Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 47  All

Author Topic: Mage Knight I (Game over, theorel wins)  (Read 78176 times)

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "In search of the cities" (Day 2, Turn 2, Jorbles' turn)
« Reply #625 on: April 03, 2013, 01:48:27 pm »

Is there any reason for Jorbls not to use the Glade if he draws certain cards? If there isn't, I'm perfectly ok with him using the Magical Glade, and would actually prefer if the game didn't come down to such trivial oversights.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: April 03, 2013, 02:24:04 pm »

Is there any reason for Jorbls not to use the Glade if he draws certain cards? If there isn't, I'm perfectly ok with him using the Magical Glade, and would actually prefer if the game didn't come down to such trivial oversights.
I think he had no wounds in his hand at the time he "chose" not to use the Magical Glade, since he couldn't.  But then he drew a Wound at the end of his turn, from a previous round.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: April 03, 2013, 02:28:51 pm »

Ah, that makes sense.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: April 03, 2013, 06:14:41 pm »

I think he had no wounds in his hand at the time he "chose" not to use the Magical Glade, since he couldn't.  But then he drew a Wound at the end of his turn, from a previous round.

Yeah, that's what I was asking about. Qvist cleared it up. Thinking about what I'll do now.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: April 03, 2013, 07:05:58 pm »

Ok, so I was reading through the rules, and I found what appears to me to be a contradiction:

1. The beginner's intro says "Cities never sleep.  If you are in the space adjacent to them, you can always flip the defending monsters and see what they are".
2. The city assault rules say, you must be adjacent to a city to launch an assault, especially a cooperative assault.
3. The cooperative assault rules say, "Each player chooses how many of the enemies he will fight, but not which ones.  Randomly distribute the chosen number of enemies according to how many each player agreed to take on. Do this without even looking at the reverse side

But the reverse side HAS to be revealed at that point ANYWAY.  What's up with that?  Are both rulebooks from the same edition?

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: April 03, 2013, 07:08:52 pm »

For assigning them to players, you shuffle them again. The reverse side is the one you see first, which only shows the category. It is emphasized that you can't say: "I'll take the brown one, and you take the white". You just say: "I take one, you take one" and then it's randomly determined who fights what.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: April 03, 2013, 07:16:02 pm »

That seems unclear, it should say to flip them back over.  It's instructing you NOT to reverse what side is currently being revealed.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: April 03, 2013, 09:59:28 pm »

It seems like they're trying to say you shouldn't even know which brown your facing, or which white or whatever...but, then if you're randomizing in such a way that you might know which brown you're fighting you'd know whether it's brown or white which defeats the randomization part of it.  I think it's extraneous text, either due to a rules change or just a poorly worded addition trying to emphasize that you shouldn't know which part of the defenses you're facing.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 04, 2013, 04:18:39 am »

This is indeed strange wording. I looked up the German rules and there it says "without looking at the front side". I guess it's either an error or ambiguos wording.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: April 04, 2013, 04:16:45 pm »

Use Stamina and a Blue mana die for 4 move to move to the Village and explore the adjoining tile.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: April 04, 2013, 04:29:52 pm »

For assigning them to players, you shuffle them again. The reverse side is the one you see first, which only shows the category. It is emphasized that you can't say: "I'll take the brown one, and you take the white". You just say: "I take one, you take one" and then it's randomly determined who fights what.

No, I don't think it is. The front side is the one with all the monster stats. The reverse side is the one that just shows the type/colour.
When randomizing, you're not supposed to look at either side, not even the reverse one.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: April 05, 2013, 04:31:58 am »

You guys are great in finding cities.
2x Rampaging Enemy with Summoning Brown Enemy Attack, 4 Armour and 4 Fame
Village
Magical Glade
Green City with Grey, Brown and White Enemy

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: April 05, 2013, 10:29:05 am »

Challenge the Summoner. What does it summon?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: April 05, 2013, 11:23:14 am »

Dos he get to see the summon before deciding whether to use ranged attack?

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: April 05, 2013, 11:27:01 am »

No, that happens at the start of the Block Phase.

So, Jorbles should probably confirm: you're skipping Ranged Attack?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: April 05, 2013, 12:16:20 pm »

If I could kill it with a ranged attack I already would have.  :'( :'(

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: April 06, 2013, 03:01:43 pm »

Gargoyle with 5 Attack

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: April 06, 2013, 10:03:58 pm »

I think this works.

Use Improvisation and a Gold mana from the magic glade for 5 Block (discard Crystallization). Block the attack.

Use Green mana crystal and Universal Power to play Swiftness sideways for 3 attack. Play Promise sideways for 1 attack (total 4). Kill the summoner.

+4 fame, +1 rep. Level up!

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "In search of the cities" (Day 2 starts, choosing Tactics)
« Reply #643 on: April 07, 2013, 07:16:18 am »

Re-roll
Rolled 1d6 : 6, total 6

You level up. Choose:

Source Freeze Once a Round: Put this skill token in the Source. While it is there other players cannot use their usual one die from the Source. On your next turn, gain one crystal of any basic color represented in the Source to your inventory (do not reroll that die) then take this token back and flip it.
Flight Once a Round: Flip this to move to an adjacent space for free, or to move two spaces for 2 Move points. You must end this move in a safe space. This move does not provoke rampaging enemies.

or any Skill in the Offer. Choose also an Advanced Action.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: April 07, 2013, 07:24:54 am »

Game state: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjovnuYeeSkidG9MNFRlQW5VaTRleFQtT3dZV2k4S3c&usp=sharing

Fame: Goldyx: 18 / Norowas: 21 / Tovak: 17 / Arythea: 42
Influence: Goldyx: 1 / Norowas: 0 / Tovak: 3 / Arythea: -3

Advanced Actions:
Swift Bolt Gain a white crystal to you Inventory. /// Ranged Attack 4
Ice Shield Ice Block 3 /// Ice Block 3. Reduce the Armor of one enemy blocked this way by 3. Armor cannot be reduced below 1.
Steady Tempo Move 2. At the end of your turn, instead of putting this card in your discard pile, you may place it on the bottom of your deed deck as long as it is not empty. /// Move 4. At the end of your turn, instead of putting this card in your discard pile, you may place it on top of your Deed deck.

Spells:
Mana Meltdown / Mana Radiance Each other player must randomly choose a crystal in their Inventory to be lost. You may gain one crystal lost this way to your Inventory. Any player that had no crystal in their Inventory when you played this, takes a Wound instead. /// When you play this, choose a basic mana color. Each player, including you, takes a Wound for each crystal of that color they own. Gain two crystal of the chosen color to your Inventory.
Wings of Wind / Wings of Night When you play this, spend 1-5 Move points and move one revealed space on the map for each. You must end your move in a safe space. Moving this way does not provoke rampaging enemies. /// Play this during combat. If you entered combat with at least as many unspent Move points as the number of enemies you are facing, skip the Block and Assign Damage phases of this combat.
Restoration / Rebirth Heal 3. If you are in a forest, Heal 5 instead. /// Heal 3. If you are in a forest, Heal 5 instead. Ready up to 3 levels worth of Units. If you are in a forest, Ready up to 5 levels of Units instead.

Units:
empty
empty
empty
empty
empty
empty

Monastery Advanced Actions                                                            
Ice Bolt Gain a blue crystal to your Inventory. /// Ranged Ice Attack 3
empty

Common Skill Offer:
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a blue mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a red mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Bright Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 3 (during the Day) or Influence 2 (at Night)
Healing Ritual Once a Round, except in combat: Flip this to throw away up to two Wounds from your hand. One of them goes to the hand of the closest hero (if tied, you choose) instead of to the Wound pile.
Prayer of Weather Once a Round: Put this Skill token in the center. Until start of your next turn, the Move cost of all terrain is reduced by 2 for you (to a minimum of 1), and is increased by 1 for all other players (to a maximum of 5). Then take this token back and flip it.                                                            
Dark Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 2 (during the Day), or Influence 3 (at Night).
Night Sharpshooting Once a turn: Ranged attack 1 (durng the Day), or Ranged attack 2 (during the Night)
Cold Swordsmanship Once a turn: Attack 2, or Ice attack 2

Mana Source:
Black / White / White / Blue / Black / Black

Map:

Arythea (Watno):
Level 6 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 12/7/12 / Tactics: 1: Early Bird                  
Crystals: Red
Skills: Power of Pain Once a turn: You can play one Wound sideways, as if it were a non-Wound card. It gives +2 instead of +1. At the end of your turn, put that Wound in your discard pile.
         Burning Power Once a turn: Siege Attack 1, or Fire Siege Attack 1.
         Hot Swordsmanship Once a turn: Attack 2, or Fire Attack 2.
Units (1/3): Peasants (double wounded) Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Norowas (theorel):
Level 4 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 7/5/10 / Tactics: 2: Rethink When you take this Tactic, discard up to 3 cards (including Wounds) from your hand, then draw that many cards. Shuffle your discard pile back into your Deed deck.
Crystals: Blue, White, Green
Skills: Leaves in the Wind Once a Round: Flip this to gain one green crystal to your Inventory, and one white mana token.
         Leadership Once a turn: When activating a Unit, add +3 to its Block, or +2 to its Attack. or +1 to its Ranged (not Siege) Attack, regardless of its elements.
Units (2/2): Foresters (wounded) Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3
                 Red Cape Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3 /// Fire Attack or Fire Block 4

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Level 4 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 7/5/8 / Tactics: 4: Planning If at the end of your turn you have at least 2 deed cards in your hand, draw your next hand as if your hand limit is increased by one.                              
Crystals: none
Skills: Universal Power Once a turn: You may add one mana to a card played sideways. If you do, the card gives +3 instead of +1. If it is an Action or Spell card of the same color as that mana, it gives +4.
Units (1/2): Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4

Tovak (pops):
Level 4 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 11/5/4 / Tactics: 6: The Right Moment One time this Day during your turn, you can announce that you will take another turn immediately after this. If you do, flip this card face down.
Crystals: White, White, White
Skills: Double Move Once a turn: Move 2 (during the Day), or Move 1 (during the Night)
         Red Crystal Craft Once a Round: Flip this to gain one blue crystal to your Inventory, and one red mana token.
Units (2/2): Utem Crossbowmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Attack 2
                 Utem Guardsmen Cost 5 / Level 2 / Armour 5 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack 2 /// Block 4. Any enemy blocked this way loses Swiftness.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "In search of the cities" (Day 2, Turn 2, pops' turn)
« Reply #645 on: April 07, 2013, 09:18:49 am »

I need to know what the next advanced aaction is gonna be to move.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: April 07, 2013, 09:33:52 am »

Use Double Move, Stamina, and March to move to the desert ruins.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: April 07, 2013, 10:15:22 am »

I guess you want to enter the Ruins?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: April 07, 2013, 10:26:47 am »

No, I want to see what's in the city.
Remember, ruins are optional.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: April 07, 2013, 10:39:14 am »

Yes, I know. But you didn't end your turn so I wasn't sure what you were waiting for.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 16 queries.