Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 47  All

Author Topic: Mage Knight I (Game over, theorel wins)  (Read 78804 times)

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "In search of the cities" (Day 2 starts, choosing Tactics)
« Reply #600 on: April 02, 2013, 04:38:51 pm »

Game state: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjovnuYeeSkidG9MNFRlQW5VaTRleFQtT3dZV2k4S3c&usp=sharing

Fame: Goldyx: 14 / Norowas: 21 / Tovak: 17 / Arythea: 35
Influence: Goldyx: 0 / Norowas: 0 / Tovak: 5 / Arythea: X

Advanced Actions:
Ice Shield Ice Block 3 /// Ice Block 3. Reduce the Armor of one enemy blocked this way by 3. Armor cannot be reduced below 1.
Steady Tempo Move 2. At the end of your turn, instead of putting this card in your discard pile, you may place it on the bottom of your deed deck as long as it is not empty. /// Move 4. At the end of your turn, instead of putting this card in your discard pile, you may place it on top of your Deed deck.
Training Throw away an Action card from your hand, then take a card of the same color from the Advanced Actions offer and put it into your discard pile. /// Throw away an Action card from your hand, then take a card of the same color from the Advanced Actions offer and put it into your hand.

Spells:
Mana Meltdown / Mana Radiance Each other player must randomly choose a crystal in their Inventory to be lost. You may gain one crystal lost this way to your Inventory. Any player that had no crystal in their Inventory when you played this, takes a Wound instead. /// When you play this, choose a basic mana color. Each player, including you, takes a Wound for each crystal of that color they own. Gain two crystal of the chosen color to your Inventory.
Wings of Wind / Wings of Night When you play this, spend 1-5 Move points and move one revealed space on the map for each. You must end your move in a safe space. Moving this way does not provoke rampaging enemies. /// Play this during combat. If you entered combat with at least as many unspent Move points as the number of enemies you are facing, skip the Block and Assign Damage phases of this combat.
Restoration / Rebirth Heal 3. If you are in a forest, Heal 5 instead. /// Heal 3. If you are in a forest, Heal 5 instead. Ready up to 3 levels worth of Units. If you are in a forest, Ready up to 5 levels of Units instead.

Units:
empty                                   
Red Cape Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3 /// Fire Attack or Fire Block 4                                 
empty
empty
empty
empty

Monastery Advanced Actions                                                            
Ice Bolt Gain a blue crystal to your Inventory. /// Ranged Ice Attack 3

Common Skill Offer:
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a blue mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a red mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Bright Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 3 (during the Day) or Influence 2 (at Night)
Red Crystal Craft Once a Round: Flip this to gain one blue crystal to your Inventory, and one red mana token.
Healing Ritual Once a Round, except in combat: Flip this to throw away up to two Wounds from your hand. One of them goes to the hand of the closest hero (if tied, you choose) instead of to the Wound pile.
Prayer of Weather Once a Round: Put this Skill token in the center. Until start of your next turn, the Move cost of all terrain is reduced by 2 for you (to a minimum of 1), and is increased by 1 for all other players (to a maximum of 5). Then take this token back and flip it.                                                            
Dark Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 2 (during the Day), or Influence 3 (at Night).

Mana Source:
Black / White / White / Blue / Red / Green

Map:

Arythea (Watno):
Level 6 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 16/7/6 / Tactics: 1: Early Bird                  
Crystals: Red, Red
Skills: Power of Pain Once a turn: You can play one Wound sideways, as if it were a non-Wound card. It gives +2 instead of +1. At the end of your turn, put that Wound in your discard pile.
         Burning Power Once a turn: Siege Attack 1, or Fire Siege Attack 1.
         Hot Swordsmanship Once a turn: Attack 2, or Fire Attack 2.
Units (1/3): Peasants Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Norowas (theorel):
Level 4 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 11/5/5 / Tactics: 2: Rethink When you take this Tactic, discard up to 3 cards (including Wounds) from your hand, then draw that many cards. Shuffle your discard pile back into your Deed deck.
Crystals: Red, Blue, White, Green
Skills: Leaves in the Wind Once a Round: Flip this to gain one green crystal to your Inventory, and one white mana token.
         Leadership Once a turn: When activating a Unit, add +3 to its Block, or +2 to its Attack. or +1 to its Ranged (not Siege) Attack, regardless of its elements.
Units (1/2): Foresters (wounded) Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Level 3 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 10/6/3 / Tactics: 4: Planning If at the end of your turn you have at least 2 deed cards in your hand, draw your next hand as if your hand limit is increased by one.                              
Crystals: Green
Skills: Universal Power Once a turn: You may add one mana to a card played sideways. If you do, the card gives +3 instead of +1. If it is an Action or Spell card of the same color as that mana, it gives +4.
Units (1/1): Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4

Tovak (pops):
Level 4 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 11/5/4 / Tactics: 6: The Right Moment One time this Day during your turn, you can announce that you will take another turn immediately after this. If you do, flip this card face down.
Crystals: White, White, White
Skills: Double Move Once a turn: Move 2 (during the Day), or Move 1 (during the Night)                                                            
Units (2/2): Illusionists Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 2 / Recruitable in Mage Tower or Monastery / Influence 4 /// Target unfortified enemy does not attack this combat. /// Gain a white crystal to your Inventory.
                 Utem Guardsmen Cost 5 / Level 2 / Armour 5 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack 2 /// Block 4. Any enemy blocked this way loses Swiftness.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 04:47:24 pm by Qvist »

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "In search of the cities" (Day 2, Turn 2, Watno's turn)
« Reply #601 on: April 02, 2013, 04:43:15 pm »

Jorbles' Guardian golems are healed, aren't they?

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: April 02, 2013, 04:46:52 pm »

Play March empowered by Green mana from Source for Move 4 to move to my keep
Use Peasants for Move 2 to explore

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: April 02, 2013, 04:56:49 pm »

Blue City: Grey, Purple and White Enemy
Dragon with 5 Attack with Swiftness and Poison, 9 Armour and 7 Fame
Monastery adds following Advanced Action:
Ambush Move 2. Add +1 to your first Attack card of any type or +2 to your first Block card of any type, whichever you play first this turn. /// Move 4. Add +2 to your first Attack card of any type or +4 to your first Block card of any type, whichever you play first this turn.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 02, 2013, 05:22:03 pm »

Play Swiftness and Mana Draw sideways for Move 3
Move to the right and challenge Dragon.
Take 1 Wound in hand, 1 in discard, and 2 on Peasants
Play Wound and Flame Wall (with crystal from inventory) and use my skills for Attack 10, killing the Dragon

Reroll Green die:
Rolled 1d6 : 6, total 6

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: April 02, 2013, 05:36:10 pm »

Game state: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjovnuYeeSkidG9MNFRlQW5VaTRleFQtT3dZV2k4S3c&usp=sharing

Fame: Goldyx: 14 / Norowas: 21 / Tovak: 17 / Arythea: 42
Influence: Goldyx: 0 / Norowas: 0 / Tovak: 5 / Arythea: -3

Advanced Actions:
Ice Shield Ice Block 3 /// Ice Block 3. Reduce the Armor of one enemy blocked this way by 3. Armor cannot be reduced below 1.
Steady Tempo Move 2. At the end of your turn, instead of putting this card in your discard pile, you may place it on the bottom of your deed deck as long as it is not empty. /// Move 4. At the end of your turn, instead of putting this card in your discard pile, you may place it on top of your Deed deck.
Training Throw away an Action card from your hand, then take a card of the same color from the Advanced Actions offer and put it into your discard pile. /// Throw away an Action card from your hand, then take a card of the same color from the Advanced Actions offer and put it into your hand.

Spells:
Mana Meltdown / Mana Radiance Each other player must randomly choose a crystal in their Inventory to be lost. You may gain one crystal lost this way to your Inventory. Any player that had no crystal in their Inventory when you played this, takes a Wound instead. /// When you play this, choose a basic mana color. Each player, including you, takes a Wound for each crystal of that color they own. Gain two crystal of the chosen color to your Inventory.
Wings of Wind / Wings of Night When you play this, spend 1-5 Move points and move one revealed space on the map for each. You must end your move in a safe space. Moving this way does not provoke rampaging enemies. /// Play this during combat. If you entered combat with at least as many unspent Move points as the number of enemies you are facing, skip the Block and Assign Damage phases of this combat.
Restoration / Rebirth Heal 3. If you are in a forest, Heal 5 instead. /// Heal 3. If you are in a forest, Heal 5 instead. Ready up to 3 levels worth of Units. If you are in a forest, Ready up to 5 levels of Units instead.

Units:
empty                                   
Red Cape Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3 /// Fire Attack or Fire Block 4                                 
empty
empty
empty
empty

Ambush Move 2. Add +1 to your first Attack card of any type or +2 to your first Block card of any type, whichever you play first this turn. /// Move 4. Add +2 to your first Attack card of any type or +4 to your first Block card of any type, whichever you play first this turn.

Common Skill Offer:
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a blue mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a red mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Bright Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 3 (during the Day) or Influence 2 (at Night)
Red Crystal Craft Once a Round: Flip this to gain one blue crystal to your Inventory, and one red mana token.
Healing Ritual Once a Round, except in combat: Flip this to throw away up to two Wounds from your hand. One of them goes to the hand of the closest hero (if tied, you choose) instead of to the Wound pile.
Prayer of Weather Once a Round: Put this Skill token in the center. Until start of your next turn, the Move cost of all terrain is reduced by 2 for you (to a minimum of 1), and is increased by 1 for all other players (to a maximum of 5). Then take this token back and flip it.                                                            
Dark Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 2 (during the Day), or Influence 3 (at Night).

Mana Source:
Black / White / White / Blue / Red / Black

Map:

Arythea (Watno):
Level 6 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 12/7/12 / Tactics: 1: Early Bird                  
Crystals: Red
Skills: Power of Pain Once a turn: You can play one Wound sideways, as if it were a non-Wound card. It gives +2 instead of +1. At the end of your turn, put that Wound in your discard pile.
Units (1/3): Peasants (double wounded) Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Norowas (theorel):
Level 4 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 11/5/5 / Tactics: 2: Rethink When you take this Tactic, discard up to 3 cards (including Wounds) from your hand, then draw that many cards. Shuffle your discard pile back into your Deed deck.
Crystals: Red, Blue, White, Green
Skills: Leaves in the Wind Once a Round: Flip this to gain one green crystal to your Inventory, and one white mana token.
         Leadership Once a turn: When activating a Unit, add +3 to its Block, or +2 to its Attack. or +1 to its Ranged (not Siege) Attack, regardless of its elements.
Units (1/2): Foresters (wounded) Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Level 3 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 10/6/3 / Tactics: 4: Planning If at the end of your turn you have at least 2 deed cards in your hand, draw your next hand as if your hand limit is increased by one.                              
Skills: Universal Power Once a turn: You may add one mana to a card played sideways. If you do, the card gives +3 instead of +1. If it is an Action or Spell card of the same color as that mana, it gives +4.
Units (1/1): Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4

Tovak (pops):
Level 4 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 11/5/4 / Tactics: 6: The Right Moment One time this Day during your turn, you can announce that you will take another turn immediately after this. If you do, flip this card face down.
Skills: Double Move Once a turn: Move 2 (during the Day), or Move 1 (during the Night)                                                            
Units (2/2): Illusionists Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 2 / Recruitable in Mage Tower or Monastery / Influence 4 /// Target unfortified enemy does not attack this combat. /// Gain a white crystal to your Inventory.
                 Utem Guardsmen Cost 5 / Level 2 / Armour 5 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack 2 /// Block 4. Any enemy blocked this way loses Swiftness.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "In search of the cities" (Day 2, Turn 2, theorel's turn)
« Reply #606 on: April 02, 2013, 05:38:54 pm »

Enemies in Blue City:
Grey: 2 Attack, 5 Armour with Physical Resistance, 4 Fame
Purple: Summuning an Brown Enemy for Attack, 3 Armour with Physical Resistance, 4 Fame
White: 4 Cold Fire Attack with Brutal and Poison, 8 Armour Fortified with Physical Resistance, 8 Fame

and still waiting for pops' choice...

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: April 02, 2013, 07:13:07 pm »

Take red crystal craft and Training

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "In search of the cities" (Day 2, Turn 1, pops' turn)
« Reply #608 on: April 02, 2013, 07:20:21 pm »

Play Mana Draw.
Begin interacting with the locals, Influence +2 from rep.
Exhaust both illusionists, Influence +8.
Take a white mana from the source to power Promise, Influence +4
Take a White mana from the source to power Heroic Tale, Influence +6.
2+8+4+6=20 Influence.
Recruit Herbalists, disbanding Illusionists. (17)
Exhaust Herbalists to gain a Green Mana crystal.
Recruit Peasants, disbanding Herbalists.  (13)
Exhaust Peasants for Influence 2.          (15)
Recruit Herbalists, disbanding Peasants   (12)
Exhaust Herbalists to gain a Green Mana crystal.
Recruit Utem Crossbowmen, disbanding Herbalists (6)
Recruit Utem Swordsmen, disbanding Illusionists (1)

Definitely need for Qvist to look over that before I roll the mana dice.  But if that all checks out, I'll get fame +5 and rep +5 at end of turn.

Guardsmen, not swordsmen.

Swap out the Green "crystals" for White crystals like theorel suggested.  Normally I'd chastise him for helping his opponents, but I had already noticed the trick on my own, I just had a slight preference for Green.

If pops uses his Illusionists to gain White Crystals how does he use them to gain 8 Influence? Am I missing something?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 02, 2013, 07:28:37 pm »

The Herbalists can ready the Illusionists, allowing me to reuse them.

Replace the "Exhaust Herbalists, gaining a green mana crystal" with "Exhaust Herbalists, ready Illusionists.  Exhaust Illusionists, gaining a White mana crystal"
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 07:30:05 pm by popsofctown »

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 02, 2013, 07:38:15 pm »

So you play your cards in some order followed by:

Exhaust both Illusions for influence.
Recruit Herbalist (disband Illusionist).
Exhaust Herbalist ready Illusionist.
Exhaust Illusionist. (Gain White Crystal)
Recruit Herbalist (disband Herbalist).
Exhaust Herbalist ready Illusionist.
Exhaust Illusionist. (Gain White Crystal)
Recruit Peasant (disband Herbalist).
Exhaust Peasant (influence).
Recruit Utem Crossbowmen (disband Peasant).
Recruit Utem Guardsmen (disband Illusionists).

Okay I understand that now, though it's a bit dizzying. I didn't check the math, but if it worked before I believe you. I think Qvist hasn't updated your units yet as he still has you with a spent Illusionist.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 02, 2013, 07:40:10 pm »

Yeah, I think he just made a mistake there.  I'm supposed to have 2 utems

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: April 02, 2013, 07:54:20 pm »

Killing Dragons has bad side effects. People don't hate me as much anymore...

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: April 02, 2013, 08:00:55 pm »

Pillage

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: April 02, 2013, 08:02:51 pm »

Have you been tempted by the dark side?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: April 02, 2013, 08:05:42 pm »

Maybe.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: April 02, 2013, 09:05:36 pm »

Okay, I'll:
Interact at the Monastery...(+1 for reputation, this is wrong in the summary, but correct on spreadsheet)
Empower Improvisation with red mana from the source, discarding March for 5 influence. (6)
Empower Threaten with red mana crystal for 5 influence (11)
Play Swiftness sideways for 1 influence (12)
Play Path Finding sideways for 1 influence (13)
Recruit Red Cape Monks for 7 influence (6)
Gain Ambush for 6 influence (0)

return to source:
Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: April 02, 2013, 09:13:39 pm »

Don't forget reputation-1!

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 02, 2013, 09:16:48 pm »

Right, back to Reputation 1.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: April 03, 2013, 04:54:23 am »

Fame: Goldyx: 14 / Norowas: 21 / Tovak: 17 / Arythea: 42
Influence: Goldyx: 0 / Norowas: 0 / Tovak: 5 / Arythea: -3

Advanced Actions:
Swift Bolt Gain a white crystal to you Inventory. /// Ranged Attack 4

Spells:

Units:
empty
empty
empty
empty
empty
empty

empty

Common Skill Offer:
Night Sharpshooting Once a turn: Ranged attack 1 (durng the Day), or Ranged attack 2 (during the Night)
Cold Swordsmanship Once a turn: Attack 2, or Ice attack 2

Mana Source:
Black / White / White / Blue / Blue / Black

Map:

Arythea (Watno):
Level 6 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 12/7/12 / Tactics: 1: Early Bird                  
Crystals: Red
Units (1/3): Peasants (double wounded) Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Norowas (theorel):
Level 4 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 7/5/10 / Tactics: 2: Rethink When you take this Tactic, discard up to 3 cards (including Wounds) from your hand, then draw that many cards. Shuffle your discard pile back into your Deed deck.
Crystals: Blue, White, Green
Units (2/2): Foresters (wounded) Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Units (1/2): Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4

Tovak (pops):
Units (2/2): Utem Crossbowmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Attack 2

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "In search of the cities" (Day 2, Turn 2, Jorbles' turn)
« Reply #620 on: April 03, 2013, 09:22:39 am »

Qvist, send me cards for the pillage.  I want to pillage. 

Out of curiosity, are the dragons worth 1 reputation or 2?

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 03, 2013, 09:25:42 am »

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 03, 2013, 09:32:04 am »

Qvist, send me cards for the pillage.  I want to pillage. 

Out of curiosity, are the dragons worth 1 reputation or 2?

Sorry, I didn't understand that at first. I'll send you the cards in a second.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 03, 2013, 01:09:59 pm »

Do we draw new cards at the beginning of our turn or at the end of our previous turn? (I'm asking if I could have used the Magic Glade after I drew my cards.)

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: April 03, 2013, 01:28:44 pm »

If you read the "End of turn" section of the rulebook, you see that drawing new cards is the very last thing you do on your turn, so after using the Magic Glade. So you couldn't have used it.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 14 queries.