Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 101  All

Author Topic: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- GAME OVER  (Read 242324 times)

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- Day 4
« Reply #1375 on: October 04, 2017, 10:51:15 am »

Because I rather want scum to NK me than a PR. Claiming seems not great, if I can just hammer and guarantee to kill one of the others. It didn't even come to my mind that he wouldn't be Poisoner.
That is my thinking, but I might be of course terrible wrong as I don't have a lot of experience.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: October 04, 2017, 11:06:39 am »

I guess I put you in the awkward position of (soft)claim or hammer. You might be right that hammering was the right call out of those two.

I think this puts you last in claiming order by the way (if faust cares I'm fine with us claiming our draft order/bid before you), whihc means the order is now

Galz
faust
DatSwan
e
RR
Qvist/Teproc/O
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: October 04, 2017, 12:17:00 pm »

As the other Candidates (and scum) know already, I bid 42.

I ended up with Draft #4, which is very difficult to do unless I was a unique bid. My suspicion of LL's claim came from the fact that it was highly unlikely for me to be a Unique Lost at Draft #4, and him to be a (presumably) Double-Lost at #6. It meant there was at absolute most one single unique non-Lost number bid, and no Double-Losr's lower than 16, and he would've needed the better of the coin flip. Just wasn't likely.

Anyway, as with the first time around, I bid Poisoner. As I'm a player who does not believe in a Vig firing as town, but recognize I'm generally in the minority, I wanted it to sit on unused. I figured I lost the bid to WW last game (he was #4), so I had a decent chance at getting it this game. Obviously I failed and am VT, making my potential sacrifice to a SK earlier less harmful than other kills he could've gotten.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: October 04, 2017, 12:18:28 pm »

I don't have a problem with how qvist played his role.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: October 04, 2017, 12:23:02 pm »

faust now.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: October 04, 2017, 12:23:43 pm »

I don't have a problem with how qvist played his role.

I don't think it matters how he played it? I mean, in what scenario does scum take that role by choice? Further, I don't see any advantage whatsoever to scum firing it the night he did. Unless the whole thing is a scam that him and Eevee are trying to pull off (ridiculously unlikely), then I don't see how Qvist makes sense as scum.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: October 04, 2017, 12:23:59 pm »

You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: October 04, 2017, 12:24:26 pm »

Or O, depending on who went for Mason.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: October 04, 2017, 12:25:00 pm »

Vote: faust.

Lynch scum, finish claiming tomorrow
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: October 04, 2017, 12:25:22 pm »

Teproc went for mason

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: October 04, 2017, 12:25:28 pm »

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: October 04, 2017, 12:25:44 pm »

Teproc went for mason

Or O, but my money is on teproc

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: October 04, 2017, 12:27:02 pm »

I think Qvist, teproc, and O are all town. I think it is likely that eevee and space are both town, but possibly one is scum.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: October 04, 2017, 12:27:26 pm »

faust now.
You first.

Not happening. Do you believe Qvist is town ?

Because if you do, we can ask him to order things if you want.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: October 04, 2017, 12:48:21 pm »

The longer faust holds out the more convinced I am that he is scum. But then... it won't take much to convince me at this point.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: October 04, 2017, 01:41:19 pm »

I think Qvist is town, Teproc and O most likely town, e is towny ( the non - targeting and general behavior, especially today).

Space, I'm leaning town, but not sure. If they are scum, it needs to be a scum watcher, right?

Left with
RR, faust, DatSwan, Galzria

out of whom I'd be interested in lynching now, pending claims (and claims that might counterclaim Space).

I would say that of the four, Galzria is towniest. I pegged him for a VT already when he offered up his candidacy earlier, although could be a scum long con. Just in general he's been snappier than usual in this game (in my opinion), which is a trait I'd more connect to town.

RR has been super scummy, his "this feels desperate" and nothing else rings really hollow. I hadn't really been considering Swan much until now, which I guess is exactly what scum would want.

Something's up with faust and the claims, interested to see where this goes. If there is a deadlock, having Qvist decide who claims and when seems fair and good. He is the towniest guy around.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- Day 1
« Reply #1391 on: October 04, 2017, 01:42:59 pm »

Probably not a good lynch for today.

Was this referring to LL or iguana as the lynch? I parsed it as Iguana beforehand because it was just after his claim, but looking back, you may have been referring to LL.

I'm thinking the flaw we have with inviting a poisoner to claim and then keeping him alive is that there's a huge lag between him poisoning someone and the rest of us seeing evidence of the death. Like, if he poisons someone tonight, his target doesn't die till N2, and we don't have the opportunity to do anything about it till D3. Is everyone who's advocating for keeping Iguana around remembering the long timeframe here?

Investigative roles exist. Not to say a tracker (if they exist) should track iguana....
If iguana is scum, then there is no guarantee that he is actually the Poisoner. It could be a teammate. Though that would require very quick thinking there on parts of both scum!iguana and his partner.

Reading faust. Interesting

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: October 04, 2017, 01:57:58 pm »

So my reread of faust did nothing to convince me he is town. Based on my experience in M98 with faust where I <i>knew</i> he was lying scum but still had a hard time nailing him down, I think in this situation (with the amount of PoE, etc) we are in the burden of proof is on faust to prove he is town

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: October 04, 2017, 01:59:16 pm »

So my reread of faust did nothing to convince me he is town. Based on my experience in M98 with faust where I <i>knew</i> he was lying scum but still had a hard time nailing him down, I think in this situation (with the amount of PoE, etc) we are in the burden of proof is on faust to prove he is town

Haha, italicizing error. That's why I usually also select the text and press the little italics button

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: October 04, 2017, 02:03:09 pm »

Can you explain what your PoE is or should I wait for your claim?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: October 04, 2017, 02:07:08 pm »

faust now.
You first.

Not happening. Do you believe Qvist is town ?
I don't have much of a read on Qvist, but using his power N2 seems townie. We had fewer kills then than were to be expected, right?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: October 04, 2017, 02:08:12 pm »

I'm inclined to believe both Space and Eevee.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: October 04, 2017, 02:14:07 pm »

10 alive, 3 scum:

Galzria
2.71828..... - me
Teproc - mason
Datswan
Eevee
Qvist - protector of the island
RoadRunner
faust
SpaceAnemone
O - mason

6 left, still 3 scum:
Space and eevee have claims that make perfect sense, it didn't mean one or both aren't scum, but I really think at most one is scum, so let's say

4 left, 2 scum:
Galzria having draft position 4 and pulling VT is either extremely townie or scum who knows they picked poisoner draft #1 and wants to hide his real role. Lean town

3 left, 2 scum:
Faust
RR
Datswan

Good enough PoE?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: October 04, 2017, 02:18:58 pm »

I think eevee is especially town because of the hype over a result that doesn't tell us anything

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: October 04, 2017, 02:20:19 pm »

Something's up with faust and the claims, interested to see where this goes. If there is a deadlock, having Qvist decide who claims and when seems fair and good. He is the towniest guy around.

No, if there is a deadlock we lynch faust
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 101  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.