Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30  All

Author Topic: Shadows Over Camelot I (Game over, everyone wins)  (Read 49444 times)

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Shadows Over Camelot I (Round V, Jorbles' turn)
« Reply #325 on: February 19, 2013, 12:01:41 pm »

It also means that if we don't beat the Grail soon we'll get a bunch of Despairs back to back and probably never beat it.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 19, 2013, 12:32:13 pm »

Our goal is to get more white swords than black. So, if we can get enough white swords in time, then catapult spam won't be an issue.

I dunno; I can understand the desire to keep catapults off our front lawn, but I wonder if this is too cautious. Then again, I've only played this game with a bunch of catapults, so maybe I was doing something wrong. I never played a game where someone advises against completing a quest, but it also took our group a while to figure out that Chapel does more than trash Curses.

Having the Grail at least means that someone can spare to lose 4 life to keep catapults away, but that doesn't seem like a good trade-off. The white swords and extra cards, however, would be nice.

It's worth checking out to see what's the worst that happens if we don't get the Grail. We slowed down the despair so that maybe the black swords won't come out from this quest. That's not too bad. But can we make up the number of white swords and extra cards by letting the Grail fall? It seems unlikely to me.
A man has no signature

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 19, 2013, 04:05:07 pm »

I'd rather have 6 despairs hit the grail than 6 siege engines, personally. We can keep putting down grails and doing other quests. We can't kill siege engines indefinitely. I guess we can merlin them... maybe...
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 19, 2013, 04:21:58 pm »

Hm, okay, well I'm still not convinced those 3 white swords aren't worth it, but for now I will draw a black card.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 19, 2013, 04:32:28 pm »

Well, I'm no expert at the game. In my experience, it isn't worth it, and also in my experience, you generally want to finish multiple quests at once to end the game and avoid Siege Engines.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
Re: Shadows Over Camelot I (Round IV, Tables' turn)
« Reply #330 on: February 19, 2013, 05:11:28 pm »

King Arthur Jorbles draws a Black Knight and plays it face down to draw a white card.

Players (Turn Order)
King Arthur Jorbles       Life: 3 Cards: 9 + Merlin
Sir Gawain Kuildeous     Life: 3 Cards: 7 + Merlin
Sir Galahad bozzball      Life: 3 Cards: 8 + Merlin
Sir Palamedes Eevee    Life: 2 Cards: 4 + Merlin
Sir Percival Tables        Life: 3 Cards: 7 + Merlin

For better reading: Black = red, white = green
Quests
Tournament vs the Black Knight Perpetual, Solo, Combat Quest (Outcome: 1 Sword, 3 Cards, 1 Life Point)   X|_|_|_    _|_ _|_
Dragon's Quest Combat Quest (Outcome: 2 Swords, 7 Cards, 2 Life Points)                                              X|_|_|_|_    4|_|_ _|_|_ _|_|_ 
Quest for Excalibur (Outcome: 2 Swords, 7 Cards, 1 Life Point, Excalibur)                                                 _|_|_|_|_|_|E|_|_|_|_ 
Quest for the Holy Grail (Outcome: 3 Swords, 7 Cards, 1 Life Point, Holy Grail)                                          X|X|X|X|X|_|X   
Pict Wars Quest (Outcome: 1 Sword, 4 Cards, 1 Life Point, if lost: 2 siege Engines to Camelot)                     X|_|_|_ 1|_|_|_|_ 
Saxon Wars Quest (Outcome: 1 Sword, 4 Cards, 1 Life Point, if lost: 2 siege Engines to Camelot)                 X|X|_|_ _|_|_|_|_   
Camelot                                                                                                                                         |||_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_

King Arthur Jorbles please perform an Heroic action. You may use your Special Ability if possible and sacrifice one Life Point to perform a second Heroic Action.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 19, 2013, 05:13:39 pm »

Pretty average Black Knight card I think. (I don't remember the distribution)

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 19, 2013, 05:18:58 pm »

Hmm before we go on, I want to have everyone weigh in on whether or not we should beat the Grail quest because it will determine what I do this turn (who I trade with etc). That means I would like to hear from Eevee and bozzball before I go on.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 19, 2013, 05:42:36 pm »

I couldnt find the most recent hand update from Qvist but I'm pretty sure I'll just be useless to anything but this excalibur thing. So I concede to your expertise.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 19, 2013, 05:45:52 pm »

It's not something that necessarily needs your help. I just want to know if you think it's a good idea or not. It's a debate of should we beat the Grail and embrace Siege Engine spam or should we abandon the Grail and focus on other tasks in order to avoid Siege Engines.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 19, 2013, 05:59:20 pm »

Do we stand a chance of winning the excalibur? Would help with fighting the siege engines?

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 19, 2013, 06:02:11 pm »

We could go focus efforts on Excalibur, but getting Excalibur will create more siege engines.

Hmm... we're at 3 swords.
Grail is 3
Excalibur is 2
Dragon is 2

We need to find 2 more swords of quests we care about, and then completing those three will win us the game. Maybe I've been a little too hasty in dismissing the grail... maybe we're getting towards victory. But I think we need a solid idea of our other two swords first.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 19, 2013, 06:15:46 pm »

Picts seems possible, Saxons and Black Knight aren't looking good right now though.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 21, 2013, 06:02:52 pm »

bozzball? I still want to hear from you. I think we should decide as a group whether we go for the Grail or not, and you haven't said anything yet.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 23, 2013, 11:47:48 pm »

Okay, I guess I've waited long enough though I still want to know what bozzball thinks. I am going to setup Kuildeous to help with the Grail so we can do it if we want to.

Play a Grail card.
Trade with Sir Gawain.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 24, 2013, 12:43:54 am »

Okay, I guess I've waited long enough though I still want to know what bozzball thinks. I am going to setup Kuildeous to help with the Grail so we can do it if we want to.

Play a Grail card.
Trade with Sir Gawain.

I offer you this card in return. It may shock you at first, but keep in mind that Sir Galahad could make better use of it than you or me.
A man has no signature

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 24, 2013, 06:42:50 pm »

King Arthur Jorbles draws a Black Knight and plays it face down to draw a white card.
King Arthur Jorbles plays a Grail.
King Arthur Jorbles trades a card with Sir Gawain Kuildeous

Players (Turn Order)
King Arthur Jorbles       Life: 3 Cards: 9
Sir Gawain Kuildeous     Life: 3 Cards: 8
Sir Galahad bozzball      Life: 3 Cards: 9
Sir Palamedes Eevee    Life: 2 Cards: 5
Sir Percival Tables        Life: 3 Cards: 8

Quests
Tournament vs the Black Knight Perpetual, Solo, Combat Quest (Outcome: 1 Sword, 3 Cards, 1 Life Point)   X|_|_|_    _|_ _|_
Dragon's Quest Combat Quest (Outcome: 2 Swords, 7 Cards, 2 Life Points)                                              X|_|_|_|_    4|_|_ _|_|_ _|_|_ 
Quest for Excalibur (Outcome: 2 Swords, 7 Cards, 1 Life Point, Excalibur)                                                 _|_|_|_|_|_|E|_|_|_|_ 
Quest for the Holy Grail (Outcome: 3 Swords, 7 Cards, 1 Life Point, Holy Grail)                                          X|X|X|X|X|X|X   
Pict Wars Quest (Outcome: 1 Sword, 4 Cards, 1 Life Point, if lost: 2 siege Engines to Camelot)                     X|_|_|_ 1|_|_|_|_ 
Saxon Wars Quest (Outcome: 1 Sword, 4 Cards, 1 Life Point, if lost: 2 siege Engines to Camelot)                 X|X|_|_ _|_|_|_|_   
Camelot                                                                                                                                         |||_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_

Sir Gawain Kuildeous please choose the Progression of Evil.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
Re: Shadows Over Camelot I (Round V, Kuildeous' turn)
« Reply #342 on: February 24, 2013, 06:57:36 pm »

Black card.
A man has no signature

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 24, 2013, 07:07:40 pm »

Sir Gawain Kuildeous draws Excalibur and moves it closer to defeat.

Players (Turn Order)
Sir Gawain Kuildeous     Life: 3 Cards: 8

Quests
Quest for Excalibur (Outcome: 2 Swords, 7 Cards, 1 Life Point, Excalibur)                                                 _|_|_|_|_|E|_|_|_|_|_ 
Quest for the Holy Grail (Outcome: 3 Swords, 7 Cards, 1 Life Point, Holy Grail)                                          X|X|X|X|X|X|X   

Sir Gawain Kuildeous please perform an Heroic action. You may use your Special Ability if possible and sacrifice one Life Point to perform a second Heroic Action.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 27, 2013, 05:21:37 am »

Bump

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: March 08, 2013, 04:17:13 pm »

Double Bump

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 08, 2013, 04:56:13 pm »

Holy crap. I missed this not once, but twice. Bad knight!

I follow my liege, and this last exchange compels me to go to the Grail quest.

Lose one life to play a Grail.
A man has no signature

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 08, 2013, 05:04:58 pm »

Sir Gawain Kuildeous draws Excalibur and moves it closer to defeat.
Sir Gawain Kuildeous moves to the Quest for the Holy Grail and sacrifices one life to play a Grail card and therefore one Despair card is removed.

Players (Turn Order)
Sir Gawain Kuildeous     Life: 2 Cards: 7

Quests
Quest for Excalibur (Outcome: 2 Swords, 7 Cards, 1 Life Point, Excalibur)                                                 _|_|_|_|_|E|_|_|_|_|_ 
Quest for the Holy Grail (Outcome: 3 Swords, 7 Cards, 1 Life Point, Holy Grail)                                          X|X|X|X|X|X|_   

Sir Galahad bozzball please choose the Progression of Evil.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Shadows Over Camelot I (Round V, bozzball's turn)
« Reply #348 on: April 05, 2013, 01:18:37 pm »

If bozzball is awol can we replace him? I'd still like to finish this.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Shadows Over Camelot I (Round V, bozzball's turn)
« Reply #349 on: April 06, 2013, 12:12:17 pm »

If bozzball is awol can we replace him? I'd still like to finish this.

I searched for replacement already a couple of times. If you know who is willing to replace him, I'm more than glad to do that.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 19 queries.