Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 62  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXIX: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Dinner Party (Game Over! Universe Wins!)  (Read 143032 times)

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXIX: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Dinner Party (Day 3!)
« Reply #1225 on: September 04, 2013, 10:07:34 pm »

I don't think that Ash was the vig, that's for certain.  If Ash was actually the vig, claiming Amy Pond as his flavor name is disastrous, as the true Amy Pond could counterclaim and we get into a town vs town situation.

I also don't think that Mail-Mi is scum who has not shot the Vigilante.  Claimed Vig without knowing the Vig is dead would not be smart, I don't think.

I think the only situation in which Mail-Mi being scum makes sense is if he shot Eevee or Jorbles Night 2, and they turned out to be the scum.

It's possible, but I do think it's less likely than mail-mi just being the Vigilante himself.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: September 04, 2013, 10:08:04 pm »

Let's say mail-mi is scum.

Remember that ash claimed not-PR.

For scum mail-mi to safely claim vig, he has to kill the vig at some point. The vig wasn't ash, assuming ash didn't lie as town (please no). So that gives him only one night to have killed the vig.

Oh Robz said exactly what I said before I did, haha.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: September 04, 2013, 10:09:30 pm »

I think my only hang up with mail-mi's claim is that it would require both scum teams to have shot chairs. Like nkirbit said, this is possible. But is it plausible? I guess it kinda depends on who the mafia is. I think anyone that had previously played in a multiball game before would know that duplicating kills with an opposing scum team is pretty bad thus thinking that it might be better to leave the obvious kill to the other team?

But then again, I think we all were a little stumped when ashersky turned up dead. We couldn't quite figure out why scum would choose to kill him. So maybe this explains that.

Well, one scum team could also have been roleblocked.  We wouldn't have necessarily seen a successful roleblocked claimed, because the roleblocker can't have even be sure their roleblock worked.

If scum are going to both target the same player, it's going to be the claimed cop.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: September 04, 2013, 10:11:37 pm »

I think my only hang up with mail-mi's claim is that it would require both scum teams to have shot chairs. Like nkirbit said, this is possible. But is it plausible? I guess it kinda depends on who the mafia is. I think anyone that had previously played in a multiball game before would know that duplicating kills with an opposing scum team is pretty bad thus thinking that it might be better to leave the obvious kill to the other team?

But then again, I think we all were a little stumped when ashersky turned up dead. We couldn't quite figure out why scum would choose to kill him. So maybe this explains that.
But would a scum team really try to kill a claimed VT?

If they thought he was the other scumteam, maybe.  But mail-mi shooting Ashersky is what I think happened... I believe mail-mi's claim.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: September 04, 2013, 10:12:14 pm »

Well, one scum team could also have been roleblocked.  We wouldn't have necessarily seen a successful roleblocked claimed, because the roleblocker can't have even be sure their roleblock worked.

If scum are going to both target the same player, it's going to be the claimed cop.

Yes I think I do agree with you. Although the SK is less worried about the cop than the mafia. But really I think it boils down to whether or not a scum team would want to kill ashersky. And I think the answer is probably no. So that makes mail-mi's claim more believable in the end. And I think I am going to accept it.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: September 04, 2013, 10:14:08 pm »

Also, the SK could have been shot night1 and kept alive due to his bulletproof.  Maybe Eevee or Jorbles were the SK who were shot both N1 and N2.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: September 04, 2013, 10:16:46 pm »

Also, it makes sense for my top scum read to be town beyond a reasonable doubt now.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: September 04, 2013, 10:16:55 pm »

Because, I suck.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: September 04, 2013, 10:18:19 pm »

Also, if mail-mi is lying, our vig is dead, and that's extremely bad for us, probably. So the situations where he is telling the truth are in general going to be the ones we want to be true. I mean, if we have to gamble, that's the gamble that is better for other reasons.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: September 04, 2013, 10:28:17 pm »

Voltaire is now my preferred lynch. Likely the one I will vigorously press for. (Of course he'll likely claim roleblocker, and we'll go through this again.)

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: September 04, 2013, 10:29:34 pm »

I'm not done yeling at mail-mi by the way.

Do. Not. Shoot. On. Night. 1. Ever. Period. Never. Hits. Scum. Thanks.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: September 04, 2013, 10:30:28 pm »

Voltaire is now my preferred lynch. Likely the one I will vigorously press for. (Of course he'll likely claim roleblocker, and we'll go through this again.)

This is a lynch I can get behind!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: September 05, 2013, 10:33:57 am »

So we are still waiting for voltaire ands shraeye. Shraeye hasn't been online since we started claiming. However, Voltaire has. His profile says he was online at 9:58 ft this morning. Not sure if he has seen that we are in the process of claiming though.

shraeye and voltaire, please claim when you are next viewing this thread.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: September 05, 2013, 10:37:20 am »

This is a lynch I can get behind!
I think I can too. He's the only one (other than Yuma, who I don't prefer lynching) and I had a scummier read on him D1 and 2.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: September 05, 2013, 10:52:48 am »

This is what I get for reading other games first.

I am not a PR.

I thought that Robz was the Vig. Lio (pretty sure it was lio) made a point that Robz's D2 rant about the Vig not shooting N1 seemed over-the-top and forced. That would make complete sense for why Robz wouldn't give it D1 (he was the Vig) and it also fits with how I've seen Robz play (his "argh why did the game restart" rant in B2B when he rolled scum again). Yuma correctly pointed out that my actions regarding Robz don't fit unless there's additional info and there it is - I didn't want to out Robz.

Incorrectly, it turns out, just like how I thought UoS was the Auror in HP.

Put me in the camp that believes mail-mi. This also basically removes my town read on Robz, since it was based on an incorrect assumption.

Care to explain why?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: September 05, 2013, 10:53:40 am »

I think I can too. He's the only one (other than Yuma, who I don't prefer lynching) and I had a scummier read on him D1 and 2.

Only one what?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: September 05, 2013, 11:05:38 am »

:'(we're  really doing this? Fine. I'm the vig. Ash was a VT.

can we get a flavor claim with this?

Why did you ask for a flavor claim? If mail-mi were fake-claiming the info is in the second post.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: September 05, 2013, 11:12:32 am »

:'(we're  really doing this? Fine. I'm the vig. Ash was a VT.

can we get a flavor claim with this?

Why did you ask for a flavor claim? If mail-mi were fake-claiming the info is in the second post.

Yes I know. But if mail-mi were scum there was a small chance he would forget and panic claim something else. It was a long shot... But if it worked, it would be a very simple way to out mafia.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: September 05, 2013, 11:59:23 am »

Only one what?
That I haven't seriously reread yet.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: September 05, 2013, 12:21:19 pm »

Day 3 ends on September 6th at 6:15 PM Forum Time

That I haven't seriously reread yet.

You seriously don't have much time.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: September 05, 2013, 12:25:07 pm »

We should be claiming our flavor too. I am jack harkness

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: September 05, 2013, 12:28:50 pm »

Why? Scum have safe claims. I don't see what this accomplishes. (Though I also don't see what it hurts, so...Jackie Tyler.)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: September 05, 2013, 12:34:40 pm »

Rory Williams

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: September 05, 2013, 01:54:33 pm »

Ood Sigma

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: September 05, 2013, 01:55:04 pm »

Why? Scum have safe claims. I don't see what this accomplishes. (Though I also don't see what it hurts, so...Jackie Tyler.)

Not necessarily. Suppose there are two mafia still alive, and they killed chairs night 1. They only have 1 safe claim to make.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 62  All

Page created in 2.086 seconds with 16 queries.