Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 111  All

Author Topic: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 267769 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1525 on: June 09, 2016, 02:36:00 pm »

It wasn't that one.

I don't know which one it was, then. It was forever ago, and I've been playing differently than I have then. Not to discredit that game or anything.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: June 09, 2016, 02:59:29 pm »

Closed set up. We have very limited information to work with.

Yeah, I didn't mean this game. I was just debating your statement in general.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: June 09, 2016, 03:04:52 pm »

While reading over the conversation with e - some small things I am curious about :
Liopoil's Day One Lynchpool:

Jan
Seprix
Hydrad
Haddock
Teproc
gkrieg13

6 << 16, so this is a lot of progress. Happy with my current vote.

PPE: haha nice one

Yeah this is most likely the worst scum list i have seen all game. Not talking about me, but like .. You read 3 of the people who pushed the best content in this game (Teproc, Haddock, Seprix) that you know in your scum list, and you don't even have a reason. (I don't count fonti/meli since you don't know them)

Just look at their post. They are just better. Sure there could be a scum between them. But that would be the hard scum to find, ebcause they are playing fairly well.

Hydrad is just a cop out. could be scum could be town, has no content.

I am split between you and "Number two", but he hardclaimed with his reaction while you might be just wrong on everything as town.
You continue to blatantly misrepresent. This was not a reads list. It was not intended to be persuasive. It was not even a list of people I find scummy. It was "Liopoil's Day One Lynchpool", and indeed this is exactly what I said.
Can you tell me what the point was of making a day 1 lynchpool list at the time?

If it is not representing your reads at the time ("not a reads list"), what exactly was it supposed to be?

Why did you have those people on your list at the time?
For me to make a list like that there are 2 reasons :
1. i think those are people that are scummy and if they are town i would not miss them
2. i think everyone else is towny or really useful even if they are scum, so those people are my lynchpool via PoE.

You seemed to have another reason for it. with all the e drama i had no time to ask you back then, why did you put those people on your day 1 lynchpool?

Aaannd a second one for liopoil, cutting down the quote to make it a little smaller:

The most OMGUS post of all time. If you read his post carefully, you'd realize that he is not actually summarizing your reads, but mocking the way you misrepresent his own reads in your summary. In noticing that he is misrepresenting you, you accidentally implicitly admit to misrepresenting him. And his original reads list was high quality.

e's flip-flop screams completely genuine to me, and I think others will agree. What you accuse e of you yourself commit at least as much.

I doubt we will find a better lynch than Jan today.
Could you do me the favor and tell me what about/why you thought that e's initial readslist was "high quality"?

And while you are at it could you explain to me the sentence before that?
It does not make any sense in my head. I legit don't get the part where you say me acknowledging his post as what it is implies me admitting to something i didn't do.
You could say that my parody of his readslist was slightly over the top, which is the point of a parody in most cases. But the point at its core stands and stood. His list was of the lowest quality imaginable at the time, because it was the facade of information, while not bringing forth anything new. (or not a lot new considering the amount of words he used).

Going full circle - why was his list "high quality" to you?
Okay it was mostly for my own benefit - hmm these are the people who could be good lynches today, I'll read their posts more carefully. I posted it in case anyone was interested. I don't seem to have much of a filter this game. I believe I explained why those people were in the list multiple times.

e's list I thought had plenty of content and I agreed with most of it. High quality. Not sure what else you want to know. The sentence before that is pretty much gibberish, so you can go ahead and ignore.

Mostly your parody didn't make sense. You can call it over the top, but it seemed to barely relate to what e said at all.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: June 09, 2016, 03:09:59 pm »

Closed set up. We have very limited information to work with.

Yeah, I didn't mean this game. I was just debating your statement in general.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. When I said subjectivity is the only thing possible, I meant for this game as well. But yes, Probabilities are actual facts, albeit not reliable ones.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1529 on: June 09, 2016, 03:10:42 pm »

lio
Melisandre
Jan
gkreig

Iguana
e

@fontisian - Talk me through your scum/scum-leans reads.
Bump.
"Napoleon of crime".

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: June 09, 2016, 03:28:33 pm »

e's list I thought had plenty of content and I agreed with most of it. High quality. Not sure what else you want to know.
I talked again about said list a few posts ago because of a slight disagreement. Could you go into detail what you liked/agreed with?

I am trying to get a grasp on your play and part of that is understanding what you see as good/high quality and what not.

Mainly because I seem to disagree with a lot of the things you are saying and I am unsure if that is a difference in playstyle or something else.
Generic signature involving the word homunculus.

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: June 09, 2016, 03:35:49 pm »

e's list I thought had plenty of content and I agreed with most of it. High quality. Not sure what else you want to know.
I talked again about said list a few posts ago because of a slight disagreement. Could you go into detail what you liked/agreed with?

I am trying to get a grasp on your play and part of that is understanding what you see as good/high quality and what not.

Mainly because I seem to disagree with a lot of the things you are saying and I am unsure if that is a difference in playstyle or something else.
That is what you liked/agreed with in the initial list. not my argument with silver about the list.

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: June 09, 2016, 03:44:21 pm »

Hey, so my Internet provider is out in my area. Operation Find Nets has also failed. So I'm phone posting.

Melisandre: e's push on Jan felt fake. Iguana stuff has been explained. The nulls are people I don't townread. I don't know how to read you and the way you emphasize parts of your posts is wrecking my tone reads. Jan dropped when he didn't do anything today. His reads are nice though. Lio dropped when content was increasingly awkward and lacked a scum hunting mindset. Gkrieg read thoughs, while requiring a lot of effort, seem easy to fake and I don't like a lot of his conclusions.
Dread Empress fontisian (may she never return)
Smooth like Sandpaper

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: June 09, 2016, 03:48:30 pm »

I mean, some of the stuff I threw out there was to see reactions, but some of it was just plain stupidity, especially the incredibly-meta read on Melis/Teproc N1 kill.

I died?
God, I want this to be a townslip.
Smooth like Sandpaper

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: June 09, 2016, 04:00:46 pm »

Jan, do you still want to lynch e today? I'd be interested. If not, who do you want to lynch?
Smooth like Sandpaper

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: June 09, 2016, 04:03:18 pm »

Oh yeah, Iguanaiguana was Hydrad. So I'd be more open to an iguana lynch.

OTOH, ADK isn't terrible either.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: June 09, 2016, 04:06:56 pm »

You were defending hydrad yesterday.

Fine Jan, I'll go find the reads list again. Pretty sure it's just playstyle though.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: June 09, 2016, 04:09:37 pm »

You were defending hydrad yesterday.

Fine Jan, I'll go find the reads list again. Pretty sure it's just playstyle though.
I was defending because I wanted your lynch. But when Awaclus flipped town, scum must've helped pivot the lynch off you or Hydrad and onto Awaclus.

I don't think you're scum anymore, so that leaves my boy Iguanaiguana.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: June 09, 2016, 04:44:33 pm »

There's talk of an e lynch. I guess I'd better not reread e, since I'm so obviously biased.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: June 09, 2016, 05:14:47 pm »

since I wasn't a part of it, I will strongly condemn that lynch.  It was absolutely awful.  I know, lynching is important, but that lynch totally felt like scum pushing some last minute lynch away from a different last minute lynch of a partner.

He doesn't mention ADK, despite ADK starting the Awaclus thing. He does mention me though, and ends up voting for me. Scum team could be ADK/e/someone else. Hmmm.

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: June 09, 2016, 05:50:19 pm »

Jan, do you still want to lynch e today? I'd be interested. If not, who do you want to lynch?

I am trying to finalize my opinion on e and liopoil at the moment.

Outside of those two silver is still in my pool of suspects (i am still curious why you think he is town).
Reggie is doing all he can to work himself into that list as well.

Roadrunner, Melisandre, Teproc-slot, Gkrieg are people i dont think i would to lynch. Haddock would be the lowest of the townreads, don't remember a lot he has done today.

Hydraslot / adk / seprix .. if someone makes a really good case maybe, but i havent seen anything convincing yet.

Not sure if there is someone i have not mentioned yet.

for now i will take a nap. let me know in skype when your internet is stable again.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: June 09, 2016, 05:54:44 pm »

I am trying to finalize my opinion on e and liopoil at the moment.

Outside of those two silver is still in my pool of suspects (i am still curious why you think he is town).

Roadrunner, Melisandre, Teproc-slot, Gkrieg are people i dont think i would to lynch. Haddock would be the lowest of the townreads, don't remember a lot he has done today.

Hydraslot / adk / seprix .. if someone makes a really good case maybe, but i havent seen anything convincing yet.

Not sure if there is someone i have not mentioned yet.

for now i will take a nap. let me know in skype when your internet is stable again.

Jan, did you read my post on ADK? Do you think it is unusable, or do you think it is acceptable?

Also, I think you should reread yourself instead of making other people present the case for you... Like, that's lazy and anti-town.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1542 on: June 09, 2016, 05:56:16 pm »

Well what else can I do?

But really I feel like this recent discussion hasn't been useful. But maybe that's just me.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: June 09, 2016, 05:57:49 pm »

Well what else can I do?

But really I feel like this recent discussion hasn't been useful. But maybe that's just me.

No, I get you. I don't know really what to do. I reread ADK, nobody liked that. I feel like I can't contribute at all. I don't know what else to do, and we're running out of time. I don't want a repeat of last night.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1544 on: June 09, 2016, 05:58:56 pm »

Also, I think you should reread yourself instead of making other people present the case for you... Like, that's lazy and anti-town.

Yeah, for all this talk of empty posts I feel like Jan has had a lot of them.

We need more people to vote for ADK.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1545 on: June 09, 2016, 06:00:04 pm »

Or how about vote: Jan?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: June 09, 2016, 06:03:04 pm »

Yeah, for all this talk of empty posts I feel like Jan has had a lot of them.

We need more people to vote for ADK.

ADK is town, but you could join the lio wagon if you would like.

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: June 09, 2016, 06:07:17 pm »

Jan, did you read my post on ADK? Do you think it is unusable, or do you think it is acceptable?

The point is that those people are not as high on my priority list. If someone makes a convincing case then i might be swayed but as of right now, no.

It is not lazy anti-town. It is the truth.

I read your post on ADK, it read tainted with your opinion. I don't think he did anything that i liked today, but i liked a few things yesterday.

The reason why i want to be sure on liopoil and e is in part because i think gkrieg and adk are the same alignment. if the other two are both town, then gkrieg and ADK might be scum.
As of right now i have trouble thinking the other two are town. But that reread with a bit distance has priority and will happen early tomorrow (after i wake up).

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1548 on: June 09, 2016, 06:11:53 pm »

I read your post on ADK, it read tainted with your opinion.

What is this even supposed to mean? We've been over this. Of course reads have opinions in them. You're painting it like it's such an awful thing and it's really not.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: June 09, 2016, 06:13:28 pm »

Vote Count 2.4

liopoil (2): gkrieg13, Jan
Seprix (1): 2.71828.....
2.71828..... (1): Roadrunner7671
iguanaiguana (4): silverspawn, Haddock, fontisian, A Drowned Kernel
J Reggie (1): Witherweaver
A Drowned Kernel (1): Seprix
Jan (1): J Reggie

Not Voting (3): liopoil, Melisandre, iguanaiguana

Day 2 ends June 11 at 5 am forum time. That's in 35 hours.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 111  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 20 queries.