Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 47  All

Author Topic: Mage Knight I (Game over, theorel wins)  (Read 78240 times)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

I didn't know you had an artifact.  That changes things.

Jorbles, we need to form a coalition.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

I didn't know you had an artifact.  That changes things.

Jorbles, we need to form a coalition.

I don't really see how it would work without PvP, but I am down in spirit.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

I think we are allowed to conquer cities jointly even without pvp.  You're kinda geographically far though.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Oh that's a good point. Okay yes, if we get to jointly conquer a city I am interested.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

i'm trying to read the city assault rules but the rulebook doesn't load all the pages for some reason :(

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Qvist, I think you gave me Fame+2 but not Reputation+2 for my last turn.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

If Jorbles and I conquer a city, can we exclude theorel and Watno, boys' club treehouse style?

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile

I'm not sure how you mean...
when conquering a city, you don't need to include us, even if we are adjacent.
Once conquered, we may go interact there, just like how you can interact at conquered mage towers.
You get a benefit when interacting at a city according to how many shields you have (+1 influence per shield I think?)  You get 1 shield per defender you defeat.

You also get bonus VP at the end for each conquered city (+7 for each city you are leader of (i.e. you have majority shields there, ties broken by whoever defeated first defender) +4 for any other city where you have a shield, and player with most VP from this gets a +5 bonus as well).

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile

Are there any special rules in the open map about core tile placement?
There's a rule in the "wedge" set-up that core tiles can't be coastal...but I don't see anything in the open map.
Also, should we know anything about when core tiles are coming up?  or are they just like the countryside tiles on the back?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Ok.
Well if we conquer one of the cities that cost lots of influence to get special effects, we can maybe be the only ones to use it effectively since theorel and Watno won't have any shields.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Qvist, I think you gave me Fame+2 but not Reputation+2 for my last turn.

That's right. Feel free to correct me. It's hard to keep track of everything.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Are villages the only thing that you can pillage?

Corollary question: does that have to do with rhyme?

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Are there any special rules in the open map about core tile placement?
There's a rule in the "wedge" set-up that core tiles can't be coastal...but I don't see anything in the open map.
Also, should we know anything about when core tiles are coming up?  or are they just like the countryside tiles on the back?

Actually I didn't even remember the coast placement rule.
There are 11 Countryside tiles and 7 Core tiles. When the 11 Countryside tiles are gone, the Core tiles will be placed.
The 4 Countryside tiles currently forming the border are the 4 remaining ones.

Are villages the only thing that you can pillage?

Burning down a Monastery is the only thing that's similar to that.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Does that mean there is a zero chance that the next exploration finds a city? 

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Oh good, the one thing that's really hard to block.

Let my Golems eat 3 damage for. Take 2 wounds for the remaining 4 damage.

Play Rage, Rage, and Determination for 2 attack each (total: 6) killing the Werewolf.

Gain some amount of fame
(I can't read the tile). Gain a level. Gain 2 rewards as determined by these dice rolls:

Rolled 2d6 : 3, 4, total 7

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

3 = Red Crystal
4 = Green Crystal

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Oh and umm I forgot to finish this sentence, but my Golems are now wounded.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile

You get 5 fame.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Yes, there's a zero chance that the next 4 explorations will find a city. Then the chance is 4/7

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Jorbles we're going to have to call the joint city thing off for now then.  I think I want to head south.  It might be wise of me to attack theorel's keep, but I'm not sure I want to.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile

(now that I've gotten an answer it's easier to find the rules)
Yes, we need to explore 4 more "countryside" tiles before we can get a chance of a city.
After that each exploration will be a core tile. There are 7 "Core" tiles, 4 with cities 3 without.

After that, I think we can't explore any more.

Also, in case anyone didn't notice: the game goes 3 days and 3 nights (or until all cities have been conquered).  So we are almost 1/3 of the way through the game time (of course, each round is longer than the previous as we get more cards, so we're really less than 1/3 of the way through)

All good stuff to know.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Jorbles we're going to have to call the joint city thing off for now then.  I think I want to head south.  It might be wise of me to attack theorel's keep, but I'm not sure I want to.

Do it!

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

The loss of reputation is annoying.  But, I guess I probably ought to do it

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "Arythea's destructiveness" (Night 1, Turn 3, pops' turn)
« Reply #474 on: March 22, 2013, 05:28:20 pm »

Game state: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjovnuYeeSkidG9MNFRlQW5VaTRleFQtT3dZV2k4S3c&usp=sharing

Fame: Goldyx: 10 / Norowas: 16 / Tovak: 12 / Arythea: 19
Influence: Goldyx: 0 / Norowas: 0 / Tovak: 2 / Arythea: -3

Advanced Actions:
Training Throw away an Action card from your hand, then take a card of the same color from the Advanced Actions offer and put it into your discard pile. /// Throw away an Action card from your hand, then take a card of the same color from the Advanced Actions offer and put it into your hand.
Path Finding Move 2. The Move cost of all terrains is reduced by 1, to a minimum of 2, this turn. /// Move 4. The Move cost of all terrains is reduced to 2 this turn.
Into the Heat Play this card at the start of the combat. All of your Units get their Attack and Block values increased by 2 this combat. You cannot assign damage to Units this turn. /// Play this card at the start of the combat. All of your Units get their Attack and Block values increased by 3 this combat. You cannot assign damage to Units this turn.

Spells:
Restoration / Rebirth Heal 3. If you are in a forest, Heal 5 instead. /// Heal 3. If you are in a forest, Heal 5 instead. Ready up to 3 levels worth of Units. If you are in a forest, Ready up to 5 levels of Units instead.   
Meditation / Trance Randomly pick two cards from your discard pile and place them either on the top or bottom of your Deed deck. At the end of this turn, draw two cards over your hand limit. /// Same as the basic effect, except you choose the cards instead of picking them randomly.
Flame Wall / Flame Wave Fire Attack 5 or Fire Block 7 /// Fire Attack 5 or Fire Block 7. This attack or block gets increased by 2 for each enemy token you are facing.

Units:
Savage Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3   /// Siege Attack 4
empty
Foresters Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3
empty
Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4
Utem Swordsmen Cost   6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Attack or Block 6. This Unit becomes Wounded.                                 

Monastery Advanced Actions                                                            
None

Common Skill Offer:
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a blue mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a red mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Bright Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 3 (during the Day) or Influence 2 (at Night)
Red Crystal Craft Once a Round: Flip this to gain one blue crystal to your Inventory, and one red mana token.
Healing Ritual Once a Round, except in combat: Flip this to throw away up to two Wounds from your hand. One of them goes to the hand of the closest hero (if tied, you choose) instead of to the Wound pile.
Prayer of Weather Once a Round: Put this Skill token in the center. Until start of your next turn, the Move cost of all terrain is reduced by 2 for you (to a minimum of 1), and is increased by 1 for all other players (to a maximum of 5). Then take this token back and flip it.                                                            

Mana Source:
Gold / Gold / Gold / Gold / Gold / Gold

Map:

Arythea (Watno):
Level 4 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 7/5/12 / Tactics: 2: Long Night One time this Night, if your Deed deck is empty, you may shuffle your discard pile and put 3 cards at random back into your Deed deck. Then flip this card face down.                  
Crystals: None
Skills: Power of Pain Once a turn: You can play one Wound sideways, as if it were a non-Wound card. It gives +2 instead of +1. At the end of your turn, put that Wound in your discard pile.
         Burning Power Once a turn: Siege Attack 1, or Fire Siege Attack 1.
Units (1/2): Peasants Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Tovak (pops):
Level 3 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 2/5/12 / Tactics: 4: Midnight Meditation One time this Night, before any of your turns, you may shuffle up to 5 cards (including Wounds) from your hand back into your Deed deck and then draw that many cards. Then, flip this card face down.
Crystals: None
Skills: Double Move Once a turn: Move 2 (during the Day), or Move 1 (during the Night)                                                            
Units (1/2): Utem Crossbowmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Attack 2

Norowas (theorel):
Level 4 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/5/15 / Tactics: 5: Preparation When you take this Tactic, search your deck for any one card and put it into your hand, then shuffle your deck.
Crystals: Red, Blue, White
Skills: Leaves in the Wind Once a Round: Flip this to gain one green crystal to your Inventory, and one white mana token.
         Leadership Once a turn: When activating a Unit, add +3 to its Block, or +2 to its Attack. or +1 to its Ranged (not Siege) Attack, regardless of its elements.
Units (1/2): Foresters Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Level 3 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 5/6/9 / Tactics: 6: Sparing Power Once before the start of each of your turns, choose one: Put the top card of your Deed deck face down under this card, or flip this card face down and put all Deed cards under it into your hand.                              
Crystals: Red, Green
Skills: Universal Power Once a turn: You may add one mana to a card played sideways. If you do, the card gives +3 instead of +1. If it is an Action or Spell card of the same color as that mana, it gives +4.
Units (1/1): Guardian Golems (wounded) Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 17 queries.