Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 47  All

Author Topic: Mage Knight I (Game over, theorel wins)  (Read 78223 times)

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "One city is conquered" (Day 2, Turn 5, theorel's turn)
« Reply #725 on: April 10, 2013, 10:16:53 am »

Re-roll
Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "One city is conquered" (Day 2, Turn 5, Jorbles' turn)
« Reply #726 on: April 10, 2013, 10:21:19 am »

Game state: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjovnuYeeSkidG9MNFRlQW5VaTRleFQtT3dZV2k4S3c&usp=sharing

Fame: Goldyx: 23 / Norowas: 30 / Tovak: 40 / Arythea: 45
Influence: Goldyx: 0 / Norowas: -1 / Tovak: 5 / Arythea: -2

Advanced Actions:
Magic Talent Discard a card from your hand. You may play one Spell card in the Spells offer this turn as if it were in your hand. That card remains in the Spells offer. /// When you play this, pay a mana of any color. Gain a Spell card of that color from the Spells offer and put it in your discard pile.
Swift Bolt Gain a white crystal to you Inventory. /// Ranged Attack 4
Steady Tempo Move 2. At the end of your turn, instead of putting this card in your discard pile, you may place it on the bottom of your deed deck as long as it is not empty. /// Move 4. At the end of your turn, instead of putting this card in your discard pile, you may place it on top of your Deed deck.

Spells:
Mana Meltdown / Mana Radiance Each other player must randomly choose a crystal in their Inventory to be lost. You may gain one crystal lost this way to your Inventory. Any player that had no crystal in their Inventory when you played this, takes a Wound instead. /// When you play this, choose a basic mana color. Each player, including you, takes a Wound for each crystal of that color they own. Gain two crystal of the chosen color to your Inventory.
Wings of Wind / Wings of Night When you play this, spend 1-5 Move points and move one revealed space on the map for each. You must end your move in a safe space. Moving this way does not provoke rampaging enemies. /// Play this during combat. If you entered combat with at least as many unspent Move points as the number of enemies you are facing, skip the Block and Assign Damage phases of this combat.
Restoration / Rebirth Heal 3. If you are in a forest, Heal 5 instead. /// Heal 3. If you are in a forest, Heal 5 instead. Ready up to 3 levels worth of Units. If you are in a forest, Ready up to 5 levels of Units instead.

Units:
empty
empty
empty
empty
empty
empty

Monastery Advanced Actions                                                            
Ice Bolt Gain a blue crystal to your Inventory. /// Ranged Ice Attack 3
empty

Common Skill Offer:
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a blue mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a red mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Bright Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 3 (during the Day) or Influence 2 (at Night)
Healing Ritual Once a Round, except in combat: Flip this to throw away up to two Wounds from your hand. One of them goes to the hand of the closest hero (if tied, you choose) instead of to the Wound pile.
Prayer of Weather Once a Round: Put this Skill token in the center. Until start of your next turn, the Move cost of all terrain is reduced by 2 for you (to a minimum of 1), and is increased by 1 for all other players (to a maximum of 5). Then take this token back and flip it.                                                            
Dark Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 2 (during the Day), or Influence 3 (at Night).
Night Sharpshooting Once a turn: Ranged attack 1 (durng the Day), or Ranged attack 2 (during the Night)
Cold Swordsmanship Once a turn: Attack 2, or Ice attack 2
Source Freeze Once a Round: Put this skill token in the Source. While it is there other players cannot use their usual one die from the Source. On your next turn, gain one crystal of any basic color represented in the Source to your inventory (do not reroll that die) then take this token back and flip it.
Shield Mastery Once a turn: Block 3, or Fire block 2, or Ice block 2                           

Mana Source:
White / Green / Gold / Black / Black / Black

Map:

Arythea (Watno):
Level 6 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/1/26 / Tactics: 1: Early Bird                  
Crystals: Red, White, White, Green, Blue
Skills: Power of Pain Once a turn: You can play one Wound sideways, as if it were a non-Wound card. It gives +2 instead of +1. At the end of your turn, put that Wound in your discard pile.
         Burning Power Once a turn: Siege Attack 1, or Fire Siege Attack 1.
         Hot Swordsmanship Once a turn: Attack 2, or Fire Attack 2.
Units (1/3): Peasants (double wounded) Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Norowas (theorel):
Level 5 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/3/21 / Tactics: 2: Rethink When you take this Tactic, discard up to 3 cards (including Wounds) from your hand, then draw that many cards. Shuffle your discard pile back into your Deed deck.
Crystals: Blue, White, Green, Green
Skills: Leaves in the Wind Once a Round: Flip this to gain one green crystal to your Inventory, and one white mana token.
         Leadership Once a turn: When activating a Unit, add +3 to its Block, or +2 to its Attack. or +1 to its Ranged (not Siege) Attack, regardless of its elements.
Units (2/3): Foresters (wounded) Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3
                 Red Cape Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3 /// Fire Attack or Fire Block 4

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Level 4 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/5/14 / Tactics: 4: Planning If at the end of your turn you have at least 2 deed cards in your hand, draw your next hand as if your hand limit is increased by one.                              
Crystals: none
Skills: Universal Power Once a turn: You may add one mana to a card played sideways. If you do, the card gives +3 instead of +1. If it is an Action or Spell card of the same color as that mana, it gives +4.
         Flight Once a Round: Flip this to move to an adjacent space for free, or to move two spaces for 2 Move points. You must end this move in a safe space. This move does not provoke rampaging enemies.                                                         
Units (1/2): Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 (Physical Resistance) / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4

Tovak (pops):
Level 6 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/5/18 / Tactics: 6: The Right Moment One time this Day during your turn, you can announce that you will take another turn immediately after this. If you do, flip this card face down.
Crystals: White, White, Blue, Red
Skills: Double Move Once a turn: Move 2 (during the Day), or Move 1 (during the Night)
         Red Crystal Craft Once a Round: Flip this to gain one blue crystal to your Inventory, and one red mana token.
         I Don't Give a Damn Once a turn: One card played sideways gives you +2 instead of +1. If it's an advanced action, spell or artifact, it gives +3 instead.
Units (2/3): Utem Crossbowmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Attack 2
                 Utem Guardsmen Cost 5 / Level 2 / Armour 5 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack 2 /// Block 4. Any enemy blocked this way loses Swiftness.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 10, 2013, 11:06:10 am »

Use Sapphire Ring for blue mana token, blue mana crystal, +1 fame. (Level up!)
Use blue mana token to power Pure Magic and the Gold mana die for +7 move. Use March for +2 move.

Use Will Focus for a red mana token. Play Rage sideways using Universal Power for +4 move. (13 move)

Move to Watno's keep. (costs 12 move)

Reroll for the gold die.
Rolled 1d6 : 2, total 2

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 10, 2013, 11:21:47 am »

I think you can only move to my keep if you assault it.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 10, 2013, 11:28:26 am »

I think you can only move to my keep if you assault it.

Hmm looking at the rulebook I think you might be right. I'm going to redo my turn I think.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: April 10, 2013, 11:38:36 am »

Okay instead I will:

Use Sapphire Ring for blue mana token, blue mana crystal, +1 fame. (Level up!)

Play March for 2 move. Play Rage sideways with Universal Power and blue mana token for +3 move.
Move to swamp. Check out enemies in the city.

Provoke orcs. Skip ranged attack phase. What do they summon?

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 10, 2013, 01:58:52 pm »

Gargoyle for 5 Attack

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: April 10, 2013, 02:26:05 pm »

Let Guardian Golems absorb 3 damage using their resistance without taking a wound. Take 1 wound to hand.

Use gold mana die to power Pure Magic for 4 attack. Killing orc summoner.

+4 fame, +1 reputation.

Use Will Power to gain 1 green mana crystal.

If that checks out you can reroll the mana die or let my previous roll stand. I'll let Qvist decide what's fairest.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 10, 2013, 02:33:49 pm »

Are units always shuffled back in?  Or can we expect a Peasants, a Utem Guardsmen, and a Utem Swordsmen next round?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: April 10, 2013, 02:41:22 pm »

The answer to that question doesn't affect my move (nor does Jorbles' mana roll).

Use the goldiest green mana available to power March +4 Move
Use Double Move +2 Move
Use I don't give a damn on my artifact for +3 Move
Move to the northeast village, then explore from it.
As long as the exploration doesn't reveal a village or monastery, play Rage sideways for 1 Influence, get 5 influence from rep and heal 2 wounds at the village and end my turn.  Roll for me if that all works out

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: April 10, 2013, 03:35:28 pm »

Let Guardian Golems absorb 3 damage using their resistance without taking a wound. Take 1 wound to hand.

Wait. I don't think that works, unless I understood anything wrong. If you decide to take damage with a unit with physical Resistance it reduces first the damage by their armour value without taking a wound, but if there's still damage left you have to assign them to the unit again.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: April 10, 2013, 03:38:39 pm »

What if I take a wound first and then give the rest to my Unit?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: April 10, 2013, 03:43:08 pm »

I just read the rules and you're right. I have to choose if a unit takes damage first, and then they take all the damage they can. I'll just take 2 wounds.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: April 10, 2013, 03:44:28 pm »

Are units always shuffled back in?  Or can we expect a Peasants, a Utem Guardsmen, and a Utem Swordsmen next round?

Units that were not bought are put to the bottom of the deck. Disbanded units are removed from the game though. I just noticed that I only accidently put 5 instead of 6 units in the offer the first time, d'oh. So, this means we've seen 17 of the 20 normal units so far. Next night 3 Elite and 3 Normal Units will appear. You could calculate that for yourself, but this guarantees that Peasants, Utem Guardsmen, Utem Swordsmen will be the 3 normal units.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: April 10, 2013, 03:49:22 pm »

I just read the rules and you're right. I have to choose if a unit takes damage first, and then they take all the damage they can. I'll just take 2 wounds.

Alrighty. I re-roll, I think that's fairest.
Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: April 10, 2013, 03:53:25 pm »

Re-roll for pops' turn.
Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 10, 2013, 03:56:47 pm »

Game state: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjovnuYeeSkidG9MNFRlQW5VaTRleFQtT3dZV2k4S3c&usp=sharing

Fame: Goldyx: 28 / Norowas: 30 / Tovak: 40 / Arythea: 45
Influence: Goldyx: 1 / Norowas: -1 / Tovak: 5 / Arythea: -2

Advanced Actions:
Magic Talent Discard a card from your hand. You may play one Spell card in the Spells offer this turn as if it were in your hand. That card remains in the Spells offer. /// When you play this, pay a mana of any color. Gain a Spell card of that color from the Spells offer and put it in your discard pile.
Steady Tempo Move 2. At the end of your turn, instead of putting this card in your discard pile, you may place it on the bottom of your deed deck as long as it is not empty. /// Move 4. At the end of your turn, instead of putting this card in your discard pile, you may place it on top of your Deed deck.

Spells:
Mana Meltdown / Mana Radiance Each other player must randomly choose a crystal in their Inventory to be lost. You may gain one crystal lost this way to your Inventory. Any player that had no crystal in their Inventory when you played this, takes a Wound instead. /// When you play this, choose a basic mana color. Each player, including you, takes a Wound for each crystal of that color they own. Gain two crystal of the chosen color to your Inventory.
Wings of Wind / Wings of Night When you play this, spend 1-5 Move points and move one revealed space on the map for each. You must end your move in a safe space. Moving this way does not provoke rampaging enemies. /// Play this during combat. If you entered combat with at least as many unspent Move points as the number of enemies you are facing, skip the Block and Assign Damage phases of this combat.
Restoration / Rebirth Heal 3. If you are in a forest, Heal 5 instead. /// Heal 3. If you are in a forest, Heal 5 instead. Ready up to 3 levels worth of Units. If you are in a forest, Ready up to 5 levels of Units instead.

Units:
empty
empty
empty
empty
empty
empty

Ice Bolt Gain a blue crystal to your Inventory. /// Ranged Ice Attack 3
empty

Common Skill Offer:
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a blue mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a red mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Bright Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 3 (during the Day) or Influence 2 (at Night)
Healing Ritual Once a Round, except in combat: Flip this to throw away up to two Wounds from your hand. One of them goes to the hand of the closest hero (if tied, you choose) instead of to the Wound pile.
Prayer of Weather Once a Round: Put this Skill token in the center. Until start of your next turn, the Move cost of all terrain is reduced by 2 for you (to a minimum of 1), and is increased by 1 for all other players (to a maximum of 5). Then take this token back and flip it.                                                            
Dark Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 2 (during the Day), or Influence 3 (at Night).
Night Sharpshooting Once a turn: Ranged attack 1 (durng the Day), or Ranged attack 2 (during the Night)
Source Freeze Once a Round: Put this skill token in the Source. While it is there other players cannot use their usual one die from the Source. On your next turn, gain one crystal of any basic color represented in the Source to your inventory (do not reroll that die) then take this token back and flip it.

Mana Source:
White / Blue / Blue / Black / Black / Black

Map:

Arythea (Watno):
Level 6 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/1/26 / Tactics: 1: Early Bird                  
Skills: Power of Pain Once a turn: You can play one Wound sideways, as if it were a non-Wound card. It gives +2 instead of +1. At the end of your turn, put that Wound in your discard pile.
Units (1/3): Peasants (double wounded) Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Norowas (theorel):
Level 5 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/3/21 / Tactics: 2: Rethink When you take this Tactic, discard up to 3 cards (including Wounds) from your hand, then draw that many cards. Shuffle your discard pile back into your Deed deck.
Skills: Leaves in the Wind Once a Round: Flip this to gain one green crystal to your Inventory, and one white mana token.
         Leadership Once a turn: When activating a Unit, add +3 to its Block, or +2 to its Attack. or +1 to its Ranged (not Siege) Attack, regardless of its elements.
Units (2/3): Foresters (wounded) Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3
                 Red Cape Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3 /// Fire Attack or Fire Block 4

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Level 5 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/3/18 / Tactics: 4: Planning If at the end of your turn you have at least 2 deed cards in your hand, draw your next hand as if your hand limit is increased by one.                              
Crystals: Blue, Green
Skills: Universal Power Once a turn: You may add one mana to a card played sideways. If you do, the card gives +3 instead of +1. If it is an Action or Spell card of the same color as that mana, it gives +4.
         Flight Once a Round: Flip this to move to an adjacent space for free, or to move two spaces for 2 Move points. You must end this move in a safe space. This move does not provoke rampaging enemies.                                                         
Units (1/3): Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 (Physical Resistance) / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4

Tovak (pops):
Level 6 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/0/21 / Tactics: 6: The Right Moment One time this Day during your turn, you can announce that you will take another turn immediately after this. If you do, flip this card face down.
Skills: Double Move Once a turn: Move 2 (during the Day), or Move 1 (during the Night)
         Red Crystal Craft Once a Round: Flip this to gain one blue crystal to your Inventory, and one red mana token.
         I Don't Give a Damn Once a turn: One card played sideways gives you +2 instead of +1. If it's an advanced action, spell or artifact, it gives +3 instead.
Units (2/3): Utem Crossbowmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Attack 2
                 Utem Guardsmen Cost 5 / Level 2 / Armour 5 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack 2 /// Block 4. Any enemy blocked this way loses Swiftness.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 04:01:12 pm by Qvist »

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "One city is conquered" (Day 2, Turn 6, Watno's turn)
« Reply #742 on: April 10, 2013, 03:57:19 pm »

and again, I forgot to exchange the picture  :-[

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: April 10, 2013, 06:24:30 pm »

You could calculate that for yourself, but this guarantees that Peasants, Utem Guardsmen, Utem Swordsmen will be the 3 normal units.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "One city is conquered" (Day 2, Turn 6, Watno's turn)
« Reply #744 on: April 10, 2013, 06:32:41 pm »

I call End of Round

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "One city is conquered" (Day 2, Turn 6, theorel's turn)
« Reply #745 on: April 10, 2013, 09:53:32 pm »

Play my new diamond ring for a white crystal, white token and Fame +1.
End Turn.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "One city is conquered" (Day 2, Turn 6, Jorbles' turn)
« Reply #746 on: April 11, 2013, 08:16:44 am »

So, only Jorbles' turn left as pops has no cards. Then Night starts.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 11, 2013, 11:15:15 am »

Pass. Let's start night.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 11, 2013, 05:17:59 pm »

Re-roll mana dice
Rolled 6d6 : 3, 4, 4, 4, 6, 5, total 26

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 11, 2013, 05:28:04 pm »

Fame: Goldyx: 28 / Norowas: 31 / Tovak: 40 / Arythea: 45
Influence: Goldyx: 1 / Norowas: -1 / Tovak: 5 / Arythea: -2

Advanced Actions:
Agility Move 2. During combat this turn, you may spend Move points left from Move phase as Attack points one for one. /// Move 4. During combat this turn, you may spend Move points left from Move phase as Attack points one for one, or 2 Move points for 1 point of Ranged Attack.

Spells:
Call to Arms / Call to Glory You may use an ability of one Unit in the Units offer this turn, as if it were one of your recruits. You cannot assign damage to this Unit. ///Recruit any one Unit from the Units offer for free. (If you are at your Command limit, you must disband one of your Units first.)

Units:
Fire Golems Cost 8 / Level 3 / Armour 4 (Physical and Fire Resistance) / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Fire Attack 4
Peasants Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Village / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2
Amotep Freezers Cost 8 / Level 3 / Armour 6 / Recruitable in Keep or City / Attack or Block 5 /// Target enemy does not attack this combat and it gets Armor -3 (to a minimum of 1).
Catapults Cost 9 / Level 3 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Keep or City / Siege Attack 3 /// Siege Fire Attack 5 /// Siege Ice Attack 5
Utem Swordsmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Attack or Block 6. This Unit becomes Wounded.

Refreshing Walk Move 2 and Heal 1 /// Move 4 and Heal 2
Song of Wind Move 2. The Move cost of plains, deserts and wastelands is reduced by 1, to a minimum of 0 this turn. /// Move 2. The Move cost of plains, deserts and wastelands is reduced by 2, to a minimum of 0. You may pay a blue mana to be able to travel through lakes for Move cost 0 this turn.

Common Skill Offer:

Mana Source:
Red / Green / Green / Green / Blue / Black

Map:

Arythea (Watno):
Level 6 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 20/7/0 / Tactics:                  

Norowas (theorel):
Level 5 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 16/8/0 / Tactics:

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Level 5 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 15/6/0 / Tactics:          
Crystals: Blue, Green
Units (1/3): Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 (Physical Resistance) / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4

Tovak (pops):
Level 6 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 15/6/0 / Tactics:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 21 queries.