Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 111  All

Author Topic: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 267712 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1375 on: June 07, 2016, 05:46:07 pm »

@Seprix - can you explain your scum-read of Teproc. He was in my D1 comfortable pile.

My case on Teproc has dissolved, and taking out all of the WIFOMs I had, it all highly depends on liopoil's alignment. If lio flips as town, Teproc looks bad. If he flips scum, Teproc is probably town.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1376 on: June 07, 2016, 05:46:49 pm »

Why am I so high on the rainbow? [I plan on it, but] I haven't contributed anything very meaningful. Isn't that scummy?
See, this is what I'm talking about.  RR saying "isn't that scummy" used to be a rocksolid scumtell for RR.  And it just ISN'T any more.  So annoying.
Sorry bud. If you want to read me, ask EFHW. She knows the secret and she's told a few people (like Liopoil).

Here's a good way: RR, are you scum?

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1377 on: June 07, 2016, 05:49:53 pm »

Where is Teproc anyway? Last post was more than three days ago.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1378 on: June 07, 2016, 05:50:20 pm »

Should we request a prod?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: June 07, 2016, 05:51:45 pm »

He's been online. He's likely lurking.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1380 on: June 07, 2016, 05:52:51 pm »

Come out come out wherever you are Teproc.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: June 07, 2016, 05:58:22 pm »

request prod on Teproc

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: June 07, 2016, 06:01:11 pm »

Why am I so high on the rainbow? [I plan on it, but] I haven't contributed anything very meaningful. Isn't that scummy?
See, this is what I'm talking about.  RR saying "isn't that scummy" used to be a rocksolid scumtell for RR.  And it just ISN'T any more.  So annoying.
Sorry bud. If you want to read me, ask EFHW. She knows the secret and she's told a few people (like Liopoil).

Here's a good way: RR, are you scum?
Negative
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: June 07, 2016, 06:12:38 pm »

Bleh I still don't know how to feel about Teproc. I agree with the recent things that have been said in his favor. But why is he tunnelling me?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: June 07, 2016, 06:16:20 pm »

Kept wondering when I'd get to the much-discussed cases on Liopoil & e. People are starting to question e's lurking, I too am finding that scummy.  And now I just got to this:

Seriously, it's a simple, jokey question, but it's enough to make liopoil react defensively AND feel the need to add another post because he's scared of the way his first response is read ?

The second post is really what makes it scummy for me, town probably doesn't even take the time to respond to that in the first place, but liopoil cared enough to post twice about it !

Roadrunner best scumhunter 2016.

This case on Lio is actually quite good. But I doubt it quite a bit, because it's coming from my second strongest scumread. Teproc early day looked awful, then he disappeared. Coming back with this does not inspire my confidence in the case.
Ewwwww. "I know lio is scum, and want to look good if he gets lynched, but look how scummy Teproc is guys!"

Vote: iguanaiguana

I'm good with killing lio too at this point.

Iguana: Why don't you go into more detail on Teproc's d1 and why it looks scummy?
Okay this is a terrible vote:

"scum!iguana implies scum!lio [thus lio is strictly more likely to be scum], so vote iguana". Okay, not quite what she said, but this vote just doesn't have a rationale.

Increasingly getting a scum vibe from fontisian.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: June 07, 2016, 06:21:27 pm »

People who are voting for iguana: ss, seprix, haddock, fontisian, j reggie, adk (L-2)

People who have stated any good reason to suspect iguana recently: liopoil, J Reggie

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: June 07, 2016, 06:24:45 pm »

Kept wondering when I'd get to the much-discussed cases on Liopoil & e. People are starting to question e's lurking, I too am finding that scummy.  And now I just got to this:

Seriously, it's a simple, jokey question, but it's enough to make liopoil react defensively AND feel the need to add another post because he's scared of the way his first response is read ?

The second post is really what makes it scummy for me, town probably doesn't even take the time to respond to that in the first place, but liopoil cared enough to post twice about it !

Roadrunner best scumhunter 2016.

This case on Lio is actually quite good. But I doubt it quite a bit, because it's coming from my second strongest scumread. Teproc early day looked awful, then he disappeared. Coming back with this does not inspire my confidence in the case.
Ewwwww. "I know lio is scum, and want to look good if he gets lynched, but look how scummy Teproc is guys!"

Vote: iguanaiguana

I'm good with killing lio too at this point.

Iguana: Why don't you go into more detail on Teproc's d1 and why it looks scummy?
Okay this is a terrible vote:

"scum!iguana implies scum!lio [thus lio is strictly more likely to be scum], so vote iguana". Okay, not quite what she said, but this vote just doesn't have a rationale.

Increasingly getting a scum vibe from fontisian.
Iguana is likely scum regardless of your alignment, but if he is scum, you're at the top of list of potential partners.
Dread Empress fontisian (may she never return)
Smooth like Sandpaper

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: June 07, 2016, 06:29:23 pm »

People who are voting for iguana: ss, seprix, haddock, fontisian, j reggie, adk (L-2)

And, y'know.  Silverspawn.  And me-sheeping-silverspawn.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: June 07, 2016, 06:30:44 pm »

Why is that even worth mentioning now.

This is my beef with all sentences which hinge on "If x is scum". They are a complete waste of space. Only time I can consider using those words not ridiculous is at lylo or during twilight, or perhaps when a PR claims something.

And, y'know.  Silverspawn.  And me-sheeping-silverspawn.
uhh yes you are both on that list.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: June 07, 2016, 06:33:20 pm »

ok going to reread the first part of D2 now.

I like Teproc's post that opens the day.

This post from JReggie is scummy

Iguana seems hard to read because D1 was super long and it is hard to get in the game.  I think it would be fishier if he had reads coming into the day.  Saying he has no scum reads seems townie to me.

I thought I was going to be around at the end of the day but got pulled into a meeting at work....new bosses and they are trying to change the duties and responsibilities of my job...so yeah. 

Anyway, since I wasn't a part of it, I will strongly condemn that lynch.  It was absolutely awful.  I know, lynching is important, but that lynch totally felt like scum pushing some last minute lynch away from a different last minute lynch of a partner.

I am going back to vote: Seprix

BTW this setup is probably multiball.

This is also interesting.  RR, do you say that because of the size of the game, or what?  I mean, sure, but you seem fairly confident and I don't see anything that says multiball
/Says the lynch felt like scum were pushing it away from other scum
/Votes someone who didn't vote Awaclus

There were five different ways those wagons could have gone. You're telling me you think the Awaclus runup was specifically to save Seprix, when Seprix didn't even try to save himself?

Vote: e

General suggestion: Stop randomly running people up just before the deadline. Jeez.

Looking forward to seeing Lio's thing and iguana's catch up.

This from fonti isn't even true.  Seprix did vote for Awaclus, he was the first person on the wagon.

Interesting that iguana pretty much only picks out stuff from ADK and Teproc. 

Currently think might be scum: Teproc, e, Haddock, ADK, any of the new players I have no idea.

Would be happy with a wagon on any of those. vote: Teproc.

Why Teproc out of that whole group?

this post from Seprix is just strange

I'd expect Teproc/Melisandre to be killed N1. I do not like the IG kill at all. I think Teproc or Melisandre is scum already, maybe even both.

vote: Teproc

Let's start here.

Is that really your case on Teproc?  I didn't expect Teproc to be killed N1 at all.  Sure he was townie, but he wasn't doing the work that Melis was doing.  After everything that has happened, why did you pick Teproc?

Up to #1225 now.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: June 07, 2016, 06:41:44 pm »

@Gkreig

@Seprix - can you explain your scum-read of Teproc. He was in my D1 comfortable pile.

My case on Teproc has dissolved, and taking out all of the WIFOMs I had, it all highly depends on liopoil's alignment. If lio flips as town, Teproc looks bad. If he flips scum, Teproc is probably town.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: June 07, 2016, 06:47:25 pm »

Fail.  Lemme try again:

People who have stated any good reason to suspect iguana recently: liopoil, J Reggie
And, y know. Silverspawn. And me.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: June 07, 2016, 06:53:44 pm »

I will reread Teproc now

He could be scum.  Let's lynch you [seprix] first then we will have a great interaction to look into

Mega Scummy post here from e

e, what do you think is more likely for scum after having successfully led a mislynch: a.on and claim they definitely got a mafia, b.stop posting or c. express regret so they won't look as bad after the flip?

I want to ask this question back to fonti  What do you think they would do?

e, what do you think is more likely for scum after having successfully led a mislynch: a.on and claim they definitely got a mafia, b.stop posting or c. express regret so they won't look as bad after the flip?

These kinds of questions and the answers that follow make it harder to find scum in the future.
Actually, I think it makes it easier to find scum right now.

The idea that you shouldn't ever give a read away because meta is ridiculous.

I don't actually get what you mean by this

this post from e looks slightly better.

Haddock and e and Teproc need to be under more scrutiny, because they often get very strong townreads when they're scum. Haddock looked towny D1, which can be a scumtell for him.
I've played 4 scum games, two RMM.
In one normal game I was indeed a town read for most players.

In the other I was read as scum throughout d.

In one RMM game I barely got to play.
 In the other I was found scummy to the point of nearly being lynched, saved myself with a fake claim that convinced 90% of town but then got vigged.

So you can't really conclude this at all. 

The converse is kinda true though. This is my first ever town game where I've been generally seen as town on d1.
So you kinda have a point. Why am I being town read this game? Dunno, except it's probably that I didn't contribute enough d1 and so people didn't get to see my usual hedging.

Anyhoo.
I think the seprix thing is bad. I didn't want to comment much on this yesterday because it had a big effect on fruit ninja Mafia which was ongoing.  Seprixs behaviour this game is very like his behaviour there. So I think he's likely town. I didn't want to say this earlier because it would have made my "scumread on seprix" in fruit ninja less believable.  Sorry about that.

E could maybe be scum here, seems an OK place to start.  I've never seen scum Teproc that I recall. But he seems towny.

Actually I think reggie warrants scrutiny. I think he's a terrifyingly good new player. But his comments here are similar to his scum play in fruit ninja. vote: j reggie

This is all a phone post, better stuff coming later hopefully.

Why did you go in depth about e and Teproc then vote JReggie and completely not talk about anything else?

I am also okay with a Melisandre lynch. I think scum is within Teproc/Melis, possibly both.

The longer he keeps going with this, the more I want to lynch him

and it looks like I've commented on mostly everything up to this point.  Now I just need to get it all straight and put some reads together.  Then do some rereads.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: June 07, 2016, 06:59:32 pm »

Haddock and e and Teproc need to be under more scrutiny, because they often get very strong townreads when they're scum. Haddock looked towny D1, which can be a scumtell for him.

In the other I was found scummy to the point of nearly being lynched, saved myself with a fake claim that convinced 90% of town but then got vigged.

The converse is kinda true though. This is my first ever town game where I've been generally seen as town on d1.
So you kinda have a point. Why am I being town read this game? Dunno, except it's probably that I didn't contribute enough d1 and so people didn't get to see my usual hedging.

Anyhoo.
I think the seprix thing is bad. I didn't want to comment much on this yesterday because it had a big effect on fruit ninja Mafia which was ongoing.  Seprixs behaviour this game is very like his behaviour there. So I think he's likely town. I didn't want to say this earlier because it would have made my "scumread on seprix" in fruit ninja less believable.  Sorry about that.

E could maybe be scum here, seems an OK place to start.  I've never seen scum Teproc that I recall. But he seems towny.

Actually I think reggie warrants scrutiny. I think he's a terrifyingly good new player. But his comments here are similar to his scum play in fruit ninja. vote: j reggie

Why did you go in depth about e and Teproc then vote JReggie and completely not talk about anything else?

what? Have you, like, even read that post?

I talk about plenty of other things. Seprix for instance.

And I don't go into any detail about e and Teproc,  just throwing out my first thoughts about them. Notice that I reread Teproc just now and gave detail then.

Seriously. I don't even understand what you mean by this question.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: June 07, 2016, 07:01:06 pm »

So reads list:

Town:
Melisandre
Roadrunner7671

Slight Town
Teproc
A Drowned Kernel

Null
iguanaiguana
Jan

Slight Scum
fontisian
silverspawn
J Reggie
Haddock

Scum:
liopoil
Seprix

So I think rereads should probably start with Teproc and ADK to see if I can put them in a stronger town category.

Then go to the slight scums

Then to the scums to make cases.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: June 07, 2016, 07:02:07 pm »

Anyhoo.

what? Have you, like, even read that post?

I talk about plenty of other things. Seprix for instance.

And I don't go into any detail about e and Teproc,  just throwing out my first thoughts about them. Notice that I reread Teproc just now and gave detail then.

Seriously. I don't even understand what you mean by this question.

Missed the Seprix part of this post completely, was just going off of what I was reading at the time, instead of looking at what you said about Teproc later.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: June 07, 2016, 07:04:58 pm »

So your question is:
Why have I reread Teproc and not specifically e or reggie or any of the many other players?

Or something similar to that.

That may actually be a legit question.

Answer: cant reread everyone.  I have to prioritise. Lots of people scumreading Teproc so that seemed a good place to start. 

Rereading reggie would make a lot of sense now that I think about it, so yeah I guess I'll do that, tomorrow maybe.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: June 07, 2016, 07:06:26 pm »

No wait, I misread your most recent post. I thought you were saying you WERE including my Teproc reread which was why the question asked why I had gone into detail about Teproc.

In which case I go back to my original stance. Your question makes no sense and I need you to rephrase it.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: June 07, 2016, 07:15:15 pm »

Vote Count 2.2

liopoil (2): Teproc, gkrieg13
Seprix (1): 2.71828.....
2.71828..... (1): Roadrunner7671
iguanaiguana (6): silverspawn, Seprix, Haddock, fontisian, J Reggie, A Drowned Kernel

Not Voting (4): liopoil, Melisandre, iguanaiguana, Jan

Day 2 ends June 11 at 5 am forum time.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: June 07, 2016, 07:17:46 pm »

So L-2?

Uh oh.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 111  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 20 queries.