Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 47  All

Author Topic: Mage Knight I (Game over, theorel wins)  (Read 78209 times)

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "Darkness covers the land" (Start of Night 1)
« Reply #325 on: March 18, 2013, 09:18:53 pm »

Then I'll take Sparing Power.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 18, 2013, 09:23:31 pm »

Yeah, keeps are pretty cool.

Basically anything you attack gives a bonus of some sort, as follows (this is all in the first post, but this is a summary of just the rewards)
(-3 reputation)
Burning a Monastery: Artifact

(-1 reputation)
Mage Tower: free spell
Keep: extra cards
City: extra cards, and bonus influence within the city according to the # of defenders you personally defeated.

(0 reputation)
Ruins: bonus varies according to ruin tile, can be spell, artifact, advanced action, free unit, etc
Dungeon: Spell (33%) OR Artifact (66%)
Monster Den: 2 random mana crystals (or fame if black)
Spawning Grounds: Artifact + 3 random mana crystals
Tomb: Spell AND Artifact

Marauding Orcs: +1 Reputation (that's it)
Draconum: +2 Reputation (that's it)

Those are all the situations in which you can fight enemies.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 18, 2013, 09:29:14 pm »

And I thought I was just taking the Keep so I could become more famous and steal their Golems.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 18, 2013, 09:29:37 pm »

I did read the rules, but apparently I forgot a lot of what I read after I read them.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 18, 2013, 09:48:39 pm »

Well, there were a lot of rules...:)

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: March 19, 2013, 04:41:26 am »

theorel takes Diabolic Tutor Preparation and Jorbles takes Native Village Sparing Power. Watno's next.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 19, 2013, 09:51:22 am »

TECHNICALLY doesn't theorel select the card he wants to search for before he finds out what the next tactic choice is?

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 19, 2013, 09:52:41 am »

TECHNICALLY doesn't theorel select the card he wants to search for before he finds out what the next tactic choice is?

He did.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 19, 2013, 10:04:59 am »

Ill take Long Night.

That makes me go first:
Play Stamina for Move 2 to go to Monastery.
Play Threaten with red crystal from Inventory and Wound for Influence 7 to gain Mana Storm.
Play Crystallize, paying a blue mana from source to get a blue crystal.

Reroll blue die:
Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "The first dusk" (Day 1, Turn 5, theorel's turn)
« Reply #334 on: March 19, 2013, 11:28:14 am »

Game state: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjovnuYeeSkidG9MNFRlQW5VaTRleFQtT3dZV2k4S3c&usp=sharing

Fame: Goldyx: 5 / Norowas: 4 / Tovak: 4 / Arythea: 7
Influence: Goldyx: 0 / Norowas: 0 / Tovak: 1 / Arythea: -1

Advanced Actions:
Learning Influence 2. Once during this turn, you may pay Influence 6 to gain an Advanced Action card from the Advanced Actions offer to your discard pile. /// Influence 4. Once during this turn, you may pay Influence 9 to gain an Advanced Action card from the Advanced Actions offer to your hand.
Into the Heat Play this card at the start of the combat. All of your Units get their Attack and Block values increased by 2 this combat. You cannot assign damage to Units this turn. /// Play this card at the start of the combat. All of your Units get their Attack and Block values increased by 3 this combat. You cannot assign damage to Units this turn.
Blood Ritual Take a Wound. Gain a red mana token and a mana token of any color (including non-basic). /// Take a Wound. Gain three mana tokens of any colors (including non-basic).

Spells:
Meditation / Trance Randomly pick two cards from your discard pile and place them either on the top or bottom of your Deed deck. At the end of this turn, draw two cards over your hand limit. /// Same as the basic effect, except you choose the cards instead of picking them randomly.
Flame Wall / Flame Wave Fire Attack 5 or Fire Block 7 /// Fire Attack 5 or Fire Block 7. This attack or block gets increased by 2 for each enemy token you are facing.
Mana Bolt / Mana Thunderbolt When you play this, pay a mana. If you paid blue, Ice Attack 8. If you paid red, Cold Fire Attack 7. If you paid white, Ranged Ice Attack 6. If you paid green, Siege Ice Attack 5. /// When you play this, pay a mana. If you paid blue, Ice Attack 11. If you paid red, Cold Fire Attack 10. If you paid white, Ranged Ice Attack 9. If you paid green, Siege Ice Attack 8.   

Units:
Savage Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3   /// Siege Attack 4
Illusionists Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 2 / Recruitable in Mage Tower or Monastery / Influence 4 /// Target unfortified enemy does not attack this combat. /// Gain a white crystal to your Inventory.
Foresters Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3
Illusionists Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 2 / Recruitable in Mage Tower or Monastery /    Influence 4 /// Target unfortified enemy does not attack this combat. /// Gain a white crystal to your Inventory.
Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4
Utem Swordsmen Cost   6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Attack or Block 6. This Unit becomes Wounded.                                 

Monastery Advanced Actions                                                            
None

Common Skill Offer:
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a blue mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a red mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Bright Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 3 (during the Day) or Influence 2 (at Night)
Red Crystal Craft Once a Round: Flip this to gain one blue crystal to your Inventory, and one red mana token.

Mana Source:
Red / White / Gold / Blue / Blue / White

Map:

Arythea (Watno):
Level 1 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 12/5/4 / Tactics: 2: Long Night One time this Night, if your Deed deck is empty, you may shuffle your discard pile and put 3 cards at random back into your Deed deck. Then flip this card face down.                  
Crystals: Red, Blue
Skills: Power of Pain Once a turn: You can play one Wound sideways, as if it were a non-Wound card. It gives +2 instead of +1. At the end of your turn, put that Wound in your discard pile.                                                            
Units (1/1): Peasants Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Tovak (pops):
Level 1 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 13/5/0 / Tactics: 4: Midnight Meditation One time this Night, before any of your turns, you may shuffle up to 5 cards (including Wounds) from your hand back into your Deed deck and then draw that many cards. Then, flip this card face down.
Crystals: None
Skills: Double Move Once a turn: Move 2 (during the Day), or Move 1 (during the Night)                                                            
Units (1/1): Utem Crossbowmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Attack 2
[/quote]

Norowas (theorel):
Level 1 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 11/6/0 / Tactics: 5: Preparation When you take this Tactic, search your deck for any one card and put it into your hand, then shuffle your deck.
Crystals: Blue, Blue, White, White, White
Skills: Leaves in the Wind Once a Round: Flip this to gain one green crystal to your Inventory, and one white mana token.
Units (1/1): Foresters Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Level 1 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 13/6/0 / Tactics: 6: Sparing Power Once before the start of each of your turns, choose one: Put the top card of your Deed deck face down under this card, or flip this card face down and put all Deed cards under it into your hand.                              
Skills: Universal Power Once a turn: You may add one mana to a card played sideways. If you do, the card gives +3 instead of +1. If it is an Action or Spell card of the same color as that mana, it gives +4.
Units (1/1): Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "Darkness covers the land" (Night 1, Turn 1, pops' turn)
« Reply #335 on: March 19, 2013, 02:31:41 pm »

Take blue mana from the source to power Crystallization, gaining a green mana crystal.  End my turn. 

Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 19, 2013, 02:34:01 pm »

I shouldn't have the red crystal any more

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 19, 2013, 03:00:39 pm »

Use Green Mana from source to empower March for move 4
Play Tranquility sideways for move 1
Flip Leaves in the Wind for a white token and green crystal
Empower Crystallize with a blue crystal from inventory to gain a red crystal.
Move to the space under the poisonous orcs, and provoke them.
Use white mana token to empower Swiftness for Ranged Attack 3.
Use a white crystal to empower my other swiftness for Ranged Attack 3.
Defeat the orcs.

End Result should be: Reputation +1, Fame +3, -1 white crystal, -1 blue crystal +1 green crystal, +1 red crystal.

Replace the green mana with:

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 19, 2013, 03:16:12 pm »

Also I'd like to get my new hand.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 19, 2013, 03:25:22 pm »

Set a card aside using Native Village Sparing Power.

Play Tranquility to heal 1 Wound.
Use a blue die from the source to power Stamina for Move 4.
Play Swiftness for Move 2 (total 6)
Move to the Monster Den. Do not enter it.

Replace the blue mana with:
Rolled 1d6 : 6, total 6

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 19, 2013, 03:32:19 pm »

Just a reminder to everyone (no one has done anything for it to come into play, but it feels easy to forget especially without the components, and Jorbles is right next to a forest)
Deserts are 3 move and forests are 5, because it's night.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 19, 2013, 03:34:25 pm »

Yeah I know, I considered skipping the Monster Den, because of it. Stupid forests.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 19, 2013, 03:38:11 pm »

Use Green Mana from source to empower March for move 4
Play Tranquility sideways for move 1
Flip Leaves in the Wind for a white token and green crystal
Empower Crystallize with a blue crystal from inventory to gain a red crystal.
Move to the space under the poisonous orcs, and provoke them.
Use white mana token to empower Swiftness for Ranged Attack 3.
Use a white crystal to empower my other swiftness for Ranged Attack 3.
Defeat the orcs.

End Result should be: Reputation +1, Fame +3, -1 white crystal, -1 blue crystal +1 green crystal, +1 red crystal.

Replace the green mana with:
This dice roll may have been tampered with!

cards remaining in hand?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 19, 2013, 03:42:12 pm »

Jorbles, I'm pretty sure that's a dungeon, not a Monster den.  It's almost the same thing, except you can't use Units to help you fight the Brown enemy token and you get a bigger prize (a spell or artifact at random)

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: March 19, 2013, 04:06:58 pm »

Which he typed next in the same post as an image contradicting that description.  I checked twice.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 19, 2013, 04:13:00 pm »

Which he typed next in the same post as an image contradicting that description.  I checked twice.

Oh hmmm, I'll wait for Qvist to rule on it then. I don't think I can fight a monster without my unit.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 19, 2013, 04:42:02 pm »

I believe in you though.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 19, 2013, 06:39:52 pm »

It's a Monster Den. The brown enemy token depicts a Dungeon though. I guess that's where the confusion is coming from.
Update comes in a second. Then I submit the new hands. You guys are too fast for me.  :P

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "The first dusk" (Day 1, Turn 5, theorel's turn)
« Reply #349 on: March 19, 2013, 06:50:31 pm »

Game state: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjovnuYeeSkidG9MNFRlQW5VaTRleFQtT3dZV2k4S3c&usp=sharing

Fame: Goldyx: 5 / Norowas: 7 / Tovak: 4 / Arythea: 7
Influence: Goldyx: 0 / Norowas: 0 / Tovak: 1 / Arythea: -1

Advanced Actions:
Learning Influence 2. Once during this turn, you may pay Influence 6 to gain an Advanced Action card from the Advanced Actions offer to your discard pile. /// Influence 4. Once during this turn, you may pay Influence 9 to gain an Advanced Action card from the Advanced Actions offer to your hand.
Into the Heat Play this card at the start of the combat. All of your Units get their Attack and Block values increased by 2 this combat. You cannot assign damage to Units this turn. /// Play this card at the start of the combat. All of your Units get their Attack and Block values increased by 3 this combat. You cannot assign damage to Units this turn.
Blood Ritual Take a Wound. Gain a red mana token and a mana token of any color (including non-basic). /// Take a Wound. Gain three mana tokens of any colors (including non-basic).

Spells:
Meditation / Trance Randomly pick two cards from your discard pile and place them either on the top or bottom of your Deed deck. At the end of this turn, draw two cards over your hand limit. /// Same as the basic effect, except you choose the cards instead of picking them randomly.
Flame Wall / Flame Wave Fire Attack 5 or Fire Block 7 /// Fire Attack 5 or Fire Block 7. This attack or block gets increased by 2 for each enemy token you are facing.
Mana Bolt / Mana Thunderbolt When you play this, pay a mana. If you paid blue, Ice Attack 8. If you paid red, Cold Fire Attack 7. If you paid white, Ranged Ice Attack 6. If you paid green, Siege Ice Attack 5. /// When you play this, pay a mana. If you paid blue, Ice Attack 11. If you paid red, Cold Fire Attack 10. If you paid white, Ranged Ice Attack 9. If you paid green, Siege Ice Attack 8.   

Units:
Savage Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3   /// Siege Attack 4
Illusionists Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 2 / Recruitable in Mage Tower or Monastery / Influence 4 /// Target unfortified enemy does not attack this combat. /// Gain a white crystal to your Inventory.
Foresters Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3
Illusionists Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 2 / Recruitable in Mage Tower or Monastery /    Influence 4 /// Target unfortified enemy does not attack this combat. /// Gain a white crystal to your Inventory.
Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4
Utem Swordsmen Cost   6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Attack or Block 6. This Unit becomes Wounded.                                 

Monastery Advanced Actions                                                            
None

Common Skill Offer:
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a blue mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a red mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Bright Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 3 (during the Day) or Influence 2 (at Night)
Red Crystal Craft Once a Round: Flip this to gain one blue crystal to your Inventory, and one red mana token.

Mana Source:
Red / White / Gold / Green / Black / White

Map:

Arythea (Watno):
Level 1 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 12/5/4 / Tactics: 2: Long Night One time this Night, if your Deed deck is empty, you may shuffle your discard pile and put 3 cards at random back into your Deed deck. Then flip this card face down.                  
Crystals: Blue
Skills: Power of Pain Once a turn: You can play one Wound sideways, as if it were a non-Wound card. It gives +2 instead of +1. At the end of your turn, put that Wound in your discard pile.                                                            
Units (1/1): Peasants Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Tovak (pops):
Level 1 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 12/5/1 / Tactics: 4: Midnight Meditation One time this Night, before any of your turns, you may shuffle up to 5 cards (including Wounds) from your hand back into your Deed deck and then draw that many cards. Then, flip this card face down.
Crystals: Green
Skills: Double Move Once a turn: Move 2 (during the Day), or Move 1 (during the Night)                                                            
Units (1/1): Utem Crossbowmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Attack 2

Norowas (theorel):
Level 1 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 7/5/5 / Tactics: 5: Preparation When you take this Tactic, search your deck for any one card and put it into your hand, then shuffle your deck.
Crystals: Red, Blue, White, White, Green
Skills: Leaves in the Wind Once a Round: Flip this to gain one green crystal to your Inventory, and one white mana token.
Units (1/1): Foresters Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Level 1 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 9 (1)/5/3 / Tactics: 6: Sparing Power Once before the start of each of your turns, choose one: Put the top card of your Deed deck face down under this card, or flip this card face down and put all Deed cards under it into your hand.                              
Skills: Universal Power Once a turn: You may add one mana to a card played sideways. If you do, the card gives +3 instead of +1. If it is an Action or Spell card of the same color as that mana, it gives +4.
Units (1/1): Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 16 queries.