Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 47  All

Author Topic: Mage Knight I (Game over, theorel wins)  (Read 78230 times)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "Exploring the landscape" (Day 1, Turn 3, Jorbles' turn)
« Reply #175 on: March 13, 2013, 07:25:53 pm »

Wait, really?  You must have a really nice hand.

EDIT: Oh, not really.  If he has his Arythea unique card he can do it with ease.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 07:32:04 pm by popsofctown »

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 13, 2013, 07:31:54 pm »

I think he's got 7 cards (8 - Swiftness), plus Peasants, it actually seems pretty reasonable that he could attack it.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 13, 2013, 07:33:45 pm »

And I felt like such a big shot for taking down a little orc riding a wolf  :'(

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 13, 2013, 07:34:28 pm »

I think this should work, but probably i missed something.
Play Concentration for a blue mana token.
Play March to move to and assault Mage Tower. (-1 rep)
No ranged combat.
Play Determination powered by blue token to Block.
Play Battle Versatiliy powered by red die from source for Fire Attack 3, use Peasants for Attack 2, killing Ice Golems.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 13, 2013, 07:38:00 pm »

Ok, so his reputation is really crappy now.  That makes me feel slightly better.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 13, 2013, 07:39:34 pm »

That all looked about right to my untrained eye.  What spell do you desire?

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 13, 2013, 07:41:18 pm »

Oh yeah, that Fire Ball looks cool.
Reroll Red power die:
Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 13, 2013, 07:42:53 pm »

Fireball is a good choice considering the way the dice seem to be loaded..

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 13, 2013, 07:43:38 pm »

You level up.

You can choose:

Power of Pain Once a turn: You can play one Wound sideways, as if it were a non-Wound card. It gives +2 instead of +1. At the end of your turn, put that Wound in your discard pile.
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a red mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.

or the skill in the skill offer. Which Advanced Action do you want?

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 13, 2013, 07:45:41 pm »

I'll take Power of Pain and Regeneration.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 13, 2013, 07:47:58 pm »

Thread title still says Jorbles

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "Exploring the landscape" (Day 1, Turn 3, theorel's turn)
« Reply #186 on: March 13, 2013, 07:58:31 pm »

Game state: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjovnuYeeSkidG9MNFRlQW5VaTRleFQtT3dZV2k4S3c&usp=sharing

Fame: Goldyx: 2 / Norowas: 1 / Tovak: 3 / Arythea: 5
Influence: Goldyx: 0 / Norowas: 0 / Tovak: 0 / Arythea: -1

Advanced Actions:
Crystal Mastery Gain a crystal to your Inventory of the same color as a crystal you already own. /// Any crystal you spend this turn are returned to your Inventory at the end of the turn.
Pure Magic When you play this, pay a mana. If you paid Green, Move 4. If you paid White, Influence 4. If you paid Blue, Block 4. If you paid Red, Attack 4. /// When you play this, pay a mana. If you paid Green, Move 7. If you paid White, Influence 7. If you paid Blue, Block 7. If you paid Red, Attack 7.
Intimidate   Influence 4 or Attack 3. Get Reputation -1 at the end of your turn. /// Influence 8 or Attack 7. Get Reputation -2 at the end of your turn.

Spells:
Mana Bolt / Mana Thunderbolt When you play this, pay a mana. If you paid blue, Ice Attack 8. If you paid red, Cold Fire Attack 7. If you paid white, Ranged Ice Attack 6. If you paid green, Siege Ice Attack 5. /// When you play this, pay a mana. If you paid blue, Ice Attack 11. If you paid red, Cold Fire Attack 10. If you paid white, Ranged Ice Attack 9. If you paid green, Siege Ice Attack 8.   
Burning Shield / Exploding Shield Fire Block 4. If this card is used as part of a successful Block, you may use it during your Attack phase as Fire Attack 4 /// Fire Block 4. If this card is used as part of a successful Block, destroy the blocked enemy.
Chill / Lethal Chill Target enemy does not attack this combat. If it has Fire Resistance, it loses it for the rest of the turn. /// Target enemy does not attack this combat and gets Armor -4 (to a minimum of 1) for the rest of the turn.

Units:
empty
Northern Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3 /// Ice Attack or Ice Block 4   
Utem Crossbowmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Attack 2
empty
Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4   

Common Skill Offer:
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a blue mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a red mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.

Mana Source:
Black / Black / Black / Red / Red / Black

Map:

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Level 0 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 4/5/8 / Tactics: 2 - Rethink: When you take this Tactic, discard up to 3 cards (including Wounds) from your hand, then draw that many cards. Shuffle your discard pile back into your Deed deck.                                    
Crystals: White
Skills: None
Units (0/1): None

Arythea (Watno):
Level 1 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 4/6/8 / Tactics: 4 - Planning: If at the end of your turn you have at least 2 deed cards in your hand, draw your next hand as if your hand limit is increased by one.                                       
Crystals: None
Skills: Power of Pain Once a turn: You can play one Wound sideways, as if it were a non-Wound card. It gives +2 instead of +1. At the end of your turn, put that Wound in your discard pile.                                                            
Units (1/1): Peasants (used) Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Norowas (theorel):
Level 0 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 6/5/5 / Tactics: 5 - Great Start: You may immediately draw 2 cards.                                       
Units (1/1): Foresters Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitabke in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3

Tovak (pops):
Level 1 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 8/5/6 / Tactics: 6 - The Right Moment: One time this Day during your turn, you can announce that you will take another turn immediately after this. If you do, flip this card face down.                                       
Skills: Double Move Once a turn: Move 2 (during the Day), or Move 1 (during the Night)                                                            
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 09:07:46 pm by Qvist »

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 13, 2013, 08:00:47 pm »

Thread title still says Jorbles

Sorry, I'm not that fast. A lot happened, so I double checked everything and I didn't have to update the thread title since Jorbles because Watno already sent in his move while I was updating Jorbles's move.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 13, 2013, 10:06:05 pm »

Okay, fun times now...I'm pretty sure this should all work:
Play Concentration for a White mana token.
Spend Woodsman for Move 2, reduce all Woods/Hills by 1.
Play Stamina for Move 2.
Use 4 Move to move into/Assault the Keep (-1 Rep).
Pass Ranged/Siege Attack
Take a wound on the woodsman from the Guardsmen
Play Empowered Rage using Source Mana (Attack 4)
Play Empowered Swiftness using White mana token (Ranged Attack 3)
Total attack 7 defeats the guardsmen.

And replacing the mana die yields:
This dice roll may have been tampered with!
Rolled 1d6 : 6, total 6

« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 10:09:35 pm by theorel »

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 13, 2013, 10:07:30 pm »

This randomizer is broken...seriously (not seriously).

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 13, 2013, 10:10:10 pm »

Gah, I called him "defender" and corrected it to guardsmen...stupid "tampered die roll"

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 14, 2013, 07:31:24 am »

Move seems fine. You level up.

Choose a skill:
Bright Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 3 (during the Day) or Influence 2 (at Night)
Leaves in the Wind Once a Round: Flip this to gain one green crystal to your Inventory, and one white mana token
or one of the skills in the common skill offer.

Choose an Advanced Action.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 14, 2013, 07:34:51 am »

Alright, I'm going to take:
Leaves in the Wind
and
Crystal Mastery
Because those seem to go together nicely.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "Exploring the landscape" (Day 1, Turn 3, pops' turn)
« Reply #193 on: March 14, 2013, 07:44:31 am »

Game state: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjovnuYeeSkidG9MNFRlQW5VaTRleFQtT3dZV2k4S3c&usp=sharing

Fame: Goldyx: 2 / Norowas: 4 / Tovak: 3 / Arythea: 5
Influence: Goldyx: 0 / Norowas: 0 / Tovak: 0 / Arythea: -1

Advanced Actions:
Blood Ritual Take a Wound. Gain a red mana token and a mana token of any color (including non-basic). /// Take a Wound. Gain three mana tokens of any colors (including non-basic).
Pure Magic When you play this, pay a mana. If you paid Green, Move 4. If you paid White, Influence 4. If you paid Blue, Block 4. If you paid Red, Attack 4. /// When you play this, pay a mana. If you paid Green, Move 7. If you paid White, Influence 7. If you paid Blue, Block 7. If you paid Red, Attack 7.
Intimidate   Influence 4 or Attack 3. Get Reputation -1 at the end of your turn. /// Influence 8 or Attack 7. Get Reputation -2 at the end of your turn.

Spells:
Mana Bolt / Mana Thunderbolt When you play this, pay a mana. If you paid blue, Ice Attack 8. If you paid red, Cold Fire Attack 7. If you paid white, Ranged Ice Attack 6. If you paid green, Siege Ice Attack 5. /// When you play this, pay a mana. If you paid blue, Ice Attack 11. If you paid red, Cold Fire Attack 10. If you paid white, Ranged Ice Attack 9. If you paid green, Siege Ice Attack 8.   
Burning Shield / Exploding Shield Fire Block 4. If this card is used as part of a successful Block, you may use it during your Attack phase as Fire Attack 4 /// Fire Block 4. If this card is used as part of a successful Block, destroy the blocked enemy.
Chill / Lethal Chill Target enemy does not attack this combat. If it has Fire Resistance, it loses it for the rest of the turn. /// Target enemy does not attack this combat and gets Armor -4 (to a minimum of 1) for the rest of the turn.

Units:
empty
Northern Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3 /// Ice Attack or Ice Block 4   
Utem Crossbowmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Attack 2
empty
Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4   

Common Skill Offer:
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a blue mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Bright Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 3 (during the Day) or Influence 2 (at Night)

Mana Source:
Black / Black / Black / Black / Red / Black

Map:

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Level 0 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 4/5/8 / Tactics: 2 - Rethink: When you take this Tactic, discard up to 3 cards (including Wounds) from your hand, then draw that many cards. Shuffle your discard pile back into your Deed deck.                                    

Arythea (Watno):
Level 1 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 4/6/8 / Tactics: 4 - Planning: If at the end of your turn you have at least 2 deed cards in your hand, draw your next hand as if your hand limit is increased by one.                                       
Skills: Power of Pain Once a turn: You can play one Wound sideways, as if it were a non-Wound card. It gives +2 instead of +1. At the end of your turn, put that Wound in your discard pile.                                                            
Units (1/1): Peasants (used) Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Norowas (theorel):
Level 1 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 2/6/9 / Tactics: 5 - Great Start: You may immediately draw 2 cards.                                       
Skills: Leaves in the Wind Once a Round: Flip this to gain one green crystal to your Inventory, and one white mana token or one of the skills in the common skill offer.
Units (1/1): Foresters (used/wounded) Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3

Tovak (pops):
Level 1 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 8/5/6 / Tactics: 6 - The Right Moment: One time this Day during your turn, you can announce that you will take another turn immediately after this. If you do, flip this card face down.                                       
Skills: Double Move Once a turn: Move 2 (during the Day), or Move 1 (during the Night)                                                            
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 07:47:08 am by Qvist »

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 14, 2013, 07:58:14 am »

Ok, I see now that I got confused with the names and coloring. I used the coloring right. But I just noticed that I somehow switched the heroes from Norowas and Tovak on the map. I now moved Norowas correctly, but Tovak should be on the mine.

So, here the clarification: Norowas is the white character, but has the lighter blue model. Tovak is the blue character, but has the greyish model.
Never got confused before, but now it seems so confusing.  :o

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 14, 2013, 09:28:16 am »

The last picture you drew depicts no one on the south mine.  I should be on the south mine.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 14, 2013, 09:29:24 am »

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 14, 2013, 09:38:49 am »

Ooooh, this is awesome.

I use my Double Move skill to step into the adjacent Village.  I interact there, getting Influence +1 from my reputation because they know I'm a badass that kills wolf riders. 
Then I use red mana from the source to power Improvisation, discarding a Stamina from my hand to get 5 more influence.
Then I use the white crystal in my pocket to power Heroic Tale, getting six more influence and one Fame and Reputation for each unit I recruit this turn.

That gives me 12 total influence, so I can afford to recruit Utem Crossbowmen and still have enough left over for 2 points of healing.

I end my turn, rolling the red mana die I used.
Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 14, 2013, 09:44:26 am »

WTF am I reading Leaves in the Wind right?  That seems ridiculously powerful.  Why would you ever take a common skill offer skill over it when you can just use it to gain whatever you wanted?

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 14, 2013, 09:47:12 am »

You don't get +1 from reputation, you only got to the better 0 space so far.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 16 queries.