Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 47  All

Author Topic: Mage Knight I (Game over, theorel wins)  (Read 78190 times)

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile

Bah, this lack of mana sucks.

Set aside a card.

Discard Stamina, Threaten, Crystallize.

Just to be sure. You could use black mana to use Universal Power. But only for the +3 bonus of course.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

It may just be non-obvious on the current map, but since I can see my shield token on the mage tower, I figured I'd ask...do Arythea and Tovak have shield tokens on the ruins they're at?

I forgot about those because the Shields are only for counting the points at the end of the game.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Bah, this lack of mana sucks.

Set aside a card.

Discard Stamina, Threaten, Crystallize.

Just to be sure. You could use black mana to use Universal Power. But only for the +3 bonus of course.

Cool, that's good to know, but I'll still discard those cards. That may be useful next turn though.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile

I fear I might regret what I'm gonna do now.
Play Swiftness and use Peasants for Move 4 to move to Monastery.
Play Concentration to gain a red mana. (unless this can be done after seeing my opponent)
Attempt to burn Monastery (-3 Rep)

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Come onnnnnn super monks!

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Play Swiftness and use Peasants for Move 4 to move to Monastery.
Play Concentration to gain a red mana. (unless this can be done after seeing my opponent)
Attempt to burn Monastery (-3 Rep)

Ok, after all the fiery blitzing Watno has done, I'm convinced the antichrist has come

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile

We need special PvP where we can build reputation by attacking watno :P  (I'm sure the townsfolk would appreciate it if we put down that menace ;))

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile

Are you sure you wanna attack the guy with the fireball who kills innocent monks?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

I wish Watno had a keep so I could attack it.  Best I can do is try to draft stuff I think he wants.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile

I think my mana thunderbolt could take you out :)  (or rather, we'd both die painful deaths and pops/Jorbles would win...)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Jorbles is definitely a sleeper cantidate for victory.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile

Yeah, take away the units I'd take. O wait.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Nobody wants to be your unit now, Watno.  Nobody likes you.

Especially not the Savage Monks.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile

Actually, the villagers should be thankful. I wouldn't wanna live next to savage monks.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

They're not really that Savage unless you use green mana to drive them crazy.  And green mana is not a very common thing in this land.  Because, you know.  You destroyed all the mana.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

unless this can be done after seeing my opponent

I'm pretty sure you can do this later.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile

Play Concentration for Red Mana
Unleash Fire Storm with red mana just taken and black die from source, killing the Fire Mages
(Since this is a red card, and they do have Fire Resistance, do I not get a wound?)
Discard Promise (that one won't get me far anyway)
End of Turn, rerolling black die
Rolled 1d6 : 2, total 2

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile

Hey, that's not black or gold. This RNG is broken.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Burning Power Once a turn: Siege Attack 1, or Fire Siege Attack 1.
Healing Ritual Once a Round, except in combat: Flip this to throw away up to two Wounds from your hand. One of them goes to the hand of the closest hero (if tied, you choose) instead of to the Wound pile.

You level up. Choose a skill and an Advanced Action

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

do I not get a wound?

I don't understand. Why shouldn't you get one?

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "Arythea's destructiveness" (Night 1, Turn 3, pops' turn)
« Reply #420 on: March 22, 2013, 10:14:22 am »

Because Fire Resistance ignores non-attack effects from red cards (ok, it makes sense that ot ignores effects that affect the monster only, but was worth a try :P).
I also get an artifact.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 22, 2013, 10:28:00 am »

Play Tranquility to draw a card and see what I want to do from there

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "Darkness covers the land" (Night 1, Turn 2, pops' turn)
« Reply #422 on: March 22, 2013, 10:28:16 am »

Game state: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjovnuYeeSkidG9MNFRlQW5VaTRleFQtT3dZV2k4S3c&usp=sharing

Fame: Goldyx: 5 / Norowas: 11 / Tovak: 10 / Arythea: 19
Influence: Goldyx: 0 / Norowas: 0 / Tovak: 1 / Arythea: -3

Advanced Actions:
Learning Influence 2. Once during this turn, you may pay Influence 6 to gain an Advanced Action card from the Advanced Actions offer to your discard pile. /// Influence 4. Once during this turn, you may pay Influence 9 to gain an Advanced Action card from the Advanced Actions offer to your hand.
Into the Heat Play this card at the start of the combat. All of your Units get their Attack and Block values increased by 2 this combat. You cannot assign damage to Units this turn. /// Play this card at the start of the combat. All of your Units get their Attack and Block values increased by 3 this combat. You cannot assign damage to Units this turn.
Blood Ritual Take a Wound. Gain a red mana token and a mana token of any color (including non-basic). /// Take a Wound. Gain three mana tokens of any colors (including non-basic).

Spells:
Restoration / Rebirth Heal 3. If you are in a forest, Heal 5 instead. /// Heal 3. If you are in a forest, Heal 5 instead. Ready up to 3 levels worth of Units. If you are in a forest, Ready up to 5 levels of Units instead.   
Meditation / Trance Randomly pick two cards from your discard pile and place them either on the top or bottom of your Deed deck. At the end of this turn, draw two cards over your hand limit. /// Same as the basic effect, except you choose the cards instead of picking them randomly.
Flame Wall / Flame Wave Fire Attack 5 or Fire Block 7 /// Fire Attack 5 or Fire Block 7. This attack or block gets increased by 2 for each enemy token you are facing.

Units:
Savage Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3   /// Siege Attack 4
Illusionists Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 2 / Recruitable in Mage Tower or Monastery / Influence 4 /// Target unfortified enemy does not attack this combat. /// Gain a white crystal to your Inventory.
Foresters Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3
Illusionists Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 2 / Recruitable in Mage Tower or Monastery /    Influence 4 /// Target unfortified enemy does not attack this combat. /// Gain a white crystal to your Inventory.
Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4
Utem Swordsmen Cost   6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Attack or Block 6. This Unit becomes Wounded.                                 

Monastery Advanced Actions                                                            
None

Common Skill Offer:
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a blue mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a red mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Bright Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 3 (during the Day) or Influence 2 (at Night)
Red Crystal Craft Once a Round: Flip this to gain one blue crystal to your Inventory, and one red mana token.
Pending

Mana Source:
Gold / Gold / Gold / Gold / Gold / White

Map:

Arythea (Watno):
Level 4 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 7/5/12 / Tactics: 2: Long Night One time this Night, if your Deed deck is empty, you may shuffle your discard pile and put 3 cards at random back into your Deed deck. Then flip this card face down.                  
Crystals: None
Skills: Power of Pain Once a turn: You can play one Wound sideways, as if it were a non-Wound card. It gives +2 instead of +1. At the end of your turn, put that Wound in your discard pile.
         Pending                                                            
Units (1/2): Peasants Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Tovak (pops):
Level 3 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 8/5/6 / Tactics: 4: Midnight Meditation One time this Night, before any of your turns, you may shuffle up to 5 cards (including Wounds) from your hand back into your Deed deck and then draw that many cards. Then, flip this card face down.
Skills: Double Move Once a turn: Move 2 (during the Day), or Move 1 (during the Night)                                                            
Units (1/2): Utem Crossbowmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Attack 2

Norowas (theorel):
Level 3 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 3/5/10 / Tactics: 5: Preparation When you take this Tactic, search your deck for any one card and put it into your hand, then shuffle your deck.
Crystals: Red, Blue, White, White
Skills: Leaves in the Wind Once a Round: Flip this to gain one green crystal to your Inventory, and one white mana token.
Units (1/2): Foresters Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Level 2 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 5 (2)/5/6 / Tactics: 6: Sparing Power Once before the start of each of your turns, choose one: Put the top card of your Deed deck face down under this card, or flip this card face down and put all Deed cards under it into your hand.                              
Skills: Universal Power Once a turn: You may add one mana to a card played sideways. If you do, the card gives +3 instead of +1. If it is an Action or Spell card of the same color as that mana, it gives +4.
Units (1/1): Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 22, 2013, 10:36:10 am »

I take Burning power, Blood Ritual, and Artifact as per PM.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Jorbles is definitely a sleeper cantidate for victory.

I don't know about that, but I appreciate your confidence.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 16 queries.