Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 57  All

Author Topic: Role Madness VI: Mafia Noir - Home of the only TRUE Mafia: (MAFIA WIN)  (Read 115199 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Role Madness VI: Mafia Noir - Home of the only TRUE Mafia: (Day 2 Begins!)
« Reply #800 on: January 25, 2013, 07:54:02 am »

I want to stress that the first post is the one you should read more carefully. The second is sort of meh I could just as well have not posted.

Shraeye and mcmc, can you give us your reads on everyone? You don't have to make it as long as I did, but something to that effect would be nice.
I'll get there later today I hope.
Cool, we still have 10 days so it's not like we are in a terrible hurry.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: January 25, 2013, 08:33:53 am »

Lekkit has replaced Archetype.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: January 25, 2013, 08:38:25 am »

Welcome Lekkit!

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: January 25, 2013, 08:39:39 am »

Hi, guys, I'm in the middle of a read-through. Don't lynch me plz.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: January 25, 2013, 08:50:21 am »

Vote: Lekkit

just a joke

Unvote

Welcome and I'm interested what you have to say.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: January 25, 2013, 09:03:56 am »

unvote okay well I will do a reread at some point, I know this sounds bad but honestly my opinions have been your opinions, I believe you and your role and think the people you have suspected have been suspicious. I am interested to hear from lekkit, I still found arch scummy regardless of the lurking. This is one of the few games I don't get me typical scum vibe from ash. Also I still don't like the way dsell reacted to the case on him. Barring this new evidence you have on him I would still want to lynh him. I will have to do a reread to get Yuma and shraeye.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: January 25, 2013, 10:10:53 am »

Ok. So I've read everything up to this point now. I have some thoughts. Unfortunately I have only one scumread that I actually feel confident about, but it comes with a scumslip. I would like to do a reread of that player and some other specifically as well. But for now, in case Galz counts Archetype's vote as mine: Unvote

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: January 25, 2013, 10:11:33 am »

Now that that's out of the way: Vote: Eevee  ;)

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: January 25, 2013, 10:12:48 am »

:o

Seriously? So, you're going the same way as Archetype?
I think I have to Vote: Lekkit

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: January 25, 2013, 10:14:04 am »

Also, I'm not really fond of meta arguments, but I'm going to make one regardless. I know not all of you played in RMM3, but if any of you remember Eevee's play there, it's kind of exactly a mirror of that game. Except he's gunning for Dsell day 2 instead of me.

Going back for the scumslip day 1.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: January 25, 2013, 10:15:19 am »

I'm interested on that scumslip. Can't wait to hear that.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: January 25, 2013, 10:21:19 am »

Oh and expect I just announced I do not think Dsell is scum and that we should look for alternative lynches. Was mcmc the only one who even saw that post?

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Role Madness VI: Mafia Noir - Home of the only TRUE Mafia: (Day 1 Begins!)
« Reply #812 on: January 25, 2013, 10:22:39 am »

Now, you might ask why not go for ashersky before Robz then. Well, ashersky has been the single most active townie this far. I haven't agreed with him always, but he has tried to keep this game moving more than anyone. Someone like that we want to keep alive but have as much as information on as possible.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: January 25, 2013, 10:23:35 am »

@Eevee: When enough people (including me) thought I was a bad lynch you backed off, remember? (In RMM3)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 25, 2013, 10:25:23 am »

@Eevee: When enough people (including me) thought I was a bad lynch you backed off, remember? (In RMM3)
That's clearly not what happened here though.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: January 25, 2013, 10:26:51 am »

Now, you might ask why not go for ashersky before Robz then. Well, ashersky has been the single most active townie this far. I haven't agreed with him always, but he has tried to keep this game moving more than anyone. Someone like that we want to keep alive but have as much as information on as possible.

I can't see any scumslip here. You have to explain to me what you mean.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: January 25, 2013, 10:27:06 am »

There were voices defending Dsell. Qvist being one of them. And he's town according to you, remember?

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: January 25, 2013, 10:28:50 am »

Well, ashersky has been the single most active townie this far.

Not the most active towny player. The most active townie.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: January 25, 2013, 10:31:21 am »

Unvote

@Eevee: why don't you like the wagon analysis. Do you really believe all 3 scum were on the wagon. I'm suggesting that at least one scum was probably not on the robz wagon. Robz was scummy as hell that wagon would have caused a lynch regardless of scum involvement. Therefore I do believe that at least one scum would have been happy to watch it go over without their involvement. For me that is a small subset of three people.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: January 25, 2013, 01:28:55 pm »

I pulled up alongside an old beaten down cafe. The front window was shattered and the sidewalk outside was stained a deep sickening red. It had been a few months since I had been here, but I knew what I was looking for would still be around.

I got out of my car and walked up to the front door. The street was deserted in both directions, and there was no sign of life inside the shop. I reached for the handle to the door, but it was locked. No surprise.

I walked around to the side of the building, taking one last glance back at my car. Still no signs of life in this neighborhood, but you could never be too careful.

The side of the building was as run down as the front. The paneling was peeling from the walls, and the trash bin looked as if it hadn't been emptied since the last time I was here. The stench in the air was foul, and it didn't take much to guess what was filling those bins. Still, that wasn't what I came here for.

Walking slowly along the side of the building I reached what I was looking for. A solid steel door, rusted, with green paint peeling away.

"Grandi!"

No response. "Uncle Joe" Grandi had been a small time drugs dealer for years. Always thought more of himself then he was actually worth. Probably watched too many gangster movies. Still, he was a good source for information in this town, and he did owe me for keeping his tail out of the fire the last time we met.

I pounded on the door.

"Grandi! Open up! I know that you're in there!"

Still no response. I didn't want to have to do this the hard way.

"Grandi, one more time! Open the door now, or things are gonna get messy!"

Last warning. I drew my pistol and aimed it at the lock. Just as I was about to pull the trigger the door swung open. Inside stood a a short man, about 5' 2", with  a greasy, slicked down, unmanageable and ill-fitting hairpiece. My man.

"Good choice Grandi. May I come in?"

I stepped through the door without waiting for a reply. The room I entered was dimly lit; only one light in the corner was on, and it was flickering steadily - ready to burn out at any moment, I imagine.

The room itself was cramped and full of junk. There was a table in the middle with half a table-cloth sticking out from underneath a pile of filthy papers. The sink in the corner had dishes overflowing onto the grimy countertop and there was a pot on the floor that was catching water from a leak in the roof.

"Seems like you're keeping yourself well."

"Why, inspector Reardon, umm... well... to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Grandi, seems people have been going missing. What do you know about it?"

"Nothing! Nothing man, I swear!"

"Cut the crap Grandi. There's nobody in the city who keeps closer track of the comings and goings. It would be bad for business not to know. Now tell me who took Marlowe."

"Really Inspector, I haven't heard nothing! I mean... well, there was this thing... but man, you wouldn't be interested in it!"

"Talk Grandi."

"Nuh-uh. What's in it for me? You want informataion, maybe I got it. But it's going to cost you."

"You're right Grandi. It'll cost me. How much would you say the cost of a bullet is these days? I don't think an extra body in your trash outside would stand out, do you?"

"Now now inspector! No need for threats. Besides, you kill me then you got nothing."

"Alright Grandi. I won't kill you. But I can have the cops down here faster than you can call for mama to come save your sorry hide. How does 20 to life sound?"

"Ok! Ok! Man, I'm just trying to survive. It's a rough nasty world we're living in! Can't a man do a little honest business to keep himself well? But no. You want to strip me of everything I know without a thought of compensation then fine! But don't be surprised if the next body you find is mine, dead from starvation!"

"You haven't done any "honest business" your entire life Grandi. Now tell me what you know!"

"Fine. This is what I've heard. It's not much, mind you, but it's all I've got. You ever hear of a Detective Theodore Harding? Well, word has it he was real close to Marlowe. About a week ago, Harding went missing, but there was no sign of a struggle at his office. It wasn't covered by the press because the Comm kept it real hush hush, ya know? No bodies, no struggle, no nothing. What they DID find in his office was a note that read "must warn Marlowe - get outta town". Well, Harding hasn't shown up, and now Marlowe's gone missing as well. Who's taken him, I've no idea. I've heard that there's a crime syndicate on the rise though, filled with some of the most powerful people from across the world. If my sources are accurate, our city is just a stepping block for them. With all the big names out of the way, they can move on to something greater."

"And where can I find these guys? Any idea who they are?"

"Like I said, I don't know any details. The person who seemed to have any knowledge of the situation was Harding. Find him, and maybe you'll get some answers."

Harding. I had heard of the guy, but never had the chance to meet him. So he knew what was going on, but he was out of the picture as well huh? Seemed like whoever these guys were, Harding knew they were coming and skipped town. Probably I should do the same. But I couldn't just leave Marlowe.

"Alright Grandi. Thanks for the information. Do yourself a favor and clean up this joint. If the cops come sniffing I won't be able to save you like last time."

"Hey, no problem! Just, uh, hey, try to remember that I helped you out here, right? Next time I need a favor, I can come calling, right?"

"I'll see you around Grandi."

I walked back into the side alley. I didn't learn much from Grandi, but it was a start. Maybe I could find this Harding and learn what was going on. Next stop would have to be his old office. Maybe something would turn up there.

----------

Votecount: 2.4

Dsell (2): Cuzz, Shraeye
Lekkit (2): Dsell, Qvist
Cuzz (1): Yuma
Eevee (1): Lekkit

Not Voting {4}: Ashersky, Eevee, mcmcsalot, Insomniac

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline is February 4th, 10:00 PM forum time.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 03:51:48 pm by Galzria »
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: January 25, 2013, 03:52:40 pm »

Unvote for now but while it'll be easy for Lekkit to get in a flurry of information, I still found Archetype scummy for lurking then popping up at just the right time. Not sure how much of that was RL reasons though.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: January 25, 2013, 04:04:00 pm »

vote: eevee

Great catch by Lekkt, plus confirmation bias for me given how long I have been pushing the Eevee case.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: January 25, 2013, 04:05:41 pm »

I dunno if I see that being a real scumslip. I mean, maaaaaaaybe, but how often has prosecuting something like that actually gotten us a scum lynch?
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: January 25, 2013, 04:06:33 pm »

I dunno if I see that being a real scumslip. I mean, maaaaaaaybe, but how often has prosecuting something like that actually gotten us a scum lynch?

Ask Frisk.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: January 25, 2013, 04:07:55 pm »

This is at least more scumslip than some of the crap that gets called scumslips.  Still, with multiple interpretations to the word townie ("he is townie" vs. "that was townie of you"), I don't think that's a scumslip.  People yelling out false-scumslips has been annoying me recently.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 57  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 15 queries.