Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 47  All

Author Topic: Mage Knight I (Game over, theorel wins)  (Read 78845 times)

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "In search of the cities" (Day 2, Turn 3, pops' turn)
« Reply #675 on: April 08, 2013, 07:58:54 pm »

Only enemies with physical attack are brutal.

"In the Red city, all defenders that have
physical Attack gain the Brutal ability."

From the full rulebook.

Cool. That's right. I just had in mind "All enemies are brutal". Fine. Cool turn, man.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "In search of the cities" (Day 2, Turn 3, Jorbles' turn)
« Reply #676 on: April 08, 2013, 08:07:41 pm »

Game state: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjovnuYeeSkidG9MNFRlQW5VaTRleFQtT3dZV2k4S3c&usp=sharing

Fame: Goldyx: 18 / Norowas: 25 / Tovak: 31 / Arythea: 42
Influence: Goldyx: 0 / Norowas: 0 / Tovak: 3 / Arythea: -3

Advanced Actions:
Blood Rage Attack 2. You can take a Wound to increase this to Attack 5. /// Attack 4. You can take a Wound to increase this to Attack 9.
Swift Bolt Gain a white crystal to you Inventory. /// Ranged Attack 4
Steady Tempo Move 2. At the end of your turn, instead of putting this card in your discard pile, you may place it on the bottom of your deed deck as long as it is not empty. /// Move 4. At the end of your turn, instead of putting this card in your discard pile, you may place it on top of your Deed deck.

Spells:
Mana Meltdown / Mana Radiance Each other player must randomly choose a crystal in their Inventory to be lost. You may gain one crystal lost this way to your Inventory. Any player that had no crystal in their Inventory when you played this, takes a Wound instead. /// When you play this, choose a basic mana color. Each player, including you, takes a Wound for each crystal of that color they own. Gain two crystal of the chosen color to your Inventory.
Wings of Wind / Wings of Night When you play this, spend 1-5 Move points and move one revealed space on the map for each. You must end your move in a safe space. Moving this way does not provoke rampaging enemies. /// Play this during combat. If you entered combat with at least as many unspent Move points as the number of enemies you are facing, skip the Block and Assign Damage phases of this combat.
Restoration / Rebirth Heal 3. If you are in a forest, Heal 5 instead. /// Heal 3. If you are in a forest, Heal 5 instead. Ready up to 3 levels worth of Units. If you are in a forest, Ready up to 5 levels of Units instead.

Units:
empty
empty
empty
empty
empty
empty

Monastery Advanced Actions                                                            
Ice Bolt Gain a blue crystal to your Inventory. /// Ranged Ice Attack 3
empty

Common Skill Offer:
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a blue mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a red mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Bright Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 3 (during the Day) or Influence 2 (at Night)
Healing Ritual Once a Round, except in combat: Flip this to throw away up to two Wounds from your hand. One of them goes to the hand of the closest hero (if tied, you choose) instead of to the Wound pile.
Prayer of Weather Once a Round: Put this Skill token in the center. Until start of your next turn, the Move cost of all terrain is reduced by 2 for you (to a minimum of 1), and is increased by 1 for all other players (to a maximum of 5). Then take this token back and flip it.                                                            
Dark Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 2 (during the Day), or Influence 3 (at Night).
Night Sharpshooting Once a turn: Ranged attack 1 (durng the Day), or Ranged attack 2 (during the Night)
Cold Swordsmanship Once a turn: Attack 2, or Ice attack 2
Source Freeze Once a Round: Put this skill token in the Source. While it is there other players cannot use their usual one die from the Source. On your next turn, gain one crystal of any basic color represented in the Source to your inventory (do not reroll that die) then take this token back and flip it.                                                            

Mana Source:
Black / Blue / White / Red / Black / Black

Map:

Arythea (Watno):
Level 6 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 7/7/13 / Tactics: 1: Early Bird                  
Crystals: Red
Skills: Power of Pain Once a turn: You can play one Wound sideways, as if it were a non-Wound card. It gives +2 instead of +1. At the end of your turn, put that Wound in your discard pile.
         Burning Power Once a turn: Siege Attack 1, or Fire Siege Attack 1.
         Hot Swordsmanship Once a turn: Attack 2, or Fire Attack 2.
Units (1/3): Peasants (double wounded) Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Norowas (theorel):
Level 5 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 2/8/13 / Tactics: 2: Rethink When you take this Tactic, discard up to 3 cards (including Wounds) from your hand, then draw that many cards. Shuffle your discard pile back into your Deed deck.
Crystals: Blue, White, Green, Green
Skills: Leaves in the Wind Once a Round: Flip this to gain one green crystal to your Inventory, and one white mana token.
         Leadership Once a turn: When activating a Unit, add +3 to its Block, or +2 to its Attack. or +1 to its Ranged (not Siege) Attack, regardless of its elements.
Units (2/3): Foresters (wounded) Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3
                 Red Cape Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3 /// Fire Attack or Fire Block 4

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Level 4 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 1/7/10 / Tactics: 4: Planning If at the end of your turn you have at least 2 deed cards in your hand, draw your next hand as if your hand limit is increased by one.                              
Crystals: none
Skills: Universal Power Once a turn: You may add one mana to a card played sideways. If you do, the card gives +3 instead of +1. If it is an Action or Spell card of the same color as that mana, it gives +4.
         Flight Once a Round: Flip this to move to an adjacent space for free, or to move two spaces for 2 Move points. You must end this move in a safe space. This move does not provoke rampaging enemies.                                                            
Units (1/2): Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4

Tovak (pops):
Level 5 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/7/15 / Tactics: 6: The Right Moment One time this Day during your turn, you can announce that you will take another turn immediately after this. If you do, flip this card face down.
Crystals: White, White, Blue, Red
Skills: Double Move Once a turn: Move 2 (during the Day), or Move 1 (during the Night)
         Red Crystal Craft Once a Round: Flip this to gain one blue crystal to your Inventory, and one red mana token.
Units (2/3): Utem Crossbowmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Attack 2
                 Utem Guardsmen Cost 5 / Level 2 / Armour 5 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack 2 /// Block 4. Any enemy blocked this way loses Swiftness.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "One city is conquered" (Day 2, Turn 4, Watno's turn)
« Reply #677 on: April 08, 2013, 08:09:36 pm »

Surely a I levelled up from all that fame? I can't read the fame in the image, but 3 kills seems like a lot..

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 08, 2013, 08:11:19 pm »

You gained 14 fame, so you're now level 5 as shown in the update and in the spreadsheet.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 08, 2013, 08:13:08 pm »

Ok.  Why did you deal me 7 cards when my max hand size is listed as 6?  Is it a city thing?

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 08, 2013, 08:14:43 pm »

Yeah, your hand limit is currently 8 because your city adds 2 to your hand limit.

Also, btw, don't forget your Tactics card.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 08, 2013, 08:17:41 pm »

Do I have to be in the city to enjoy the handsize bonus?
Also, can I challenge rampaging enemies from a city?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 08:19:00 pm by popsofctown »

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight - The Board Game (Signups, 0/4)
« Reply #682 on: April 08, 2013, 08:27:54 pm »

Bonus: When you end your turn on or adjacent to a city, draw 2 extra cards if you are that city's leader, or 1 extra card if you have at least one Shield token on the city.

Yes, you can attack rampaging enemies from cities.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 08, 2013, 08:54:51 pm »

Play March, Wound, sideways Blood Ritual and Determination for Move 6 to move 2 spaces to the southwest.
Challenge the Orcs. Play Fire Ball empowered by red mana from source to kill Orcs.
Discard Rage

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 08, 2013, 09:00:31 pm »

End turn I guess!?
Rolled 1d6 : 6, total 6

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 08, 2013, 09:02:02 pm »

Oh yeah, forgot that. Sorry.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 08, 2013, 09:04:20 pm »

No problem. You discarded Rage, so it was obvious on second thought.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 08, 2013, 09:04:49 pm »

Game state: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjovnuYeeSkidG9MNFRlQW5VaTRleFQtT3dZV2k4S3c&usp=sharing

Fame: Goldyx: 18 / Norowas: 25 / Tovak: 31 / Arythea: 45
Influence: Goldyx: 0 / Norowas: 0 / Tovak: 3 / Arythea: -2

Advanced Actions:
Blood Rage Attack 2. You can take a Wound to increase this to Attack 5. /// Attack 4. You can take a Wound to increase this to Attack 9.
Steady Tempo Move 2. At the end of your turn, instead of putting this card in your discard pile, you may place it on the bottom of your deed deck as long as it is not empty. /// Move 4. At the end of your turn, instead of putting this card in your discard pile, you may place it on top of your Deed deck.

Spells:
Mana Meltdown / Mana Radiance Each other player must randomly choose a crystal in their Inventory to be lost. You may gain one crystal lost this way to your Inventory. Any player that had no crystal in their Inventory when you played this, takes a Wound instead. /// When you play this, choose a basic mana color. Each player, including you, takes a Wound for each crystal of that color they own. Gain two crystal of the chosen color to your Inventory.
Wings of Wind / Wings of Night When you play this, spend 1-5 Move points and move one revealed space on the map for each. You must end your move in a safe space. Moving this way does not provoke rampaging enemies. /// Play this during combat. If you entered combat with at least as many unspent Move points as the number of enemies you are facing, skip the Block and Assign Damage phases of this combat.
Restoration / Rebirth Heal 3. If you are in a forest, Heal 5 instead. /// Heal 3. If you are in a forest, Heal 5 instead. Ready up to 3 levels worth of Units. If you are in a forest, Ready up to 5 levels of Units instead.

Units:
empty
empty
empty
empty
empty
empty

empty

Common Skill Offer:
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a blue mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a red mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Bright Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 3 (during the Day) or Influence 2 (at Night)
Healing Ritual Once a Round, except in combat: Flip this to throw away up to two Wounds from your hand. One of them goes to the hand of the closest hero (if tied, you choose) instead of to the Wound pile.
Prayer of Weather Once a Round: Put this Skill token in the center. Until start of your next turn, the Move cost of all terrain is reduced by 2 for you (to a minimum of 1), and is increased by 1 for all other players (to a maximum of 5). Then take this token back and flip it.                                                            
Dark Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 2 (during the Day), or Influence 3 (at Night).
Night Sharpshooting Once a turn: Ranged attack 1 (durng the Day), or Ranged attack 2 (during the Night)
Source Freeze Once a Round: Put this skill token in the Source. While it is there other players cannot use their usual one die from the Source. On your next turn, gain one crystal of any basic color represented in the Source to your inventory (do not reroll that die) then take this token back and flip it.                                                            

Mana Source:
Black / Blue / White / Black / Black / Black

Map:

Arythea (Watno):
Level 6 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 1/7/19 / Tactics: 1: Early Bird                  
Skills: Power of Pain Once a turn: You can play one Wound sideways, as if it were a non-Wound card. It gives +2 instead of +1. At the end of your turn, put that Wound in your discard pile.
Units (1/3): Peasants (double wounded) Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Norowas (theorel):
Level 5 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 2/8/13 / Tactics: 2: Rethink When you take this Tactic, discard up to 3 cards (including Wounds) from your hand, then draw that many cards. Shuffle your discard pile back into your Deed deck.
Skills: Leaves in the Wind Once a Round: Flip this to gain one green crystal to your Inventory, and one white mana token.
         Leadership Once a turn: When activating a Unit, add +3 to its Block, or +2 to its Attack. or +1 to its Ranged (not Siege) Attack, regardless of its elements.
Units (2/3): Foresters (wounded) Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3
                 Red Cape Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3 /// Fire Attack or Fire Block 4

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Level 4 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 1/7/10 / Tactics: 4: Planning If at the end of your turn you have at least 2 deed cards in your hand, draw your next hand as if your hand limit is increased by one.                              
Skills: Universal Power Once a turn: You may add one mana to a card played sideways. If you do, the card gives +3 instead of +1. If it is an Action or Spell card of the same color as that mana, it gives +4.
         Flight Once a Round: Flip this to move to an adjacent space for free, or to move two spaces for 2 Move points. You must end this move in a safe space. This move does not provoke rampaging enemies.                                                            
Units (1/2): Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4

Tovak (pops):
Level 5 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/7/15 / Tactics: 6: The Right Moment One time this Day during your turn, you can announce that you will take another turn immediately after this. If you do, flip this card face down.
Skills: Double Move Once a turn: Move 2 (during the Day), or Move 1 (during the Night)
         Red Crystal Craft Once a Round: Flip this to gain one blue crystal to your Inventory, and one red mana token.
Units (2/3): Utem Crossbowmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Attack 2
                 Utem Guardsmen Cost 5 / Level 2 / Armour 5 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack 2 /// Block 4. Any enemy blocked this way loses Swiftness.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "One city is conquered" (Day 2, Turn 4, theorel's turn)
« Reply #688 on: April 08, 2013, 09:58:26 pm »

Okay, I
interact at the keep...
Play Mana Draw empowered by white source mana.
Flip a black mana to white, gaining 2 white tokens.
Empower Noble Manners for +4 Influence, +1 Fame, +1 Reputation
(that should work this time)
Play Rage sideways for +1 Influence (5)
Empower Learning for +4 Influence (9)
Gain Blood Rage to hand with learning.
End of Turn

Replace the white mana.  And rerolling the other we get:
Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3

(maybe there will be a mana still available on my next turn???)

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 09, 2013, 01:05:29 pm »

Fame: Goldyx: 18 / Norowas: 26 / Tovak: 31 / Arythea: 45
Influence: Goldyx: 0 / Norowas: 0 / Tovak: 3 / Arythea: -2

Advanced Actions:
Maximal Effect When you play this, play another Action card with it. Use the basic effect of that card three times. Then, throw away that card. /// When you play this, play another Action card with it. Use the advanced effect of that card two times (for free). Then, throw away that card.

Spells:

Units:
empty
empty
empty
empty
empty
empty

empty

Common Skill Offer:

Mana Source:
White / Blue / Red / Black / Black / Black

Map:

Arythea (Watno):
Level 6 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 1/7/19 / Tactics: 1: Early Bird                  

Norowas (theorel):
Level 5 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/7/17 / Tactics: 2: Rethink When you take this Tactic, discard up to 3 cards (including Wounds) from your hand, then draw that many cards. Shuffle your discard pile back into your Deed deck.

Goldyx (Jorbles):

Tovak (pops):

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "One city is conquered" (Day 2, Turn 4, Jorbles' turn)
« Reply #690 on: April 09, 2013, 01:07:34 pm »

My turn? I use Flight to fly to the RuinsDungeon in the badlands and enter it. What do I fight?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 01:09:00 pm by Jorbles »

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 09, 2013, 01:08:56 pm »

My turn? I use Flight to fly to the Ruin in the badlands and enter it. What do I fight?

I guess you mean the dungeon, right?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: April 09, 2013, 01:09:21 pm »

My turn? I use Flight to fly to the Ruin in the badlands and enter it. What do I fight?

I guess you mean the dungeon, right?

yes, I was just noticing that and fixing it in the OP.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: April 09, 2013, 01:10:53 pm »

Do you need a picture?

You fight a Medusa with 6 Attack with Petrify, 4 Armour and 5 Fame

Edit: This was the last brown enemy by the way.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: April 09, 2013, 01:18:13 pm »

Will they get reshuffled after this?

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: April 09, 2013, 01:21:44 pm »

Will they get reshuffled after this?

Exactly.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: April 09, 2013, 01:43:20 pm »

Do you need a picture?

You fight a Medusa with 6 Attack with Petrify, 4 Armour and 5 Fame

Edit: This was the last brown enemy by the way.

I don't need a picture. One sec.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: April 09, 2013, 01:51:19 pm »

Spend a Blue mana die to use Ice Shield for Ice Block 3. And reduce the Medusa's armour to 1. Use Rage for Block 2. Play March Sideways for 1 Block. (total: 6)
Play Swiftness for 1 attack sideways killing the Medusa.

+5 fame, gain whatever this roll gives me:

Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: April 09, 2013, 01:52:47 pm »

An artifact.

Here's the new mana die.

'd6' is not a valid dice string!

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: April 09, 2013, 01:53:03 pm »

woops

Rolled 1d6 : 2, total 2
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 16 queries.