Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Author Topic: Non-Mafia Games Queue  (Read 25123 times)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
Re: Non-Mafia Games Queue
« Reply #150 on: November 03, 2015, 05:51:56 pm »

OK, I'll work on a rule-set that's hopefully agreeable and post it for input (probably in a new thread). I think capping the number of players will also probably create a better game.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 03, 2015, 05:58:29 pm »

OK, I'll work on a rule-set that's hopefully agreeable and post it for input (probably in a new thread).

I'm doing the same.

I think capping the number of players will also probably create a better game.

Not sure if I agree or not, but I think it's something to discuss after the game has started.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 03, 2015, 06:25:59 pm »

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 03, 2015, 06:32:50 pm »

100% in. Would also love it if we didn't start a new game and just changed everything in one go, that would be fun. But anyway.

I think it's been long enough that there will be people who were playing that will no longer be. Best to start a new game I think.

Yes, that's the point - the next rule would reset the game to a new game with new players. Part of the spirit of a nomic, really.

Anyway it was only a semi-serious suggestion.

rspeer

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 13, 2015, 03:28:52 am »

I'd like to get in an upcoming game of Codenames.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 15, 2015, 10:59:03 am »

I'd like to get in an upcoming game of Codenames.
We need a replacement in code names V if you want to join.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 12, 2016, 09:30:04 pm »

Should I open Dark Dynasty (http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=14935.msg576390#msg576390) as a Mafia game of Non-Mafia game?

If I should open it as a non-Mafia game, who should I PM to get added to the queue? Or should I just make a post here?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 12, 2016, 09:34:42 pm »

Should I open Dark Dynasty (http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=14935.msg576390#msg576390) as a Mafia game of Non-Mafia game?

If I should open it as a non-Mafia game, who should I PM to get added to the queue? Or should I just make a post here?
Non-Mafia, and just start a thread for it.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 12, 2016, 09:36:37 pm »

Non-Mafia, and just start a thread for it.
Okay, I'll edit the rules to make it more appropriate for online play, and it could be open very soon!
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 19, 2016, 08:51:17 pm »

I haven't updated this post in a long time as I wasn't really interested in playing forum games lately. Is there any need to keep this up to date? I mean there wasn't really a lot going on besides of Codenames.

Also I'm interested to play forum games again. Anyone else interested? Who likes to moderate what game? I would be open to moderate some games as well.

As explained here: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=14540.msg557806#msg557806
I like to try out one of these dice games: Favor of the Pharaoh, Dice City, Artifacts Inc.
New on my list is also Valeria Card Kingdoms, a fantasy themed Machi Koro with less player interaction but more satisfaction as you get your ressources a lot fester. Also it has hidden goals. As far I can tell they would all work well via PBF; I just don't own the games and need to look up if I can find the card texts. And of course someone needs to be interested.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 04, 2018, 06:20:48 am »

Is anyone interested in a PBF again? I would like to organize a few games. I just need players. Learning Colonists atm. Really cool game, like Anno the Board Game. It would work really well as PBF. I have Tabletop Simulator btw now as well. I would use screenshots from that. Old favourites like Pandemic and Mage Knight would work as well, but I am open to most suggestions.

Anyone want to play games directly on TTS, I would be open too as well. Would love to play through Pandemic Legacy again with a play group.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 04, 2018, 06:22:59 am »

Is anyone interested in a PBF again? I would like to organize a few games. I just need players. Learning Colonists atm. Really cool game, like Anno the Board Game. It would work really well as PBF. I have Tabletop Simulator btw now as well. I would use screenshots from that. Old favourites like Pandemic and Mage Knight would work as well, but I am open to most suggestions.

Anyone want to play games directly on TTS, I would be open too as well. Would love to play through Pandemic Legacy again with a play group.

I would love to do Pandemic Legacy but I am afraid I am kinda short on time :( what is the estimate weekly time needed?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 04, 2018, 06:29:24 am »

1h per game. It is about 16-18 games

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 04, 2018, 06:35:45 am »

Btw TTS is on sale right now for about 6h. If you want to buy it, need to decide quickly.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 04, 2018, 07:03:17 am »

Mysterium could be fun. We did a few Dixit games here, it worked decently, but I feel like Mysterium might work better because of the cooperative aspect that encourages discussion.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 04, 2018, 07:27:50 am »

Mysterium has a timing aspect though, but other than that, it could work pretty well yes, agreed

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 04, 2018, 08:52:16 am »

The timing aspect is pretty ignorable isn't it ? We could presumably have, I don't know, 48-hour deadlines for each round or something ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 04, 2018, 09:19:19 am »

I guess so. Who would be in?

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 08, 2018, 01:18:23 pm »

I'd be in for Colonists. I liked that game when playing IRL, but we stopped when we had only managed to play 1 of the 4 ages after 4 hours

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2018, 06:16:12 pm »

A game where you're only a quarter of the way through after 4 hours? That sounds like my sort of game.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 11, 2018, 06:20:44 pm »

If no one objects me playing as well, I would then open a 3 player game.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 12, 2018, 02:03:50 am »

If no one objects me playing as well, I would then open a 3 player game.

Game of what exactly?
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 12, 2018, 02:09:40 am »

Colonists

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 12, 2018, 08:34:10 am »

Here a short rundown on Colonists for those on the fence:

The game is fairly simple at its core. You have a main meeple (Steward) that you move on a hex grid of tiles. To every tile you move to, you do what the tile says which is gathering resources or spending them for buildings on your tableau for the most part. You have 3 moves per turn, that is basically the core of it.

Rules in a nutshell:

- The game takes place over 4 eras, each 5 years long, each 2 half-years, each taking each player 3 moves on a hex grid of tiles, making this 120 moves per player.
- Each Hex Tile triggers an action. The actions are mostly
-- either gathering the resources
-- or refining the resources (wood into planks, clay into bricks, ore into bars)
-- or spending the resources for a building that you add to your tableau. Sometimes you also
-- sell resources for money (=VP)
-- get cards
-- play cards

3 more key rules:

1.) Moving: You can either move to an adjacent tile (you can only go to a tile if you can fulfill the action) or jump to a Market of your choice. You can't end after 3 moves on the same spot you started. If you enter a space of an opponent you have to pay him a fee (exception: Markets).
2.) Paying resources: You need to have the full cost in your storage available. Additional resources in warehouses or production building buffers (which can store one year worth of production) aren't available to you. But you can swap the content of storage and warehouse, move buffer resources to your storage or get rid of resources before any action.
3.) Workers: Almost every building needs to be run by a worker. There are 3 tiers: Farmer (green), Citizen (yellow), Merchant (red) and the icon of the building shows by which kind of worker and how many it needs to be run. Each year and when you man a building you have to pay food and/or clothes depending on the tier of the worker.

Other than that you just follow the order of events. Every year there is sustenance and production, additional tiles get added to the grid. Every era the card piles get swapped. Moves are fairly straightforward in my experience quite often (most of the 120 turns are quite obvious), difficulty comes mainly into play through the random 4 out of 8 colony buildings that are in the game which drastically change your game powers and deciding for the correct colonies is quite important. Not sure why Watno's group's experience was so long, I have only played Singleplayer though so far. Box basically says 4h for the full game. First game of course takes longer. Rules: http://mayfairgames.com/files/supportfiles/thecolonists_rules_en_v7.pdf

I would be happy to organize a game and if no one objects play in it. The only hidden information are the cards, but knowing these doesn't change much I believe for the majority of the game.

ghostofmars

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 16, 2018, 03:23:35 am »

If you still need a player, I'd play.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 20 queries.