Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 47  All

Author Topic: Mage Knight I (Game over, theorel wins)  (Read 78181 times)

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "The first dusk" (Day 1, Turn 5, theorel's turn)
« Reply #300 on: March 17, 2013, 03:28:49 pm »

He didn't say it would make a difference.
I'll pass my turn.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 17, 2013, 03:48:49 pm »

@watno: I don't think you get a turn.
Quote from: rulebook, Pg. 5
If your Deed deck is empty at the start of your turn, and if the
End of the Round has not been announced yet, you may forfeit
your turn and announce the End of the Round. If you do, each
other player takes one more turn, and then the Round is over.
Emphasis mine.

I'd like to be sure of that before we come up on the end of next round, though.

I wanted to check, so it looks like order for Night Tactics choice should be:
pops
me
jorbles
watno

And as I was reading that I noticed:
We did order of choice for day tactics backward, watno should have had first choice, I should have chosen last.
Quote from: rulebook, Pg. 4
Note: This means that in the first Round, the player who
picked his Hero last chooses his Tactic card first.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 17, 2013, 04:03:33 pm »

I don't like any of the night tactics :/

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 17, 2013, 04:07:54 pm »

I have the least fame :(

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 17, 2013, 06:38:45 pm »

I see.  Discarding the wounds doesn't actually do anything though, right?  Either way, they get shuffled in for the next round.

Oh I guess not, I thought I would be stuck with them at the beginning of next turn. Oh well.

I don't like any of the night tactics :/

Then just go first?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 17, 2013, 07:21:17 pm »

I don't see the benefit to going first if you're not racing to see who gets to something first

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 17, 2013, 08:46:21 pm »

I have the least fame :(
I'm tied with you for fame.

I dunno, I like the tactics available.
Tactic 2: There's a disadvantage to declaring the end of the round (because you forfeit your turn while everyone else still gets a turn).  If you push your deck at around the same speed as everyone else (which we did last round), this lets you have a useful final turn.  (Note how last round by the time watno forfeited his turn the rest of us were doing almost nothing with the extra time).
Tactic 3: Lets you try to get the mana you want...this seems like a relatively weak tactic, but especially at night the black and gold are going to be essentially worthless (except for your spells...if you have another source for the mana to power it).  I think this will be a valuable tactic to keeping mana alive through the round, and it gives you some more control over it.  (i.e. if everything drains by the end of your turn, no big deal, you can probably get something at the start of your turn to help you)
Tactic 4: Shuffling up to 5 cards into your deck, means you can try to get a hand that has all cards you want.  Trying to combine your influence cards into one hand, or your attack/block cards into one hand or even just trying to pull some move cards.  This is strictly superior to "rethink" from day tactics.
Tactic 5: Keeping in mind that you know your starting hand before you choose this tactic.  This lets you get precisely the card you want to make that hand better.  Just short on block to fight something?  search for your Determination.  Just short on attack? pull a Rage.  Pick up some wounds in your starting hand?  pull Tranquility to clean up your deck.  Lots of potential here.
Tactic 6: This tactic is probably pretty weak right now, but will get better as our decks get bigger.  Basically if you store just 2 cards here, you can get the benefit of plundering a village without the reputation loss.  I'm still not entirely sure how quickly we'll go through our decks, but I think this could make your last turn of the round something more significant.  It's sort of a reverse "Great Start" if used that way.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 17, 2013, 09:23:04 pm »

You sold me pretty hard on tactic 4.  Why are you helping your opponents?

And when I said I had the least fame, I meant tied.  I've been playing lots of innovation, where your highest top card is any card tied for your highest, etc.

Where is Qvist :(

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 18, 2013, 08:03:43 am »

Well, conceptually I like the idea that helping one another to improve helps us all to improve faster.  i.e. discussing strategy and helping your opponent be better means that you have to be better too.

But realistically, I just like discussing strategy; it's part of playing games for me.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 18, 2013, 11:45:41 am »

QVIST

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 18, 2013, 06:04:06 pm »

I'm back. I'm currently catching up. It seems that you played the rest of day 1 on your own. Nice. So I'll post the current state and distribute the staring hand for the first night now.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 18, 2013, 06:13:16 pm »

End of Day 1

Game state: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjovnuYeeSkidG9MNFRlQW5VaTRleFQtT3dZV2k4S3c&usp=sharing

Fame: Goldyx: 5 / Norowas: 4 / Tovak: 4 / Arythea: 7
Influence: Goldyx: 0 / Norowas: 0 / Tovak: 1 / Arythea: 0

Advanced Actions:
Into the Heat Play this card at the start of the combat. All of your Units get their Attack and Block values increased by 2 this combat. You cannot assign damage to Units this turn. /// Play this card at the start of the combat. All of your Units get their Attack and Block values increased by 3 this combat. You cannot assign damage to Units this turn.
Blood Ritual Take a Wound. Gain a red mana token and a mana token of any color (including non-basic). /// Take a Wound. Gain three mana tokens of any colors (including non-basic).
Intimidate   Influence 4 or Attack 3. Get Reputation -1 at the end of your turn. /// Influence 8 or Attack 7. Get Reputation -2 at the end of your turn.

Spells:
Flame Wall / Flame Wave Fire Attack 5 or Fire Block 7 /// Fire Attack 5 or Fire Block 7. This attack or block gets increased by 2 for each enemy token you are facing.
Mana Bolt / Mana Thunderbolt When you play this, pay a mana. If you paid blue, Ice Attack 8. If you paid red, Cold Fire Attack 7. If you paid white, Ranged Ice Attack 6. If you paid green, Siege Ice Attack 5. /// When you play this, pay a mana. If you paid blue, Ice Attack 11. If you paid red, Cold Fire Attack 10. If you paid white, Ranged Ice Attack 9. If you paid green, Siege Ice Attack 8.   
Chill / Lethal Chill Target enemy does not attack this combat. If it has Fire Resistance, it loses it for the rest of the turn. /// Target enemy does not attack this combat and gets Armor -4 (to a minimum of 1) for the rest of the turn.

Units:
empty
Northern Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3 /// Ice Attack or Ice Block 4   
empty
empty
empty

Monastery Advanced Actions                                                            
Fire Bolt Gain a red crystal to your Inventory. /// Ranged Fire Attack 3                           

Common Skill Offer:
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a blue mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a red mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Bright Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 3 (during the Day) or Influence 2 (at Night)
Red Crystal Craft Once a Round: Flip this to gain one blue crystal to your Inventory, and one red mana token.

Mana Source:
Black / Black / Black / Red / Blue / Black

Map:

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Level 1 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/0/19 / Tactics: 2 - Rethink: When you take this Tactic, discard up to 3 cards (including Wounds) from your hand, then draw that many cards. Shuffle your discard pile back into your Deed deck.                                    
Crystals: None
Skills: Universal Power Once a turn: You may add one mana to a card played sideways. If you do, the card gives +3 instead of +1. If it is an Action or Spell card of the same color as that mana, it gives +4.
Units (1/1): Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4   

Arythea (Watno):
Level 1 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/0/20 / Tactics: 4 - Planning: If at the end of your turn you have at least 2 deed cards in your hand, draw your next hand as if your hand limit is increased by one.                                       
Crystals: Red
Skills: Power of Pain Once a turn: You can play one Wound sideways, as if it were a non-Wound card. It gives +2 instead of +1. At the end of your turn, put that Wound in your discard pile.                                                            
Units (1/1): Peasants (used) Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Norowas (theorel):
Level 1 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/0/17 / Tactics: 5 - Great Start: You may immediately draw 2 cards.                                       
Crystals: Blue, Blue, White, White, White
Skills: Leaves in the Wind (used) Once a Round: Flip this to gain one green crystal to your Inventory, and one white mana token.
Units (1/1): Foresters (used) Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3

Tovak (pops):
Level 1 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/0/18 / Tactics: 6 - The Right Moment: One time this Day during your turn, you can announce that you will take another turn immediately after this. If you do, flip this card face down.                           
Skills: Double Move Once a turn: Move 2 (during the Day), or Move 1 (during the Night)                                                            
Units (1/1): Utem Crossbowmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Attack 2

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "The first dusk" (End of Day 1)
« Reply #312 on: March 18, 2013, 06:13:57 pm »

I hope that I didn't made any mistakes or miss anything. Preparing Night 1 now.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 18, 2013, 06:17:56 pm »

Rerolling the mana

Rolled 6d6 : 3, 2, 5, 5, 5, 2, total 22

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 18, 2013, 06:34:48 pm »

Ice, ice, baby

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: March 18, 2013, 07:02:39 pm »

Start of Night 1

Game state: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjovnuYeeSkidG9MNFRlQW5VaTRleFQtT3dZV2k4S3c&usp=sharing

Fame: Goldyx: 5 / Norowas: 4 / Tovak: 4 / Arythea: 7
Influence: Goldyx: 0 / Norowas: 0 / Tovak: 1 / Arythea: 0

Advanced Actions:
Learning Influence 2. Once during this turn, you may pay Influence 6 to gain an Advanced Action card from the Advanced Actions offer to your discard pile. /// Influence 4. Once during this turn, you may pay Influence 9 to gain an Advanced Action card from the Advanced Actions offer to your hand.
Into the Heat Play this card at the start of the combat. All of your Units get their Attack and Block values increased by 2 this combat. You cannot assign damage to Units this turn. /// Play this card at the start of the combat. All of your Units get their Attack and Block values increased by 3 this combat. You cannot assign damage to Units this turn.
Blood Ritual Take a Wound. Gain a red mana token and a mana token of any color (including non-basic). /// Take a Wound. Gain three mana tokens of any colors (including non-basic).

Spells:
Meditation / Trance Randomly pick two cards from your discard pile and place them either on the top or bottom of your Deed deck. At the end of this turn, draw two cards over your hand limit. /// Same as the basic effect, except you choose the cards instead of picking them randomly.
Flame Wall / Flame Wave Fire Attack 5 or Fire Block 7 /// Fire Attack 5 or Fire Block 7. This attack or block gets increased by 2 for each enemy token you are facing.
Mana Bolt / Mana Thunderbolt When you play this, pay a mana. If you paid blue, Ice Attack 8. If you paid red, Cold Fire Attack 7. If you paid white, Ranged Ice Attack 6. If you paid green, Siege Ice Attack 5. /// When you play this, pay a mana. If you paid blue, Ice Attack 11. If you paid red, Cold Fire Attack 10. If you paid white, Ranged Ice Attack 9. If you paid green, Siege Ice Attack 8.   

Units:
Savage Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3   /// Siege Attack 4
Illusionists Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 2 / Recruitable in Mage Tower or Monastery / Influence 4 /// Target unfortified enemy does not attack this combat. /// Gain a white crystal to your Inventory.
Foresters Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3
Illusionists Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 2 / Recruitable in Mage Tower or Monastery /    Influence 4 /// Target unfortified enemy does not attack this combat. /// Gain a white crystal to your Inventory.
Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4
Utem Swordsmen Cost   6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Attack or Block 6. This Unit becomes Wounded.                                 

Monastery Advanced Actions                                                            
Mana Storm Choose a mana die in the Source that is showing a basic color. Gain a crystal of that color to your Inventory, then immediately reroll that die and return it to the Source. /// Reroll all dice in the Source. You can use three extra dice from the Source, and you can use dice showing black or gold as mana of any basic color, regardless of the Round.

Common Skill Offer:
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a blue mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a red mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Bright Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 3 (during the Day) or Influence 2 (at Night)
Red Crystal Craft Once a Round: Flip this to gain one blue crystal to your Inventory, and one red mana token.

Mana Source:
Red / White / Blue / Blue / Blue / White

Map:

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Level 1 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 13/6/0 / Tactics: -                              
Skills: Universal Power Once a turn: You may add one mana to a card played sideways. If you do, the card gives +3 instead of +1. If it is an Action or Spell card of the same color as that mana, it gives +4.
Units (1/1): Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4   

Arythea (Watno):
Level 1 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 15/5/0 / Tactics: -                  
Crystals: Red
Skills: Power of Pain Once a turn: You can play one Wound sideways, as if it were a non-Wound card. It gives +2 instead of +1. At the end of your turn, put that Wound in your discard pile.                                                            
Units (1/1): Peasants Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Norowas (theorel):
Level 1 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 12/5/0 / Tactics: -
Crystals: Blue, Blue, White, White, White
Skills: Leaves in the Wind Once a Round: Flip this to gain one green crystal to your Inventory, and one white mana token.
Units (1/1): Foresters Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3

Tovak (pops):
Level 1 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 13/5/0 / Tactics: -
Skills: Double Move Once a turn: Move 2 (during the Day), or Move 1 (during the Night)                                                            
Units (1/1): Utem Crossbowmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Attack 2

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "Darkness covers the land" (Start of Night 1)
« Reply #316 on: March 18, 2013, 07:04:52 pm »

Hands go out in a second. Then choose the Night Tactics.

As pointed out I made a mistake in the order of choosing on the first day. Sorry.
The order now is: pops, theorel, Jorbles, Watno.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 18, 2013, 07:12:20 pm »

midnight meditation

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 18, 2013, 07:14:11 pm »

theorel is next.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 18, 2013, 08:59:07 pm »

I take Preparation

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 18, 2013, 09:07:51 pm »

I was accidentally dealt a 6 card hand. I'm waiting for Qvist to redraw for me before I decide.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 18, 2013, 09:10:07 pm »

You are next to a keep that you own, are you not?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 18, 2013, 09:10:59 pm »

You get an extra card for that?!

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 18, 2013, 09:12:09 pm »

If you are in a keep that you own, or in a hex adjacent to a keep that you own, your maximum hand size is increased by 1 for each keep that you own (even if some of those other keeps are far away).  This effect only works if you start the turn in a space in your keep or adjacent to your keep.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 18, 2013, 09:12:47 pm »

Staying next to your keep is like finding a potion for your alchemist.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.