Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 47  All

Author Topic: Mage Knight I (Game over, theorel wins)  (Read 78244 times)

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile

Game state: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjovnuYeeSkidG9MNFRlQW5VaTRleFQtT3dZV2k4S3c&usp=sharing

Fame: Goldyx: 45 / Norowas: 59 / Tovak: 67 / Arythea: 66
Influence: Goldyx: 0 / Norowas: -2 / Tovak: 5 / Arythea: X

Advanced Actions:
Ice Bolt Gain a blue crystal to your Inventory. /// Ranged Ice Attack 3
Steady Tempo Move 2. At the end of your turn, instead of putting this card in your discard pile, you may place it on the bottom of your deed deck as long as it is not empty. /// Move 4. At the end of your turn, instead of putting this card in your discard pile, you may place it on top of your Deed deck.
empty

Spells:
Expose / Mass Expose Target enemy loses all fortifications and resistances this combat. Ranged Attack 2. /// Enemies lose all fortifications this combat, or enemies lose all resistances this combat. Ranged Attack 3.
Call to Arms / Call to Glory You may use an ability of one Unit in the Units offer this turn, as if it were one of your recruits. You cannot assign damage to this Unit. ///Recruit any one Unit from the Units offer for free. (If you are at your Command limit, you must disband one of your Units first.)
Mana Meltdown / Mana Radiance Each other player must randomly choose a crystal in their Inventory to be lost. You may gain one crystal lost this way to your Inventory. Any player that had no crystal in their Inventory when you played this, takes a Wound instead. /// When you play this, choose a basic mana color. Each player, including you, takes a Wound for each crystal of that color they own. Gain two crystal of the chosen color to your Inventory.

Units:
Fire Golems Cost 8 / Level 3 / Armour 4 (Physical and Fire Resistance) / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Fire Attack 4
Peasants Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Village / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2
empty
Utem Guardsmen Cost 5 / Level 2 / Armour 5 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack 2 /// Block 4. Any enemy blocked this way loses Swiftness.
empty
Utem Swordsmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Attack or Block 6. This Unit becomes Wounded.

Temporary Bonus Units from Bonds of Loyalty   
empty
Savage Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3 /// Siege Attack 4

Monastery Advanced Actions                                                            
Song of Wind Move 2. The Move cost of plains, deserts and wastelands is reduced by 1, to a minimum of 0 this turn. /// Move 2. The Move cost of plains, deserts and wastelands is reduced by 2, to a minimum of 0. You may pay a blue mana to be able to travel through lakes for Move cost 0 this turn.

Common Skill Offer:
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a blue mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a red mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Bright Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 3 (during the Day) or Influence 2 (at Night)
Healing Ritual Once a Round, except in combat: Flip this to throw away up to two Wounds from your hand. One of them goes to the hand of the closest hero (if tied, you choose) instead of to the Wound pile.
Dark Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 2 (during the Day), or Influence 3 (at Night).
Night Sharpshooting Once a turn: Ranged attack 1 (durng the Day), or Ranged attack 2 (during the Night)
Cold Swordsmanship Once a turn: Attack 2, or Ice attack 2
Source Freeze Once a Round: Put this skill token in the Source. While it is there other players cannot use their usual one die from the Source. On your next turn, gain one crystal of any basic color represented in the Source to your inventory (do not reroll that die) then take this token back and flip it.
Forward March Once a turn: Get Move 1 for each Ready and Unwounded Unit you control, to maximum of Move 3
Who Needs Magic? Once a turn: One card played sideways gives you +2 instead of +1. If you use no die from the source this turn, it gives +3 instead.
I Feel No Pain Once a turn, except in combat: Discard one wound from hand. If you do, draw a new card.         
Polarization Once a turn: You can use one mana as a mana of the opposite color (red<->blue, white<->green, gold<->black). During the Day, you could use a black mana as any color other than black (not to power the stronger effect of spells). At Night, you could use a gold mana as black to power the stronger effect of a Spell, but not as any other color.
White Crystal Craft Once a round: Flip this to gain a blue crystal to your Inventory and a white mana token
Green Crystal Craft Once a round: Flip this to gain a blue crystal to your Inventory and a green mana token                                          

Mana Source:
Black / Green / Gold / Gold / Gold / Black

Map:

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Level 6 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/6/18 / Tactics: 2: Long Night One time this Night, if your Deed deck is empty, you may shuffle your discard pile and put 3 cards at random back into your Deed deck. Then flip this card face down.      
Crystals: Blue, Red, Red, White
Skills: Universal Power Once a turn: You may add one mana to a card played sideways. If you do, the card gives +3 instead of +1. If it is an Action or Spell card of the same color as that mana, it gives +4.
         Flight Once a Round: Flip this to move to an adjacent space for free, or to move two spaces for 2 Move points. You must end this move in a safe space. This move does not provoke rampaging enemies.   
         Shield Mastery Once a turn: Block 3, or Fire block 2, or Ice block 2                                                      
Units (2/3): Guardian Golems (wounded) Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 (Physical Resistance) / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4
                 Northern Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3 /// Ice Attack or Ice Block 4

Tovak (pops):
Level 8 / Armour 4 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/0/22 / Tactics: 3: Mana Search Once per turn, before you use mana from the Source, you may reroll up to two mana dice in the Source. When choosing dice to reroll, you must pick gold (depleted) dice first, if there are any.                                       
Crystals: Green, Blue, Red, Red, White
Skills: Double Move Once a turn: Move 2 (during the Day), or Move 1 (during the Night)
         Red Crystal Craft Once a Round: Flip this to gain one blue crystal to your Inventory, and one red mana token.
         I Don't Give a Damn Once a turn: One card played sideways gives you +2 instead of +1. If it's an advanced action, spell or artifact, it gives +3 instead.
         Prayer of Weather Once a Round: Put this Skill token in the center. Until start of your next turn, the Move cost of all terrain is reduced by 2 for you (to a minimum of 1), and is increased by 1 for all other players (to a maximum of 5). Then take this token back and flip it.
Units (3/4): Utem Crossbowmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Attack 2
                 Utem Guardsmen Cost 5 / Level 2 / Armour 5 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack 2 /// Block 4. Any enemy blocked this way loses Swiftness.
                 Amotep Freezers Cost 8 / Level 3 / Armour 6 / Recruitable in Keep or City / Attack or Block 5 /// Target enemy does not attack this combat and it gets Armor -3 (to a minimum of 1).
                 -> with Banner of Protection Assign this to a unit you control. The assigned unit gets armor +1, fire resistance and ice resistance. /// At the end of your turn, you may throw away all wounds you received this turn.

Norowas (theorel):
Level 7 / Armour 4 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/2/26 / Tactics: 5: Preparation When you take this Tactic, search your deck for any one card and put it into your hand, then shuffle your deck.
Crystals: Blue, White
Skills: Leaves in the Wind Once a Round: Flip this to gain one green crystal to your Inventory, and one white mana token.
         Leadership Once a turn: When activating a Unit, add +3 to its Block, or +2 to its Attack. or +1 to its Ranged (not Siege) Attack, regardless of its elements.
         Bonds of Loyalty When you gain this Skill, add two Regular Units to the Units offer. Put this Skill in you Unit area as a Command token. It costs 5 less Influence (minimum 0) to recruit a Unit under this Command token. This Unit can be used even when the use of Units would normally not be allowed. You cannot disband this Unit.
Units (3/4+1): Foresters Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3
                 Red Cape Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3 /// Fire Attack or Fire Block 4
                 Catapults Cost 9 / Level 3 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Keep or City / Siege Attack 3 /// Siege Fire Attack 5 /// Siege Ice Attack 5
                 Bonds of Loyalty: empty

Arythea (Watno):
Level 8 / Armour 4 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0 (5)/6/25 / Tactics: 6: Sparing Power Once before the start of each of your turns, choose one: Put the top card of your Deed deck face down under this card, or flip this card face down and put all Deed cards under it into your hand.
Crystals: White, White
Skills: Power of Pain Once a turn: You can play one Wound sideways, as if it were a non-Wound card. It gives +2 instead of +1. At the end of your turn, put that Wound in your discard pile.
         Burning Power Once a turn: Siege Attack 1, or Fire Siege Attack 1.
         Hot Swordsmanship Once a turn: Attack 2, or Fire Attack 2.
         Invocation Once a turn: Discard a Wound card to gain a red or black mana token, or discard a non-wound card to gain a white or green mana token. You must spend a mana token gained this way immediately, or you cannot use the ability.
Units (1/4): Peasants (double wounded) Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "All 4 Monasteries razed" (Night 2, Turn 5, Watno's turn)
« Reply #926 on: April 24, 2013, 10:26:43 pm »

Yes, you ended your turn, but now you're going to have like an 11-card final turn for the night...I'm asking if you're going to use those 11 cards to take the city.  You presumably know what they all are, and thus know if you can do it.  (Note: I'm asking facetiously, I don't actually expect you to answer...I just expect you to do it :P)
Assuming you do, I'll just blame pops for taking a white crystal rather than ending the round...
If I called end of round, he would have just popped it immediately and taken the city, just with more wounds than he would have otherwise taken.
And I need a white crystal, I don't have any, and I have lots of white effects in my deck.

But when he takes the city it's game over.  Taking lots of wounds might have meant not winning at that point...so he might have held off.  Of course the bonus fame from the extra city might just offset that.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "All 4 Monasteries razed" (Night 2, Turn 5, Watno's turn)
« Reply #927 on: April 24, 2013, 11:54:18 pm »

Yes, you ended your turn, but now you're going to have like an 11-card final turn for the night...I'm asking if you're going to use those 11 cards to take the city.  You presumably know what they all are, and thus know if you can do it.  (Note: I'm asking facetiously, I don't actually expect you to answer...I just expect you to do it :P)
Assuming you do, I'll just blame pops for taking a white crystal rather than ending the round...
If I called end of round, he would have just popped it immediately and taken the city, just with more wounds than he would have otherwise taken.
And I need a white crystal, I don't have any, and I have lots of white effects in my deck.

But when he takes the city it's game over.  Taking lots of wounds might have meant not winning at that point...so he might have held off.  Of course the bonus fame from the extra city might just offset that.
Wait, what?
I thought we play 6 rounds?

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "All 4 Monasteries razed" (Night 2, Turn 6, Jorbles' turn)
« Reply #928 on: April 25, 2013, 03:40:42 am »

Oh no. I probably should have made that more clear.

Quote from: Rulebook
Your task is to find and conquer all cities in three days and three
nights. Each of you will be on your own, and as usual, you want to
get as much Fame, knowledge and loot as possible. Luckily for you,
conquering cities is a great way to get Fame.

Scenario End
When all cities are conquered, all players (including the one who
conquered the last city) have one last turn. If the Round ends
during this, the game ends immediately.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile

Does that mean there is a zero chance that the next exploration finds a city?
(now that I've gotten an answer it's easier to find the rules)
Yes, we need to explore 4 more "countryside" tiles before we can get a chance of a city.
After that each exploration will be a core tile. There are 7 "Core" tiles, 4 with cities 3 without.

After that, I think we can't explore any more.

Also, in case anyone didn't notice: the game goes 3 days and 3 nights (or until all cities have been conquered).  So we are almost 1/3 of the way through the game time (of course, each round is longer than the previous as we get more cards, so we're really less than 1/3 of the way through)

All good stuff to know.

Just to note, I did mention it a while ago...since I thought it might be an important thing that people wouldn't have noticed.  Back when we were talking about the chances of finding a city.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: April 25, 2013, 10:07:34 am »

At the time, I didn't think we'd be conquering cities this quickly.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: April 25, 2013, 10:16:39 am »

I thought we were at 2 going on three conquered cities.  Guess I wasn't paying enough attention to other's turns..

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: April 25, 2013, 10:57:08 am »

Play Sapphire Ring for +1 fame, +1 mana token, +1 blue crystal.
Use blue mana token to power Intimidate (sideways via Universal Power for 3 Move).
Use green mana die to power Will Focus. Use Will Focus to power Stamina for 7 Move.

Move to the spot in the desert two SE of my current position. Explore a new tile.

I have 2 move left over, which I may or may not use to move into the new tile. (I don't know if you need to process anything but the +1 fame and the crystal, I don't think anything else will affect final game scoring.)

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 25, 2013, 11:06:47 am »

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 25, 2013, 11:07:54 am »

Also, Watno hasn't conquered the city yet, Jorbles.  :P

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: April 25, 2013, 11:18:10 am »

I'll move south to the razed monastery.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: April 25, 2013, 11:18:43 am »

You had 10 move right?  So you have 4 move now... (deserts only cost 3 at night)

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: April 25, 2013, 11:20:17 am »

No I used 8 to move and 2 to explore. Desert, desert, explore, grassland.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: April 25, 2013, 11:20:42 am »

oh right, forgot the exploring part...

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

I assume end of turn then. Re-roll:
Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "All 4 Monasteries razed" (Night 2, Turn 6, pops' turn)
« Reply #940 on: April 25, 2013, 12:26:06 pm »

Game state: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjovnuYeeSkidG9MNFRlQW5VaTRleFQtT3dZV2k4S3c&usp=sharing

Fame: Goldyx: 46 / Norowas: 59 / Tovak: 67 / Arythea: 66
Influence: Goldyx: 0 / Norowas: -2 / Tovak: 5 / Arythea: X

Advanced Actions:
Ice Bolt Gain a blue crystal to your Inventory. /// Ranged Ice Attack 3
Steady Tempo Move 2. At the end of your turn, instead of putting this card in your discard pile, you may place it on the bottom of your deed deck as long as it is not empty. /// Move 4. At the end of your turn, instead of putting this card in your discard pile, you may place it on top of your Deed deck.
empty

Spells:
Expose / Mass Expose Target enemy loses all fortifications and resistances this combat. Ranged Attack 2. /// Enemies lose all fortifications this combat, or enemies lose all resistances this combat. Ranged Attack 3.
Call to Arms / Call to Glory You may use an ability of one Unit in the Units offer this turn, as if it were one of your recruits. You cannot assign damage to this Unit. ///Recruit any one Unit from the Units offer for free. (If you are at your Command limit, you must disband one of your Units first.)
Mana Meltdown / Mana Radiance Each other player must randomly choose a crystal in their Inventory to be lost. You may gain one crystal lost this way to your Inventory. Any player that had no crystal in their Inventory when you played this, takes a Wound instead. /// When you play this, choose a basic mana color. Each player, including you, takes a Wound for each crystal of that color they own. Gain two crystal of the chosen color to your Inventory.

Units:
Fire Golems Cost 8 / Level 3 / Armour 4 (Physical and Fire Resistance) / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Fire Attack 4
Peasants Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Village / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2
empty
empty
Utem Swordsmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Attack or Block 6. This Unit becomes Wounded.

Temporary Bonus Units from Bonds of Loyalty   
empty
Savage Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3 /// Siege Attack 4

Monastery Advanced Actions                                                            
Song of Wind Move 2. The Move cost of plains, deserts and wastelands is reduced by 1, to a minimum of 0 this turn. /// Move 2. The Move cost of plains, deserts and wastelands is reduced by 2, to a minimum of 0. You may pay a blue mana to be able to travel through lakes for Move cost 0 this turn.

Common Skill Offer:
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a blue mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a red mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Bright Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 3 (during the Day) or Influence 2 (at Night)
Healing Ritual Once a Round, except in combat: Flip this to throw away up to two Wounds from your hand. One of them goes to the hand of the closest hero (if tied, you choose) instead of to the Wound pile.
Dark Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 2 (during the Day), or Influence 3 (at Night).
Night Sharpshooting Once a turn: Ranged attack 1 (durng the Day), or Ranged attack 2 (during the Night)
Cold Swordsmanship Once a turn: Attack 2, or Ice attack 2
Source Freeze Once a Round: Put this skill token in the Source. While it is there other players cannot use their usual one die from the Source. On your next turn, gain one crystal of any basic color represented in the Source to your inventory (do not reroll that die) then take this token back and flip it.
Forward March Once a turn: Get Move 1 for each Ready and Unwounded Unit you control, to maximum of Move 3
Who Needs Magic? Once a turn: One card played sideways gives you +2 instead of +1. If you use no die from the source this turn, it gives +3 instead.
I Feel No Pain Once a turn, except in combat: Discard one wound from hand. If you do, draw a new card.         
Polarization Once a turn: You can use one mana as a mana of the opposite color (red<->blue, white<->green, gold<->black). During the Day, you could use a black mana as any color other than black (not to power the stronger effect of spells). At Night, you could use a gold mana as black to power the stronger effect of a Spell, but not as any other color.
White Crystal Craft Once a round: Flip this to gain a blue crystal to your Inventory and a white mana token
Green Crystal Craft Once a round: Flip this to gain a blue crystal to your Inventory and a green mana token                                          

Mana Source:
Black / Red / Gold / Gold / Gold / Black

Map:

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Level 6 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/2/22 / Tactics: 2: Long Night One time this Night, if your Deed deck is empty, you may shuffle your discard pile and put 3 cards at random back into your Deed deck. Then flip this card face down.      
Crystals: Blue, Red, Red, White, Blue
Skills: Universal Power Once a turn: You may add one mana to a card played sideways. If you do, the card gives +3 instead of +1. If it is an Action or Spell card of the same color as that mana, it gives +4.
         Flight Once a Round: Flip this to move to an adjacent space for free, or to move two spaces for 2 Move points. You must end this move in a safe space. This move does not provoke rampaging enemies.   
         Shield Mastery Once a turn: Block 3, or Fire block 2, or Ice block 2                                                      
Units (2/3): Guardian Golems (wounded) Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 (Physical Resistance) / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4
                 Northern Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3 /// Ice Attack or Ice Block 4

Tovak (pops):
Level 8 / Armour 4 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/0/22 / Tactics: 3: Mana Search Once per turn, before you use mana from the Source, you may reroll up to two mana dice in the Source. When choosing dice to reroll, you must pick gold (depleted) dice first, if there are any.                                       
Crystals: Green, Blue, Red, Red, White
Skills: Double Move Once a turn: Move 2 (during the Day), or Move 1 (during the Night)
         Red Crystal Craft Once a Round: Flip this to gain one blue crystal to your Inventory, and one red mana token.
         I Don't Give a Damn Once a turn: One card played sideways gives you +2 instead of +1. If it's an advanced action, spell or artifact, it gives +3 instead.
         Prayer of Weather Once a Round: Put this Skill token in the center. Until start of your next turn, the Move cost of all terrain is reduced by 2 for you (to a minimum of 1), and is increased by 1 for all other players (to a maximum of 5). Then take this token back and flip it.
Units (3/4): Utem Crossbowmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Attack 2
                 Amotep Freezers Cost 8 / Level 3 / Armour 6 / Recruitable in Keep or City / Attack or Block 5 /// Target enemy does not attack this combat and it gets Armor -3 (to a minimum of 1).
                 -> with Banner of Protection Assign this to a unit you control. The assigned unit gets armor +1, fire resistance and ice resistance. /// At the end of your turn, you may throw away all wounds you received this turn.

Norowas (theorel):
Level 7 / Armour 4 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/2/26 / Tactics: 5: Preparation When you take this Tactic, search your deck for any one card and put it into your hand, then shuffle your deck.
Crystals: Blue, White
Skills: Leaves in the Wind Once a Round: Flip this to gain one green crystal to your Inventory, and one white mana token.
         Leadership Once a turn: When activating a Unit, add +3 to its Block, or +2 to its Attack. or +1 to its Ranged (not Siege) Attack, regardless of its elements.
         Bonds of Loyalty When you gain this Skill, add two Regular Units to the Units offer. Put this Skill in you Unit area as a Command token. It costs 5 less Influence (minimum 0) to recruit a Unit under this Command token. This Unit can be used even when the use of Units would normally not be allowed. You cannot disband this Unit.
Units (3/4+1): Foresters Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3
                 Red Cape Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3 /// Fire Attack or Fire Block 4
                 Catapults Cost 9 / Level 3 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Keep or City / Siege Attack 3 /// Siege Fire Attack 5 /// Siege Ice Attack 5
                 Bonds of Loyalty: empty

Arythea (Watno):
Level 8 / Armour 4 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0 (5)/6/25 / Tactics: 6: Sparing Power Once before the start of each of your turns, choose one: Put the top card of your Deed deck face down under this card, or flip this card face down and put all Deed cards under it into your hand.
Crystals: White, White
Skills: Power of Pain Once a turn: You can play one Wound sideways, as if it were a non-Wound card. It gives +2 instead of +1. At the end of your turn, put that Wound in your discard pile.
         Burning Power Once a turn: Siege Attack 1, or Fire Siege Attack 1.
         Hot Swordsmanship Once a turn: Attack 2, or Fire Attack 2.
         Invocation Once a turn: Discard a Wound card to gain a red or black mana token, or discard a non-wound card to gain a white or green mana token. You must spend a mana token gained this way immediately, or you cannot use the ability.
Units (1/4): Peasants (double wounded) Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: April 25, 2013, 12:44:03 pm »

pops has to pass because he has no cards in hand, right?

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: April 25, 2013, 12:44:59 pm »

pops has to pass because he has no cards in hand, right?

Ah right, forgot about that.

pops declares End of Round.
theorel's turn.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile

Well, since Jorbles stole my exploration...I'll just stay put and hope that Watno doesn't end the game.
Discard March.  End Turn.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "All 4 Monasteries razed" (Night 2, Turn 6, Watno's turn)
« Reply #944 on: April 26, 2013, 07:27:06 am »

Pick up NV mat (Qvist already sent me the contents)
Play March to assault City
Play Ruby Ring for red crystal, red token, fame +1
Play Flame Wave empowered by red token and black die from source for Fire Block 7+6, blocking the white and the brown monster.
Take a wound from the grey monster, and an extra on to discard pile because of poison
Play Swiftness empowered by white crystal (3), Wound (2),  use skills (3), play Mana Draw, Blood Ritual, Mana Storm, Promise and Crystallize sideways (5) for a total of Attack 13, killing the brown and the white monster
Retreat, taking 1 wound
Play Golden Grail for Heal 2, healing 2 wounds, +2 Fame
End turn
Reroll black die
Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: April 26, 2013, 07:35:33 am »

So, we have at least one more turn :)

Note for anyone who didn't notice.  When the last city is conquered everyone gets 1 more turn...including the person that conquered the city.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 26, 2013, 08:41:23 am »

Retreat, taking 1 wound

Sorry if I'm blind, but why do you take a Wound by the forced withdrawal?

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: April 26, 2013, 08:46:00 am »

I thought you take a wound for each space you have to withdraw? If I don't get that wound, i'll heal one from my unit instead.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: April 26, 2013, 08:47:42 am »

I think that only applies to PvP combat.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: April 26, 2013, 08:52:52 am »

I updated the spreadsheet. I can't update the map currently, but it's only Jorbles who has to take a turn now and he has only 2 cards so I guess that's not that significant.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 17 queries.