Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 62  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXIX: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Dinner Party (Game Over! Universe Wins!)  (Read 144059 times)

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXIX: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Dinner Party (Day 3!)
« Reply #1200 on: September 04, 2013, 09:39:32 pm »

Why Ash?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: September 04, 2013, 09:40:28 pm »

Why didn't you shoot N2?  You had more information, and better reads, N2 than you did N1.  Why did you choose to shoot on the night where you had less info, then choose to not shoot on the night you had more info?
N1 I had a scum read on ash. And frankly, I was annoyed by him. N2 I was thinking about shooting you, however if we lynched you I wanted the whole town to have the info. I was not thinking that we would only have 6 players alive today.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: September 04, 2013, 09:41:23 pm »

Btw, don't lynch me or town loses.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: September 04, 2013, 09:42:50 pm »

YOU SEEM AWFULLY CAUTIOUS, MAIL-MI. WHERE'S YOUR ANSWER TO WHY YOU DIDNT SHOOT NIGHT 2?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: September 04, 2013, 09:43:09 pm »

Oh, I see it.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: September 04, 2013, 09:43:46 pm »

You seem eerily brief, mail-mi. If I were making a PR claim, I would be like explaining myself here, not like offering quick one-liners.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXIX: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Dinner Party (Day 1!)
« Reply #1206 on: September 04, 2013, 09:44:56 pm »

Mod question: If a player is targeted twice in the same night by different players will the flavor the next morning reflect that?

That is will the flavor have something like, "2 bullet holes were in his chest"? Or will the player just be announced dead? Also will SK kills and mafia kills and vig kills have a different way of killing or are all kills created equal?

All deaths will be reflected as 'Player X, Player Y, Player Z were vaporized'. So nothing distinguishes between the different killers or how many killed the target.

If two+ players night kill same target, who gets the cannibal info?

It's in OP#2. But, anyone that kills them will get the cannibal info.

Hm. CAn someone rekill a dead player to get the info?

This question is odd, looking back, perhaps it supports mail-mi being a vig?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: September 04, 2013, 09:45:25 pm »

You seem eerily brief, mail-mi. If I were making a PR claim, I would be like explaining myself here, not like offering quick one-liners.

I would too, but I'm also not mail-mi. 

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: September 04, 2013, 09:47:34 pm »

The last thing that mail-mi did before Voltgloss's slip was vote Ash.  That's consistent with vigging Ash night1.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: September 04, 2013, 09:51:39 pm »

It is. And I can actually picture mail-mi deciding to do it, it makes sense for him, I think. But still, it's like he doesnt even care that the whole game rests on how well he explains this.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: September 04, 2013, 09:52:08 pm »

Some good history digging by nkirbit. Making me a little less suspicious of mail-mi... or does it just mean that it is fully planned out? Leaning toward a little less suspicious I think. Especially the weird question to the mod.

The thing about mail-mi is that him claiming to be the vig increases his chances of being mafia I think. It is now more like a 50/50. Because either he is the vig. Or he is lying. Certainly other factors go into those percentages (play, reads, votes, etc, etc.) but at the basic core it is one or the other.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: September 04, 2013, 09:54:06 pm »

Some good history digging by nkirbit. Making me a little less suspicious of mail-mi... or does it just mean that it is fully planned out? Leaning toward a little less suspicious I think. Especially the weird question to the mod.

The thing about mail-mi is that him claiming to be the vig increases his chances of being mafia I think. It is now more like a 50/50. Because either he is the vig. Or he is lying. Certainly other factors go into those percentages (play, reads, votes, etc, etc.) but at the basic core it is one or the other.

Yes, this is true.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: September 04, 2013, 09:55:00 pm »

But, if I'm town (which I am), if you lynch me you lose.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: September 04, 2013, 09:56:51 pm »

Let's say mail-mi is scum.

Remember that ash claimed not-PR.

For scum mail-mi to safely claim vig, he has to kill the vig at some point. The vig wasn't ash, assuming ash didn't lie as town (please no). So that gives him only one night to have killed the vig.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: September 04, 2013, 09:57:21 pm »

I think my only hang up with mail-mi's claim is that it would require both scum teams to have shot chairs. Like nkirbit said, this is possible. But is it plausible? I guess it kinda depends on who the mafia is. I think anyone that had previously played in a multiball game before would know that duplicating kills with an opposing scum team is pretty bad thus thinking that it might be better to leave the obvious kill to the other team?

But then again, I think we all were a little stumped when ashersky turned up dead. We couldn't quite figure out why scum would choose to kill him. So maybe this explains that.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: September 04, 2013, 09:57:38 pm »

If you're scum and we don't lynch you, we stand a good chance of losing anyway, because our real vig is dead.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: September 04, 2013, 09:58:23 pm »

I think my only hang up with mail-mi's claim is that it would require both scum teams to have shot chairs. Like nkirbit said, this is possible. But is it plausible? I guess it kinda depends on who the mafia is. I think anyone that had previously played in a multiball game before would know that duplicating kills with an opposing scum team is pretty bad thus thinking that it might be better to leave the obvious kill to the other team?

But then again, I think we all were a little stumped when ashersky turned up dead. We couldn't quite figure out why scum would choose to kill him. So maybe this explains that.

Scum actually do tend to think alike. Your team and mine duplicated our shraeye kill out of like a dozen people in DS9.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: September 04, 2013, 09:58:42 pm »

Scum actually do tend to think alike. Your team and mine duplicated our shraeye kill out of like a dozen people in DS9.

And Dsell? One or the other or both, I don't remember.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: September 04, 2013, 09:59:09 pm »

Okay hold on though, not everybody claimed, right? Still need Voltaire? Did shraeye claim?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: September 04, 2013, 09:59:20 pm »

Counterclaims still possible.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: September 04, 2013, 09:59:44 pm »

I think we are basically at that point with nearly everyone. I mean, yes, if we leave you alive and if you are the vig, you could conceivably shoot someone tonight (if we mislynch... if we hit correctly I still think it is probably best for the vig to not shoot) and keep us in the game. But really, I don't think this is something we can take into consideration. If you are scum, we need to lynch you and not worry about the repercussions.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: September 04, 2013, 10:01:34 pm »

Yes we did. But that is what I mean by it probably depends on who scum is. If scum is someone that has had experience with such events (so shraeye, you, me, eevee?) then I think they would know the risk of potentially hurting themselves by shooting the same person as the opposing team. But someone new to multiball might not consider that as heavily. So it kinda ends up being a moot point as we don't know who is scum (obviously).

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: September 04, 2013, 10:03:39 pm »

One thing we can take away from mail-mi's claim here though is that both jorbles and eevee were killed by scum teams. Not by a vig (unless he is counterclaimed... which I just don't see happening robz. The only way scum!mail-mi claims is if he knows the vig is dead. Claiming with the vig potentially alive is way too dangerous and risky... but yes, we do need to hear from shraeye and voltaire). I am not sure what that means, but we can take that much away.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: September 04, 2013, 10:06:06 pm »

Oh, we could have also had roleblocking, Night 1. Vig mail-mi shoots ash, scum shoots chairs, SK blocked, etc.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: September 04, 2013, 10:07:29 pm »

But would a scum team really try to kill a claimed VT?

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 62  All

Page created in 0.862 seconds with 20 queries.