spiritbears... not as much, but he felt he had a reason. My interpretation of shraeye was that he also had a reason as town for doing what he did. I thought of a reason myself--in fact I had thought about suggesting that someone hammer you before you claimed because of this--and figured that he was on the same page as me.

In an average game, shraeye probably isn't going to hammer w/o giving someone a chance to claim. But in a game where claims may or may not be counterclaimed because of the hidden knowledge mechanism, I don't see it as out of the realm that he would. In fact I found him somewhat townier for it. Scum rarely wants to put themselves in that sort of a position.
This is the angle I took.  all-alignmentshraeye was convinced of your scumminess, and knew that any claim you made wouldn't change my position.  So I hammered before any claim you made could change another persons mind.  Townshraeye does the same thing.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: September 11, 2013, 09:44:19 am »

Well, my theory still stands that I have to live to the end for town to win. Don't lynch me, people!
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: September 11, 2013, 10:28:22 am »

Ohhhhh they killed me because they thought I was the Roleblocker. It all makes sense to me now. Glad I somehow baited out that kill even if I'm not sure how I did it.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: September 11, 2013, 10:31:29 am »

Actually now that I think about it there's a good chance I'd try to play Roleblocker a little absently to try and avoid the NK. Good to know that it might in fact draw the NK.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: September 11, 2013, 10:33:53 am »

Ohhh, I made a PR "slip". We should probably stop reading so much into slips.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: September 11, 2013, 10:43:17 am »

Well, Eevee made one that showed me he was NOT the RB. And I did want to kill Robz more, but shraeye has a much better track record as scum so I happily deferred to his judgement and let myself get talked into it.

Actually where did we think you made a "slip"? We never thought you made a slip.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: September 11, 2013, 03:05:06 pm »

Well, Eevee made one that showed me he was NOT the RB. And I did want to kill Robz more, but shraeye has a much better track record as scum so I happily deferred to his judgement and let myself get talked into it.

Actually where did we think you made a "slip"? We never thought you made a slip.

I can't remember where it was in there, but I was asking if the RB should claim early d2 and that made you guys suspect me.

I'm actually kinda pleased with my reads this game. I suspected shraeye, yuma, and Robz at the point when I died. I may have thought yuma was mafia and shraeye was the SK, but if we'd been able to lynch them it would have still been good for town.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: September 11, 2013, 05:50:23 pm »

Also, shraeye, congrats on first loss as mafia!
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: September 11, 2013, 05:51:42 pm »

I can't remember where it was in there, but I was asking if the RB should claim early d2 and that made you guys suspect me.

And I would call that a read, not a slip, that we had on you. Of course it turned out to be wrong, but most do!

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: September 11, 2013, 06:01:30 pm »

Fair enough, I just want to say I thought you played really well Voltaire. I didn't really suspect you until well after I was dead, and I never thought you were mafia.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: September 11, 2013, 06:04:33 pm »

Fair enough, I just want to say I thought you played really well Voltaire. I didn't really suspect you until well after I was dead, and I never thought you were mafia.

No problem. There's just been a lot of discussion about "slips" lately and I think sometimes the word gets defined a bit too loosely for my tastes, that's all.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: September 11, 2013, 06:05:50 pm »

Did you and shraeye think I was the SK based on my "slip", Voltaire?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: September 11, 2013, 06:32:44 pm »

No problem. There's just been a lot of discussion about "slips" lately and I think sometimes the word gets defined a bit too loosely for my tastes, that's all.

You used the word "discussion" which has the letters s-c-u in it, which is almost the word scum...SCUMSLIP!!!!
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: September 11, 2013, 07:16:23 pm »

You used the word "discussion" which has the letters s-c-u in it, which is almost the word scum...SCUMSLIP!!!!

Crap. You got me. vote: Voltaire

Did you and shraeye think I was the SK based on my "slip", Voltaire?

Did you make a "slip"? We both just thought you were super-scummy, and since there was another scum in the game, we wanted you lynched.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: September 11, 2013, 07:28:52 pm »

boooooooo, i wanna know what went through your mind before shooting me over nkirbit.  Was there doubt?  How could I have increased that doubt, if yuma had given me the chance to post at all (also, boooo yuma)

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: September 11, 2013, 07:29:56 pm »

have the QTs been released yet?  You should do that Archetype!  I could send mine out, and yuma his...but it's nice to have them in one place.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: September 11, 2013, 07:32:42 pm »

have the QTs been released yet?  You should do that Archetype!  I could send mine out, and yuma his...but it's nice to have them in one place.

They were released right after the post declaring winners.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: September 11, 2013, 07:34:59 pm »

boooooooo, i wanna know what went through your mind before shooting me over nkirbit.  Was there doubt?  How could I have increased that doubt, if yuma had given me the chance to post at all (also, boooo yuma)
He pointed out the bussing (if him and volt were scum) that volt was doing to him D2 and to each other D3, and the fact that you were the one that volt least mentioned.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: September 11, 2013, 07:38:51 pm »

Technically, shraeye's first loss as mafia was LOTR2, right?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: September 11, 2013, 07:39:27 pm »

Technically, shraeye's first loss as mafia was LOTR2, right?

I think he meant first loss on the yuma stats, which don't count RMM.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: September 11, 2013, 07:41:25 pm »

if yuma had given me the chance to post at all (also, boooo yuma)

yeah.... sorry about that. It wasn't done spitefully. I didn't think how it would affect you. I was a little absorbed in a woe is me pity-party. I do feel bad about it.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: September 11, 2013, 08:53:29 pm »

I do wonder how it would have turned out.  I think I did have a better case, but Shraeye is much more eloquent than I am so there's a good chance he would have been able to convince mail-mi.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62]  All

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 19 queries.