Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 111  All

Author Topic: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 267705 times)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #550 on: May 27, 2016, 05:02:20 pm »

Oh. Yeah one thing I don't like is silver's reluctance to accept that I'm an IC.

What does this mean?
I think it's clear I'm town, and I think town!silver is usually better at recognizing town!me.

I think it's clear you haven't done anything memorable yet

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 27, 2016, 05:07:47 pm »

Oh. Yeah one thing I don't like is silver's reluctance to accept that I'm an IC.

What does this mean?
I think it's clear I'm town, and I think town!silver is usually better at recognizing town!me.

I think it's clear you haven't done anything memorable yet
I get into games by how people read me. There's been a definitive dearth of reads on me this game. So, I'll do stuff so people can actually read me.

Right now, I'm feeling really lost in this game. I've gone back and reread all the stuff I've missed, but it's like it's just going in one ear and out the other.

uh basically I'm still not really sure where to go at the moment..
If I felt like this I would be poking everyone. I do not see that from you.
Hmm. Maybe I'll take this advice.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 27, 2016, 05:08:01 pm »

*pokes silver*

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 27, 2016, 05:13:07 pm »

Having trouble getting into this game.
Yep, know the feeling.

@Haddock - when you have time add the supporting reasons to your early reads:
"RR and Awaclus are being their usual town selves"
I probably have to retract the Awaclus read.
His usual town meta from a while back was always fairly brusque, only commenting with random stuff and grabbing onto random stuff for reasons that never make sense to anyone else.  This kind of thing is very him:
Awaclus slightly scummy (hasn't pissed anyone off yet, feels reserved).

Which is not a scum trait for me.

I read again, though, and in posts other than the one above, he's just being way too helpful.  If not an outright scumtell for Awaclus, it definitely points that way.

I dunno where my townread on him came from.  Now I read more carefully, he's not towny at all.

RR on the other hand is towny.  These posts are all absolutely classic town!RR as far as I'm concerned.  Then again my ability to read RR lately seems to be nonexistent. So take this with a pinch of salt.
Tryhard scum is tryhard.

Really? Do you think an experienced scum would open the game like this?
Silverspawn I really hope you're town because you're the scary championship person expert. You have to read them and stop them from lynching me.
I'm thinking one mafia with a SK, but more PRs than expected in a normal game.
And I'm floating around because 14 13 of us are still in RVS.
This game is moving way to fast.

I don't even have a scum read yet. I'm still in RVS.

But who am I towny on?
Seprix
ADK
Liopoil
Faust?
Jan??

Null on pretty much everyone.

Maybe scummy on Fontisian? But not to a point where I can get a case.

I like teproc and haddock from the last page
Huh?

More coming (re J Reggie)
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 27, 2016, 05:15:17 pm »

I liked your posts from the last page but am unable to quote then because I'm on mobile

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: May 27, 2016, 05:18:53 pm »

This is one of the most absurd things you've ever posted in mafia.

I am town reading you. Not much, but I am.

All I said was that your town slip is not a town slip. Which is obviously true. Do you think it was a townslip? No, you don't, because it wasn't. So what gives?

this reread seems scummy to me

Could it be because it scumreads you?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 27, 2016, 05:24:30 pm »

I am town reading you. Not much, but I am.

All I said was that your town slip is not a town slip. Which is obviously true. Do you think it was a townslip? No, you don't, because it wasn't. So what gives?

this reread seems scummy to me

Could it be because it scumreads you?

Does it?  I think it's the language you use. It sounds more like something the other mafia championship people would say. I'll pick it out of the quote later on. Deleting text out of quotes is hard right now

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 27, 2016, 05:27:13 pm »

I'm so good with words.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 27, 2016, 05:30:29 pm »

@Haddock - when you have time add the supporting reasons to your early reads:
"J Reggie looks bad in places, and I think is worthy of a vote"
Haddock - as far as I can tell, you make a long post and then vote me just because I "look bad". People have been saying I'm scummy. This sort of feels like jumping on a trend without adding anything to it.

OK, so list of posts Reggie has made so far that I didn't like, with reasons where possible.

16 is a lit.
Vote: Jan

So you're not opening with "hi everybody"? That must mean you're town! 

Hi everybody!
Scumslip, Vote: J Reggie

Haha, I was hoping someone would notice that.
I mean, jokes and everything, sure, but the town narrative for this has never been explained.  Trying to throw off suspicion about something you said by saying "ha, glad someone noticed the funny joke I made" is scummy.

IG and Awaclus scum team. There, solved.
Proposing scumteams early on is always scummy as far as I'm concerned.  It is an attempt to tie together players in people's minds and distort reads.

I'm liking this whole Seprix/melisandre thing; finding both of them townie.
I never trust a read saying "Oh this clash between these players looks like a townclash to me."  Often that's a thing that town says,  but it's also a very nice way for scum to look reasonable and helpful and well-reading.  Without actually REALLY committing to a fullout townread on either player.

Have you been stalking me?

Haha, no, I think you and Awaclus have the easiest-to-describe metas. I do think you're one of the cooler people on f.ds though.
Buddying.

So my thought process is as follows: I thought ADK looked scummy, then realized I didn't know why I thought that, then Seprix made a case and I agreed with it. And I definitely don't have a hard scum-read on anyone, so I'm going with what I've got and seeing how people react, which is how I play the game.

The opinion poll was partially because I was having trouble forming an opinion on the two others, partially because I thought people weren't talking about them enough for how much they had continued, and also because I'm always surprised by how people read my posts. Apparently people are finding me scummy this game. That's interesting; I guess it's fine. I'm still getting used to all these new people.

I'm currently feeling pretty town on melisandre, but I'm wary of that because we might just be used to different metas.
Well, I know I don't like this post.  I can't put my finger on why.

Also, if anyone has a preference for what pronouns you would like to be referred to by, let me know. I go by he/him/his. I feel like this is a thing we should do when we /in, but that probably won't catch on.
He, etc.  Sorry not to reply to this earlier.

I guess this is a town-slip, maybe not.  I feel like if you were mafia you would have been more aware of the flavor, and this doesn't seem like a thing you did on purpose.  Although there's the whole debate over whether town-slips are real or not, but whatever.
This is like the hedgiest post in the universe.  I'm not giving scum points for it, I hedge all the time on D1.  But there it is.

vote: Jan
Maybe it's a scum read. Maybe it's omgus. Maybe it's Maybeline. Idk but this feels like the right vote.

If it's a gut read just say it's a gut read.  I dunno, man.  This jokeish thing is kinda ugly.

OK so it's all a stretch.  But my D1 stuff always is, and especially so this game. 
I'm sure I could find someone I'd rather vote for.  But I'm so tired.  Man 16 player mafia is TOUGH.  I'll get to it.

PPE - gkrieg. OK, I wasn't sure if you meant liked the post, or "like the idea of voting Haddock or Teproc based on the last page".
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 27, 2016, 05:50:31 pm »

I'm so good with words.
Nah I understand. I guess I missed some of your earlier posts. I don't consider that thing about the flavor town slip even. I kinda forgot the flavor, but maybe I was just slow too  :-[

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 27, 2016, 05:53:02 pm »

But it's memorable right?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 27, 2016, 05:58:32 pm »

I don't consider that thing about the flavor town slip even.

I knew you were sane. Let's be town buddies <3

kinda

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 27, 2016, 06:03:32 pm »

Let's go with option a. pretty sure i just wanted to do things!
I don't think you yourself believe in what you are spouting there dear. Back to the drawing board and try again.

But let us not be hasty. Take your wordsalad, straighten it up and see if we get anything useful.

It's a doing stuff thing. There's no reason to accuse Seprix of things he didn't do, because he knows he didn't do them.
Reality check for a moment, what did i say to him, again? (will cut some parts of the quote to shorten it down.)

So clearly, it seems Liopoil wants a Melis lynch. I'm okay with his lynch as well, but I am satisfied enough to also let him live.

Wait you went out of your conversation with melisandre saying you would prefer not to lynch him today, right?

But why did liopoils analysis of gkriegs summary of your posts on melis play change your mind?

Like you give someone a day pass for reasons and a soon someone else wants to lynch said person you go back and say - "yes, we can!".
So I accused him of something he did do. He changed his mind. And I wanted to know why, because for me nothing that melisandre himself did between both moments should have changed his mind.
The people talking about their interactions didn't bring anything strong up either. at least not that i could see/remember.

It allows him to react more genuinely than he would if he were mafia because he knows he's in the right regardless of his alignment. So, why bother attacking a bunch of things that didn't happen when you could just explain your problem with his fencesit and get him to explain. Or talk about the fuckton of reads he has commited too. Or, or, realize that people are allowed to have null reads, there are other scummy things in the game to pursue, and it'd be pretty weird for someone to have no null reads now anyway.
And then you go on and talk some crap that sadly does not make a lot of sense anymore. Because i attacked something that happened and you are just not able to read. sad life.

Like I don't disagree that attacking someone when you already know the answer is pointless. But he said :
I forgot to unvote. Melis is playing well enough to keep alive for a day at least.
Just to then agree with someone else that wants to lynch melisandre.
There is an obvious change in his read without anything happening in thread that would be indicative to change said read. So yes i will question him for that.

Do you disagree that someone possibly slipping up and having two different reads on the same person is more of a scumtell than a towntell?
Do you disagree with following up on those to get some sort of reaction is the right thing to do? (you know, he might panic for slipping, or react calm, or have a good reason, only one way to find out)
You can argue about my wording and that i was having fun instead of shorten my question to 1 sentence, but arguing about my question is questionable in itself.

Maybe i am not getting what you are getting at .. but i might copy the copycat for once :

So, Fontisian, from your perspective there's:

Mafia reasoning: Because it looks towny to do things, so you feel the need to force more content.

Town reasoning: something something reaction test or a misinterpretation of the original Jan post.

You may now confess your sins.

Look how easy this is!
Except he didn't change his mind at the time you're pointing out. He was clearly calling Melisandre kind of scummy, but not enough to insta lynch, the entire time after unvoting. Your premise is faulty.

I'm a she, by the by.

@silver I have the best words.
Dread Empress fontisian (may she never return)
Smooth like Sandpaper

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 27, 2016, 07:33:16 pm »

I don't consider that thing about the flavor town slip even.

I knew you were sane. Let's be town buddies <3

kinda
Sure <3
We will vanquish all the scums together!

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 27, 2016, 07:50:10 pm »

I haven't had trouble getting into this game, I just have no idea what to say. I don't have a scum read and RVS is over so I shouldn't clutter the thread, so I don't know what to say.

It's lame, I know.  :-\
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 27, 2016, 07:52:16 pm »

I haven't had trouble getting into this game, I just have no idea what to say. I don't have a scum read and RVS is over so I shouldn't clutter the thread, so I don't know what to say.

I kind of feel the same to some extent, but feel free to clutter the thread.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #566 on: May 27, 2016, 07:52:56 pm »

Ask questions. Try to get someone to slip up.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 27, 2016, 07:56:54 pm »

I'm around, and everyone seems to want to ask me questions, so there's that.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 27, 2016, 08:00:42 pm »

Good idea.

Liopoil: Are you scum?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 27, 2016, 08:07:13 pm »

I'm around, and everyone seems to want to ask me questions, so there's that.
How do you read me this game?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: May 27, 2016, 08:10:48 pm »

Good idea.

lol I didn't sign up for thks kind of interrogation. You'll make whatever I say sound scummy. Not convinced of the value of all these questions people are asking anyway.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 27, 2016, 08:11:32 pm »

Obviously I'm not scum though, but you already knew that right?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 27, 2016, 08:17:27 pm »

Oh yeah, almost forgot to unvote my town bud.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 27, 2016, 08:43:04 pm »

Good idea.

lol I didn't sign up for thks kind of interrogation. You'll make whatever I say sound scummy. Not convinced of the value of all these questions people are asking anyway.
He dodged the question !!!1

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 27, 2016, 09:25:08 pm »

sorry...been really slack here.  I still like my seprix vote.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 111  All

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 20 queries.