Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 47  All

Author Topic: Mage Knight I (Game over, theorel wins)  (Read 78215 times)

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "The end is near" (Day 3, Turn 2, Jorbles' turn)
« Reply #1025 on: May 07, 2013, 02:07:27 pm »

Oh have you determined what the last tile will be? I'm just seeing if there's anywhere more useful for me to fly to this turn than the green crystal mine.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: May 07, 2013, 02:30:32 pm »

How will it be oriented?

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: May 07, 2013, 02:59:57 pm »

Mountain at the top, unless I'm mistaken.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: May 07, 2013, 04:28:11 pm »

that's not going to do much for Jorbles.. he's free to undo since it's derived info.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: May 07, 2013, 04:28:20 pm »

unless he can fly

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: May 07, 2013, 05:12:57 pm »

I haven't used Flight yet, but I just realized I have Shield Mastery which I forgot about and may help me kill the dragon. Let me redo my math.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: May 07, 2013, 05:22:23 pm »

Okay I'll do this instead. Your turn is saved theorel.

Provoke Dragon.

Use Shield Mastery for Fire Block 2.
Use white mana die to power Call to Arms to call up the Altem Guardians for 8 Block.
Block 6 Ice Attack.
Use a red crystal to power Intimidate for 7 Attack, -2 influence.
Use Universal Power to play Stamina sideway for 4 Attack powered by a blue mana crystal
Play Promise sideways (1 attack) and Determination (2 attack). Totally 14 attack. Killing the Dragon.

Gain +2 Influence, +8 Fame.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: May 07, 2013, 07:38:54 pm »

Re-roll
Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "All 4 Monasteries razed" (Night 2, Turn 6, pops' turn)
« Reply #1034 on: May 07, 2013, 07:43:42 pm »

Game state: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjovnuYeeSkidG9MNFRlQW5VaTRleFQtT3dZV2k4S3c&usp=sharing

Fame: Goldyx: 60 / Norowas: 69 / Tovak: 75 / Arythea: 86
Influence: Goldyx: -1 / Norowas: -1 / Tovak: 3 / Arythea: X

Advanced Actions:
empty
Ice Bolt Gain a blue crystal to your Inventory. /// Ranged Ice Attack 3
Steady Tempo Move 2. At the end of your turn, instead of putting this card in your discard pile, you may place it on the bottom of your deed deck as long as it is not empty. /// Move 4. At the end of your turn, instead of putting this card in your discard pile, you may place it on top of your Deed deck.

Spells:
Whirlwind / Tornado Target enemy does not attack this combat. /// Play this only during combat. Destroy target enemy.
Demolish / Disintegrate Ignore site fortifications this turn. Enemies get Armor -1 (to a minimum of 1) /// Play this only during combat. Destroy target enemy token. Enemies get Armor -1 (to a minimum of 1).
Expose / Mass Expose Target enemy loses all fortifications and resistances this combat. Ranged Attack 2. /// Enemies lose all fortifications this combat, or enemies lose all resistances this combat. Ranged Attack 3.

Units:
empty
empty
empty
Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 (Physical Resistance) / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4
empty
Utem Swordsmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Attack or Block 6. This Unit becomes Wounded.

Monastery Advanced Actions
None

Common Skill Offer:
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a blue mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a red mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Bright Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 3 (during the Day) or Influence 2 (at Night)
Healing Ritual Once a Round, except in combat: Flip this to throw away up to two Wounds from your hand. One of them goes to the hand of the closest hero (if tied, you choose) instead of to the Wound pile.
Night Sharpshooting Once a turn: Ranged attack 1 (durng the Day), or Ranged attack 2 (during the Night)
Cold Swordsmanship Once a turn: Attack 2, or Ice attack 2
Source Freeze Once a Round: Put this skill token in the Source. While it is there other players cannot use their usual one die from the Source. On your next turn, gain one crystal of any basic color represented in the Source to your inventory (do not reroll that die) then take this token back and flip it.
Forward March Once a turn: Get Move 1 for each Ready and Unwounded Unit you control, to maximum of Move 3
Who Needs Magic? Once a turn: One card played sideways gives you +2 instead of +1. If you use no die from the source this turn, it gives +3 instead.
I Feel No Pain Once a turn, except in combat: Discard one wound from hand. If you do, draw a new card.         
Polarization Once a turn: You can use one mana as a mana of the opposite color (red<->blue, white<->green, gold<->black). During the Day, you could use a black mana as any color other than black (not to power the stronger effect of spells). At Night, you could use a gold mana as black to power the stronger effect of a Spell, but not as any other color.
White Crystal Craft Once a round: Flip this to gain a blue crystal to your Inventory and a white mana token
Green Crystal Craft Once a round: Flip this to gain a blue crystal to your Inventory and a green mana token
Day Sharpshooting Once a turn: Ranged Attack 2 (during the Day), or Ranged attack 1 (at Night)
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a white mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.                                       

Mana Source:
Green / Blue / White / White / White / White

Map:

Norowas (theorel):
Level 8 / Armour 4 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 10/8/11 / Tactics: 1: Early Bird
Crystals: Blue, Blue, White, White, Red
Skills: Leaves in the Wind Once a Round: Flip this to gain one green crystal to your Inventory, and one white mana token.
         Leadership Once a turn: When activating a Unit, add +3 to its Block, or +2 to its Attack. or +1 to its Ranged (not Siege) Attack, regardless of its elements.
         Bonds of Loyalty When you gain this Skill, add two Regular Units to the Units offer. Put this Skill in you Unit area as a Command token. It costs 5 less Influence (minimum 0) to recruit a Unit under this Command token. This Unit can be used even when the use of Units would normally not be allowed. You cannot disband this Unit.
         Dark Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 2 (during the Day), or Influence 3 (at Night).
Units (5/4+1): Foresters Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3
                 Red Cape Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3 /// Fire Attack or Fire Block 4
                 Catapults Cost 9 / Level 3 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Keep or City / Siege Attack 3 /// Siege Fire Attack 5 /// Siege Ice Attack 5
                 Bonds of Loyalty: Altem Mages Cost 12 / Level 4 / Armour 5 (Fire and Ice Resistance) / Recruitable in City / Gain 2 mana tokens of any colors /// Cold Fire attack or Cold Fire Block 5. You can pay a blue or red mana to increase this to 7, or pay both to increase this to 9. /// Pay a black mana: Choose one: All attacks you play this combat become Cold Fire Attacks, or all your attacks become Siege Attacks in addition to any elements they have.
                 Fire Mages Cost 9 / Level 3 / Armour 4 (Fire Resistance) / Recruitable in Mage Tower or Monastery / Ranged Fire Attack 3 /// Fire Attack or Fire Block 6 /// Gain a red mana token and a red crystal to your Inventory.

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Level 7 / Armour 4 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 8/6/10 / Tactics: 2: Rethink When you take this Tactic, discard up to 3 cards (including Wounds) from your hand, then draw that many cards. Shuffle your discard pile back into your Deed deck.
Crystals: Blue, Red, Red, White
Skills: Universal Power Once a turn: You may add one mana to a card played sideways. If you do, the card gives +3 instead of +1. If it is an Action or Spell card of the same color as that mana, it gives +4.
         Flight Once a Round: Flip this to move to an adjacent space for free, or to move two spaces for 2 Move points. You must end this move in a safe space. This move does not provoke rampaging enemies.
         Shield Mastery Once a turn: Block 3, or Fire block 2, or Ice block 2                                                      
Units (3/4): Guardian Golems (wounded) Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 (Physical Resistance) / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4
                 Northern Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3 /// Ice Attack or Ice Block 4
                 -> with Banner of Fear Assign this to a unit you control. During the block phase of combat, you may spend this unit to cancel one attack. If you do, fame +1. /// Skip the block and damage assigning phases of this combat.
                 Altem Guardians Cost 11 / Level 4 / Armour 7 / Recruitable in City / Attack 5 /// Block 8. An enemy blocked this way loses Swiftness. /// All units you control gain all resistances this turn.

Arythea (Watno):
Level 9 / Armour 4 / Hand Limit 7 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 24/7/5 / Tactics: 5: Great Start You may immediately draw 2 cards.
Crystals: White, Red
Skills: Power of Pain Once a turn: You can play one Wound sideways, as if it were a non-Wound card. It gives +2 instead of +1. At the end of your turn, put that Wound in your discard pile.
         Burning Power Once a turn: Siege Attack 1, or Fire Siege Attack 1.
         Hot Swordsmanship Once a turn: Attack 2, or Fire Attack 2.
         Invocation Once a turn: Discard a Wound card to gain a red or black mana token, or discard a non-wound card to gain a white or green mana token. You must spend a mana token gained this way immediately, or you cannot use the ability.
Units (1/5): Peasants (wounded) Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Tovak (pops):
Level 8 / Armour 4 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 5/8/9 / Tactics: 6: The Right Moment One time this Day during your turn, you can announce that you will take another turn immediately after this. If you do, flip this card face down.                                 
Crystals: Green, Blue, Red, Red, White
Skills: Double Move Once a turn: Move 2 (during the Day), or Move 1 (during the Night)
         Red Crystal Craft Once a Round: Flip this to gain one blue crystal to your Inventory, and one red mana token.
         I Don't Give a Damn Once a turn: One card played sideways gives you +2 instead of +1. If it's an advanced action, spell or artifact, it gives +3 instead.
         Prayer of Weather Once a Round: Put this Skill token in the center. Until start of your next turn, the Move cost of all terrain is reduced by 2 for you (to a minimum of 1), and is increased by 1 for all other players (to a maximum of 5). Then take this token back and flip it.
Units (4/4): Utem Crossbowmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Attack 2
                 Utem Guardsmen Cost 5 / Level 2 / Armour 5 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack 2 /// Block 4. Any enemy blocked this way loses Swiftness.
                 Amotep Freezers Cost 8 / Level 3 / Armour 6 / Recruitable in Keep or City / Attack or Block 5 /// Target enemy does not attack this combat and it gets Armor -3 (to a minimum of 1).
                 -> with Banner of Protection Assign this to a unit you control. The assigned unit gets armor +1, fire resistance and ice resistance. /// At the end of your turn, you may throw away all wounds you received this turn.
                 Foresters Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitabke in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3
                 -> with Banner of Courage Assign this to a unit you control. Once a round, except during combat, you may flip this card face down to ready this unit. At the beginning of a round, flip it face up again. /// You may play this any time other than combat to ready all units you control.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "The end is near" (Day 3, Turn 2, Watno's turn)
« Reply #1035 on: May 07, 2013, 08:48:38 pm »

Altem Guardians should still be in the offer I didn't have the extra black mana to allow me to keep them.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: May 07, 2013, 10:23:41 pm »

Okay I'll do this instead. Your turn is saved theorel.

yay...I liked my turn. :)

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: May 08, 2013, 10:30:10 am »

Enter dungeon.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: May 08, 2013, 10:40:41 am »

Werewolf / 7 Attack with Swiftness   / 5 Armour / 5 Fame

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: May 08, 2013, 10:47:26 am »

Take 2 wounds
Play Wound and use skills to kill.
Play Regeneration empowered by green source mana to throw away 2 wounds.
Play Mana Storm for blue crystal.
Reroll blue and green dice
Rolled 2d6 : 6, 4, total 10

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "All 4 Monasteries razed" (Night 2, Turn 6, pops' turn)
« Reply #1040 on: May 08, 2013, 11:00:02 am »

Game state: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjovnuYeeSkidG9MNFRlQW5VaTRleFQtT3dZV2k4S3c&usp=sharing

Fame: Goldyx: 60 / Norowas: 69 / Tovak: 75 / Arythea: 91
Influence: Goldyx: -1 / Norowas: -1 / Tovak: 3 / Arythea: X

Advanced Actions:
empty
Ice Bolt Gain a blue crystal to your Inventory. /// Ranged Ice Attack 3
Steady Tempo Move 2. At the end of your turn, instead of putting this card in your discard pile, you may place it on the bottom of your deed deck as long as it is not empty. /// Move 4. At the end of your turn, instead of putting this card in your discard pile, you may place it on top of your Deed deck.

Spells:
Whirlwind / Tornado Target enemy does not attack this combat. /// Play this only during combat. Destroy target enemy.
Demolish / Disintegrate Ignore site fortifications this turn. Enemies get Armor -1 (to a minimum of 1) /// Play this only during combat. Destroy target enemy token. Enemies get Armor -1 (to a minimum of 1).
Expose / Mass Expose Target enemy loses all fortifications and resistances this combat. Ranged Attack 2. /// Enemies lose all fortifications this combat, or enemies lose all resistances this combat. Ranged Attack 3.

Units:
empty
empty
empty
Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 (Physical Resistance) / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4
empty
Utem Swordsmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Attack or Block 6. This Unit becomes Wounded.

Monastery Advanced Actions
None

Common Skill Offer:
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a blue mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a red mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Bright Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 3 (during the Day) or Influence 2 (at Night)
Healing Ritual Once a Round, except in combat: Flip this to throw away up to two Wounds from your hand. One of them goes to the hand of the closest hero (if tied, you choose) instead of to the Wound pile.
Night Sharpshooting Once a turn: Ranged attack 1 (durng the Day), or Ranged attack 2 (during the Night)
Cold Swordsmanship Once a turn: Attack 2, or Ice attack 2
Source Freeze Once a Round: Put this skill token in the Source. While it is there other players cannot use their usual one die from the Source. On your next turn, gain one crystal of any basic color represented in the Source to your inventory (do not reroll that die) then take this token back and flip it.
Forward March Once a turn: Get Move 1 for each Ready and Unwounded Unit you control, to maximum of Move 3
Who Needs Magic? Once a turn: One card played sideways gives you +2 instead of +1. If you use no die from the source this turn, it gives +3 instead.
I Feel No Pain Once a turn, except in combat: Discard one wound from hand. If you do, draw a new card.         
Polarization Once a turn: You can use one mana as a mana of the opposite color (red<->blue, white<->green, gold<->black). During the Day, you could use a black mana as any color other than black (not to power the stronger effect of spells). At Night, you could use a gold mana as black to power the stronger effect of a Spell, but not as any other color.
White Crystal Craft Once a round: Flip this to gain a blue crystal to your Inventory and a white mana token
Green Crystal Craft Once a round: Flip this to gain a blue crystal to your Inventory and a green mana token
Day Sharpshooting Once a turn: Ranged Attack 2 (during the Day), or Ranged attack 1 (at Night)
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a white mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.                                       

Mana Source:
Green / Black / White / White / White / White

Map:

Norowas (theorel):
Level 8 / Armour 4 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 10/8/11 / Tactics: 1: Early Bird
Crystals: Blue, Blue, White, White, Red
Skills: Leaves in the Wind Once a Round: Flip this to gain one green crystal to your Inventory, and one white mana token.
         Leadership Once a turn: When activating a Unit, add +3 to its Block, or +2 to its Attack. or +1 to its Ranged (not Siege) Attack, regardless of its elements.
         Bonds of Loyalty When you gain this Skill, add two Regular Units to the Units offer. Put this Skill in you Unit area as a Command token. It costs 5 less Influence (minimum 0) to recruit a Unit under this Command token. This Unit can be used even when the use of Units would normally not be allowed. You cannot disband this Unit.
         Dark Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 2 (during the Day), or Influence 3 (at Night).
Units (5/4+1): Foresters Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3
                 Red Cape Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3 /// Fire Attack or Fire Block 4
                 Catapults Cost 9 / Level 3 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Keep or City / Siege Attack 3 /// Siege Fire Attack 5 /// Siege Ice Attack 5
                 Bonds of Loyalty: Altem Mages Cost 12 / Level 4 / Armour 5 (Fire and Ice Resistance) / Recruitable in City / Gain 2 mana tokens of any colors /// Cold Fire attack or Cold Fire Block 5. You can pay a blue or red mana to increase this to 7, or pay both to increase this to 9. /// Pay a black mana: Choose one: All attacks you play this combat become Cold Fire Attacks, or all your attacks become Siege Attacks in addition to any elements they have.
                 Fire Mages Cost 9 / Level 3 / Armour 4 (Fire Resistance) / Recruitable in Mage Tower or Monastery / Ranged Fire Attack 3 /// Fire Attack or Fire Block 6 /// Gain a red mana token and a red crystal to your Inventory.

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Level 7 / Armour 4 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 8/6/10 / Tactics: 2: Rethink When you take this Tactic, discard up to 3 cards (including Wounds) from your hand, then draw that many cards. Shuffle your discard pile back into your Deed deck.
Crystals: Blue, Red, Red, White
Skills: Universal Power Once a turn: You may add one mana to a card played sideways. If you do, the card gives +3 instead of +1. If it is an Action or Spell card of the same color as that mana, it gives +4.
         Flight Once a Round: Flip this to move to an adjacent space for free, or to move two spaces for 2 Move points. You must end this move in a safe space. This move does not provoke rampaging enemies.
         Shield Mastery Once a turn: Block 3, or Fire block 2, or Ice block 2                                                      
Units (3/4): Guardian Golems (wounded) Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 (Physical Resistance) / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4
                 Northern Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3 /// Ice Attack or Ice Block 4
                 -> with Banner of Fear Assign this to a unit you control. During the block phase of combat, you may spend this unit to cancel one attack. If you do, fame +1. /// Skip the block and damage assigning phases of this combat.
                 Altem Guardians Cost 11 / Level 4 / Armour 7 / Recruitable in City / Attack 5 /// Block 8. An enemy blocked this way loses Swiftness. /// All units you control gain all resistances this turn.

Arythea (Watno):
Level 9 / Armour 4 / Hand Limit 7 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 20/7/9 / Tactics: 5: Great Start You may immediately draw 2 cards.
Crystals: White, Red, Blue
Skills: Power of Pain Once a turn: You can play one Wound sideways, as if it were a non-Wound card. It gives +2 instead of +1. At the end of your turn, put that Wound in your discard pile.
         Burning Power Once a turn: Siege Attack 1, or Fire Siege Attack 1.
         Hot Swordsmanship Once a turn: Attack 2, or Fire Attack 2.
         Invocation Once a turn: Discard a Wound card to gain a red or black mana token, or discard a non-wound card to gain a white or green mana token. You must spend a mana token gained this way immediately, or you cannot use the ability.
Units (1/5): Peasants (wounded) Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Tovak (pops):
Level 8 / Armour 4 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 5/8/9 / Tactics: 6: The Right Moment One time this Day during your turn, you can announce that you will take another turn immediately after this. If you do, flip this card face down.                                 
Crystals: Green, Blue, Red, Red, White
Skills: Double Move Once a turn: Move 2 (during the Day), or Move 1 (during the Night)
         Red Crystal Craft Once a Round: Flip this to gain one blue crystal to your Inventory, and one red mana token.
         I Don't Give a Damn Once a turn: One card played sideways gives you +2 instead of +1. If it's an advanced action, spell or artifact, it gives +3 instead.
         Prayer of Weather Once a Round: Put this Skill token in the center. Until start of your next turn, the Move cost of all terrain is reduced by 2 for you (to a minimum of 1), and is increased by 1 for all other players (to a maximum of 5). Then take this token back and flip it.
Units (4/4): Utem Crossbowmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Attack 2
                 Utem Guardsmen Cost 5 / Level 2 / Armour 5 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack 2 /// Block 4. Any enemy blocked this way loses Swiftness.
                 Amotep Freezers Cost 8 / Level 3 / Armour 6 / Recruitable in Keep or City / Attack or Block 5 /// Target enemy does not attack this combat and it gets Armor -3 (to a minimum of 1).
                 -> with Banner of Protection Assign this to a unit you control. The assigned unit gets armor +1, fire resistance and ice resistance. /// At the end of your turn, you may throw away all wounds you received this turn.
                 Foresters Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitabke in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3
                 -> with Banner of Courage Assign this to a unit you control. Once a round, except during combat, you may flip this card face down to ready this unit. At the beginning of a round, flip it face up again. /// You may play this any time other than combat to ready all units you control.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "The end is near" (Day 3, Turn 2, pops' turn)
« Reply #1041 on: May 08, 2013, 06:01:32 pm »

Big turn here.
Use Double Move for 2 Move points.
Put Prayer of Weather in play.
Flip Foresters for 2 Move Points.
Use Emerald Ring and use the green mana token for March for 4 Move points.
Use 2 move points to cross the Wasteland to the southeast.  Use 0 move points to move to the forest next to the unexplored tile.  Use 2 move points to explore the unexplored tile.  Use 0 movepoints to cross the hill and then 2 move points to enter the dragon lair and explore.

I fight a dragon if it's a.....
Swamp Dragon:
Block it with Utem Guardsmen, it loses Swiftness. Finish the block with a sideways Heroic Tale.  Attack it with the Amotep Freezers.  Don't Give a Damn a Maximal effect sideways and play a Training sideways to get up to 9 damage and kill it.   Use Swift bolt to gain a crystal.  Keep the remaining two cards in my hand and end my turn.
Fire Dragon:
Use a blue Crystal to freeze the dragon with the Freezers.  Use Utem Guardsmen for Attack 2.  Use white source mana for Attack 4 from Swift Bolt.  Don't give a damn about Heroic Tale for Attack 3.  Play Training sideways for Attack 1.  That's Attack 8, killing it. Keep the other two cards in my hand. 
Ice Dragon: There have already been two Ice Dragons so that should not be a possibility.
High Dragon: Ditto

End My turn

A mana die will have to be rolled if I had to use white source mana for Swift Bolt.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 12:10:18 am by popsofctown »

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: May 08, 2013, 09:50:20 pm »

There have already been 2 high dragons also.  What spell are you taking?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 09:53:48 pm by theorel »

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: May 08, 2013, 09:57:51 pm »

Also, do you have Stamina?  Cause March is Green so it can't gain an Ice Bolt from Training, since Training requires the gained card to be the same color.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 09:58:59 pm by theorel »

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: May 08, 2013, 10:13:23 pm »

Also, I'm sad that pops totally destroyed anything I could do on my turn by playing prayer of weather.  My shuffle luck this day has been awful.  (got all my move when I didn't want it, and now I have all my useful cards, but no move perfectly to coincide with everything being harder to move through)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: May 09, 2013, 12:02:55 am »

No, I don't have a Stamina, nor any blue card.  I'll have to revise my turn.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: May 09, 2013, 12:11:14 am »

I think I get to draw two artifacts and use that information to decide what spell and artifact to take.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: May 09, 2013, 06:47:36 am »

I think I get to draw two artifacts and use that information to decide what spell and artifact to take.  Correct me if I'm wrong.
That's correct.  I just wondered if you already knew, since it would help me re-plan my turn.  But, on reflection I need to know the new spell anyways before I can make any decisions.

Realistically, I'm just hoping you can't take the Fire Dragon without ice bolt...and decide to do something else.
EDIT: oh, you already did kill it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 09:44:17 am by theorel »

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: May 09, 2013, 09:44:55 am »

@QVist: could you PM me the new spell that shows up?

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: May 09, 2013, 10:26:08 am »

Just wait. What do you mean with Dragon Lair? Do you mean the Tomb on the newly revealed tile?
Then, I have to warn you that your proposed moves aren't valid as you can't use units in the tomb...
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 20 queries.