Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 47  All

Author Topic: Mage Knight I (Game over, theorel wins)  (Read 78246 times)

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "In search of the cities" (Day 2 starts, choosing Tactics)
« Reply #575 on: March 28, 2013, 01:32:29 pm »

Just wait what will happen when I meet someone who claims I'm not able to interact with him. (I will interact with him, but I doubt he'll ever interact again.)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 28, 2013, 01:33:27 pm »

You're a monster.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 28, 2013, 01:34:43 pm »

Empower Crystallize with the gold token for a green crystal
Empower Crystal Mastery with a blue source mana, I get back all spent crystals this turn.
Empower Concentration with green crystal and Stamina for Move 6
Move to the Monastery and provoke the diggers, fighting diggers and wolf riders.
Use the Foresters w/Leadership to block the Wolf Riders (because I can).  Take the hit from the diggers on the foresters
Play Mana Bolt using blue and red crystal for Cold Fire Attack 7, killing both the Orcs.

That should leave me with one of each crystal. +5 fame, and +2 Reputation

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "In search of the cities" (Day 2, Turn 1, theorel's turn)
« Reply #579 on: March 28, 2013, 01:45:24 pm »

Why do you have a gold token?

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 28, 2013, 01:47:57 pm »

I started the turn on a magical glade

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 28, 2013, 01:50:55 pm »

Ah, your figure covered it pretty well.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 28, 2013, 01:59:41 pm »

Re-roll
Rolled 1d6 : 2, total 2

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 28, 2013, 02:05:35 pm »

Game state: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjovnuYeeSkidG9MNFRlQW5VaTRleFQtT3dZV2k4S3c&usp=sharing

Fame: Goldyx: 10 / Norowas: 21 / Tovak: 12 / Arythea: 35
Influence: Goldyx: 0 / Norowas: 0 / Tovak: 2 / Arythea: X

Advanced Actions:
Ice Shield Ice Block 3 /// Ice Block 3. Reduce the Armor of one enemy blocked this way by 3. Armor cannot be reduced below 1.
Steady Tempo Move 2. At the end of your turn, instead of putting this card in your discard pile, you may place it on the bottom of your deed deck as long as it is not empty. /// Move 4. At the end of your turn, instead of putting this card in your discard pile, you may place it on top of your Deed deck.
Training Throw away an Action card from your hand, then take a card of the same color from the Advanced Actions offer and put it into your discard pile. /// Throw away an Action card from your hand, then take a card of the same color from the Advanced Actions offer and put it into your hand.

Spells:
Mana Meltdown / Mana Radiance Each other player must randomly choose a crystal in their Inventory to be lost. You may gain one crystal lost this way to your Inventory. Any player that had no crystal in their Inventory when you played this, takes a Wound instead. /// When you play this, choose a basic mana color. Each player, including you, takes a Wound for each crystal of that color they own. Gain two crystal of the chosen color to your Inventory.
Wings of Wind / Wings of Night When you play this, spend 1-5 Move points and move one revealed space on the map for each. You must end your move in a safe space. Moving this way does not provoke rampaging enemies. /// Play this during combat. If you entered combat with at least as many unspent Move points as the number of enemies you are facing, skip the Block and Assign Damage phases of this combat.
Restoration / Rebirth Heal 3. If you are in a forest, Heal 5 instead. /// Heal 3. If you are in a forest, Heal 5 instead. Ready up to 3 levels worth of Units. If you are in a forest, Ready up to 5 levels of Units instead.

Units:
Herbalists Cost 3 / Level 1 / Armour 2 / Recruitable in Village or Monastery / Heal 2 /// Ready a level I or II Unit /// Gain a green mana token                                   
Red Cape Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3 /// Fire Attack or Fire Block 4                                 
Utem Guardsmen Cost 5 / Level 2 / Armour 5 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack 2 /// Block 4. Any enemy blocked this way loses Swiftness.                                                                             
Utem Crossbowmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Attack 2
Herbalists Cost 3 / Level 1 / Armour 2 / Recruitable in Village or Monastery / Heal 2 /// Ready a level I or II Unit /// Gain a green mana token                                   
Peasants Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Village / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Monastery Advanced Actions                                                            
Ice Bolt Gain a blue crystal to your Inventory. /// Ranged Ice Attack 3

Common Skill Offer:
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a blue mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a red mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Bright Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 3 (during the Day) or Influence 2 (at Night)
Red Crystal Craft Once a Round: Flip this to gain one blue crystal to your Inventory, and one red mana token.
Healing Ritual Once a Round, except in combat: Flip this to throw away up to two Wounds from your hand. One of them goes to the hand of the closest hero (if tied, you choose) instead of to the Wound pile.
Prayer of Weather Once a Round: Put this Skill token in the center. Until start of your next turn, the Move cost of all terrain is reduced by 2 for you (to a minimum of 1), and is increased by 1 for all other players (to a maximum of 5). Then take this token back and flip it.                                                            
Dark Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 2 (during the Day), or Influence 3 (at Night).

Mana Source:
White / White / White / Blue / Green / Green

Map:

Arythea (Watno):
Level 6 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 16/7/6 / Tactics: 1: Early Bird                  
Crystals: Red, Red
Skills: Power of Pain Once a turn: You can play one Wound sideways, as if it were a non-Wound card. It gives +2 instead of +1. At the end of your turn, put that Wound in your discard pile.
         Burning Power Once a turn: Siege Attack 1, or Fire Siege Attack 1.
         Hot Swordsmanship Once a turn: Attack 2, or Fire Attack 2.
Units (1/3): Peasants Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Norowas (theorel):
Level 4 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 11/5/5 / Tactics: 2: Rethink When you take this Tactic, discard up to 3 cards (including Wounds) from your hand, then draw that many cards. Shuffle your discard pile back into your Deed deck.
Crystals: Red, Blue, White, Green
Skills: Leaves in the Wind Once a Round: Flip this to gain one green crystal to your Inventory, and one white mana token.
         Leadership Once a turn: When activating a Unit, add +3 to its Block, or +2 to its Attack. or +1 to its Ranged (not Siege) Attack, regardless of its elements.
Units (1/2): Foresters (wounded) Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Level 3 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 14/5/0 / Tactics: 4: Planning If at the end of your turn you have at least 2 deed cards in your hand, draw your next hand as if your hand limit is increased by one.                              
Crystals: Red, Green
Skills: Universal Power Once a turn: You may add one mana to a card played sideways. If you do, the card gives +3 instead of +1. If it is an Action or Spell card of the same color as that mana, it gives +4.
Units (1/1): Guardian Golems (wounded) Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4

Tovak (pops):
Level 3 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 14/5/0 / Tactics: 6: The Right Moment One time this Day during your turn, you can announce that you will take another turn immediately after this. If you do, flip this card face down.
Crystals: White
Skills: Double Move Once a turn: Move 2 (during the Day), or Move 1 (during the Night)                                                            
Units (2/2): Illusionists Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 2 / Recruitable in Mage Tower or Monastery / Influence 4 /// Target unfortified enemy does not attack this combat. /// Gain a white crystal to your Inventory.
                 Illusionists Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 2 / Recruitable in Mage Tower or Monastery / Influence 4 /// Target unfortified enemy does not attack this combat. /// Gain a white crystal to your Inventory.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "In search of the cities" (Day 2, Turn 1, Jorbles' turn)
« Reply #584 on: March 31, 2013, 12:20:07 pm »

Sorry about the delay. Taking my turn now.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: March 31, 2013, 12:27:54 pm »

Power Tranquility with a Green Mana die for Heal 2, healing my Guardian Golems.
Challenge the Orcs.
Use Guardian Golems Ice Block/Fire Block 4 to block all damage.
Use Universal Power and my Gold mana from the Glade to play Stamina sideways for +4 attack. Play Determination for an additional +2 attack.
Kill the Orcs for +4 fame, +1 Reputation.

Not quite levelling up, :(.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 31, 2013, 12:29:24 pm »

If that checks out here is the new die. Come onnnn not a 6.

Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 31, 2013, 01:47:45 pm »

This requires you to spend a mana.  The Fire Block requires red mana, the ice block requires blue mana.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 31, 2013, 05:32:13 pm »

What's this talk about a Glade giving mana? I thought glades heal you.  Are there two kinds?

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 31, 2013, 05:54:03 pm »

It does both:
Magical Glade
Healing Essence: If you end your turn on a magical glade, you can throw away one Wound card from your hand or discard pile. This is not the same as Healing and the effect cannot be combined with other Healing effects.
Imbued With Magic: If you start your turn on a magical glade during the Day, you gain a gold mana token. If you start your turn on a magical glade during the Night, you gain a black mana token.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 31, 2013, 06:55:51 pm »

This requires you to spend a mana.  The Fire Block requires red mana, the ice block requires blue mana.

In that case I'll use my Red Crystal to do that.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 31, 2013, 07:00:39 pm »

Use double move to explore southwards

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 31, 2013, 07:05:29 pm »

No matter what flips off that, I'll also Use Tranquility to draw 1 card

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 02, 2013, 03:00:25 am »

Game state: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjovnuYeeSkidG9MNFRlQW5VaTRleFQtT3dZV2k4S3c&usp=sharing

Fame: Goldyx: 14 / Norowas: 21 / Tovak: 12 / Arythea: 35
Influence: Goldyx: 0 / Norowas: 0 / Tovak: 2 / Arythea: X

Advanced Actions:
Ice Shield Ice Block 3 /// Ice Block 3. Reduce the Armor of one enemy blocked this way by 3. Armor cannot be reduced below 1.
Steady Tempo Move 2. At the end of your turn, instead of putting this card in your discard pile, you may place it on the bottom of your deed deck as long as it is not empty. /// Move 4. At the end of your turn, instead of putting this card in your discard pile, you may place it on top of your Deed deck.
Training Throw away an Action card from your hand, then take a card of the same color from the Advanced Actions offer and put it into your discard pile. /// Throw away an Action card from your hand, then take a card of the same color from the Advanced Actions offer and put it into your hand.

Spells:
Mana Meltdown / Mana Radiance Each other player must randomly choose a crystal in their Inventory to be lost. You may gain one crystal lost this way to your Inventory. Any player that had no crystal in their Inventory when you played this, takes a Wound instead. /// When you play this, choose a basic mana color. Each player, including you, takes a Wound for each crystal of that color they own. Gain two crystal of the chosen color to your Inventory.
Wings of Wind / Wings of Night When you play this, spend 1-5 Move points and move one revealed space on the map for each. You must end your move in a safe space. Moving this way does not provoke rampaging enemies. /// Play this during combat. If you entered combat with at least as many unspent Move points as the number of enemies you are facing, skip the Block and Assign Damage phases of this combat.
Restoration / Rebirth Heal 3. If you are in a forest, Heal 5 instead. /// Heal 3. If you are in a forest, Heal 5 instead. Ready up to 3 levels worth of Units. If you are in a forest, Ready up to 5 levels of Units instead.

Units:
Red Cape Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3 /// Fire Attack or Fire Block 4                                 
Utem Guardsmen Cost 5 / Level 2 / Armour 5 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack 2 /// Block 4. Any enemy blocked this way loses Swiftness.                                                                             
Utem Crossbowmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Attack 2
Peasants Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Village / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Monastery Advanced Actions                                                            
Ice Bolt Gain a blue crystal to your Inventory. /// Ranged Ice Attack 3

Common Skill Offer:
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a blue mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a red mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Bright Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 3 (during the Day) or Influence 2 (at Night)
Red Crystal Craft Once a Round: Flip this to gain one blue crystal to your Inventory, and one red mana token.
Healing Ritual Once a Round, except in combat: Flip this to throw away up to two Wounds from your hand. One of them goes to the hand of the closest hero (if tied, you choose) instead of to the Wound pile.
Prayer of Weather Once a Round: Put this Skill token in the center. Until start of your next turn, the Move cost of all terrain is reduced by 2 for you (to a minimum of 1), and is increased by 1 for all other players (to a maximum of 5). Then take this token back and flip it.                                                            
Dark Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 2 (during the Day), or Influence 3 (at Night).

Mana Source:
White / White / White / Blue / Red / Green

Map:

Arythea (Watno):
Level 6 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 16/7/6 / Tactics: 1: Early Bird                  
Crystals: Red, Red
Skills: Power of Pain Once a turn: You can play one Wound sideways, as if it were a non-Wound card. It gives +2 instead of +1. At the end of your turn, put that Wound in your discard pile.
         Burning Power Once a turn: Siege Attack 1, or Fire Siege Attack 1.
         Hot Swordsmanship Once a turn: Attack 2, or Fire Attack 2.
Units (1/3): Peasants Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Norowas (theorel):
Level 4 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 11/5/5 / Tactics: 2: Rethink When you take this Tactic, discard up to 3 cards (including Wounds) from your hand, then draw that many cards. Shuffle your discard pile back into your Deed deck.
Crystals: Red, Blue, White, Green
Skills: Leaves in the Wind Once a Round: Flip this to gain one green crystal to your Inventory, and one white mana token.
         Leadership Once a turn: When activating a Unit, add +3 to its Block, or +2 to its Attack. or +1 to its Ranged (not Siege) Attack, regardless of its elements.
Units (1/2): Foresters (wounded) Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Level 3 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 10/6/3 / Tactics: 4: Planning If at the end of your turn you have at least 2 deed cards in your hand, draw your next hand as if your hand limit is increased by one.                              
Crystals: Green
Skills: Universal Power Once a turn: You may add one mana to a card played sideways. If you do, the card gives +3 instead of +1. If it is an Action or Spell card of the same color as that mana, it gives +4.
Units (1/1): Guardian Golems (wounded) Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4

Tovak (pops):
Level 3 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 14/5/0 / Tactics: 6: The Right Moment One time this Day during your turn, you can announce that you will take another turn immediately after this. If you do, flip this card face down.
Crystals: White
Skills: Double Move Once a turn: Move 2 (during the Day), or Move 1 (during the Night)                                                            
Units (2/2): Illusionists Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 2 / Recruitable in Mage Tower or Monastery / Influence 4 /// Target unfortified enemy does not attack this combat. /// Gain a white crystal to your Inventory.
                 Illusionists Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 2 / Recruitable in Mage Tower or Monastery / Influence 4 /// Target unfortified enemy does not attack this combat. /// Gain a white crystal to your Inventory.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "In search of the cities" (Day 2, Turn 1, pops' turn)
« Reply #594 on: April 02, 2013, 03:05:43 am »

Red City
Dragon with 9 Fire Attack, 7 Armour, Fire and Physical Resistance, 8 Fame
Dragon with 6 Cold Fire Attack, 9 Armour, Fire and Ice Resistance, 9 Fame
Ruin with Brown and Purple Enemy for Spell and Crystals
Red Crystal Mine

Edit: I forgot to remove the Orc, it's correct in the next update.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 03:09:18 am by Qvist »

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 02, 2013, 09:46:23 am »

Play Mana Draw.
Begin interacting with the locals, Influence +2 from rep.
Exhaust both illusionists, Influence +8.
Take a white mana from the source to power Promise, Influence +4
Take a White mana from the source to power Heroic Tale, Influence +6.
2+8+4+6=20 Influence.
Recruit Herbalists, disbanding Illusionists. (17)
Exhaust Herbalists to gain a Green Mana crystal.
Recruit Peasants, disbanding Herbalists.  (13)
Exhaust Peasants for Influence 2.          (15)
Recruit Herbalists, disbanding Peasants   (12)
Exhaust Herbalists to gain a Green Mana crystal.
Recruit Utem Crossbowmen, disbanding Herbalists (6)
Recruit Utem Swordsmen, disbanding Illusionists (1)

Definitely need for Qvist to look over that before I roll the mana dice.  But if that all checks out, I'll get fame +5 and rep +5 at end of turn.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 02, 2013, 10:32:42 am »

Guardsmen not Swordsmen right?

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 02, 2013, 10:33:57 am »

Also, and this is way more important:
Herbalists give Mana Tokens not Mana Crystals

You could use them with the Illusionists to gain white crystals.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 02, 2013, 01:59:46 pm »

Guardsmen, not swordsmen.

Swap out the Green "crystals" for White crystals like theorel suggested.  Normally I'd chastise him for helping his opponents, but I had already noticed the trick on my own, I just had a slight preference for Green.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 02, 2013, 04:33:58 pm »

Mana-reroll
Rolled 2d6 : 6, 2, total 8

You level up. Choose:

Night Sharpshooting Once a turn: Ranged attack 1 (durng the Day), or Ranged attack 2 (during the Night)
Cold Swordsmanship Once a turn: Attack 2, or Ice attack 2

or any Skill from the Offer and choose an Advanced Action.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 14 queries.