Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57]  All

Author Topic: Role Madness VI: Mafia Noir - Home of the only TRUE Mafia: (MAFIA WIN)  (Read 112738 times)

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
Re: Role Madness VI: Mafia Noir - Home of the only TRUE Mafia: (MAFIA WIN)
« Reply #1400 on: February 11, 2013, 04:20:56 pm »

I loved lying as town! And it would've been awesome if Cuzz had been mafia... :(

Anyway I don't think I hurt the town with it (except that it took Eevee TOO LONG after I had flipped bomb to realize I was lying) and it was a lot of fun.

Insom and Shraeye had such cool fakeclaims!
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: February 11, 2013, 04:22:54 pm »

BTW, great game, thanks to Galz and eHal for modding. Great setup, awesome flavor.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: February 11, 2013, 04:36:50 pm »

I loved lying as town! And it would've been awesome if Cuzz had been mafia... :(

Anyway I don't think I hurt the town with it (except that it took Eevee TOO LONG after I had flipped bomb to realize I was lying) and it was a lot of fun.

Insom and Shraeye had such cool fakeclaims!

FWIW, Galz posted my fake claim in the speccy QT.  2-shot Cowardly Reporter!
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: February 11, 2013, 04:45:23 pm »

Thanks Galzria for modding and the great puzzle and flavour.
Congrats Mafia for the win.

I was really lost in this game.
Eevee, your lie was totally awesome, even though we lost in the game. It might have been too early, but it turned the whole game in a different direction.
Yeah, it got the game starting.

Now I have to read the QTs.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: February 11, 2013, 04:50:46 pm »

My irrational fear that shraeye was an undercover town cop in our QT is pretty funny in retrospect.  But my flavor really pointed to death by traitor, and there happened to be a mafia traitor, so I figured it was possible.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: February 11, 2013, 05:01:32 pm »

I agree with Lekkit. The sheer gumption of fake-claiming 1-shot daycop as town.  We must remember this for next year's greatest moment ballot.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: February 11, 2013, 06:26:24 pm »

Hooray! This was a fun game, my favorite of RMMM thus far. I really liked my role as well and am happy with the way I played it.

At the time that I hammered mcmc my thought process was that I wanted to be lynched the next day. This was intended to be a distraction. That is if I was lynched it would be one less lynch that could hit mafia--the people I wanted to win. From there I decided that I wanted to try and out the last remaining big town PR, the JK. (At this point I was just assuming there was a JK).

My claim to have JK Cuzz was based off my own scum read on him, my suspicions of him from the day before and from eevee's "one of these three has a gun" comment. I was surprised that people were believing it until eevee outed me and was a little disappointed that Eevee was the one I outed rather than another player, but was very happy to see that I had cast a huge amount of suspicion on SK-Cuzz.

But well played by mafia, I am wondering what their reaction to me and my antics day 3 was?

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: February 11, 2013, 10:11:26 pm »

Aw man. Well I should have been dead some time ago so it's ok i guess.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: February 11, 2013, 10:19:29 pm »

Hooray! This was a fun game, my favorite of RMMM thus far. I really liked my role as well and am happy with the way I played it.

At the time that I hammered mcmc my thought process was that I wanted to be lynched the next day. This was intended to be a distraction. That is if I was lynched it would be one less lynch that could hit mafia--the people I wanted to win. From there I decided that I wanted to try and out the last remaining big town PR, the JK. (At this point I was just assuming there was a JK).

My claim to have JK Cuzz was based off my own scum read on him, my suspicions of him from the day before and from eevee's "one of these three has a gun" comment. I was surprised that people were believing it until eevee outed me and was a little disappointed that Eevee was the one I outed rather than another player, but was very happy to see that I had cast a huge amount of suspicion on SK-Cuzz.

But well played by mafia, I am wondering what their reaction to me and my antics day 3 was?

Honestly, I thought you were frustrated town.  I didn't think you were the SK, and thought you weren't mafia.

It definitely helped us out though, since it was hard to find connections between you and our team.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Role Madness VI: Mafia Noir - Home of the only TRUE Mafia: (Day 3 Begins!)
« Reply #1409 on: February 11, 2013, 10:26:28 pm »

Robz888:

--------------------

Nora: "Nick?"

You try your best to ignore her, letting out a soft snore into the darkness.

Nora: "Nicky?"

She won't be deterred. Sometimes you wish life was just you and Aster.

Nick: "What?"

Nora: "Are you asleep?"

Nick: "Yes"

Nora: "Good, I want to talk to you."

You sigh to yourself. You had given up detective work. Retired. Married even! Your days of sneaking through dark offices searching for lost files - or worse - were over! Still, you had to forgive Nora. She had only ever heard stories of your great adventures, and now here you both were, thrown into yet another case, and on your honeymoon no less!

You throw the covers off, sit up on the edge of the bed and reach over to turn on the light.

Nick: "Yes Nora dear, what is it?"

Nora: "Well Nicky, it's just that I was thinking... You used to know Marlowe from years back, didn't you? You always used to talk about the trouble the two of you had gotten in to together."

Nick: "Mmm"

Nora: "Well, if Marlowe HAS gone missing, and since we're in town and all, wouldn't it be just swell if you could help solve the mystery of his disappearance?"

Nick: "My dear, what would be just "dandy" is to be able to lie back down and get some sleep."

Nora: "Oh but Nick! This could be serious!"

Nick: "I think I seriously need a drink..."

Nora: "Nicky, if you're getting up, would you mind getting me a glass of water?"

Nick: "Are you sure you wouldn't like something a little stronger?"

Nora: "Oh no dear. I'm really quite tired. Just a little water will do."

Kicking Aster off the foot of your bed, you reach down to grab your slippers. Just as you're bending over, a bullet comes shattering through your window and lodges itself into your headboard, just behind where your head had been not a moment before. Aster runs to the broken window barking, and you can hear the sound of tires squealing off into the night as a car takes off from the alley-way just outside.

Nick: "It seems my dear that I may not have a choice in the matter. I shall begin looking into the case tomorrow. Happy?"

Nora: "Yes Nick. I am. But could you do me a small little favor and mix me up something a little stronger than that water?"

----------

You are Nick Charles http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thin_Man world-famous retired detective. At least you USED to be retired. Despite the fact that Nora comes from a very well-to-do family, the two of you had decided to leave most of your money at home when you went on your honeymoon. You thought it would be romantic to live a little more of a rustic lifestyle for a week or so.

Unfortunately this means that you don't have the funding to launch a full out investigation. The police, while certainly trying to stay in charge, aren't always that helpful. They've provided enough support to keep you running for two days, but after that you'll need to find funding from somewhere else.

Every night, as long as you have the supplies to do so, you may PM me the name of 1 player, performing an investigation on them and learning their alignment. At the start of the game, you have enough supplies to keep your operation running for two nights.

You win when all threats to the town are killed, or nothing can prevent this from happening.

No lie, one of my best friends (dude who got me into dominion way back when) is Nick and his gf is Nora.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: February 11, 2013, 10:42:16 pm »

I think my character's story arc remains unconcluded.  Someone should write a death scene.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: February 13, 2013, 09:08:22 am »

Most of my lying was reasonable, I guess. The lying wasn't why my play sucked here.

The daycop claim was unnecessary though, I panicked and didnt realize the Qvist case was so flimsy I could have been killed without a faked cop result.
This was a classy lie!

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: February 13, 2013, 09:09:05 am »

I thoguht for sure you were on a second scumteam, and the whole town was down to the two scumteams.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: February 13, 2013, 11:20:07 am »

Did we get the mod QT?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: February 13, 2013, 11:24:06 am »

Mod QT:

http://www.quicktopic.com/49/H/rGdC7Ct63mtQ

Sorry, I just grabbed the QT post from the mod thread originally, forgetting that it didn't contain the Mod QT link itself.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: February 13, 2013, 11:33:02 am »

Hello all! Sorry for lying about my role. It was inadvertent!

I don't know why I thought I was a vig. Too many PMs at once, I guess.

I like how there was a long debate in the Mod QT about it being a deliberate tactic. It wasn't!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: February 13, 2013, 01:51:03 pm »

I was just reading through the Mod QT, and noticed that someone suggested taht I claim SK.

I definitely thought about it, but I was worried that I'd get counterclaimed by Cuzz (it really would have been his best strategy just to claim SK after ashersky died, I think).  I didn't want to go to a 50/50 scenario against cuzz on an SK-claim when it definitely felt like a Cuzz lynch was inevitable at that point.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: February 13, 2013, 01:54:23 pm »

I was just reading through the Mod QT, and noticed that someone suggested taht I claim SK.

I definitely thought about it, but I was worried that I'd get counterclaimed by Cuzz (it really would have been his best strategy just to claim SK after ashersky died, I think).  I didn't want to go to a 50/50 scenario against cuzz on an SK-claim when it definitely felt like a Cuzz lynch was inevitable at that point.

I vaguely thought about this too, and correct me if I'm wrong which I very well might be, but I figured that it's more or less impossible to win once claiming SK. You survive another day or two because town wants you alive, but having claimed scum how can you expect to be kept alive until the end of the game?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: February 13, 2013, 01:57:38 pm »

"Interesting development that MAY not matter - but Insomniac is fighting hard for a Cuzz lynch instead of a Yuma lynch, probably completely confident that Yuma will go through - because he's expecting Yuma to flip town. He knows who the Mafia team are, and so he probably figures one of Dsell/Cuzz is a Vig, and the other SK - and he PROBABLY correctly thinks Cuzz is the SK."

Yes, I was pushing for Cuzz because I thought that Yuma was crazy-ass town, and thought that Cuzz was SK. When Yuma flipped scum I thought I was doomed.

"Maybe Ins wants to claim something especially powerful. Maybe he'll actually claim doctor." fully intended to claim rotating PR the entire time, was fighting it because I was going to claim being in Doc mode, which as town you don't want to be knowledge thats out there, and I figured I could push "I didn't want to claim because I'm in doc mode, and by not claiming mafia think I'm powerful BUT they don't know that I'm DOCTOR powerful because a doctor already died"
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: February 13, 2013, 01:59:24 pm »

Related question.  What town PR should mafia fear the most?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: February 13, 2013, 02:00:19 pm »

I vaguely thought about this too, and correct me if I'm wrong which I very well might be, but I figured that it's more or less impossible to win once claiming SK. You survive another day or two because town wants you alive, but having claimed scum how can you expect to be kept alive until the end of the game?

Eh it depends, town only thought there was one mafia and one sk left, which I was pushing, had they known it was 2 mafia AND 1 sk, then claiming SK can work because:
Lynch one of the non-confirmed town, either shraeye/insom. Mafia MUST attempt to shoot you, you activate bulletproof, and shoot town.

Then it goes to 1 Town, 1 Mafia, 1 SK. And the town player gets to kingmake either mafia or SK. And Town NORMALLY kingmakes the SK.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: February 13, 2013, 02:00:31 pm »

Jailkeeper.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: February 13, 2013, 02:02:16 pm »

Jailkeeper.

Well

IC>Cop>Jailkeeper>everything else

Unlimited Bulletproof is naturally scary but you can endgame them or lynch them.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: February 13, 2013, 02:06:33 pm »

A nexus?  That was essentially what Archetype was in PokeAwesome, and it makes it possible for mafia to shoot themselves.  It's much worse than BP.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: February 13, 2013, 02:09:40 pm »

A nexus?  That was essentially what Archetype was in PokeAwesome, and it makes it possible for mafia to shoot themselves.  It's much worse than BP.

It all depends too. A claimed Nexus is not at all scary. an UNCLAIMED nexus is horrifying though.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57]  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 19 queries.