Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 75  All

Author Topic: Mafia XV - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS  (Read 162333 times)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XV - Day 2 - Spec QT available w/mini game
« Reply #500 on: November 15, 2012, 05:44:19 pm »

Just because you don't have a hand of dominion cards doesn't mean you can ignore this thread folks.  Let's talk about eevee!
I like the subject! Personally I think he is town, and doing a good job. Others?

Strongly disagree!
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 15, 2012, 05:47:29 pm »

More scum than town, but there are better lynches.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 15, 2012, 05:53:00 pm »

Someone should do a post count to reward Axxle for all those short posts!

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 15, 2012, 05:54:01 pm »

Someone should do a post count to reward Axxle for all those short posts!

I did notice that, but if he was going to reread all at once and respond as it goes, it seemed ok.  I prefer reading that to one big wall.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 15, 2012, 06:49:07 pm »

I don't want to vote for Munch, I think he is town who is tunneling way too hardcore and to be blunt playing badly. Saying "he is town" is maybe an overstatement, rather "more likely than average to be town".-

Eevee, you become scummier and scummier to me. To me this doesn't make any sense at all regarding the quoting statements. You brought up evidence against him and still stay on "more likely than average to be town". I don't get it. Vote: Eevee

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 15, 2012, 06:55:29 pm »

Antitown behavior isn't necessarily mafia behavior. How am I contradicting myself?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 15, 2012, 07:18:21 pm »

I don't want to vote for Munch, I think he is town who is tunneling way too hardcore and to be blunt playing badly. Saying "he is town" is maybe an overstatement, rather "more likely than average to be town".-

Eevee, you become scummier and scummier to me. To me this doesn't make any sense at all regarding the quoting statements. You brought up evidence against him and still stay on "more likely than average to be town". I don't get it. Vote: Eevee

I have consistently said the same thing here as eevee: that the munch tunneling like a new and overly excited townie who thinks he has found scum. I wouldn't necessarily say that he is playing badly, because he truly thinks he found scum (he hasn't). But blatant tunneling is a good reason for voting, and voting for eevee because he isn't voting for someone he considers to be town isn't good either.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 15, 2012, 07:56:25 pm »

Look, if we're abandoning the yuma lynch, fine, but I want accountability.

I heard the town (or atleast Voltgloss) saying "This is a good lynch, but we want to hear from everyone and have more discussion first."

And then everyone chimed in and we've had lots of discussion, and none of it has made yuma seem one iota more townish, other than some WIFOM about whether scum would have hammered. So if we're abandoning this lynch for another, I would just like to know why.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 15, 2012, 07:59:20 pm »

I'm not voting for yuma because I think jotheonah, Qvist and ashersky are far better candidates. (maybe others too, but those are the guys I'm interested in lynching today)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 15, 2012, 08:00:50 pm »

I heard the town (or atleast Voltgloss) saying "This is a good lynch, but we want to hear from everyone and have more discussion first."

And then everyone chimed in and we've had lots of discussion, and none of it has made yuma seem one iota more townish, other than some WIFOM about whether scum would have hammered. So if we're abandoning this lynch for another, I would just like to know why.

My guess is that 1 or 2 scum thought that another townie player would be willing to join it, so they tried to stay off the wagon thinking it would be advantageous to have less scum on the wagon (that worked really well for Cuzz/ash/me in the last game) and expressed a town read on me. But come to find out another vote on me was hard to come by, so now the only people left are 1. townies who don't think I am scum or 2. scum who don't want to go back on what they have said, but will probably vote for me if a deadline comes because they have a built in excuse...

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: November 15, 2012, 08:42:07 pm »

Joth - what kindof accountability are you looking for?  You just wanted to lynch him 24 hours into the day?  I like eevee, and i'm voting for him.  The case for yuma is basically "he derphammered".   That's not nearly as compelling to me as the thinking that leads me to suspect Eevee is scum. (off the wagon, buddying up to everyone)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 15, 2012, 08:47:53 pm »

I just get nervous when strong wagons get called out for going too quickly, and then die. The target usually ends up hanging around for the rest of the game because people have it somewhere in their heads that they must be town or we wold have lynched them.

If a wagon dies it should die for a reason, or it'll be a big question mark forever.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 15, 2012, 08:51:53 pm »

Joth - what kindof accountability are you looking for?  You just wanted to lynch him 24 hours into the day?  I like eevee, and i'm voting for him.  The case for yuma is basically "he derphammered".   That's not nearly as compelling to me as the thinking that leads me to suspect Eevee is scum. (off the wagon, buddying up to everyone)
Your case against me is that I'm buddying up to everyone (hint: I ALWAYS DO THAT! In fact, the only game this far where I haven't was the game where I was scum with you. There I lead the charge against several townies (archetype, Robz) until they were lynched). Seriously Frisk, your entire case against me is that "eevee is being himself, just like he would as mafia".

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 15, 2012, 08:55:00 pm »

The entirety of yuma's case is his hammer and his reaction to his hammer.  Please let me know if I'm wrong.  So the "WIFOM about whether scum would have hammered" completely applies here.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 15, 2012, 08:55:19 pm »

Who thinks ashersky is town and why?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 15, 2012, 08:56:06 pm »

I don't!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 15, 2012, 09:06:41 pm »

I don't have a strong opinion about ashersky. I never seem to.

He/him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 15, 2012, 09:17:31 pm »

I do, because I know.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 16, 2012, 10:09:15 am »

I do, because I know.

So I am starting to feel a little less comfortable about the assuredness of my reads (particularly qvist, but not necessarily yuma, maybe a little bit on eevee but I haven't been convinced).  I was also dealing with fixing my car yesterday so I'm now just coming back to be overwhelmed with axxles millions of posts.  I dont know if I have a comment on anything hes said yet.

All that said, Ash is now the 3rd person in this game (I believe) to make this argument (another was Eevee, and I know I've gotten upset by someone else saying it).  The argument is claiming that you knowing that you are town somehow deserves credibility.  Eevee did it by saying: (paraphrasing) "I know the munch is wrong because he thinks I am scum but I know I am town."  I HATE this argument.  I dont think its a scumtell and the person saying it might not even be trying to saying as an argument.  But if you really are town, I feel like saying you are town is the most hollow, unverifiable way to convince others that you are town.  It is sloppy.  Stop saying you are town and start acting town.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XV - Day 1 - Spec QT available w/mini game
« Reply #519 on: November 16, 2012, 01:26:43 pm »

Vote Count 2-5

Jotheonah (1) - Eevee
Ashersky (2) - yuma, Axxle
yuma (3) - Voltgloss, jotheonah, TheMunch
Eevee (2) - Captain_Frisk, QVist

Not Voting (1) - ashersky

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline: November 26 2012, Noon PST

"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 16, 2012, 06:34:44 pm »

Bump? 

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 16, 2012, 06:35:37 pm »

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 16, 2012, 06:37:55 pm »

I think he might be scum, but he's not my favorite.  I'm not sure if its just OMGUS, or his willingness to dance between wagons... but I still prefer eevee.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 16, 2012, 06:47:59 pm »

Bump?

oh right... this game... hope things pick up here when Blitz4 goes into night

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 16, 2012, 06:52:04 pm »

Bump?

oh right... this game... hope things pick up here when Blitz4 goes into night

YOU AREN'T IN BLITZ4
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.