Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 111  All

Author Topic: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 267733 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1925 on: June 16, 2016, 03:50:32 am »

Vote Count 3.2

liopoil (3): Haddock, A Drowned Kernel, Witherweaver
Witherweaver (1): liopoil
A Drowned Kernel (1): Roadrunner7671
Haddock (1): gkrieg13

Not Voting (5): silverspawn, Melisandre, 2.71828....., Jan, fontisian

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 3 ends June 20 at 10 am forum time.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: June 16, 2016, 05:06:40 am »

I'm curious as to why, exactly, lio was sure that was a town slip when there were two kills.

I like this fontisian guy.
Woman.

Did you come here to argue semantics, or did you come to find scum?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: June 16, 2016, 06:36:23 am »

Why am I the only one on ADK? I thought someone said there was a case...
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: June 16, 2016, 06:46:11 am »

Re-reading through D1 and D2 I was actually suprised that there were not many posts by 2.71828 that pinged me strong town/strong scum (as compared to the play/direct activity of a Jan/liopoil). Here are a few posts that are worthy of note though:

"liopoil has a lynch brewing in the future for him if he keeps up with the odd posts and 'traps' and such.  Does he really do that as scum?  not so sure."
"I actually like the general flow and ease with which he posts these.  Would have to be very contrived for scum!liopoil to be doing, and it doesn't look like that at all."
[I shared similar thinking here with 2.71828 - in that I'm finding it hard to see the scum-motivation in liopoil's actions. liopoil is posting with a freeness that I would not usually associate with group-scum.]

"I saw he made a little case on me and kind of skimmed the rest.  guilty as charged."
[This post followed the Jan-2.71828 episode (where Jan attacked 2.71828 readslist): 2.71828 originally gave Jan a town-read after "skimming" Jan's post, but after a closer look then made a dramatic U-TURN, scum-reading Jan and posting a parody reads-list. Conclusion: I can't see Jan-2.71828 as mafia-mafia. I see 2.71828's dramatic 180 to be more likely a town-indicative reaction.

"I do not think scum will gloat over a lynch"
[Mine and 2.71828's thoughts were aligned here - we could not see Seprix's/silverspawn's push and subsequent reaction to the awaclus miss-lynch coming from scum. It would have been easier for scum-2.71828 to push Seprix/silverspawn as scum.]

[I couldn't find any s**t to throw at 2.71828's slot. That is the only scum-tell I could support ;D]

I am happy to lean town on 2.71828. I won't be voting him (today).
"Napoleon of crime".

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: June 16, 2016, 10:56:54 am »

I'm not so sure about setting up all these conditionals.  I think scum tends to do that more than town, by way of trying to seem like they're being productive. 

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: June 16, 2016, 01:00:27 pm »

Why am I the only one on ADK?

Because it's a bad vote.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: June 16, 2016, 02:01:42 pm »

Grah.

OK.
So. I need to look for options other than lio.
Silver is worth reading at some point I think. I haven't paid him enough attention so far.  Obviously his iguana position looks really good but if multi ball is a thing then he might be scum anyway. Definitely he's not a priority though.

RR is another one I want to reread.  I haven't seen RR this crazy in a while.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: June 16, 2016, 02:02:38 pm »

Oh yeah, and I still think ADK and WW are likely town.
I have too many townreads this game.

Meli is entirely null for me so I guess I need to fix that too.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: June 16, 2016, 02:45:18 pm »

How common are multi ball setups on this site?
Dread Empress fontisian (may she never return)
Smooth like Sandpaper

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: June 16, 2016, 03:08:53 pm »

How common are multi ball setups on this site?

not common, thankfully.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: June 16, 2016, 10:03:31 pm »

Okay so Gkrieg

First post:

Well there is no WW to vote for so I guess

vote: e. Clear partner interactions there

Come on people. 

Actually, I don't particularly remember joke-cracking Gkrieg.  Noted.

Some comment on RR meta, says he likes Teproc, says ADK is making sense.  More meta:

Vote: Roadrunner7671

I'm sort of feeling that, but from his meta it seems like a bad idea.

I agree with this here.  He seems very well within his meta here.

I do not like this.  RR's meta is to be weird for quite a while until things become more apparent later on.  This is to early to town read RR.  Elaborates:

Was Roadrunner7671 "well within" his town meta in the below post? (you appeared slightly perturbed):

I misread ADK's post but I'm not gonna unvote.

Wait what?

He hates voting so him leaving his RVS vote is well within his town meta. We have mislynched him way too many times recently

Hyperbolizing.  Rereads Seprix:

Seprix reread:
  RVS vote
  makes some jokes then asks Awaclus to explain his vote
  more jokes, and throws some dominion stuff in there
  says that asking Awaclus was worth a shot, and that he doesn't want to put more energy into it
  attempts three times to vote for Melis because of his early reads list
  says that for WIFOM reasons Melis might open this way as scum
  warns about Awaclus
  says that he doesn't like the forced reads to get out of RVS
  says he wants to vote for Melis twice
  says once again that he really doesn't like the reads list of Melis.  I kinda agree with him here that the reads list could have been taken as serious and actually gave him a lot of towncred regardless of whether it was real or not for some reason.
  gives some setup talk where he says we are either multiball, or a 4-person scum team.  I think Mistborn Mafia was this size and it had a 5-person mafia team, but we kept thinking it was multiball.  I wouldn't discount a large mafia team until we see otherwise.
  says he thinks RVS is over
  claims an ADK/Melis scum team but then doesn't want to express a case
  Has a post where he says that he townreads Melis because he is too scummy to be scum.  There is also some other great content in this post
  unvotes Melis and gives him a D1 pass
  votes ADK because ADK says that there is a scum motivation for making someone defensive.  I agree with Seprix here.  I don't think there is a scum motivation for attacking someone.  Usually you want to hide in the shadows while two other townies fight.  Especially in a game this large where you will have townies fight.
  points out the inconsistency with ADK's logic

Overall I don't get why people are voting for Seprix.  I think he is honestly looking for scum.  He is rereading when appropriate, trying to make valid cases on people, and his responses have obviously been genuine.

Plays a  bit of soft defense.  I'm mostly bothered that everything so far is reactive instead of proactive.  ADK reread follows:

ADK reread:
  first post is voting for Seprix for trying to keep us in RVS
  says he doesn't think Melis's reads were contrived
  votes Teproc because of his townread on him
  says it isn't risky to vote someone who looks like they have reads early
  says again that he is suspicious of townreads on him from others early on
  when asked which of the reads didn't look contrived, he responded "I mostly like that you were voting for Awaclus"
  Says that is because of Awa's meta
  wants the Seprix/Melis fight to continue
  Says there is scum motivation for what Seprix did in trying to stop people from having reads.  I don't agree (as I stated in the Seprix reread) that scum really tries to do this. Maybe in a 9-person game, but much less here.
  says his reaction to Seprix's post was honest.  I agree that his tone did seem genuine
  says that his reasons for voting Seprix seemed fine at the time
  says he has changed his read on Seprix and becomes very defensive about it
  says that he doesn't agree with the votes on Seprix after all the backlash he got for scum reading him early.  This looks like one of two things: a natural progression of a read on someone who had a lot of posts, or scum trying to make it look like a natural progression of a read.  I would say it looks more like the former

Overall he seems genuine.  I feel like scum!ADK is usually easy to spot later on in the game.  I think he is trying to move the gane along so he comes out on the townie side of null.  I definitely understand the votes on him though.

Seems hedgey.  Some more talk on not-particularly-relevant-to-this-game-stuff (meta, theory).  Has he voted for anyone yet?  I think it was only the RVS vote on e.

In general I think RRR is one of the easiest players to recognize as town. So if we mislynch him we're dumb, as Teproc said.

However, I do on fact lean town on RRR right now, though not very high confidence yet. Reads post incoming somewhat soon with explanations...

I think RR has become one of the hardest people for me to read now because he has stopped doing a lot of the newbie things that he started out doing.

But he's well within his town meta!

Posts about not being in the game yet, promises to go on the offensive eventually. 

vote: Seprix

Starting my reread and this stuck out to me. It seems very late to the party when the momentum for the wagon had already left. Also e tends to be more verbose and giving out town reads. I want to vote e, but I already think I am.

Finds a reason to make his RVS vote on e a kind of real one.  I don't like this. 

By the way : Melisandre, could you get a signature, or personal text, or something ? As has been pointed out, we have no special feature for specifically looking at one player's post, and there's nothing I can Ctrl+F to isolate your posts right now (because "pawn" is in "silverspawn" and "posts: 1" also triggers Hydrad, e etc.).
Amended.

Thanks !

So, you're opening the game with a huge reads list, and accusing people voting for you of trying too hard to be towny ? You do see the irony there right ? More importantly, I'm curious how your games usually start : people taking strong stances on small things is the essence of day 1 mafia.
"accusing people" - only Seprix. But we got to the bottom of his scum-read. Please read Post #301. I could not see the forced-reads/bad-scum angle on Page 1-RVS. If I'd presented the same hollow/unsupported/naked readslist on this page - I think Seprix may have had an argument.

Obviously I read it, I see it as Seprix exaggerating his instinctual read (that your post was scummy) to move the game along, which is townie in my book. What I find amusing/hypocritical is the whole "LAMIS" thing, because that term completely applies to your first few posts.

ADK is obvtown already, this is going great.
What's your take on the ADK-hate since making this early comment?
Do you think the scum-case/suspicion on ADK is reachy/tangible/weak/healthy-paranoia?

Of those, I'll got with "healthy-paranoia". More precisely, "early active player syndrome". Anyone who is active early willreceive suspicion because that's how the game gets started : you can only find people scummy if they post, and moreso if they post things of substance (I'm talking early game here). I don't agree with those people, but their votes seem fine, except for j-reggie, which gets us to...

When silver and ADK were voting for me he criticized that and threw suspicion on both, though he focused more on ADK.
Just re-reading that passage now...

Is this what you meant: 'Scum-J Reggie jumped on the town-players scum-reading town-you'? (Motivation: town-cred?)

Close. While I think ADK is town, I try to avoid arguments that are contingent on multiple alignments. It's more that I think J-Reggie saw a succession of two votes on someone, and did the apparently reasonable thing (I guess you'd call it LAMIST) of siding against them. It's just that his  reaction to those votes felt forced : he had to do something because he was here, so he did that.

I like this case from teproc

(I added what I think is the correct quoting and finished the truncated sentence.)  This is interesting; Teproc kind of criticizing Meli for the same thing that I just brought up.  I'm finding myself agreeing with Teproc a lot... I swear I hadn't seen this before.  On the Gkrieg side, more reaction and not proaction.

Following posts: doesn't like Haddock's poor reason for townreading Meli, which is fair.  Continues to scumread (well, he says 'bad') e for e not posting meaningful stuff (also fair, but also consistent).  Says a post by Jan feels off.  I don't know why he says this:

Melisandre/Seprix reads good and involved.

fonti being a copycat is kinda boring.

Her pointing out the rolehunting and the adk thing read towny.

i need some sort of reason for the liopoil thing, because that guy is not towny in my book.

i will do one better :

Vote: liopoil

I think silver involvement and him trying to guide with helping with metareads is kind of towny?!
I can see him faking this as scum, because if he doesn't do it someone else will, but in the end the people who don't have meta infos might look scummy for pushing on people who look scummy but are well in their town meta.

I also have a few rolereads if people are interested.

I don't know why but there just seems like there is something off in this post, but I can't quite put my finger on it

Post seems okay to me. Some mis-posting but ultimately wants to say he doesn't like Lio voting for Teproc (thanks <3), also questions Lio.  Doesn't change votes, though.

this reread seems scummy to me

This is apparently a Silverspawn post.  I don't feel up to reading it.

Says he likes Teproc (<3) and Haddock, comments that Ichi hasn't done anything memorable.  Says Awaclus is classic Awaclus.  First time he's mentioned Awaclus I think.. I think there are a number of players he hasn't said much at all on at this point.  Maybe only one or two posts (the Silver thing was the first about Silver, I think).  A little low on activity for Gkrieg. 

First vote change:

I haven't had enough time recently for this game with moving and stuff. Of the two larger wagons, I would rather go liopoil based on what I remember from this game. Neither of lio and Jan stuck out as super townie/don't want to lynch, and more of my town reads are on the lio wagon.

Busyness  should decrease by the start of the next day

vote: liopoil

Is gone for a bit, comes back and says he'd be okay with Seprix, but prefers Lio. Doesn't try to bring up e again. 

Hydrad seems like a no information lynch

This looks bad, given that Hydraguana was scum.  Leaves vote on Lio, Awaclus ends up getting lynched.

Brings us to the end of Day 1.  Gkreig was gone/VLA for some of the day, which could be why he seems less present.  Overall, things I found scummy:

1) Does early 'rereads' of Seprix and ADK while they are getting a good deal of attention from anyone, but no others.  Feels a little like a reaction from the need to have an opinion on what's going on, but he doesn't, so he reads to formulate one.
2) Pretty consistent with reads.  RVS voted e lasted almost the entire day, became a 'real vote' by him pointing out something scummy e did.  Called Lio scummy mid way through the day, moved his vote to Lio wIhen lynch was possible.  Only ever voted twice, I think, one RVS and one Lio.  Town reads were pretty consistent as well.  Overall it doesn't feel like a lot of critical thinking from someone trying to figure out who scum is. 
3) More reactive than proactive.
4) Pretty strong townreads early (e.g., RR)

I would have suggested lynching Day 1. 

Day 2:

Says Teproc was town from D1 (<3).  Rereads end of D1 because he was gone in this post

More townie on RR.  Calls Lio scummy, calls JReggie scummy, analyzes Lio wagon.  I suppose the idea here is did scum deflect from partner!Lio to get a different lynch?  Fair enough.  Or maybe that's not his idea.. I'm not sure what the conclusion from the analysis is.

Talks about his vote on Lio towards the end of D1, gives reasoning in response to Meli questioning. 

Votes Lio in the following post.  Considers Seprix/Lio scum team, shows some evidence of going back and forth on it, goes town on Meli, stays town on RR, says IG kill was weird.  Also summarizes his reads for people on the Awaclus wagon, which is quesitoned and explained:

Awaclus (9): Seprix, silverspawn, liopoil, Haddock, A Drowned Kernel, Roadrunner7671, fontisian, Ichimaru Gin, Jan.  That's the final Awaclus wagon.  so if I color it, I get Awaclus (9): Seprix, silverspawn, liopoil, Haddock, A Drowned Kernel, Roadrunner7671, fontisian, Ichimaru Gin, Jan, which looks about right for the wagon.

What is that based on?

Also idk if I'm that good of a scum player. I got lynched pretty easily in Fruit Ninja Mafia which is my most recent scum game.

Well most of them are pretty obvious.  Seprix and lio are scum, IG was town and I have a town read on ADK and RR.  You and fonti look like possible partners for the lio/Seprix team and Jan is null and Haddock is slight town

Moves on to reread from D2:

Likes Teproc post (heart etc.), JReggie post scummy, says Iguana is hard to read (Iguana just subbed in) but his initial reaction is townie, questions J Reggie for voting Teproc, says a Seprix post is strange, criticizes Seprix case on Teproc. 

More rereading:

Says e post is mega scummy, finds a post from e that looks less scummy, questions Haddock, wants to lynch Seprix (still voting Lio though I think). 

Reads list:

So reads list:

Town:
Melisandre
Roadrunner7671

Slight Town
Teproc
A Drowned Kernel

Null
iguanaiguana
Jan

Slight Scum
fontisian
silverspawn
J Reggie
Haddock

Scum:
liopoil
Seprix

So I think rereads should probably start with Teproc and ADK to see if I can put them in a stronger town category.

Then go to the slight scums

Then to the scums to make cases.

Well this could have been made by three-IRL-days-into-Day-1!Gkrieg.  And he seems to intend to go reread with confirmation bias.  I don't particularly like this, but I'm not sure scum actually wants to go out and say this.  Funny that I remember looking at his subsequent rereads in the speccy and thinking they had a lot of confirmation bias, without having read this post.

So rereads Teproc and ADK, and strengthens town read as expected.  Rereads Iguana here, says he is slightly townie.

Rereads e, ends up being less scummy on e than before, but still thinks he's scum.

I'm going to go ahead and post this now because of continued risk of losing everything.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: June 16, 2016, 10:15:09 pm »

Some back and forth with e, and rereads Seprix.  Pretty critical of Seprix's play, says he's scummy while doubling down on Lio.

Also, I think you should reread yourself instead of making other people present the case for you... Like, that's lazy and anti-town.

Yeah, for all this talk of empty posts I feel like Jan has had a lot of them.

We need more people to vote for ADK.

ADK is town, but you could join the lio wagon if you would like.

Dislike.  Too sure of town!ADK.  Ends up voting JReggie for the end of D2:

Wow ya definitely won't be awake at 3AM. 

vote: JReggie

I don't want an iguana lynch, and I'm the only one on lio.

At the time the votes looked something like this:

Vote Count 2.5

liopoil (1): gkrieg13
Seprix (1): 2.71828.....
2.71828..... (1): Roadrunner7671
iguanaiguana (4): silverspawn, Haddock, fontisian, A Drowned Kernel
J Reggie (2): Witherweaver, Seprix
A Drowned Kernel (2): iguanaiguana, J Reggie

Not Voting (3): liopoil, Melisandre, Jan

Day 2 ends June 11 at 5 am forum time. That's in 15 hours.

Well, not great there.  Though actually you probably bus there as scum.  But then again he said Iguana was town earlier, so it might look like a bit of an obvious bus. 

Day 3 comes around, still on Lio:

Wow.  Well I was completely wrong about a lot of things.  I'll have to look at everything again and make new reads. 

liopoil still seems like a good place to look.

Votes:

Talks about NKs, points out that he didn't think Ichi and JReggie seemed townie, which could be a way of trying to say he wouldn't have killed them if he were scum without blatantly saying that.

Moves to Haddock:

OK, so brief catchup.

I still think lio has done some bad things, I strongly disagree with many of his reads and his stances are weird.  So yeah he's still pretty scummy.  But his recent stuff gives me town vibes.

Meantime, Seprix's stance re. iguana looks really terrible.  He opposes the lynch, gets on the wagon eventually, unvotes as SOON as he possibly can after iguana's claim (in a weird-looking way, not in a genuinely-convinced-by-the-claim kinda way), and then eventually hammers after iguana's selfvote and scum claim.

I think frustrated partner is believable here.

vote: Seprix for now, and I'll give him a targetted reread later.

I can't help but think this is a grab for towncred.

vote: Haddock

I actually like this.  Just about the first thing he's done that doesn't follow what he's laid out since mid-Day 1.

Aaand that brings us up to now.  Reading Gkrieg makes me want to lynch Lio a lot less.   

Unvote

I'm going to finish my rereads before I place any more votes.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: June 16, 2016, 11:25:30 pm »

Huh, somehow I hadn't realized how much he was tunneling me.

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: June 17, 2016, 04:36:50 am »

Aaand that brings us up to now.  Reading Gkrieg makes me want to lynch Lio a lot less.
What's your current read of gkrieg13?
"Napoleon of crime".

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: June 17, 2016, 09:28:01 am »

What's your current read of gkrieg13?

Good chance of being scum.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: June 17, 2016, 09:39:18 am »

I'll respond to this later

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: June 17, 2016, 10:05:17 am »

Will do RR next.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: June 17, 2016, 10:44:20 am »

To start things off:

16 is a lit.
Vote: Jan

A few unrelated posts and then

Interesting.
You're doing it on purpose!  >:(

No. Well, maybe. Actually, yes.
Raid isn't overrated.

Anybody who thinks even remotely good things about Raid overrates it. And LastFootnote will never see this post, so he won't criticize me about it. :)
Vote: Seprix

But this still seems RVS.  More unrelated posts and then

Vote: ADK

Even I 'know' that RVS isn't the place to be.

Which I don't understand. 

I guess that's why I didn't understand it.

Please raise your hand if you thought I was being serious with that page one reads list / "solid scum-case" on Awaclus?
Vote: Melis

Changing votes a lot.  Maybe slightly townier, in a vacuum. 

I'm thinking one mafia with a SK, but more PRs than expected in a normal game.

Talking about scum composition always raises my hackles.  Though, common for RR, and he was responding to a comment from Seprix.

RVS is over?

Man like days ago, where have you been?

This isn't scum Roadrunner. Scum RR is good at Mafia. Town RR gets lynched D1 and causes everyone to win.

He is?  That's good to know.  Sounds like lynching RR is a win-win. 

So opinion poll:

J Reggie, gkrieg, Teproc:
Mafia, town, neither
Discuss.
Town, neutral, town.

Anyone scum at this point for you?

Still pushing RVS 300 posts in:

And I'm floating around because 14 13 of us are still in RVS.

There is a lot of off-topic/metagame stuff sprinkled throughout everything. 

Prediction time: At the end of this reread, I'm going to shrug and say I have no idea about RR and wouldn't oppose his lynch.

vote: Melisandre

Vote: seprix for repeatedly voting for people trying to get us out of RVS.
@A Drowned Kernel - I still don't understand this: tell me why "repeatedly voting for people trying to get us out of RVS" is scum-indicative?
A vote indicates that someone is doing the wrong thing so you want them to die, right?

So Seprix wants people who want to leave RVS to die. So we're still in RVS, which is scummy because people like me clog the thread.

Usual garbled RR stuff. 

What's the case?
Wait I started this wagon.

Lots of good snippets in this game.  You didn't really start the wagon as it was self-proclaimed RVS.  Except you specifically pointed out that you voted because you misread his post.  This can't really work together:

Was Roadrunner7671 "well within" his town meta in the below post? (you appeared slightly perturbed):

Wait what?
It was RVS

Can't be both "I had a reason for voting but it's not valid because I misread" and RVS.  That's like.. vote for X.. oh wait I was wrong, X doesn't apply.  Oh well it's just an RVS vote then.

Sher locks like a good lynch to me.

Who is sher? Seprix?

Also, I guess you need to do a post outside of the forum-game section too if you want to get rid of the filling-in-numbers thing (and same for Jan).
Sure looks like a good lynch to me.

Pretty nonchalant, more likely from town RR than scum RR.

RR in particular I have a townread on based on his latest posts
I'm just playing up my meta for the benefit of those who I've never played with.

dotdotdot

RR isn't really that new.  He has played more than 5 games
By my count I have 15. So definitely not a new player.

On an unrelated note, I would lynch ADK over Seprix, but I don't really want to lynch either. I don't have a scum read on anyone at this point. That will hopefully change soon though.

Okay, no scum reads.  And:

This game is moving way to fast.

I don't even have a scum read yet. I'm still in RVS.

But who am I towny on?
Seprix
ADK
Liopoil
Faust?
Jan??

Null on pretty much everyone.

Maybe scummy on Fontisian? But not to a point where I can get a case.

I haven't had trouble getting into this game, I just have no idea what to say. I don't have a scum read and RVS is over so I shouldn't clutter the thread, so I don't know what to say.

It's lame, I know.  :-\

Scummy thing to say, in general.  All that's missing is the 'scum is really good at hiding this game'.

I haven't had trouble getting into this game, I just have no idea what to say. I don't have a scum read and RVS is over so I shouldn't clutter the thread, so I don't know what to say.

Ask questions. Try to get someone to slip up.
Good idea.

Liopoil: Are you scum?

Haha.  Why did you choose Lio to ask this to?

Ask questions. Try to get someone to slip up.
Good idea.

Liopoil: Are you scum?
lol I didn't sign up for thks kind of interrogation. You'll make whatever I say sound scummy. Not convinced of the value of all these questions people are asking anyway.

Obviously I'm not scum though, but you already knew that right?

This is going to look ridiculous but...

Seriously, it's a simple, jokey question, but it's enough to make liopoil react defensively AND feel the need to add another post because he's scared of the way his first response is read ?

The second post is really what makes it scummy for me, town probably doesn't even take the time to respond to that in the first place, but liopoil cared enough to post twice about it !

Roadrunner best scumhunter 2016.
I think this is worth pursuing. Vote: Liopoil

First real vote of the game.  Side note, I was going to say the vote in the post he was replying to was scummy with the "This is going to look ridiculous but...", and then I saw it was from Teproc :(

Clarification: I didn't see the case until Teproc pointed it out. It wasn't me 'refusing to be the first vote.' When Teproc pointed it out I was like 'oh yeah, cool.' So I voted.

Townie post.   

Lio, would you mind analyzing your wagon? Who do you think is the most likely to be scum on it? Who is more likely town?
Sort of want to vote for you. The buddying is unreal, and even if liopoil is town, you (as scum) still benefit a ton by kmowing liopoil's reads on everyone.

You know what? Vote: Fontisian

I don't really see RR's point against Font here. 

Can we talk about a Liopoil/fontisian/J Reggie scum team?

Pretty unlikely.  Worth noting in case RR is scum.  More reads:

My preferred lynches are Liopoil, Jan, ADK, and Fontisian, in no particular order. I have an ADK scumslip by the way, let me find it.

Why not J Reggie? 

Claims to have an ADK scumslip, but it's bunk as expected  (along with basically every 'slip' is).  Goes back to Lio:

Vote: Liopoil
Tired of messing around. I'm about to get 2 VP and a bunch of Golds.

Claims to be an IC, because everyone townreads him.  Not sure why he thinks that.  More likely to think this as town, though.

Be careful before you draw to conclusions. Last I checked, you can't even draw a card, Scout.
Vote: Seprix

Seems to be reverting to RVS.  Continues to have a very fake-looking 'argument' with Seprix.  I'd say this looks like partner interaction, but Seprix wasn't scum.

Votes Silver:

So IG's most memorable thing was his 'forgetting the flavor slip,' which SS pointed out.

And guess what? That makes SS unbelievably scummy. I'm not sure if I can really explain this, but he got all the towncred for pointing out a 'slip' that clearly isn't a slip, so IG gets nothing, but ss still gets that towncred...

And you know what they say! Only scum tries to get town cred!
Vote: silverspawn

Some weird posts follow, and:

Anyway, I don't see this coming from anything but town!RR.  So yeah, you will live to D3.  I will prepare.
I remember in Desperation Mafia, I pulled this really crazy thing where I did my stupid fake claim as usual then got super weird and indignant when I assumed people though my IQ was -3 but they were just as confused as I was and I got lynched. And I was scum.

So don't give me a town pass just because I make weird posts late at night.

Then

I can get behind liopoil.

Nah, this picked up too easily.

Then

L-2

Hydras is in like the bottom three people I want to lynch  :-\

Why?  Oh, because of this:

I'd rather lynch no one than Hydrad. There's no information and I don't think he's scum.

And if he's a PR, it's likely he won't come online in time to claim before he's lynched or before we hit the deadline.

Townier on this.  Scum is less likely to oppose the lynch so overtly. 

Still pushing Liopoil

I don't like how Jan does the "if this person is scum then this person must be scum" thing, that feels so scummy.

I am not for this Hydrad wagon.

vote: ss
Now is not the time for a new wagon.

Have you considered Liopoil?

Man Lio's received a lot of attention this game without getting lynched. 

Seprix puts Lio to L-1, RR immediately unvotes.  JReggie puts Lio back at L-1 and more people unvote.  RR says Lio should claim.  Vote Lio again:

Strongly opposes Hydrad lynch:

Hydrad is NOT fine.
Ppes

More pushing Lio to claim.  Hasn't moved vote, but votes again:

Says this:

I'm not going to be available after this for the rest of the day. I have one request: lynch scum.
Make sure you're on the Liopoil wagon before you leave. He's thr most likely to get lynched but we'll need ever vote we can get.

Again on Hydrad:

Ugh. There should not be this much resistance to the Hydrad lynch.
Fine where I am for now.
Truth.

With the way people are acting, I guess scum can just lurk their way to victory in this game.
Have some empathy my dude. We can always lynch him tomorrow after he gets a chance to talk.

Gets onto Awaclus wagon

Vote: Awaclus

Stop talking about it and do it!!!

Go go go!

Votes Lio, then goes back to Awaclus.  Displays some regret:

Feels bad man. I should've unvoted.

And that's Day 1.  For RR, this could be either town or scum.  I'm thinking more likely town, though.  Lots throwing around votes with reckless abandon.  Of course you can do that as scum, but you're always thinking 'this is going to get analyzed.. am I going to look bad?' so it's a little harder to seem so carefree. 

Have to take a break, I'll finish him up later. 

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: June 17, 2016, 10:48:27 am »

Oh yeah, ADK had a scumslip. I'm keeping my vote here.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: June 17, 2016, 11:08:52 am »

why is his "clarification" post towny?

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: June 17, 2016, 11:17:20 am »

why is his "clarification" post towny?
I don't think that it is.  At all, really.

Oh yeah, ADK had a scumslip. I'm keeping my vote here.
What scumslip?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: June 17, 2016, 02:42:50 pm »

So Day2.

Goes after e pretty early:

I'd rather go for 2.7 today than lipoil. Much rather, actually.

Let's go with a Vote: 2.7

A handful of empty posts follows.  Says this:

Why am I so high on the rainbow? [I plan on it, but] I haven't contributed anything very meaningful. Isn't that scummy?

Well, at least he's aware. 

Why am I so high on the rainbow? [I plan on it, but] I haven't contributed anything very meaningful. Isn't that scummy?
See, this is what I'm talking about.  RR saying "isn't that scummy" used to be a rocksolid scumtell for RR.  And it just ISN'T any more.  So annoying.
Sorry bud. If you want to read me, ask EFHW. She knows the secret and she's told a few people (like Liopoil).

Wait, so Lio knows your alignment? 

About Iguana:

So L-2?

Uh oh.

So L-2?

Uh oh.

Is ii you're scum partner?
No, he is town.

Apparently not. 

Jan is towny for asking about a daychat.

Scum already knows whether or not they have one. Would scum Jan! really ask?

You're buying townslip now?

I've had time to explain the 2.7 case, but there isn't a case. We'll call it gut.

Alright then.

Oh yeah, Iguanaiguana was Hydrad. So I'd be more open to an iguana lynch.

OTOH, ADK isn't terrible either.

Um, why does that make you more open? 

Oh yeah, Iguanaiguana was Hydrad. So I'd be more open to an iguana lynch.

OTOH, ADK isn't terrible either.
You were defending hydrad yesterday.

Fine Jan, I'll go find the reads list again. Pretty sure it's just playstyle though.
I was defending because I wanted your lynch. But when Awaclus flipped town, scum must've helped pivot the lynch off you or Hydrad and onto Awaclus.

I don't think you're scum anymore, so that leaves my boy Iguanaiguana.

I'm not sure I believe this reasoning. 

Haddock, you were scum with J Reggie. J Reggie you were scum with Haddock.

Both of you are very good players. If one of you is town, watch the other. If you guys are both scum, we're in trouble.

Sigh.

I might stay up for the deadline but do not count on it.

I'll probably just look at the two wagons and place my vote on the scummier person. No need to do a repeat of the Awaclus blunder.
Ppe

Don't like this.  Preemptive explanation of votes.

Wow that sounded scummy. Of course pointing out that you sound scummy is supposed to be scummy, but by pointing out that I know it's supposed to be scummy, I'm creating WIFOM, aren't I?

Fun!

Oh good, you see it too.  Then why do you keep doing it?  More weird:

Is it bad that I sort of want liopoil to die, not because he's scummy, but because I'm curious as to what role he is?

Unovtes from e (he was the only one on e):

Unvote

And moves to ADK:

For apparently this:

Trying to lynch Liopoil after his weird claim thing and then suggesting the Awaclus lynch.

What about that 'scumslip' thing though?

Iguanaiguana is the person I feel worst about mislynching. I don't know why. If nothing better has appeared by 1:00 AM, I'll probably join. But reluctantly.

:/

Prompts Iguana to claim (this guy likes claims):

Iphone 1s and the dominion forum do not mix well.

I want iguanaiguana to claim, I won't hammer without it

Says some weird stuff, like:

Guys wtf!

He's a Trapping Tracker!

The reason this game is so big is because everyone on his wagon gets vengekilled!!!!!!!!

(soft) Claims for no reason:

Note for scum: I didn't claim investigation.

I guess I sorta claimed PR, but my role might be invented (if I am a PR, that is. It would be pure gold if I got night killed and I was a VT).

But yeah. Don't kill me.

Are you joking or did I get redirected?

And that brings us to Day 3.

So Day 2 is a lot scummier than Day 1.  However, his reaction to the Iguana lynch does not look a lot like a partner.  He seemed genuinely surprised. 

Well, except now he claims to just be making stuff up:

Guys wtf!

He's a Trapping Tracker!

The reason this game is so big is because everyone on his wagon gets vengekilled!!!!!!!!
I assume you were just messing around right?
Yeah. I got Seprix (I think) but then he died. So ya know.

Is now very anti lynching Liopoil:

I am not down for a liopoil lynch.

I think that disagreeing with Seprix/being weird to Seprix is actually towny, seeing as he is an IC. RIP.

But I got a town read, which is better than most. And the ADK case is quite convincing but I never feel good about ADK. I don't usually feel good about lynching anyone, but that applies here with ADK. So we'll see.

But ADK was so scumzorz.  Votes a little later:

No reason not to.

Seprix is dead. Stop trying to get a town slip.

Way to ruin it~

I think if Haddock was scum, this would be a rookie mistake, and I think Haddock is the best scum player who graduated in my class.

So I'd rather lynch ADK. Iguanaiguana's 'bussing that went nowhere but could be used as town Cred' argument is super convincing.

Why am I the only one on ADK? I thought someone said there was a case...

So quite Anti-ADK now. 

A lot of his D2/D3 votes come with preempted explanation/feelers.  Like "hey I'm thinking about voting for this guy" *waits for reactions* *votes*.  Not a huge fan of that.  Or the shenanigans at the end of D2.  I'm not sure it's scum or town from RR.  I'd put him on the slight townie side of null. 

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: June 17, 2016, 05:05:58 pm »

vote: gkrieg
Call it OMGUS if you like.  I can't be certain there isn't some such motivation. 
But I do think he's scummy.  Also WW is towny and his rereads indicate scum!gkrieg.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: June 17, 2016, 05:33:17 pm »

WW is towny, yeah. I always feel like big rereads are towny, even though they're a null tell.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: June 17, 2016, 06:52:41 pm »

vote: gkrieg
Call it OMGUS if you like.  I can't be certain there isn't some such motivation. 
But I do think he's scummy.  Also WW is towny and his rereads indicate scum!gkrieg.

Yep, Vote: gkrieg13
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 111  All

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 17 queries.