Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 47  All

Author Topic: Mage Knight I (Game over, theorel wins)  (Read 78239 times)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "Arythea's destructiveness" (Night 1, Turn 3, pops' turn)
« Reply #425 on: March 22, 2013, 11:24:54 am »

Play Mana Draw sideways and use Double Move to get move 2.  Move to the Mage Tower. 
Interact with Mage Tower, getting +1 Influence due to reputation.
Use white mana from the source to power Heroic Tale (Influence +6, +1 Fame and +1 Influence for each unit I recruit this turn)
Recruit Illusionists
Activate the Illusionists immediately for Influence 4.
Play Horn of Plenty Wrath, Stamina, and March, all three sideways, all for Influence.  Total +3.
Recruit Illusionists, disbanding my Utem Crossbowmen.

+2 fame and +2 rep at end of turn!

reroll the mana die
Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 22, 2013, 11:26:26 am »

Unbelievable.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 22, 2013, 11:27:26 am »

You need to roll like this during the day!

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 22, 2013, 11:30:11 am »

Well, I go back to my planned action.
Play 2 Staminas and sideways threaten to move to the dungeon north of me
Play crystallize to duplicate the blue crystal
enter dungeon
Kill the monster with a mana bolt powered with white & blue mana crystals

Note: if it's a Crypt Worm I take 2 wounds...otherwise I should be clear.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 22, 2013, 11:31:39 am »

I was really hoping you'd roll green, and I'd be able to kill the crypt worm without taking wounds also.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 22, 2013, 11:53:44 am »

Roll for theorel's reward.
Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 22, 2013, 11:59:30 am »

Note: I'm going to need to know the new advanced action before I can do my level up also...

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 22, 2013, 12:02:21 pm »

Can we get the text of all artifacts once they're used? pops, what does Horn of Plenty do?

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 22, 2013, 12:04:10 pm »

Game state: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjovnuYeeSkidG9MNFRlQW5VaTRleFQtT3dZV2k4S3c&usp=sharing

Fame: Goldyx: 5 / Norowas: 16 / Tovak: 12 / Arythea: 19
Influence: Goldyx: 0 / Norowas: 0 / Tovak: 1 / Arythea: -3

Advanced Actions:
Path Finding Move 2. The Move cost of all terrains is reduced by 1, to a minimum of 2, this turn. /// Move 4. The Move cost of all terrains is reduced to 2 this turn.
Learning Influence 2. Once during this turn, you may pay Influence 6 to gain an Advanced Action card from the Advanced Actions offer to your discard pile. /// Influence 4. Once during this turn, you may pay Influence 9 to gain an Advanced Action card from the Advanced Actions offer to your hand.
Into the Heat Play this card at the start of the combat. All of your Units get their Attack and Block values increased by 2 this combat. You cannot assign damage to Units this turn. /// Play this card at the start of the combat. All of your Units get their Attack and Block values increased by 3 this combat. You cannot assign damage to Units this turn.

Spells:
Restoration / Rebirth Heal 3. If you are in a forest, Heal 5 instead. /// Heal 3. If you are in a forest, Heal 5 instead. Ready up to 3 levels worth of Units. If you are in a forest, Ready up to 5 levels of Units instead.   
Meditation / Trance Randomly pick two cards from your discard pile and place them either on the top or bottom of your Deed deck. At the end of this turn, draw two cards over your hand limit. /// Same as the basic effect, except you choose the cards instead of picking them randomly.
Flame Wall / Flame Wave Fire Attack 5 or Fire Block 7 /// Fire Attack 5 or Fire Block 7. This attack or block gets increased by 2 for each enemy token you are facing.

Units:
Savage Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3   /// Siege Attack 4
empty
Foresters Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3
empty
Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4
Utem Swordsmen Cost   6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Attack or Block 6. This Unit becomes Wounded.                                 

Monastery Advanced Actions                                                            
None

Common Skill Offer:
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a blue mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a red mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Bright Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 3 (during the Day) or Influence 2 (at Night)
Red Crystal Craft Once a Round: Flip this to gain one blue crystal to your Inventory, and one red mana token.
Healing Ritual Once a Round, except in combat: Flip this to throw away up to two Wounds from your hand. One of them goes to the hand of the closest hero (if tied, you choose) instead of to the Wound pile.                                                            

Mana Source:
Gold / Gold / Gold / Gold / Gold / Gold

Map:

Arythea (Watno):
Level 4 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 7/5/12 / Tactics: 2: Long Night One time this Night, if your Deed deck is empty, you may shuffle your discard pile and put 3 cards at random back into your Deed deck. Then flip this card face down.                  
Crystals: None
Skills: Power of Pain Once a turn: You can play one Wound sideways, as if it were a non-Wound card. It gives +2 instead of +1. At the end of your turn, put that Wound in your discard pile.
         Burning Power Once a turn: Siege Attack 1, or Fire Siege Attack 1.
Units (1/2): Peasants Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Tovak (pops):
Level 3 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 2/5/12 / Tactics: 4: Midnight Meditation One time this Night, before any of your turns, you may shuffle up to 5 cards (including Wounds) from your hand back into your Deed deck and then draw that many cards. Then, flip this card face down.
Skills: Double Move Once a turn: Move 2 (during the Day), or Move 1 (during the Night)                                                            
Units (1/2): Utem Crossbowmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Attack 2

Norowas (theorel):
Level 4 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/5/15 / Tactics: 5: Preparation When you take this Tactic, search your deck for any one card and put it into your hand, then shuffle your deck.
Crystals: Red, Blue, White
Skills: Leaves in the Wind Once a Round: Flip this to gain one green crystal to your Inventory, and one white mana token.
         Pending
Units (1/2): Foresters Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Level 2 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 5 (2)/5/6 / Tactics: 6: Sparing Power Once before the start of each of your turns, choose one: Put the top card of your Deed deck face down under this card, or flip this card face down and put all Deed cards under it into your hand.                              
Skills: Universal Power Once a turn: You may add one mana to a card played sideways. If you do, the card gives +3 instead of +1. If it is an Action or Spell card of the same color as that mana, it gives +4.
Units (1/1): Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 12:14:04 pm by Qvist »

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

This was the enemy theorel destroyed with a Ranged Ice Attack.

You level up. Choose:

Prayer of Weather Once a Round: Put this Skill token in the center. Until start of your next turn, the Move cost of all terrain is reduced by 2 for you (to a minimum of 1), and is increased by 1 for all other players (to a maximum of 5). Then take this token back and flip it.
Leadership Once a turn: When activating a Unit, add +3 to its Block, or +2 to its Attack. or +1 to its Ranged (not Siege) Attack, regardless of its elements.

or any Skill from the Offer and an Advanced Action.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: March 22, 2013, 12:07:09 pm »

Can we get the text of all artifacts once they're used? pops, what does Horn of Plenty do?

Horn of Wrath Siege Attack 6. Roll a mana die. If you roll black or red, you get a Wound. /// Siege Attack 5. You may add up to +5 to this Siege Attack. For each +1 you added roll a mana die. You get a Wound for each black or red rolled.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

I'd like to take a moment to point out that Watno is still winning, and Watno is also using the Long Night tactic.  It's crucial that someone call end of round as soon as possible.  I would if I could but I can't.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile

This was the enemy theorel destroyed with a Ranged Ice Attack.

You level up. Choose:

Prayer of Weather Once a Round: Put this Skill token in the center. Until start of your next turn, the Move cost of all terrain is reduced by 2 for you (to a minimum of 1), and is increased by 1 for all other players (to a maximum of 5). Then take this token back and flip it.
Leadership Once a turn: When activating a Unit, add +3 to its Block, or +2 to its Attack. or +1 to its Ranged (not Siege) Attack, regardless of its elements.

or any Skill from the Offer and an Advanced Action.

Tough choice.  I think I'll take Learning and Leadership.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

He posted an image of the game board, with that enemy visible next to your hero

Wait, I could have sworn I was answering a post where theorel was asking about what enemy he killed.  Where'd it go?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 12:42:07 pm by popsofctown »

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile

I saw it after posting, and ninja-edited my post.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

I put all cards from Sparing Power into my hand.

I enter the Monster Den.
What do I fight?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

You were not ninja enough though.  I still managed to explain in time.  It still counts.

Don't take away from me the imaginary respect that I give to myself in the forum games subforum because theory won't let me get real ephemeral respect in the forum games subforum.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile

Also, although watno has the highest fame at the moment, I think I'm technically winning at this point.
He has gained something around 4 wounds?  Which is -8 points at the end of the game.
The other end-game scores are pretty similar at this stage I think.
We're tied on greatest leader, pops and jorbles winning.
I'm not sure about knowledge...I think we're tied with a spell +2 advanced actions each.
We're tied on conqueror.
We're tied on adventurer.
We're tied on loot.

So, If the game ended immediately, I would win by around 8 points (since watno would get -3 for "greatest beating" in addition to the -2 per wound).

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile

Note: I'm really bad at the whole "persuade everyone to gang up on the apparent leader"-type games.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

What's up with that werewolf in the unexplored territory?

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile

That's what pops is referencing here...

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

That's what pops is referencing here...

Ohhh, gotcha.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Note: I'm really bad at the whole "persuade everyone to gang up on the apparent leader"-type games.
You are.

Like Dominion, the player who currently has the most victory points is not necessarily the player who has the best chance of winning at that point.
Watno's power of pain skill means that all of Watno's wounds give him +2 in whatever category he wants.  That means as long as he doesn't draw them together, they are about as good as Improvisation.  The negative VP associated with those wounds is worth it because they allow him to build his character and acquire other forms of VP.  Furthermore, he can just wait until the very last round of the game and trash some or all of them.

Watno has an artifact, theorel does not.  Artifacts are pretty powerful, you saw mine, it costs 0 mana to get Siege Attack 6 with only a 1/3 risk of getting wounded. 
Watno has the highest fame, which means he's closest to the next level up, which means he's closer to upgrading his "engine" further.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile

I have -3 rep as well

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile

I agree that the player with the most points is not necessarily the player who has the best chance of winning.  Power of pain seems really good, but those wounds may still come back to hurt him.

Also, I do have an artifact (from my dungeon raid, just now)

Oh, he does have one more advanced action than me right now (I forgot about the one he purchased from the monastery).
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.