Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15  All

Author Topic: Resistance III: Revenge of the Isotropic Users  (Read 32708 times)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance III: Revenge of the Isotropic Users
« Reply #225 on: September 20, 2012, 04:56:44 pm »

Terrific. I have to believe ftl is probably Resistance, because if he was a Spy, he could have reported me as Spy and Galzria would have believed him. So I believe Galzria's best case mission is him, me and ftl. Wait though, didn't Galz clearly Glooble? Am I misremembering that?

In any case, I think the Spies are Volt, Insomniac, and Qvist. Does the make sense?

Galz doesn't believe he cleared glooble entirely. Mission 1 was glooble and Qvist, and Galz used his card to identify Qvist as the person who failed that mission. Technically, Glooble could still be a spy who passed mission 1, while his scumpartner Qvist sabotaged mission 1.

I don't think that's likely, but it's possible.

I agree with your scumteam guess.

Of course you do, it puts you (a spy) in a position to win
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 20, 2012, 05:26:25 pm »

We have to accept Galz's proposal, whatever it is, because if we vote his down, then we have to accept either Qvist or Insomniac's proposal, or lose via two no-confidences. And insom and qvist, as likely spies, will make losing proposals. So I have to trust Galz as obvresistance, because if the spyteam is Qvist, Galz, Insom, we've already lost.

It's not nearly as clear-cut as ftl would have us think.  The problem is that we know nothing about whether ftl is a Spy. 

Regardless of ftl's alignment, and regardless of who ftl used OC on, he was always going to say one of two things:  that Robz is Resistance and Insom a Spy, or vice versa.  Spy!ftl gets to choose which of them to accuse.  Here, ftl accused Insom.  Insom - who is holding No Confidence.  If Galz is a Spy, this just happens to be the ideal choice for Spy!ftl.  Why?  Because ftl can now raise the spectre of "we have to accept Galz's mission or we will lose."  And if the Spies are Qvist, Galz, and (as I now suspect) ftl - then forcing the town to think Galz's mission MUST be approved will lock down the Spies' victory.

Robz:  you say Spy!ftl would have accused you, not Insom.  This is correct, if Galz is Resistance.  But if Galz is a Spy - as I suspect he is - then the proper play for Spy!ftl is to accuse the other person with No Confidence (Insomniac) and panic the town into quick-approving Galz's proposed mission.  Especially given the fact that ftl is fine with Galz proposing a mission that does not have ftl on it.  Why is he fine with that?  Because he knows Spy!Galz will be on it instead.

Don't forget Galz was the one who gave ftl the plot card, setting up this conundrum.

Volt gave two plot cards to Insom for... what reason? Did he have a reason to trust insom with both of them at the time? That is a major reason to suspect volt, IMO, and I'm still going to guess that a double-spy mission 1 would result in both spies passing.

At the time, I thought both Galz and Glooble were likely Resistance, which meant that two out of (Insom, Robz, ftl) were Spies.  So if I gave the cards to different people among those three, I'd guarantee giving a card to a Spy.  I couldn't give both cards to ftl and simultaneously get OC to provide further information about Galz's claim.  And likely-SpyQvist was pushing for cards to go to Robz.  So I gave them to Insomniac.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 20, 2012, 05:33:00 pm »

So what this boils down to, in my mind, is {Volt, Qvist, Insomniac} or {Glooble, Qvist, ftl}.

I can't imagine scum Volt gave both cards to a Resistance member, so if he's a Spy, so is Insomniac.

It's impossible for both Robz and ftl to be Spies, based on the first two missions failing. Thus Resistance ftl would never lie about Robz, and while Spy ftl might, calling Robz Resistance means Robz IS Resistance (Why must you say such scummy things!?!)

So do I think it's more likely that Qvist and Glooble, both as Spies, put themselves on Mission 1 together (G/Q/f team)

Or

That Voltgloss gave both cards to his Spybuddy, who confirmed my report for Resistance Cred? (V/Q/I team)

Honestly? I could see both. But I think if I roll a die 1,000 times on the two options, option 2 will happen more frequently by a wide margin.

There's an outside chance of {ftl, Volt, Qvist}, but I think it's less likely. Volt would've had to give both cards to Resistance (possible) and ftl would have to be suggesting spies in both Volt and Qvist - both his buddies.

However, also weighted in is who distributed to who: Insomniac gave the NC card to Qvist. Volt gave the NC card to Insomniac. {Qvist, Volt, Insomniac} looks exceedingly more likely.

I propose Galzria, Robz, ftl.

Good luck, gentlemen.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 20, 2012, 05:40:10 pm »

Well I will be voting no, because I'd like to win the game as opposed to lose, ftl/Qvist/{Volt/Glooble} will absolutely win the game here if this mission passes.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 20, 2012, 05:46:31 pm »

I've voted yes, obviously

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 20, 2012, 05:56:05 pm »

I will vote yes
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 20, 2012, 05:58:51 pm »

And I've voted no, for reasons stated.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #232 on: September 20, 2012, 06:16:54 pm »

I voted yes. I am reasonably certain Galz is resistance.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 20, 2012, 06:23:58 pm »

I voted yes. I am reasonably certain Galz is resistance.

The question isn't about Galz. It's about whether or not you think the spy team is 2 of the 3 (Glooble, Voltgloss, Insomniac) and Qvist.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #234 on: September 20, 2012, 06:39:33 pm »

Put another way: I agree with Galz's scum team. It just makes too much sense, especially seeing as I can rule out myself.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 21, 2012, 04:29:52 am »

I think I'm the only European in this group here. So you write always when I'm sleeping. I've not read everything so far, but as everybody thinks I'm a spy, it doesn't really matter what I do here. Especially as 4 players have voted for the mission, my vote isn't important anymore. So I just vote yes and read later what you all wrote.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 21, 2012, 06:01:34 pm »

everyone PM your votes to the mod so we can move on

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 21, 2012, 06:03:05 pm »

I already did. Pretty nerve wracked. I think we've got things figured out?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 21, 2012, 06:14:50 pm »

Did when I proposed it yesterday.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 21, 2012, 07:17:56 pm »

I did as well. Along with a co to or to not play no confidence based on certain factors

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #240 on: September 21, 2012, 08:31:52 pm »

me too.

He/ Him

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 23, 2012, 06:00:23 pm »

No: Insomniac, Voltgloss
Yes: Qvist, Glooble, Robz, Galzria, Ftl

Insomniac plays no confidence

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 23, 2012, 06:07:39 pm »

Scum Insomniac.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 23, 2012, 06:14:20 pm »

This is simple: Either Qvist proposes the same mission, or we (Glooble, Galzria, Robz, ftl) vote no and it goes to Insomniac.

Insomniac proposes the same mission, or we vote no and it goes to ftl.

ftl will propose the same mission, and we'll pass it. If the second NC is used, leader passes to Robz, who will propose the same mission and the Spies can't block it.

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 23, 2012, 06:15:43 pm »

This is simple: Either Qvist proposes the same mission, or we (Glooble, Galzria, Robz, ftl) vote no and it goes to Insomniac.

Insomniac proposes the same mission, or we vote no and it goes to ftl.

ftl will propose the same mission, and we'll pass it. If the second NC is used, leader passes to Robz, who will propose the same mission and the Spies can't block it.

Agreed, absolutely agreed.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 24, 2012, 01:15:46 am »

I had to no confidence the mission. FTL is absolutely a spy

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 24, 2012, 01:16:26 am »

So you will vote down my mission because it will NOT have FTL.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 24, 2012, 02:10:22 am »

Agreed. I'll propose the same mission when the time comes. Based on Volt's vote on this last mission, I'm feeling more confident with my guess of the Volt/Ins/Qvist spyteam.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 24, 2012, 02:26:07 am »

I'm a huge spy and I wish Insomniac would shut up and let me win already

FTFY

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 24, 2012, 04:41:58 am »

Nobody trusts me, not much that I can do here.
I still think that Galzria, Glooble and Imsomniac are the spies, but I cannot propose a mission with 3 other people in it which you all will approve, so I will at least put two spies in it.

I propose Galzria, Glooble, Robz.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15  All

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 15 queries.