Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 75  All

Author Topic: Mafia XV - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS  (Read 161766 times)

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XV - Day 2 - Spec QT available w/mini game
« Reply #575 on: November 18, 2012, 01:06:50 pm »

Volt, you're writing a case on Yuma, right?  How bout we just lynch Yuma so Volt doesn't have to feel bad about not posting the case.  SOMEONE HAMMER!!!

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 18, 2012, 01:18:36 pm »

Does anyone voting for yuma (besides volt) have a case for it besides the hammer?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: November 18, 2012, 01:22:30 pm »

I dont think Volt needs to put in that much effort in order to stay in the game. It's not like anyone else is posting here either..

My stance on yuma should be pretty clear by now. All this lurking and stalling is making my reads less clear though. :/

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: November 18, 2012, 01:25:35 pm »

I'm back.

First: PLEASE EVERYONE CALM DOWN. THIS IS A GAME!
@Voltgloss: Family is first priority and if you have to leave the game because of them, then do it. But, please don't leave. It's great that you replaced Grujah, but another replacement would reall be horrible. You don't need to post twitter-like one-liners here. I don't understand the "Lynch all lurkers" thing. We all have a private life.

Ok, now back to the game.

Inofficial vote count:
Jotheonah (1) - Eevee
yuma (4) - Voltgloss, jotheonah, TheMunch, ashersky
Eevee (1) - Qvist
ashersky (1) - yuma
Captain_Frisk (1) - Axxle

Not voting: Captain_Frisk

@Captain_Frisk: The whole Voltgloss voting sort of backfired. I still think he's the scummiest person around here. What's that with "lynch all lurkers"? I mean why?
@yuma: I didn't like the band wagon here either. But I'm still confident that you're town.
@TheMunch: I already explained why I don't vote on yuma. And why did you sort of double vote on yuma in #541? I don't like that. It sort of gave the impression that he is now on L-1.
@ashersky: I didn't like your L-1 on yuma, especially with that strange reason.

I go back and Vote: Captain_Frisk

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: November 18, 2012, 01:29:25 pm »

Does anyone voting for yuma (besides volt) have a case for it besides the hammer?
also, who is your second choice?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: November 18, 2012, 01:31:17 pm »

My second choice is Eevee, hands down.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: November 18, 2012, 01:40:17 pm »

My second choice is Eevee, hands down.

Let me clarify.  Eevee isn't for sure scum to me but he my biggest 2nd scum read.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: November 18, 2012, 03:23:33 pm »

I also say Eevee. I think his flip would be informative, among other things. But if yuma flips town, Eevee will look quite a bit townier to me also.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: November 18, 2012, 06:22:03 pm »

couple of points:

1. sorry if I was overly sensitive yesterday or something... If you want to interpret my apologies as a scum maneuver, I won't dispute it. But regardless of my alignment know that they were sincere and were not part of any strategy. I don't like hurting other people. It goes against everything I stand for and when I do, I want to make sure I put it right above all else.

2. Volt: I didn't mean to ask for huge cases on every person. I appreciate the effort you have put in thus far, but even a rather simple scum to town list would suffice. Please don't /out, unless you really think you should.

3. when/if I get lynched... remember these words from Volt "such cases are attractive - by which I mean, if someone inadvertently makes an evidence-based case against a player who is in fact Town, then the Mafia are likely to join that wagon because they have a ready-made excuse when the wagonee flips Town:  'the case was compelling, I was pretty sure he was scum!'"

4. I am highly annoyed by theMunch. If he is town. He is playing really, really bad as town. And I do think he is town, so I think his play is bad. If nothing else, my getting lynched will teach him (if he is town) a lesson about holding too strongly onto a read and tunneling. He has not appeared to look elsewhere as I suggested and has persistently pestered town to lynch me before all the discussion and such has taken place.

5. Should I claim?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: November 18, 2012, 06:28:22 pm »

If you think your lynch is imminent (as you seem to), I think you should claim.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: November 18, 2012, 07:28:25 pm »

4. I am highly annoyed by theMunch. If he is town. He is playing really, really bad as town. And I do think he is town, so I think his play is bad. If nothing else, my getting lynched will teach him (if he is town) a lesson about holding too strongly onto a read and tunneling. He has not appeared to look elsewhere as I suggested and has persistently pestered town to lynch me before all the discussion and such has taken place.

I dont think there is any reason to get annoyed by me.  Its all in good fun :).  That being said I dont think I am being really, really bad town.  Maybe just bad town.  Or very bad town.  Perhaps even really bad town.  But two really's is pushing it.  I am trying to look back and be very critical with the cases I made earlier today.  It was a day where I was very tired but I 100% honestly thought that I had found scum, and found all three scum. 

But that was my tired brain talking.  That being said I am trying to trust my reads a little bit while trying to flesh out the confirmation bias, which was probably all over that scum-trio argument.  I apologize for tunneling, since if I am right then all it does is weaken my case.  But I can say most definitely I haven't been looking only at you, Yuma.  I have had a lot of interaction with Eevee as well and have explained my reads from earlier today on volt, ash, and joth.  It is disappointing that you have only seen me pushing for you to lynch (which I am most definitely still behind).  But let me paraphrase my arguments on both Yuma and Eevee and why I would be comfortable with either of their lynches.

Yuma:
Hammered Galz wagon while Galz was still voting for himself, while giving little time to claim/unvote/do anything after I voted him to L-1.  I dont think anyone disagrees on the fact that Galz went a little off the rails yesterday but I could def see scum looking at a wagon growing on someone not on his scum team and hammering before any real discussion can happen.  Then in day 2 I was very uncomfortable with the way that Yuma was defending himself, culminating with the king of all deflections vis a vis the "am I a bad person?" argument.  Even the way he tries to paint me as super misguided town (ps why do you know I am town, Yuma?) just seems to all be focused on derailing and deflecting the case on him instead of just acting/being town.

Eevee:
Our interaction started with tired!themunch calling out Eevee for being Yuma's scumbuddy.  This may or may not actually be the case.  It was bad to have convinced myself Yuma is town and then go after Eevee thinking I am 100% right about Yuma without Yuma actually flipping.  However, I do think there is a lot to be gained from my back and forth with Eevee; namely I think he said a bunch of scummy things while trying to defend against a very flimsy case.  Couple that with Eevee's willingness to kill me for being "detrimental to town" even if I am town, when Town is still in a very precarious situation, reads very scummy.  Both Eevee and Yuma share the scummy trait of "willingness to lynch bad town play even if it causes town to lose".  We have one mislynch and if you say that I am town, even bad town, I really dont think I should be that lynch.

So there ya go.  Yuma and Eevee cases trying to parse out as much of the confirmation bias as possible.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 18, 2012, 07:29:51 pm »

I dont think there is any reason to get annoyed by me.  Its all in good fun :)

really annoyed in mafia land... in reality land we are cool.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 18, 2012, 07:33:38 pm »

Munch it's ridiculous to say I want to lynch you even if you are town. I was very frustrated with your play when I wrote that, obviously I don't mean that literally. In fact, I've lobbied against your lynch quite a few times after that (by stating I think you are just a misguided townie even though you tunnel myself and yuma, my two biggest town reads, like a mad man).

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 18, 2012, 07:34:43 pm »

I dont think there is any reason to get annoyed by me.  Its all in good fun :)

really annoyed in mafia land... in reality land we are cool.

Good.  Read the whole post though.   I think this is a lot more level headed than I have been being and would love to hear what people think.  Specifically I would love from you an answer to the question of why you know that I am town.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: November 18, 2012, 07:39:27 pm »

Yuma:
Hammered Galz wagon while Galz was still voting for himself, while giving little time to claim/unvote/do anything after I voted him to L-1.  I dont think anyone disagrees on the fact that Galz went a little off the rails yesterday but I could def see scum looking at a wagon growing on someone not on his scum team and hammering before any real discussion can happen.  Then in day 2 I was very uncomfortable with the way that Yuma was defending himself, culminating with the king of all deflections vis a vis the "am I a bad person?" argument.  Even the way he tries to paint me as super misguided town (ps why do you know I am town, Yuma?) just seems to all be focused on derailing and deflecting the case on him instead of just acting/being town.

1. We've been over this before... I didn't know Galz was at L1. I read the post where he voted for himself and immediately voted for him. It was only after going back and seeing previous votes that I realized that I had hammered him. You can see that by my post after the thread lock--sorry insomniac--that I referenced a derphammer. But I said it wasn't a derphammer because I felt that I would have voted for him even if had known he was at L-1. At this point in my playing of mafia. Self voting is almost always going to result in me voting for that person. It is a scum maneuver--although sometimes used by town players, but it shouldn't be, it should never, ever be used by a town player--and guess what, it his scum... just too bad it was SK instead of mafia.

2. I understand you being uncomfortable with my interactions with volt. And I realize that you won't be able to take the following at face value, but at that point I cared more about repairing a hurt to Volt then I did about the game. Vote for me for other reasons, but not for that. That was me being sincere, trying to apologize to someone who I had offended regardless of the game or my alignment.

3. I don't know you are town. I think you are town. I strongly think you are town. That is a read. I obviously don't know your alignment.

4. I am not trying to derail or deflect. At this point I am trying to make sure that town is in a good position to succeed tomorrow after you mislynch me. You are the one trying to push the issue before we can get to that point. Which is just bad, bad town play. Or ok mafia play, but I don't think you are mafia.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 18, 2012, 07:40:03 pm »

If you think your lynch is imminent (as you seem to), I think you should claim.

I am VT.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: November 19, 2012, 08:40:33 am »

No time.  No time.  Argh, no time.

I hate posting scumrankings without analysis but I have no time to write the analysis!

If yuma is TOWN, I suspect (in ranking order):
1. ashersky
2. Qvist
3. Captain_Frisk

If yuma is SCUM, I suspect (in ranking order after yuma):
1. Axxle
2. Eevee

yuma's VT claim has me thinking and I need to mull that more.  I would have expected scum in yuma's shoes to claim the power role that he is the "switch" for, to at least get a counterclaim and get that power role nullified in the night via nightkill so scum keeps its lock on the town's powers.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: November 19, 2012, 09:45:07 am »

I hate posting scumrankings without analysis but I have no time to write the analysis!

1. ashersky
2. Qvist
3. Captain_Frisk

1. Axxle
2. Eevee

yuma's VT claim has me thinking and I need to mull that more.  I would have expected scum in yuma's shoes to claim the power role that he is the "switch" for, to at least get a counterclaim and get that power role nullified in the night via nightkill so scum keeps its lock on the town's powers.

I was about to say that he could be the vig switch, but he'd still probably be better off claiming a PR.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 19, 2012, 10:20:59 am »

it's a very odd claim. Seems like scum should want to out a PR if they're going down.

BUT, it's such a WIFOM. Maybe he saw how tentative the town is about this lynch and thought a VT claim would be enough to stop the lynch.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: November 19, 2012, 10:28:06 am »

Everyone ask yourself: Is yuma our best chance at hitting mafia today? I absolutely don't think he is, but I can't make an alternative lynch happen alone. Some of you townies voting for yuma should reconsider.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 19, 2012, 10:39:23 am »

Everyone ask yourself: Is yuma our best chance at hitting mafia today? I absolutely don't think he is, but I can't make an alternative lynch happen alone. Some of you townies voting for yuma should reconsider.

I am working on an alternative lynch.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 19, 2012, 10:41:58 am »

I am working on an alternative lynch.
You seem to be not voting. Do you mean you are preparing a case?

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 19, 2012, 10:44:53 am »

1. ashersky
2. Qvist
3. Captain_Frisk

1. Axxle
2. Eevee

Why am I a suspect if yuma is town? I always said, I think he is town. I mean if yuma is indeed town, No.1 suspect is TheMunch, don't you agree?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 19, 2012, 10:45:00 am »

Oh, right - I had backed off volt this weekend.

Vote: Eevee

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: November 19, 2012, 10:46:41 am »

I don't like Frisk's alternative lynch. I also think it's noteworthy the initial case against me was Munch's "he is yuma's scumbuddy!!!!".
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 16 queries.