Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 75  All

Author Topic: Mafia XV - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS  (Read 161789 times)

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XV - Day 2 - Spec QT available w/mini game
« Reply #350 on: November 13, 2012, 05:26:57 am »

Ok, I agree that yuma looks suspicious, but his explanation and excuse that he made an error reads really honest and townish.
My #1 pick is still Captain_Frisk with his irrational play pushing against eHunt and later initiating the Galzria kill.
I mean, yes, he was right that Galzria isn't town. But if you read back it started with a Random Vote. And as Mafia he couldn't knew that Galzria is SK neither.
So, the manner he's playing seems really scummy to me. Like "Let's vote for X and everybody who doesn't vote for X is suspicious".

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 13, 2012, 05:35:14 am »

And can we have a Vote Count?

I also like to hear from Axxle.
And Eevee hasn't voted yet right? I also like to hear from you. So, if you believe that yuma is town, who looks supicious to you?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 13, 2012, 07:51:57 am »

Ok, I agree that yuma looks suspicious, but his explanation and excuse that he made an error reads really honest and townish.
My #1 pick is still Captain_Frisk with his irrational play pushing against eHunt and later initiating the Galzria kill.
I mean, yes, he was right that Galzria isn't town. But if you read back it started with a Random Vote. And as Mafia he couldn't knew that Galzria is SK neither.
So, the manner he's playing seems really scummy to me. Like "Let's vote for X and everybody who doesn't vote for X is suspicious".

Qvist - when did I suggest that people who weren't voting galz were suspicious. 
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 13, 2012, 08:08:50 am »

I said "Like", so you didn't say it explicitly, but in the way you were posting overconfidently although it was obvious that it was a Random Vote at the same time.
That doesn't fit together. But you demanded some quotes. You get them.

I still am shocked that galz is alive.
Why are you shocked? That's a pretty strong word.

Vote: Galzria because he should already be dead if town.
Here's the IMO Random Vote with strong confidence on the other hand.

So the munch, why are you voting me instead of Galz?
Read: How dare you vote for me instead of the more obvious Galz?

And you did that not only with Galzria, you did that with eHunt too. That's the most prominent example:

I absolutely want the sk flipping those switches.  Vote eHunt for not getting that.

Overconfidence and we know that eHunt was town.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 13, 2012, 08:16:24 am »

I'm sorry, I don't have very good suspects. Wouldn't put it past Grujah to replace out of a mafia role if he is busy, Volt's super strong pushing feels sort of weird to me. On a gut level, Qvist and joth have felt off but my gut is terrible. Maybe I'll commence a reread to stop being useless.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XV - Day 1 - Spec QT available w/mini game
« Reply #355 on: November 13, 2012, 08:51:19 am »

I would have killed galz.

I too would have killed galz as scum.  That man is a ninja scumhunter.

You took my the Munch quote out of context.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 13, 2012, 09:06:32 am »

I can't see what or how this changes anything.
TheMunch said he would have voted for him as scum, implying he's no scum and therefore not voting for him.
And still you ask why he voted for you!?

Also:
You can nominate for me for worst player of the year if you want (note - i do have the lowest win rate in regular games), but I'm sticking with it.
Read: I'm normally no good player, but this time I'm really confident.
Yeah, you were right with Galzria. But I just don't like the way you were pushing this. You beg everyone to join you.

I could be wrong and that's just the way you are playing, but it seems very strange to me.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 13, 2012, 09:19:20 am »

My interaction with the munch was regarding the fact that Galzria was still alive.  The Munch agreed with me that if he was scum, Galzria would be a likely night kill target.  This is why I asked him why he isn't voting for Galz

If it is logical for scum to kill Galz on Night 0, and Galz is alive on Day 1, it logically follows that Galz would be scum.

I have a town read on you, because I think this aggressive play against me would be pretty bold as 1st time scum.

This leaves me with 3 scum in the remaining 7 players:

1. Captain_Frisk - Obvtown
2. jotheonah - Surprisingly active for someone who has been lurky in other games recently.
4. Eevee - Latest "I have no reads" post is posting for the sake of posting.
5. Grujah - Voltgloss Replaced - Volt has hit the ground running.  I hate replacements!  You can't hold him responsible for previous behavior
6. Axxle - No read - Post MOHR.
8. yuma - Nervous.  Hit L-1 and didn't claim?
10. ashersky - was he just trying to get on qvists case on me early?
11. QVist - townie from my perspective.
12. TheMunch - I'd like to hear more from him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 13, 2012, 09:33:49 am »

It wasn't posting for the sake of posting. It was answering Qvist's question.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 13, 2012, 09:34:08 am »

And Eevee hasn't voted yet right? I also like to hear from you. So, if you believe that yuma is town, who looks supicious to you?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: November 13, 2012, 09:39:00 am »

2. jotheonah - Surprisingly active for someone who has been lurky in other games recently.

This is an IRL thing. I've been lurky because of (#1) new job and (#2) too many games at once.

Now I'm basically in one game (yay getting killed) and settling into the job, so here I am.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 13, 2012, 09:41:27 am »

I can't see what or how this changes anything.
TheMunch said he would have voted for him as scum, implying he's no scum and therefore not voting for him.
And still you ask why he voted for you!?

To be clear, I was saying if I was scum I would have totally killed Galz Night 1.  In MXI he was the first to figure out that I was SK when everyone else just that I was reg mafia.  However I retract his nomination for ninja status after he killed himself Day 1.  I'm not even talking about the self vote but the way he was acting totally got him killed and we would have lynched him even without the self vote; thats just sloppy play and not worthy of ninja status.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 13, 2012, 09:44:09 am »

Also Qvist is striking me as a little pushy.  Sounds like scum that let CF just build up a case against himself day 1 by being all over the place (although it reads as just overly defensive town to me) and is now trying to use that to get an easy lynch day 2.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 13, 2012, 10:03:34 am »

As for the rest of my reads:

Voltgloss and Ashersky get town reads for slowing down the Yuma wagon. 

Eevee gets scum reads for defending Yuma and claiming no reads with the classic "I should do a reread."  I'm not holding my breath. 

I was going to give Joth some town cred for his suggestion that scum is afraid to hammer.  But with only one mislynch, I think scum woud be more than happy to hammer a town.  This leads me to believe even more that Yuma is scum because, with such a precarious situation that town is in, I feel scum is more than happy to actually make a 1-for-1 trade (its that bad for town).  If Yuma is town, they would have hammered, but I dont think we can draw a conclusion from the lack of a hammer on Yuma (who is obvscum imo).  We have Volt and Ashersky to thank for that, and I think it is a good idea to slow down a bit.

Axxle I dont like his lack of talking but my current 3 scum reads are Eevee/Qvist/Yuma so that leaves Axxle out.  He should still talk though.  Bad for town regardless.  I am going to keep my vote on Yuma.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 13, 2012, 10:05:36 am »

Eevee gets scum reads for defending Yuma and claiming no reads with the classic "I should do a reread."  I'm not holding my breath. 

This I don't quite understand.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 13, 2012, 10:13:14 am »

Axxle has been on the forums since the yuma case was posted, but hasn't said anything.  He only has 1 post so far into Day 2, in fact.

Where are you, Axxle?

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 13, 2012, 10:16:02 am »

This I don't quite understand.

I figured you wouldn't understand the distinction.  Slowing down the wagon is not the same as defending it.  Making sure that everyone has time to say something "before Yuma gets lynched" is different than "I dont understand this lynch guys".

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 13, 2012, 10:17:58 am »

I'm feeling very uneasy about this whole lynch to be honest. I do see the case, but when are these snapwagons ever scum?

Sorry, I dont want to mischaracterize.  This is what you actually said.  I was paraphrasing (incorrectly I will acknowledge) but I still read this as a defense.  Also you are wrong about snapwagons (trying to derail) since this snapwagon killed scum (galz) day 1.  It just sucks that in this set up that is actually TERRIBLE for town. 

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 13, 2012, 10:23:45 am »

Also Qvist is striking me as a little pushy.  Sounds like scum that let CF just build up a case against himself day 1 by being all over the place (although it reads as just overly defensive town to me) and is now trying to use that to get an easy lynch day 2.

After a hard time coming into the game, I'm just happy that I have a first read.

Your comments about yuma all make sense on the other hand although I have a town read on him, because it seems that he tells the truth.
So I'm not sure if I should hear to my gut feeling or to all you more experienced players.

And Axxle, please come here with your opinion! It's valuable to us.

And again, please update the Vote Count.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 13, 2012, 10:24:23 am »

So I'm not sure if I should hear to my gut feeling or hear to all you more experienced players.

Typo

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 13, 2012, 10:27:55 am »

I'm feeling very uneasy about this whole lynch to be honest. I do see the case, but when are these snapwagons ever scum?

Sorry, I dont want to mischaracterize.  This is what you actually said.  I was paraphrasing (incorrectly I will acknowledge) but I still read this as a defense.  Also you are wrong about snapwagons (trying to derail) since this snapwagon killed scum (galz) day 1.  It just sucks that in this set up that is actually TERRIBLE for town.
Like I immediately clarified to Frisk, scum should be mafia in that sentence. It's obviously VERY different to quickwagon a serial killer, the scum on that wagon weren't killing off their team mate. Here they would be. Serial killer is the same as town for the mafia team (except in this setup mafia obviously wanted to kill him, town didn't.. but no one can really know so it doesn't really matter).

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 13, 2012, 10:41:06 am »

Vote: eevee

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 13, 2012, 10:44:09 am »

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 13, 2012, 10:47:14 am »

Like I immediately clarified to Frisk, scum should be mafia in that sentence. It's obviously VERY different to quickwagon a serial killer, the scum on that wagon weren't killing off their team mate. Here they would be. Serial killer is the same as town for the mafia team (except in this setup mafia obviously wanted to kill him, town didn't.. but no one can really know so it doesn't really matter).

Sorry. Mea culpa. Didn't realize that's what your semantics argument with CF was all about.  Regardless I will clarify.  You defend Yuma. Your argument is quick wagons in your opinion often don't catch scum so the fact that Yumas wagon was quick makes him less likely to be scum.  However the speed of Yumas wagon is justified by the fact that he was quick to hammer galz who mafia knew was not mafia.  In general I would say quick wagons are bad because we get less info but that doesn't mean Yuma isn't scum.  That's why you get scum points while volt and ash get town points.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 13, 2012, 10:56:29 am »

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 16 queries.