Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 111  All

Author Topic: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 266890 times)

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #425 on: May 26, 2016, 04:35:41 pm »

really? the game started going kinda strong .. well at least the rvs part.

I want to say i think roadrunner is my earliest townread of the rvs stage, IF he is a new player. Rly depends a bit on his meta and people might need to confirm or deny that read for me.

I thought his reaction to claim scum "hi everyone" after not doing so from the get go was slightly ballsy play. I got into the game thinking he is a new player, if that is the case then i think it is towny.

oh and while at it :
#218 - liopoil says we should not misslynch roadrunner today, do you mind explaining your townread at that point on him?

Moving on ...
Generic signature involving the word homunculus.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 26, 2016, 04:38:03 pm »

RR isn't really that new.  He has played more than 5 games

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 26, 2016, 04:38:40 pm »

Vote Count 1.3

2.71828..... (1): gkrieg13
Melisandre (1): Roadrunner7671
gkrieg13 (1): Ichimaru Gin
Seprix (4): Awaclus, silverspawn, liopoil, 2.71828.....
Roadrunner7671 (2): Jan, Melisandre
Teproc (1): A Drowned Kernel
A Drowned Kernel (3): fontisian, Seprix, J Reggie
Awaclus (1): Hydrad
J Reggie (1): Teproc

Not Voting (1): Haddock

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch. Day 1 ends June 1 at 4:30 pm forum time.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 26, 2016, 04:39:55 pm »

RR isn't really that new.  He has played more than 5 games
By my count I have 15. So definitely not a new player.

On an unrelated note, I would lynch ADK over Seprix, but I don't really want to lynch either. I don't have a scum read on anyone at this point. That will hopefully change soon though.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 26, 2016, 04:42:36 pm »

I want to say i think roadrunner is my earliest townread of the rvs stage, IF he is a new player. Rly depends a bit on his meta and people might need to confirm or deny that read for me.
If I'm a new player won't people be pretty unfamiliar with my meta?

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 26, 2016, 04:44:36 pm »

just checked the pregame again. i thought i remembered him saying he was new and all that. he was only talking about hit meta. misremembered that. (i was right remembering him being afraid of being misslynched)

not that sure on the rr read anymore. still want an answer to why liopoil thought rr is town.

I am curious why both gkrieg and adk think the readslist wasnt too contrived?
I am fine with being spewed town from the get go, but believing Joga who played a single game with me has a solid townread on me after 2 posts of mine?!
Like .. he didnt give 2-3 leans in either direction he gave a fairly hard town and scumread and some leans.

Anyways would like them to talk about that for 30 seconds.

Moving on ...

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 26, 2016, 04:45:18 pm »

Vote: Awaclus for now though.

Expand on this please.
I did not like this intro post. It feels very detached/distant.

Ok sorry. uh basically I'm still not really sure where to go at the moment. Awaclus is a nice default for me as his town/scum feel so similar to me and I feel like as town hes less helpful as town (in my opinion) but when hes scum hes also not very helpful but he doesn't need to be as scum. So bascially its just a spot to place my vote for now.

One thing I will say though is I'm really liking you as a player here though. I'm leaning town on you right now.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 26, 2016, 04:47:23 pm »

Vote: Awaclus for now though.

Expand on this please.
I did not like this intro post. It feels very detached/distant.

Ok sorry. uh basically I'm still not really sure where to go at the moment. Awaclus is a nice default for me as his town/scum feel so similar to me and I feel like as town hes less helpful as town (in my opinion) but when hes scum hes also not very helpful but he doesn't need to be as scum. So bascially its just a spot to place my vote for now.

One thing I will say though is I'm really liking you as a player here though. I'm leaning town on you right now.

This is the most Hydrad most ever.

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 26, 2016, 04:47:32 pm »

If I'm a new player won't people be pretty unfamiliar with my meta?
They would still now if you have balls or not.
There are people who don't mind claiming scum as either alignment, and there are those who are more carefree as town and more cautious as scum ebcause they want to avoid being scumread.
More something with newer players in my opinion.

So if you are a new player and are not one to play too wacky, then said read would apply.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 26, 2016, 04:47:43 pm »

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: May 26, 2016, 05:17:48 pm »

Melisandre/Seprix reads good and involved.

fonti being a copycat is kinda boring.

Her pointing out the rolehunting and the adk thing read towny.

i need some sort of reason for the liopoil thing, because that guy is not towny in my book.

i will do one better :

Vote: liopoil

I think silver involvement and him trying to guide with helping with metareads is kind of towny?!
I can see him faking this as scum, because if he doesn't do it someone else will, but in the end the people who don't have meta infos might look scummy for pushing on people who look scummy but are well in their town meta.

I also have a few rolereads if people are interested.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #436 on: May 26, 2016, 05:19:16 pm »

We're not.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 26, 2016, 05:24:16 pm »

We're not.
I am!

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 26, 2016, 05:26:40 pm »

Melisandre
Seprix
Silverspawn
Fontisian
Roadrunner

Are the people i read town in this order .. non of them being a really strong townread and the bottom two being very weak leans.

adk
2.71828 (pure gut)
liopoil

being the scum leans for now.

i considered reading gkriegs reads on adk and seprix, but the formating was so bad that i decided to rather carve out my eyeballs with a wooden spoon. it was a fun time!

From now on i will try solving the game while flying blind. you can thank gkrieg for that!

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 26, 2016, 05:39:58 pm »

really? the game started going kinda strong .. well at least the rvs part.

I thought his reaction to claim scum "hi everyone" after not doing so from the get go was slightly ballsy play. I got into the game thinking he is a new player, if that is the case then i think it is towny.

oh and while at it :
#218 - liopoil says we should not misslynch roadrunner today, do you mind explaining your townread at that point on him?

Moving on ...
I did not, in fact, say that I have a townread on him. Mislynching him is a bad idea, but if he's scum then we should lynch him. This is trivially true for every player, but I think we can do it pretty easily for RRR.

In general I think RRR is one of the easiest players to recognize as town. So if we mislynch him we're dumb, as Teproc said.

However, I do on fact lean town on RRR right now, though not very high confidence yet. Reads post incoming somewhat soon with explanations...

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 26, 2016, 05:42:55 pm »

Melisandre
Seprix
Silverspawn
Fontisian
Roadrunner

Are the people i read town in this order .. non of them being a really strong townread and the bottom two being very weak leans.

adk
2.71828 (pure gut)
liopoil

being the scum leans for now.

i considered reading gkriegs reads on adk and seprix, but the formating was so bad that i decided to rather carve out my eyeballs with a wooden spoon. it was a fun time!

From now on i will try solving the game while flying blind. you can thank gkrieg for that!

To be fair, I'm not sure how I would've formatted them any differently.  They were just stream of consciousness rereads.  I mean I guess I could've double spaced them.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 26, 2016, 05:46:07 pm »

i need some sort of reason for the liopoil thing, because that guy is not towny in my book.

i will do one better :

I think silver involvement and him trying to guide with helping with metareads is kind of towny?!
I can see him faking this as scum, because if he doesn't do it someone else will, but in the end the people who don't have meta infos might look scummy for pushing on people who look scummy but are well in their town meta.

I think the meta stuff is also kind of important, but can also be something to hide behind.  It would be really easy to read your partner as town just because they have a meta of being easy to mislynch.  But on the other hand, all of us have played a bunch of games with the same people, so we understand each other's metas pretty well at this point.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 26, 2016, 05:49:00 pm »

So my thought process is as follows: I thought ADK looked scummy, then realized I didn't know why I thought that, then Seprix made a case and I agreed with it. And I definitely don't have a hard scum-read on anyone, so I'm going with what I've got and seeing how people react, which is how I play the game.

The opinion poll was partially because I was having trouble forming an opinion on the two others, partially because I thought people weren't talking about them enough for how much they had continued, and also because I'm always surprised by how people read my posts. Apparently people are finding me scummy this game. That's interesting; I guess it's fine. I'm still getting used to all these new people.

I'm currently feeling pretty town on melisandre, but I'm wary of that because we might just be used to different metas.

Also, if anyone has a preference for what pronouns you would like to be referred to by, let me know. I go by he/him/his. I feel like this is a thing we should do when we /in, but that probably won't catch on.

Re: the opinion poll: I found it odd that gkrieg was asked about considering he had made 2 posts at that point.

I also agree that it was weird to put me in a mix of people you could actually already have reads on.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 26, 2016, 05:50:44 pm »

In general I think RRR is one of the easiest players to recognize as town. So if we mislynch him we're dumb, as Teproc said.

However, I do on fact lean town on RRR right now, though not very high confidence yet. Reads post incoming somewhat soon with explanations...

I think RR has become one of the hardest people for me to read now because he has stopped doing a lot of the newbie things that he started out doing. 

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 26, 2016, 05:53:25 pm »

Screw a reads post, instead I'll make several shorter posts.

RRR townread is mostly because of his interactions with Seprix and a gut feeling about meta. Also this:
RR in particular I have a townread on based on his latest posts
I'm just playing up my meta for the benefit of those who I've never played with.
feels like a townie post to me.

How he reacts to making hard choices down the road will be much more telling.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 26, 2016, 05:58:10 pm »

i will do one better :

This is a towny post because of the last line. Not interested though, in case it wasn't clear. As far I can see, you don't say why you think I am scum anywhere? Okay. I think you'll figure out that I'm town eventually.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 26, 2016, 05:59:48 pm »

Also, vote: J Reggie
Vote: Teproc

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 26, 2016, 06:04:36 pm »

Seprix has a new playstyle. I like it, though I have no idea what it means re: his alignment.

J Reggie is pretty scummy too : his jumping on silver and ADK feels forced, not in a good way.

More importantly though, Melisandre is getting scummier by the minute. Though... silver, did she/he tend to overreact to pressure in the championship game ? Melisandre was town there right ?
His ADK vote wasn't great but it's not like he would get towncred for sheeping Seprix. That's null for me.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 26, 2016, 06:06:45 pm »

Teproc did just claim scum, but only in an RVS way, so I suppose I should Unvote.

Now re-evaluating Seprix. Opting to read gkrieg's post rather than carve eyes out.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 26, 2016, 06:22:57 pm »

Seprix reread:
  RVS vote
  makes some jokes then asks Awaclus to explain his vote
  more jokes, and throws some dominion stuff in there
  says that asking Awaclus was worth a shot, and that he doesn't want to put more energy into it
  attempts three times to vote for Melis because of his early reads list
  says that for WIFOM reasons Melis might open this way as scum
  warns about Awaclus
  says that he doesn't like the forced reads to get out of RVS
  says he wants to vote for Melis twice
  says once again that he really doesn't like the reads list of Melis.  I kinda agree with him here that the reads list could have been taken as serious and actually gave him a lot of towncred regardless of whether it was real or not for some reason.
  gives some setup talk where he says we are either multiball, or a 4-person scum team.  I think Mistborn Mafia was this size and it had a 5-person mafia team, but we kept thinking it was multiball.  I wouldn't discount a large mafia team until we see otherwise.
  says he thinks RVS is over
  claims an ADK/Melis scum team but then doesn't want to express a case
  Has a post where he says that he townreads Melis because he is too scummy to be scum.  There is also some other great content in this post
  unvotes Melis and gives him a D1 pass
  votes ADK because ADK says that there is a scum motivation for making someone defensive.  I agree with Seprix here.  I don't think there is a scum motivation for attacking someone.  Usually you want to hide in the shadows while two other townies fight.  Especially in a game this large where you will have townies fight.
  points out the inconsistency with ADK's logic

Overall I don't get why people are voting for Seprix.  I think he is honestly looking for scum.  He is rereading when appropriate, trying to make valid cases on people, and his responses have obviously been genuine.
Thanks for this post. If t stands for towny, n stands for null, s stands for scum, then I find each of the lines to be respectively: nnstnnnstsnntssss. Still a scum lean for me. However, it is becoming more clear to me that he could have genuinely believed in the last four posts listed here. Yay hedging.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 111  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.