Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 47  All

Author Topic: Mage Knight I (Game over, theorel wins)  (Read 78202 times)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "One city is conquered" (Day 2, Turn 4, Jorbles' turn)
« Reply #700 on: April 09, 2013, 01:58:06 pm »

Challenge coldfire dragon
Use White mana from the source to power Swiftness for Ranged attack 3.
Play Horn of Wrath for Siege Attack 6.
Flip the Right Moment

Here's the roll for whether Horn of Wrath wounds me.
Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1

And here's the mana roll
Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1

I take another turn but I need to wait to process levelup

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: April 09, 2013, 02:34:40 pm »

Choose:

I Don't Give a Damn Once a turn: One card played sideways gives you +2 instead of +1. If it's an advanced action, spell or artifact, it gives +3 instead.
Shield Mastery Once a turn: Block 3, or Fire block 2, or Ice block 2

or any Skill from the offer. Also choose an Advanced Action.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "In search of the cities" (Day 2, Turn 3, Jorbles' turn)
« Reply #702 on: April 09, 2013, 02:45:33 pm »

Game state: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjovnuYeeSkidG9MNFRlQW5VaTRleFQtT3dZV2k4S3c&usp=sharing

Fame: Goldyx: 23 / Norowas: 26 / Tovak: 40 / Arythea: 45
Influence: Goldyx: 0 / Norowas: 0 / Tovak: 5 / Arythea: -2

Advanced Actions:
Maximal Effect When you play this, play another Action card with it. Use the basic effect of that card three times. Then, throw away that card. /// When you play this, play another Action card with it. Use the advanced effect of that card two times (for free). Then, throw away that card.
Swift Bolt Gain a white crystal to you Inventory. /// Ranged Attack 4
Steady Tempo Move 2. At the end of your turn, instead of putting this card in your discard pile, you may place it on the bottom of your deed deck as long as it is not empty. /// Move 4. At the end of your turn, instead of putting this card in your discard pile, you may place it on top of your Deed deck.

Spells:
Mana Meltdown / Mana Radiance Each other player must randomly choose a crystal in their Inventory to be lost. You may gain one crystal lost this way to your Inventory. Any player that had no crystal in their Inventory when you played this, takes a Wound instead. /// When you play this, choose a basic mana color. Each player, including you, takes a Wound for each crystal of that color they own. Gain two crystal of the chosen color to your Inventory.
Wings of Wind / Wings of Night When you play this, spend 1-5 Move points and move one revealed space on the map for each. You must end your move in a safe space. Moving this way does not provoke rampaging enemies. /// Play this during combat. If you entered combat with at least as many unspent Move points as the number of enemies you are facing, skip the Block and Assign Damage phases of this combat.
Restoration / Rebirth Heal 3. If you are in a forest, Heal 5 instead. /// Heal 3. If you are in a forest, Heal 5 instead. Ready up to 3 levels worth of Units. If you are in a forest, Ready up to 5 levels of Units instead.

Units:
empty
empty
empty
empty
empty
empty

Monastery Advanced Actions                                                            
Ice Bolt Gain a blue crystal to your Inventory. /// Ranged Ice Attack 3
empty

Common Skill Offer:
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a blue mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a red mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Bright Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 3 (during the Day) or Influence 2 (at Night)
Healing Ritual Once a Round, except in combat: Flip this to throw away up to two Wounds from your hand. One of them goes to the hand of the closest hero (if tied, you choose) instead of to the Wound pile.
Prayer of Weather Once a Round: Put this Skill token in the center. Until start of your next turn, the Move cost of all terrain is reduced by 2 for you (to a minimum of 1), and is increased by 1 for all other players (to a maximum of 5). Then take this token back and flip it.                                                            
Dark Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 2 (during the Day), or Influence 3 (at Night).
Night Sharpshooting Once a turn: Ranged attack 1 (durng the Day), or Ranged attack 2 (during the Night)
Cold Swordsmanship Once a turn: Attack 2, or Ice attack 2
Source Freeze Once a Round: Put this skill token in the Source. While it is there other players cannot use their usual one die from the Source. On your next turn, gain one crystal of any basic color represented in the Source to your inventory (do not reroll that die) then take this token back and flip it.
Pending                                                            

Mana Source:
White / Gold / Red / Black / Black / Black

Map:

Arythea (Watno):
Level 6 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 1/7/19 / Tactics: 1: Early Bird                  
Crystals: Red
Skills: Power of Pain Once a turn: You can play one Wound sideways, as if it were a non-Wound card. It gives +2 instead of +1. At the end of your turn, put that Wound in your discard pile.
         Burning Power Once a turn: Siege Attack 1, or Fire Siege Attack 1.
         Hot Swordsmanship Once a turn: Attack 2, or Fire Attack 2.
Units (1/3): Peasants (double wounded) Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Norowas (theorel):
Level 5 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/7/17 / Tactics: 2: Rethink When you take this Tactic, discard up to 3 cards (including Wounds) from your hand, then draw that many cards. Shuffle your discard pile back into your Deed deck.
Crystals: Blue, White, Green, Green
Skills: Leaves in the Wind Once a Round: Flip this to gain one green crystal to your Inventory, and one white mana token.
         Leadership Once a turn: When activating a Unit, add +3 to its Block, or +2 to its Attack. or +1 to its Ranged (not Siege) Attack, regardless of its elements.
Units (2/3): Foresters (wounded) Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3
                 Red Cape Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3 /// Fire Attack or Fire Block 4

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Level 4 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/5/14 / Tactics: 4: Planning If at the end of your turn you have at least 2 deed cards in your hand, draw your next hand as if your hand limit is increased by one.                              
Crystals: none
Skills: Universal Power Once a turn: You may add one mana to a card played sideways. If you do, the card gives +3 instead of +1. If it is an Action or Spell card of the same color as that mana, it gives +4.
         Flight Once a Round: Flip this to move to an adjacent space for free, or to move two spaces for 2 Move points. You must end this move in a safe space. This move does not provoke rampaging enemies.                                                         
Units (1/2): Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4

Tovak (pops):
Level 6 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/5/17 / Tactics: 6: The Right Moment One time this Day during your turn, you can announce that you will take another turn immediately after this. If you do, flip this card face down.
Crystals: White, White, Blue, Red
Skills: Double Move Once a turn: Move 2 (during the Day), or Move 1 (during the Night)
         Red Crystal Craft Once a Round: Flip this to gain one blue crystal to your Inventory, and one red mana token.
Units (2/3): Utem Crossbowmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Attack 2
                 Utem Guardsmen Cost 5 / Level 2 / Armour 5 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack 2 /// Block 4. Any enemy blocked this way loses Swiftness.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 09, 2013, 02:50:33 pm »

I don't give a damn
and
Maximal Effect

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: April 09, 2013, 02:56:21 pm »

Pops interacts
.....Getting 5 Influence from Reputation
Pops plays a Maximal Effect
.....Playing a Threaten for +2 Influence
.....Playing Threaten again for +2 Influence
.....Playing Threaten a third time for +2 Influence
.....Throwing away the Threaten
Pops plays March sideways for +1 Influence.
Pops buys an artifact
.....Putting it on top of his deck

End my turn.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: April 09, 2013, 02:59:41 pm »

Just for your info. You have +5 Influence from your Reputation and +3 Influence because of your Shield tokens. Do you want to change your move?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: April 09, 2013, 03:04:06 pm »

Holy crap! Yes, I do want to change my move.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: April 09, 2013, 03:05:34 pm »

Actually, I can't improve on that very much.  I'll just keep the March in hand since I don't need it.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: April 09, 2013, 03:12:18 pm »

Game state: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjovnuYeeSkidG9MNFRlQW5VaTRleFQtT3dZV2k4S3c&usp=sharing

Advanced Actions:
Magic Talent Discard a card from your hand. You may play one Spell card in the Spells offer this turn as if it were in your hand. That card remains in the Spells offer. /// When you play this, pay a mana of any color. Gain a Spell card of that color from the Spells offer and put it in your discard pile.
Steady Tempo Move 2. At the end of your turn, instead of putting this card in your discard pile, you may place it on the bottom of your deed deck as long as it is not empty. /// Move 4. At the end of your turn, instead of putting this card in your discard pile, you may place it on top of your Deed deck.

Spells:
Mana Meltdown / Mana Radiance Each other player must randomly choose a crystal in their Inventory to be lost. You may gain one crystal lost this way to your Inventory. Any player that had no crystal in their Inventory when you played this, takes a Wound instead. /// When you play this, choose a basic mana color. Each player, including you, takes a Wound for each crystal of that color they own. Gain two crystal of the chosen color to your Inventory.
Wings of Wind / Wings of Night When you play this, spend 1-5 Move points and move one revealed space on the map for each. You must end your move in a safe space. Moving this way does not provoke rampaging enemies. /// Play this during combat. If you entered combat with at least as many unspent Move points as the number of enemies you are facing, skip the Block and Assign Damage phases of this combat.
Restoration / Rebirth Heal 3. If you are in a forest, Heal 5 instead. /// Heal 3. If you are in a forest, Heal 5 instead. Ready up to 3 levels worth of Units. If you are in a forest, Ready up to 5 levels of Units instead.

Units:
empty
empty
empty
empty
empty
empty

empty

Common Skill Offer:
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a blue mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a red mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Bright Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 3 (during the Day) or Influence 2 (at Night)
Healing Ritual Once a Round, except in combat: Flip this to throw away up to two Wounds from your hand. One of them goes to the hand of the closest hero (if tied, you choose) instead of to the Wound pile.
Prayer of Weather Once a Round: Put this Skill token in the center. Until start of your next turn, the Move cost of all terrain is reduced by 2 for you (to a minimum of 1), and is increased by 1 for all other players (to a maximum of 5). Then take this token back and flip it.                                                            
Dark Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 2 (during the Day), or Influence 3 (at Night).
Night Sharpshooting Once a turn: Ranged attack 1 (durng the Day), or Ranged attack 2 (during the Night)
Source Freeze Once a Round: Put this skill token in the Source. While it is there other players cannot use their usual one die from the Source. On your next turn, gain one crystal of any basic color represented in the Source to your inventory (do not reroll that die) then take this token back and flip it.

Mana Source:
White / Gold / Red / Black / Black / Black

Map:

Arythea (Watno):
Level 6 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 1/7/19 / Tactics: 1: Early Bird                  
Crystals: Red
Skills: Power of Pain Once a turn: You can play one Wound sideways, as if it were a non-Wound card. It gives +2 instead of +1. At the end of your turn, put that Wound in your discard pile.
Units (1/3): Peasants (double wounded) Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Norowas (theorel):
Level 5 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/7/17 / Tactics: 2: Rethink When you take this Tactic, discard up to 3 cards (including Wounds) from your hand, then draw that many cards. Shuffle your discard pile back into your Deed deck.
Skills: Leaves in the Wind Once a Round: Flip this to gain one green crystal to your Inventory, and one white mana token.
         Leadership Once a turn: When activating a Unit, add +3 to its Block, or +2 to its Attack. or +1 to its Ranged (not Siege) Attack, regardless of its elements.
Units (2/3): Foresters (wounded) Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3
                 Red Cape Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3 /// Fire Attack or Fire Block 4

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Level 4 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/5/14 / Tactics: 4: Planning If at the end of your turn you have at least 2 deed cards in your hand, draw your next hand as if your hand limit is increased by one.                              
Skills: Universal Power Once a turn: You may add one mana to a card played sideways. If you do, the card gives +3 instead of +1. If it is an Action or Spell card of the same color as that mana, it gives +4.
         Flight Once a Round: Flip this to move to an adjacent space for free, or to move two spaces for 2 Move points. You must end this move in a safe space. This move does not provoke rampaging enemies.                                                         
Units (1/2): Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4

Tovak (pops):
Level 6 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/5/18 / Tactics: 6: The Right Moment One time this Day during your turn, you can announce that you will take another turn immediately after this. If you do, flip this card face down.
Skills: Double Move Once a turn: Move 2 (during the Day), or Move 1 (during the Night)
         Red Crystal Craft Once a Round: Flip this to gain one blue crystal to your Inventory, and one red mana token.
         I Don't Give a Damn Once a turn: One card played sideways gives you +2 instead of +1. If it's an advanced action, spell or artifact, it gives +3 instead.
Units (2/3): Utem Crossbowmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Attack 2
                 Utem Guardsmen Cost 5 / Level 2 / Armour 5 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack 2 /// Block 4. Any enemy blocked this way loses Swiftness.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "One city is conquered" (Day 2, Turn 5, Arythea's turn)
« Reply #709 on: April 09, 2013, 03:16:04 pm »

I can't recruit units or heal in cities, can I? 

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: April 09, 2013, 03:22:04 pm »

You can only spend influence in a city for what the city can says. So you could recruit units in a white city for example, but not in your red one.
You can only heal in villages and monasteries.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: April 09, 2013, 03:27:14 pm »

You can only spend influence in a city for what the city can says. So you could recruit units in a white city for example, but not in your red one.
You can only heal in villages and monasteries.

Actually, this is partially true. You can recruit units at a city, but only some Elite Units. They will be added at the start of the next night. But in the white City you could recruit all units.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: April 09, 2013, 03:36:17 pm »

Play Decompose empowered by gold mana from source to throw away threaten for a blue, a green and a white crystal.
Play Mana Storm to get a red crystal, rerolling red die in source

Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: April 09, 2013, 03:38:33 pm »

Play concentrtion for a white mana token.
Crystallize white mana.
Play Wound and Improvise sideways to move to the hills in the southeast.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: April 09, 2013, 03:38:56 pm »

End turn
Rerolling gold die

Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: April 09, 2013, 03:59:53 pm »

Advanced Actions:
Magic Talent Discard a card from your hand. You may play one Spell card in the Spells offer this turn as if it were in your hand. That card remains in the Spells offer. /// When you play this, pay a mana of any color. Gain a Spell card of that color from the Spells offer and put it in your discard pile.

Spells:

Units:
empty
empty
empty
empty
empty
empty

empty

Common Skill Offer:

Mana Source:
White / Green / Green / Black / Black / Black

Map:

Arythea (Watno):
Level 6 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/1/26 / Tactics: 1: Early Bird                  
Crystals: Red, White, White, Green, Blue

Norowas (theorel):

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Units (1/2): Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 (Physical Resistance) / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4

Tovak (pops):
Level 6 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/5/18 / Tactics: 6: The Right Moment One time this Day during your turn, you can announce that you will take another turn immediately after this. If you do, flip this card face down.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 04:02:31 pm by Qvist »

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "One city is conquered" (Day 2, Turn 5, theorel's turn)
« Reply #716 on: April 09, 2013, 04:02:05 pm »

While just preparing the Elite Units which will come out soon, I just noticed that my reference sheet didn't took the Resistance of the Units into account. Sorry for that.
The Illusionists and the Guardian Golems have actually Physical Resistance.

Edit: In the spreadsheet this will be marked by +P, +F or +I for the Resistance respectively. So, the Guardian Golems have 3+P for example. I hope this is clear.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 04:03:50 pm by Qvist »

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: April 09, 2013, 04:26:23 pm »

You guys suck...white and green??? seriously?  You managed to leave all 3 mana active and they're ALL still useless.
Okay, I've got no choice...I'm going to burn down that monastery.

Play Stamina for Move 2 to move onto Monastery, and burn it to the ground.

What do I get to fight?

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: April 09, 2013, 04:35:31 pm »

You lose 3 Reputation. You encounter a Cursed Hag with 5 Attack and Poison, 5 Armour and 4 Fame

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: April 09, 2013, 04:58:20 pm »

While just preparing the Elite Units which will come out soon, I just noticed that my reference sheet didn't took the Resistance of the Units into account. Sorry for that.

Edit: In the spreadsheet this will be marked by +P, +F or +I for the Resistance respectively. So, the Guardian Golems have 3+P for example. I hope this is clear.

It's too late now, but I wish I'd known that when I gave them a wound previously. Oh well.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: April 09, 2013, 04:59:31 pm »

Damn, those units start to seem more and more appealing. :(

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 09, 2013, 05:02:57 pm »

It's too late now, but I wish I'd known that when I gave them a wound previously. Oh well.

Yeah sorry. I just didn't noticed that.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 09, 2013, 05:18:50 pm »

How many elite units get thrown into the mix?  Is it because a city has been conquered, or just because it's night 2?

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 09, 2013, 05:20:54 pm »

How many elite units get thrown into the mix?  Is it because a city has been conquered, or just because it's night 2?

After the first city has been found the unit offer consits of half elite and half normal units.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: April 09, 2013, 05:43:05 pm »

Play Amulet of the Sun for a gold mana token.
Spend gold token to empower Determination for Block 5.
Play Blood Rage, taking a wound for Attack 5.
Defeat the Hags.
After Combat, I play Tranquility with a Green source mana for Heal 2, healing both wounds from hand.

So, what's my new artifact???
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 16 queries.