Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 101  All

Author Topic: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- GAME OVER  (Read 240766 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- Day 2
« Reply #1025 on: September 28, 2017, 12:09:28 pm »

Vote: LL

I think you have said that the longer I am alive the better lynch target I am. Why change?
So much not adding up about your behavior, now including the bid and draft order you claimed. If it flails like a fish, smells like fish and swims like a fish, it's probably a fish, you know.

I must admit that keeping up posting like LL has and never giving up feels towny, but all the other evidence is pointing to the contrary.

Exactly! Look at other games where I am scum and someone correctly reads me and you'll see I behave really differently
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: September 28, 2017, 12:22:24 pm »

Why do people sometimes vote for Galz without explanation? Oo

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: September 28, 2017, 12:25:07 pm »

The thing is, my reads have been on point this game, and I still very much read LaLight as scum.
It's not that great of an accomplishment if no scum have flipped yet.

That is not my fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: September 28, 2017, 12:25:41 pm »

I don't like the LL lynch, I think.

vote: Galz

So you think I killed WW?

I think your faction did. Why is that a relevant enquiry ?

@LL: As I mentioned, I think the way he's been saying "I'm totally against vigs shooting, but you know, I'd expect iguana to use his power and wouldn't we be in a pickle then ?" is scummy, and I generally have not been getting anything townie from him all game.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: September 28, 2017, 12:34:27 pm »

Been struggling to keep up. Lalight was scummy yesterday, so I think I support his lynch. But I need a chance to reread and analyze.

Rushing in to lynch him before we can fully unpack the day seems really bad. Let's not do that.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: September 28, 2017, 12:49:55 pm »

@LL: As I mentioned, I think the way he's been saying "I'm totally against vigs shooting, but you know, I'd expect iguana to use his power and wouldn't we be in a pickle then ?" is scummy, and I generally have not been getting anything townie from him all game.

That's not what I've said.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: September 28, 2017, 12:50:30 pm »

Okay hello everybody. I thought as well Jimmmmm died, that is why I thought this was a terrible result after these 3 deaths.
I just now had possibility to read through and one thing striked me.
LL claims that he thought Lost numbers were 14 and 15 and therefore named 16, but changed to 14 after finding out it is actually 15 and 16.
I mean not sure if I am the only one finding this odd. But if I would have noticed this mistake I would have named 17 then, the change of pattern is weird.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: September 28, 2017, 12:53:40 pm »

Okay hello everybody. I thought as well Jimmmmm died, that is why I thought this was a terrible result after these 3 deaths.
LL claims that he thought Lost numbers were 14 and 15 and therefore named 16, but changed to 14 after finding out it is actually 15 and 16.
I mean not sure if I am the only one finding this odd. But if I would have noticed this mistake I would have named 17 then, the change of pattern is weird.

I noticed but didn't comment

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: September 28, 2017, 12:54:13 pm »

No but that's  what it amounts too. You're casting doubt on the consensus that he shouldn't shoot while maintaining that you're personally against it. The only purpose that serves is to set up a later lynch of iguana, and I don't see why you'd do that as town.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: September 28, 2017, 12:54:51 pm »

that's just how it worked, I have no explanation for this, other than I was in a rush

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: September 28, 2017, 01:03:42 pm »

No... but what you are suggesting now does not line up with what you said either. are you stating as town!poisoner you would fire N1 simply in hopes of landing a hit on a target such as vigilante? This shortens the game for town most the time and leads to more deaths with less info overall.... which seems not like you
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: September 28, 2017, 01:29:10 pm »

No... but what you are suggesting now does not line up with what you said either. are you stating as town!poisoner you would fire N1 simply in hopes of landing a hit on a target such as vigilante? This shortens the game for town most the time and leads to more deaths with less info overall.... which seems not like you

No. What I've said, and Teproc is either unable to understand or is choosing to misunderstand intentionally is that:

While I'm personally against Vig's (and the idea of a Poisoner) shooting, I completely disagree with the idea that they are in any way functionally different for town (scum, yes). And as I'm in the minority on this (despite being right both mathematically and practically as has been demonstrated again and again), I simply would not find it alignment indicative if Iguana, as town, choose to shoot. He's essentially a Vig in that case - and while I disagree with the notion of him shooting, the act in and of itself is not scummy.

What IS scummy are people trying to shut down his choice and call for an auto lynch of a claimed Vig who chooses to shoot.

Mafia Record:

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: September 28, 2017, 01:43:17 pm »

I think the trade-off is worth it if it forces scum to not use such a powerful role for them, even if we lose some utility when the poisoner is town.

That would change of course if Iguana were to be confirmed as town, but when the poisoner's alignment is unknown, it seems like a good compromise.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: September 28, 2017, 01:46:00 pm »

I think the trade-off is worth it if it forces scum to not use such a powerful role for them, even if we lose some utility when the poisoner is town.

That would change of course if Iguana were to be confirmed as town, but when the poisoner's alignment is unknown, it seems like a good compromise.

Yes. And again, I'm not arguing he should shoot. He absolutely shouldn't. But he shouldn't as town or scum (well, you know). But the choice to do so, if made, does not simply make him scum.

Mafia Record:

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: September 28, 2017, 01:46:53 pm »

No. What I've said, and Teproc is either unable to understand or is choosing to misunderstand intentionally is that:

While I'm personally against Vig's (and the idea of a Poisoner) shooting, I completely disagree with the idea that they are in any way functionally different for town (scum, yes). And as I'm in the minority on this (despite being right both mathematically and practically as has been demonstrated again and again), I simply would not find it alignment indicative if Iguana, as town, choose to shoot. He's essentially a Vig in that case - and while I disagree with the notion of him shooting, the act in and of itself is not scummy.

What IS scummy are people trying to shut down his choice and call for an auto lynch of a claimed Vig who chooses to shoot.

I think we are having a clarification issue on what the word skummy means. I mean that taking actions that work against town are skummy. Using pos N1 in the context of the game at this point is skummy. Based not only on likelihood of narrowing down town, but also for purposes of mis direction and keeping info from being released. Skummy.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: September 28, 2017, 01:48:31 pm »

PPE 3

Nvm then I type to slow.
real good. That’s how

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: September 28, 2017, 01:49:24 pm »

Vote: LL

I think you have said that the longer I am alive the better lynch target I am. Why change?
So much not adding up about your behavior, now including the bid and draft order you claimed. If it flails like a fish, smells like fish and swims like a fish, it's probably a fish, you know.

I must admit that keeping up posting like LL has and never giving up feels towny, but all the other evidence is pointing to the contrary.

Exactly! Look at other games where I am scum and someone correctly reads me and you'll see I behave really differently

Other people correctly read you in M100 -- I didn't -- and your behavior also to never give up.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: September 28, 2017, 01:52:32 pm »

1) really don't like a quick lynch

2) really don't like a LaLight lynch right now
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: September 28, 2017, 01:59:20 pm »

who would you prefer to a known "liar"?

the only other remotely reasonable answer I see is Gkrieg.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: September 28, 2017, 02:07:32 pm »

who would you prefer to a known "liar"?

the only other remotely reasonable answer I see is Gkrieg.

I am sympathetic to people making mistakes. I find that mistakes like that (reading your pm wrong, typing the wrong number, etc) come from town.

I am not opposed to gkrieg, but I don't have strong opinions right now. I am mostly opposed to lynching too quickly
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: September 28, 2017, 02:38:58 pm »

Yes. And again, I'm not arguing he should shoot. He absolutely shouldn't. But he shouldn't as town or scum (well, you know). But the choice to do so, if made, does not simply make him scum.

Right, so all you're doing is undermining the consensus that iguana should not shoot. While acting as if you didn't want him to shoot. But really you do, since otherwise why would you bother with this ? I'm not miszunderstanding you at all, you're just scum.

The idea of the poisoner claim was to negate the use of the role for scum. What you're arguing for goes against that. Why ? What is the point of your line of reasoning if you're town ? I don't see any.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: September 28, 2017, 02:52:42 pm »

Right, so all you're doing is undermining the consensus that iguana should not shoot. While acting as if you didn't want him to shoot. But really you do, since otherwise why would you bother with this ? I'm not miszunderstanding you at all, you're just scum.

The idea of the poisoner claim was to negate the use of the role for scum. What you're arguing for goes against that. Why ? What is the point of your line of reasoning if you're town ? I don't see any.

Then you're either blind or scum.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: September 28, 2017, 02:53:18 pm »

Then you're either blind or scum.

Fortunately for you, I'm leaning towards the former right now.

Mafia Record:

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: September 28, 2017, 02:53:55 pm »

Can you enlighten us? It seems I'm blind.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: September 28, 2017, 02:56:14 pm »

Can you enlighten us? It seems I'm blind.

I already have? What do you want to know that I haven't explained?

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 101  All

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 16 queries.