Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 111  All

Author Topic: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 267710 times)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1350 on: June 07, 2016, 03:37:10 pm »

vote: iguana

More to come.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1351 on: June 07, 2016, 03:40:13 pm »

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: June 07, 2016, 03:45:18 pm »

well: iguana

Let me explain you what I believe just happened.

iguana is scum. Scum has daychat. iguana forgot that it was not in the setup. his calling it a town slip is a scum slip. Then, when he realized what he had done, he fabricated this explanation:

So the fact that this question about daychat likelihood even occurred to him indicates town.

which I do not buy. He called it a "classic townslip". Openly wondering about something town does not know - that is not a town slip. That is the lack of a scum slip. it is what scum does with almost every post, whenever they voice a read on someone, they are pretending to think about something they already know.
But scum probably don't have daychat right?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: June 07, 2016, 03:46:47 pm »

Excellent play, SS! You are the master.  8)
WOW what a flip-flop

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: June 07, 2016, 03:51:00 pm »

People I currently don't want to lynch today:

liopoil
e (towny reads post recently)
RR (towny and easier to read later)
Awaclus (townread has intensified, just meta though)
J Reggie (Still towny)
Meli (At this point has just too much content to lynch today. If he were scum I'd would expect him to at least be trying to direct a lynch or something if he posts so much, but he's not voting)
Ichimaru Gin (Thinking like town)

People I don't have a reason to want to lynch:
fontisian (Not worried about content or buddying anymore)
silverspawn, gkrieg13
Teproc (We'll see...)

People there is some reason to lynch:
ADK, Hydrad, Haddock (Lurking)
Jan, Seprix (Still a bit scummy)

e being high town on this reads post makes no sense at all.  So there's something scummy from Lio... hmm....

Liopoil: Why'd you put e as town there?
Well e is super towny so there's that. I agree with most everything he says, and it sounds like hr means it. And it's mostly the same people who suspect both of us. I mean, he could be buddying me, but he's just making too much sense for that. So I can repeat the thing he said about being ashamed for voting lio about him.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1355 on: June 07, 2016, 03:51:16 pm »

Why do you town-read Seprix? [the only reasons I could see signs of 'town-Seprix' in his D1 play, are reasons based on WIFOM]. Do you have any tangible reasons?
Did I explain my meta-reason for townreading Seprix?  (I know you don't love meta reasons, but they're what I got).  I think I mentioned it.  Basically, read Fruit Ninja Mafia, where I was scum.  He was town there but I enjoyed painting him as scummy because of some weird behaviour he had.  If he's scum here, he's imitating that behaviour pretty damn well.

I'd expect Teproc/Melisandre to be killed N1. I do not like the IG kill at all. I think Teproc or Melisandre is scum already, maybe even both.
Can you break this down to me. All of it. Line by line. Even if it's a wall-post. We sort this now.

It's quite simple. Melisandre, you have been driving the game forward like a good little town. However, you're not lynched yet. Why? Teproc is widely considered the best town player on f.ds, so how is he not dead yet? I think it's very reasonable to conclude (especially with a very odd IG NK) that one of you, and possibly both (I won't go that far) is scum.

WIFOM WIFOM.
This is weak about Meli in particular.

I CAN kinda see the Teproc argument, though that's WIFOM too.  Teproc hasn't looked outright scummy to me so far, and I'm thinking I might targetted reread him in a bit.

In other news, my gut is still finding lio's latest stuff scummy.  There's probably some confirmation bias here, but this:
The end of yesterday makes me read Seprix as much more likely to be town. He just had lots of genuine split-second reactions. So I'll assime he's town for now. Makes me feel suspicious of hydrad/iguana, because that wagon had way too much resistance. If iguana is town, then all the end-of-day wagons were town, and so scum is likely to be waiting and just letting town choose their mislynch. Either way, makes me lean town on everyone who pushed the Hydrad lynch. Who was that? I'll go check.

This makes much more sense to me.
I disagree with.  To me, this looks like lio coming up with a pretty convoluted reason to find people-pushing-Hydrad towny, and in doing so perhaps he distances himself from a partner?  That's a long shot, sure.
 But I don't agree that this argument makes a whole lot of sense.  Too many ifs and buts.

The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: June 07, 2016, 03:51:55 pm »

Man I can't even remember whether or not I find e towny in this game.  I can't read e well in general.  I guess I'll reread him as well as Teproc.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: June 07, 2016, 03:53:08 pm »

well the argument works both ways. If I'm right about igu then I'd say they prob do, because that should make it more likely to have been on his mind.

WOW what a flip-flop

yeah that was odd.

What do you think about the argument?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: June 07, 2016, 04:00:29 pm »

well the argument works both ways. If I'm right about igu then I'd say they prob do, because that should make it more likely to have been on his mind.

WOW what a flip-flop

yeah that was odd.

What do you think about the argument?
I think your argument is nearly irrelevant because I put it at under a 1 in 5 chance that scum have daychat.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: June 07, 2016, 04:12:08 pm »

Just read all of Teproc.  I think he's really towny overall.  No idea where the people voting him are coming from.

Three things I set aside as I passed them:

1)
PPE : Boo, silver. Boo.

?

Explaining metas. Not only would it have been entertaining, it could have been revealing. Possibly annoying too, but ohwell.

PPE : Well, I only scumread you when you're scum is the thing, but I see.

That's demonstrably false.

I actually don't think it is. I'm very good at catching you. Maybe I was wrong once, but I can think of three separate times where my "ADK isn't obvtown to me, must be scum" method worked.
This is the one outright scummy thing Teproc has done that I've seen.  This kind of "Oh I have this method, it works so well, at least well enough to be worth going with" is like hedging, but one step sideways: it lets you say later, "Oh no, my method! Disaster!" Rather than actually being accountable.

2)
So opinion poll:

J Reggie, gkrieg, Teproc:
Mafia, town, neither
Discuss.
Was it J Reggie trying to encourage conversation... was J Reggie going to present his reads on gkrieg/Teproc? I read it as he's having problems trying to sort those two slots. Null on the 'hey-guys-how-are-you-reading-me-right-now?' - it shows he is comfortable, but I wouldn't call it town confidence right now: I need to hear him be more expressive with his reads.

This post jumped out to me as well. J Reggie is a new player, so I don't know any more than you here, but I have the opposite read on it : I think it shows that he's nervous on what people think of him, which I think is generally a scummy trait.

Jumping on Silver? I missed that.

When silver and ADK were voting for me he criticized that and threw suspicion on both, though he focused more on ADK.
This is super townie and I agree entirely, by the way.  Reggie is still a bit scummy. Read Fruit Ninja.

3)
The big thing is his pushing liopoil.  He actually posts that he finds lio mildly towny, quite early on, then suddenly throws this out
I haven't had trouble getting into this game, I just have no idea what to say. I don't have a scum read and RVS is over so I shouldn't clutter the thread, so I don't know what to say.

It's lame, I know.  :-\

Ask questions. Try to get someone to slip up.
Good idea.

Liopoil: Are you scum?
lol I didn't sign up for thks kind of interrogation. You'll make whatever I say sound scummy. Not convinced of the value of all these questions people are asking anyway.

Obviously I'm not scum though, but you already knew that right?

This is going to look ridiculous but...

vote: liopoil

Seriously, it's a simple, jokey question, but it's enough to make liopoil react defensively AND feel the need to add another post because he's scared of the way his first response is read ?

The second post is really what makes it scummy for me, town probably doesn't even take the time to respond to that in the first place, but liopoil cared enough to post twice about it !

Roadrunner best scumhunter 2016.
This is super towny.  Scum really don't like to go for such a big flip-flop, the more so when the original read was a weak one.  If they've been reading someone as really strongly town, scum can get away with a drastic flip on the back of "Oh my god, why does everyone find this person scummy, what the hell, all my assumptions must be rethought!"  But scum like to avoid going from mild town to strong scum, because they think it looks hedgy.

Plus his case on lio is pretty good and he's been driving that hard.  If lio is town, scum would not want to be pushing that hard for a mislynch.  If lio is scum, well, why bus this early?  Seems crazy.

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: June 07, 2016, 04:25:35 pm »

fontisian
Reggie
Roadrunner
Ichi

ADK
Teproc
Haddock
lio
gkreig

Jan
silverspawn
Melisandre

Awaclus
Hydrad

Seprix
e

How does D1's events effect the rainbow?

Roadrunner
Reggie
Haddock

Teproc
ADK
silverspawn
Seprix

lio
Melisandre
Jan
gkreig

Iguana
e

I think the best point Haddock just made in Teproc's favor is the quote of his flipflop on lio. I'll add that Teproc's phrasing, where he was clearly worried about being scumread for going after someone who was mostly townread but made the case anyway, was hella towny.
Dread Empress fontisian (may she never return)
Smooth like Sandpaper

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: June 07, 2016, 04:29:52 pm »

Kept wondering when I'd get to the much-discussed cases on Liopoil & e. People are starting to question e's lurking, I too am finding that scummy.  And now I just got to this:

Seriously, it's a simple, jokey question, but it's enough to make liopoil react defensively AND feel the need to add another post because he's scared of the way his first response is read ?

The second post is really what makes it scummy for me, town probably doesn't even take the time to respond to that in the first place, but liopoil cared enough to post twice about it !

Roadrunner best scumhunter 2016.

This case on Lio is actually quite good. But I doubt it quite a bit, because it's coming from my second strongest scumread. Teproc early day looked awful, then he disappeared. Coming back with this does not inspire my confidence in the case.
Ewwwww. "I know lio is scum, and want to look good if he gets lynched, but look how scummy Teproc is guys!"

Vote: iguanaiguana

I'm good with killing lio too at this point.

Iguana: Why don't you go into more detail on Teproc's d1 and why it looks scummy?
Smooth like Sandpaper

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: June 07, 2016, 04:31:13 pm »

This summarises my current stance pretty nicely.

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: June 07, 2016, 04:32:38 pm »

Lio, would you mind analyzing your wagon? Who do you think is the most likely to be scum on it? Who is more likely town?

If this game does not have scumchat that can be permanently used, then this is coaching = posisble partner.

If this game does have scumchat (during the day), then she would not do this as partner and they are never w/w.

That being said. The setup info didn't clarify how you handle scumchat on this site. Call it a dumbtell, but how do you do it normally?

Did anyone comment on this classic townslip?

That's not a townslip at all, unless I'm missing something.

If he's scum, then he knows whether scum has daychat in this game.  So the fact that this question about daychat likelihood even occurred to him indicates town.

Obviously, it's possible that as scum he cleverly decided to pretend to question this (maybe, he was actually thinking about it before the game started, and waited until now to think about it.) I consider this less likely.
Lmao, what? You think Jan would slip up as scum by claiming day chat either exists or doesn't exist. Seriously?
Smooth like Sandpaper

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: June 07, 2016, 04:36:31 pm »

This summarises my current stance pretty nicely.
It is know.
Smooth like Sandpaper

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1365 on: June 07, 2016, 04:39:21 pm »

Ok, I just realized something that would make this scum!ii make more sense. Nothing was said in thread that indicated Hydrad needed to be replaced, not even a prod or anything. Simply art the start of the day, ii was there instead of Hydrad. This seems a little weird and could be because Hydrad or Hydrad's buddies were talking about it in the scum cutie. It would also make sense as it's more critical for every scum to be dedicated to the game than for every town. This along with the recent case on ii leads me to vote: ii.

Sorry, I was really hoping not to vote for you this game after the way I tunneled you in Fruit Ninja, but the case is just too good.

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: June 07, 2016, 04:39:48 pm »

Oh, I'm joining a wagon. Cool.
Smooth like Sandpaper

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1367 on: June 07, 2016, 04:54:58 pm »

Wow, that wagon grew quickly. I think it's L-3.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: June 07, 2016, 05:10:02 pm »

I can dig it, especially since he's so keen on setting me up for a mislynch.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1369 on: June 07, 2016, 05:14:21 pm »

We should probably wait to hear from ii before someone hammers.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1370 on: June 07, 2016, 05:16:44 pm »

I can dig it, especially since he's so keen on setting me up for a mislynch.

This seems scummy though.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: June 07, 2016, 05:20:22 pm »

Request Vote Count

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: June 07, 2016, 05:28:41 pm »

Why am I so high on the rainbow? [I plan on it, but] I haven't contributed anything very meaningful. Isn't that scummy?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: June 07, 2016, 05:30:47 pm »

Why am I so high on the rainbow? [I plan on it, but] I haven't contributed anything very meaningful. Isn't that scummy?
See, this is what I'm talking about.  RR saying "isn't that scummy" used to be a rocksolid scumtell for RR.  And it just ISN'T any more.  So annoying.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: June 07, 2016, 05:45:29 pm »

See, this is what I'm talking about.  RR saying "isn't that scummy" used to be a rocksolid scumtell for RR.  And it just ISN'T any more.  So annoying.
Sorry bud. If you want to read me, ask EFHW. She knows the secret and she's told a few people (like Liopoil).
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 111  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.