Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 75  All

Author Topic: Mafia XV - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS  (Read 161135 times)

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XV - Day 2 - Spec QT available w/mini game
« Reply #650 on: November 20, 2012, 10:26:08 am »

Conclusion:
yuma can't be town if CF and Eevee (my current scum picks) are scum. So, unvote.
This conclusion makes no sense.

Of course it makes sense. I always said that CF and Eevee are looking scummy for me. And you always looked townish to me.
But if that's true, then explain me why one of those two don't hammer you!?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 20, 2012, 10:28:44 am »

2 scum could currently vote for yuma, but this makes still little sense because after lynching yuma and another townie kill at night, there are 4 townies against 3 scums with us basically having no PRs. That's basically a win for Mafia. The only guess what makes sense is that there are currently all 3 Mafia guys voting for yuma and waiting for someone to hammer him which makes that person look scummy.
I think it pretty highly likely that all three scum are on my wagon and that it took off that fast. 2 maybe, but I think 1 is the most likely number

yuma, did you mean to type "unlikely" at the bolded spot above?

yes, unlikely is the appropriate word here

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 20, 2012, 10:31:02 am »

Conclusion:
yuma can't be town if CF and Eevee (my current scum picks) are scum. So, unvote.

Of course it makes sense. I always said that CF and Eevee are looking scummy for me. And you always looked townish to me.

Because they, if scum and I town, know that they will become a prime target for lynch tomorrow after I flip town. I have stated this so many times before. Scum wanted my wagon to be full of mostly town (maybe 1 scum on it) and expressed town reads on me to get cred. And now they can't vote for me because they would have to go back on their former read, just like you are doing.

Why dont' you hammer me?

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 20, 2012, 10:38:58 am »

Conclusion:

Because they, if scum and I town, know that they will become a prime target for lynch tomorrow after I flip town. I have stated this so many times before. Scum wanted my wagon to be full of mostly town (maybe 1 scum on it) and expressed town reads on me to get cred. And now they can't vote for me because they would have to go back on their former read, just like you are doing.

Why dont' you hammer me?

And what's the deal if they would be prime target for the kill? They still probably would have won with 3 scum against 4 townies with no power roles. Yeah, we might get the PR back, but the chances for winning are pretty slim.

I would hammer you if I were scum and you are town, you can be sure.

And I didn't changed my mind yet. I only realised that a scum team of CF, Eevee and a third person (who is not you) is unlikely.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 20, 2012, 10:42:37 am »

All right folks

1. Captain_Frisk - I'm town.
2. jotheonah
4. Eevee
5. Voltgloss
6. Axxle
8. yuma - I'm going to gamble that he is town.  I would have claimed a PR as scum.
10. ashersky
11. QVist - aggressive tunnelling on me is unlikely as a new scum player
12. TheMunch - bad theory is unlikely to be scum

This leaves the scum team as 3 out of {joth, axxle, eevee, ashersky, voltgloss}

If we can just eliminate one person out of that set, we can lynch the rest in order and win the game, because we have 1 mislynch.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 20, 2012, 10:45:40 am »

Vote: ashersky then?

I like your like of thinking Frisk, and basically only disagree on Qvist.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 20, 2012, 10:45:58 am »

Conclusion:

Why dont' you hammer me?

And what's the deal if they would be prime target for the kill? They still probably would have won with 3 scum against 4 townies with no power roles. Yeah, we might get the PR back, but the chances for winning are pretty slim.

I would hammer you if I were scum and you are town, you can be sure.

And I didn't changed my mind yet. I only realised that a scum team of CF, Eevee and a third person (who is not you) is unlikely.

Little story for you:

In M3 I was mafia with eevee and voltgloss. In day 3 we were in great shape. It was 3 scum against 5 townies. We mislynched Morgrim with all 3 scum on the wagon. We thought we had the win in the bag. But our night kill was blocked and then in 3 subsquent days each of us were lynched while our night kill was blocked. And we lost the game.

Crazy things happen in mafia, and if there is one thing mafia can't be is too overconfident. A lynch of a mafia player tomorrow could very easily open up the floodgates and allow a town win. A Power Role would be back, there would be analysis of comparing the scum to other players, there would be who had voted for that scum and who that scum had voted for. Scum does not want to get lynched tomorrow. They want to cruise to victory with a mislynch today and a mislynch tomorrow.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 20, 2012, 10:48:21 am »

Not ready to gamble the game on you being town (trademark blitz), but like your iniative of going after people I suspect to be mafia instead of yuma who I think is town. And you are one of my townier reads (right behind yuma and munch), so that's good too.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 20, 2012, 10:48:39 am »

Vote: ashersky then?

I like your like of thinking Frisk, and basically only disagree on Qvist.

No.  if you disagree with qvist, then my argument is shot.  Also, we can't just start lynching until we figure out who we think is town in that set.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 20, 2012, 10:49:42 am »

Thanks for the background story, but this time the kill can't be blocked unless the Mafia Doctor Switch dies.
Or do I miss something?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: November 20, 2012, 10:49:51 am »

All right folks

1. Captain_Frisk - I'm town.
2. jotheonah
4. Eevee
5. Voltgloss
6. Axxle
8. yuma - I'm going to gamble that he is town.  I would have claimed a PR as scum.
10. ashersky
11. QVist - aggressive tunnelling on me is unlikely as a new scum player
12. TheMunch - bad theory is unlikely to be scum

This leaves the scum team as 3 out of {joth, axxle, eevee, ashersky, voltgloss}

If we can just eliminate one person out of that set, we can lynch the rest in order and win the game, because we have 1 mislynch.

the most town in that set are volt and axxle (axxle coming in first), but I am not convinced that you are town obviously, although I appreciate the read on me.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 20, 2012, 10:50:48 am »

Axxle, what are your thoughts on yuma's VT claim and the discussion since then?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 20, 2012, 10:50:57 am »

Thanks for the background story, but this time the kill can't be blocked unless the Mafia Doctor Switch dies.
Or do I miss something?

scum can't perform kill and switch at the same time.... so say the mafia vig switch dies. That means either the cop or doc switch can't switch if they want to perform the kill.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 20, 2012, 10:52:07 am »

Or do I miss something?

scum can't perform kill and switch at the same time.... so say the mafia vig switch dies. That means either the cop or doc switch can't switch if they want to perform the kill.

Ah, right. I forgot about that. That makes sense.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 20, 2012, 10:58:44 am »

Oh yuma, just thinking about the end of III is painfuul. We were doing so well!

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 20, 2012, 11:34:53 am »

Axxle, what are your thoughts on yuma's VT claim and the discussion since then?
still think he's town and am increasingly certain that there is a substantial scum presence on the wagon.  Could be deluded town but I think most players aren't.
unvote

I'll reread.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 20, 2012, 11:38:38 am »

I'm torn between being less sure yuma is scum (because of the VT claim and the general feel of his posts) and feeling really dumb if I abandon the yuma wagon and then it turns out he IS scum. Because, guys, do you remember scum yuma? He's sneaky as hell.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 20, 2012, 11:39:29 am »

Like, I had a Mod's eye view of MV, and yuma snuck right through that game without ever being suspected.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 20, 2012, 11:41:32 am »

In M3 I was mafia with eevee and voltgloss. In day 3 we were in great shape. It was 3 scum against 5 townies. We mislynched Morgrim with all 3 scum on the wagon. We thought we had the win in the bag. But our night kill was blocked and then in 3 subsquent days each of us were lynched while our night kill was blocked. And we lost the game.

Crazy things happen in mafia, and if there is one thing mafia can't be is too overconfident. A lynch of a mafia player tomorrow could very easily open up the floodgates and allow a town win. A Power Role would be back, there would be analysis of comparing the scum to other players, there would be who had voted for that scum and who that scum had voted for. Scum does not want to get lynched tomorrow. They want to cruise to victory with a mislynch today and a mislynch tomorrow.

Isn't this precisely the situation I outlined?  If I am town and Yuma is town, it would be pretty easy to have cruised to a victory with a mislynch today (hammer yuma) and a mislynch tomorrow (lynch me for pushing town yuma so hard).  This didn't happen (and I think Yuma being town is the cause). 

What I dont like about this post from Yuma is that he came up with his (imo less likely) scenario where the people that have built up town reads on yuma are scum and saying that my scenario is less likely yet acknowledges that it is the winning scenario for scum in this post.  Yuma's initial proposition of the "people built town reads on yuma" was this post:
Munch: you have completely missed, or chosen to ignore, my theory, and I am willing to bet some serious Goko coin (no, not really, I don't have any Goko coin, but if I did, I would bet it) that this is what is happening. That scum was hoping that enough townies would be willing to lynch me so as to enable them to stay off my lynch wagon for the most part. At this point I don't think that all 3 scum are on my wagon. My bet is that scum expressed a town read on me to gain the necessary cred for tomorrow when I flipped town tomorrow. But in fact not enough townies were willing to vote for me. But the scum not voting for me had already expressed a town read on me and are not willing to go back on that because they will be a prime target tomorrow when I flip town. This is why I am voting Qvist. He seemed to be the most likely to fit this bill because he has provided the weakest reason for why I am town. Actually Frisk fits this bill as well. But his "style" has been more town to me.
Ending with this line:
I wish there was someway that I could convince you of it beside getting lynched.

I think the way that yuma could have convinced me that yuma was town without getting lynched was to actually follow through with the case that he proposed.  He claimed that this situation was much more likely yet never followed through with the scumhunt.  If scum consist of the people who have town reads on yuma (and there aren't many; I know of at least 4 people who dont have scum reads on you) then why hasn't Yuma actually going after the people that have town reads on him?

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 20, 2012, 11:43:35 am »

Isn't this precisely the situation I outlined?  If I am town and Yuma is town, it would be pretty easy to have cruised to a victory with a mislynch today (hammer yuma) and a mislynch tomorrow (lynch me for pushing town yuma so hard).  This didn't happen (and I think Yuma being town scum is the cause). 

That was a bad typo..

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 20, 2012, 11:44:26 am »

I AM VOTING QVIST! pay attention!

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 20, 2012, 11:45:13 am »

Isn't this precisely the situation I outlined?  If I am town and Yuma is town, it would be pretty easy to have cruised to a victory with a mislynch today (hammer yuma) and a mislynch tomorrow (lynch me for pushing town yuma so hard).  This didn't happen (and I think Yuma being town scum is the cause). 

That was a bad typo..

I may need to take you off my "townie" list.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 20, 2012, 11:47:22 am »

and you are not understanding what I am trying to say.

Let me try again.... scum didn't want to all be on my wagon come after my flip of town and being mislynched.

So instead they expressed town reads on me, and wanted townies to lynch me instead. But now they don't have enough townies to get a lynch on me, but are hesitant to vote for me because that would make that person--not you munch, you have enough town reads now that you are more likely to be the NK then the lynch tomorrow--the lynch tomorrow resulting in a scum lynch tomorrow.

Am I making any sense or are you really not getting what I am trying to say.

everytime I post you dont' understand it? Is it me, or is it you?

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 20, 2012, 11:47:44 am »

That was a bad typo..

I may need to take you off my "townie" list.
Aww, c'mon.  Typos = scumslip now?

I AM VOTING QVIST! pay attention!
You are spending too much time being defensive and less time driving cases.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 20, 2012, 11:48:18 am »

and you are not understanding what I am trying to say.

Let me try again.... scum didn't want to all be on my wagon come after my flip of town and being mislynched.

So instead they expressed town reads on me, and wanted townies to lynch me instead. But now they don't have enough townies to get a lynch on me, but are hesitant to vote for me because that would make that person--not you munch, you have enough town reads now that you are more likely to be the NK then the lynch tomorrow--the lynch tomorrow resulting in a scum lynch tomorrow.

Am I making any sense or are you really not getting what I am trying to say.

everytime I post you dont' understand it? Is it me, or is it you?

My town reads are going to evaporate if you flip town.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 16 queries.